8465277359_7271ac5923_n.jpg

Brickshelf

MOCpages

My entry for the BBCC #64

So I thought about the Chima action figures that will be released by summer. One of those figures is a larger version of Eris . Now the action figure of Eris didn't look quite feminine so I thought it would be perfect to make a more accurate and improved version of Eris. The model itself can balance on the legs without the stand but with the slightest movement it falls over. The zamor sphere on her chest represent the Chi-orbs from the Chima story.Personally I find this MOC one of my greatest yet. For some reason I’m satisfied with almost every aspect of the MOC.

With the latest change of the technic/system ratio this MOC can enter without trouble. (Thanks contest hosts <3)

Edited by Sparkytron

I had a signature once

it's gone now

Very nice, although I can't say the proportions are all that much more feminine than the official one. Her waist seems just as thin and her chest seems just as wide (with her shoulders even wider than the official set). The robotic textures are also a bit weird for a Chima character.That's if I'm judging this as a revamp. I won't lie, there are very few revamps I like, generally because it's hard to add something to a set without taking something away at the same time and vice-versa.As a Chima-inspired model of its own, this is glorious. The bird-like design characteristics like the thin legs and wings are pulled off quite nicely, the face is reminiscent of Eris (and still visibly eagle-like in its sharpness), and the blades fit this as well as if they had been designed for the Chima theme. The gold Chi armor, using a Zamor sphere and Ninjago crown to great effect, also fits this model perfectly.My main criticism of this as a model that I'm not fond of action figure models that can't carry their own weight, so the stand is a minus for me. I also don't like the arms, which despite being simple hinder posability and have an odd, disjointed feel due to the bulky, boxy upper arms and thin, streamlined lower arms. Overall, though, this model still is a very great model in an artistic sense, capturing the feel of its subject with lots of creative part use.