How often do you find Bionicles at thrift shops?

Guest LemonDefiance

Guest LemonDefiance

I myself have NEVER found any Bionicles at thrift shops, But I always hear people getting great deals at thrift shops. What a shame for me, in fact I've never found any lego product at a thrift store.

So, you guys?

I don't go to thrift shops that often. But I recently went to Goodwill and noticed that they had a Lewa Nuva canister, and upon looking inside, I found that it contained not just Lewa Nuva, but also the original Lewa. I had lost many pieces of both sets (as well as other green parts) many years back when I tried to reverse-engineer Tahtorak from images alone. So it was a stroke of luck to find them both mostly complete that day.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

Very rarely. But my mom goes to Value Village once in a while and I usually come with her. I sometimes see Lego stuff, like huge bags of Lego pieces, but Bionicle only once, when I saw a nearly complete Fero & Skirmix set(missing Thornax and eyes) and a bag with pieces from Toa Inika Matoro and some of those McDonald's Happy Meal Piraka. I got the Fero set.

Guest ShinyUmbreon

Actually I just remembered, I didn't find it myself, but seven or so years ago my Mom found Toa Tahu Mata, Toa Lewa Mata, Turaga Vakama, and Turaga Onewa in a thrift shop. Ever since I have not seen any.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought most of a Nuparu Inika at a Good Will a couple of months ago. He came with an orange Bohrok arm, a yellow Throwbot arm, and a bent disc-throwing arm from Huki.

Aside from him, the only set I have been lucky enough to find in thrift stores is Bordakh, the blue Vahki. I've seen him in no less than three different thrift stores. Why it's always him I will never know. The Nuparu Inika I found even came in a Bordakh canister!

And then there are the McDonalds figures. My mom picked me up the Lewa and Gali ones for a couple of cents back in 2008, not sure if they were something I'd be interested in. I thanked her, and they now gather dust in a closet. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Several a few years back, among other LEGO Finds. Got plenty of Bohrok and spare Toa out of them, a Stars Gresh, various Glatorian set parts, and even a complete Roodaka set that I just reassembled.Not too many finds as of late, though. Finding LEGO in bulk packs or even completed sets is a rarity these days.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I've never found any myself, but my dad found a turahk, near complete, in the canister, at a thrift shop. The only things missing were the staff and the kraata. Thank goodness for spare parts!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 2 weeks later...

I found Lewa Nuva and Lewa Mata at Goodwill once. That's about it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Extremely rarely. But if I see them, I buy them. That said, quick research on 'differences between charity shops and thrift stores' suggests that the latter are larger, so it could just be that in the UK we don't have as much room for second-hand products. Then again, what sense does that make - in my high street I can visit 5 different charity shops to find stuff.I think the last time I found something it was a Poison Rahkshi.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my first Bionicle set, Gali Nuva, at a second-hand store. My mom also saw a couple Bohrok-Kal canisters at Goodwill quite recently (May 2, 2013!!) and bought them for $5 each. While the Nuhvok-Kal set was woefully incomplete, Lehvak-Kal was in perfect condition and currently rests in ball-position on my knee as I'm typing this.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Assuming thrift shops are more or less the American equivalent of the 'charity shops' we have here in the UK, then yes; as a fairly frequent visitor of charity shops (in my experience, you can find all sorts of interesting things if you visit enough of them... :rolleyes:), I've seen a fair few. Didn't get any of my current Bionicle collection from one, save for a few spare '01 Kanohi; mostly, I only tend to stumble across sets I already have (often missing significant parts like masks or limbs), or that I have no interest in buying. I did, however, get most of Bionicle's precursor sets, the Slizers and Roboriders, this way; some of them, I was even fortunate enough to find unopened, which was a nice bonus.

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen them in the local thrift shops, but I have a friend who makes a living from buying/selling/trading at flea markets, and he's brought me quite a few partial or complete Bionicle sets at exceedingly cheap prices.

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.