Bioncle : Bohroks' Revenge (stupid , I know) - O0.1

Guest Aiyetoro the Onu - Matoran

Its awesome!It isn't stupid at all!

But I recomend to use Rayg

Edited by maxthethrax

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:
If you have PM from me,you are one of them!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I... have absolutely no idea what's going on there. From what I see in the snapshots, conceptually it looks alright, but needs some polishing. The intro's cute, haha.Some issues I ran into while playing it were..-Your instructions file is empty, and on top of that it's not clearly accessible. I hadn't used a gamemaker application in years and forgot that instructions are always under the F1 key. You should really add in proper cues so people know where everything is.

-I have no idea if I can shoot or interact with anything because of the lack of instructions. So far I've only figured out how to jump around the map.

-There's no real explanation of the environments at all. How do I know what those blue circles are?

-The controls are a little buggy. On tahu's level, I was stuck at the beginning because the jump key doesn't work when you're holding down the left arrow key. I had to jump first, and then move. Yet for some reason it works fine with the right arrow key. You'll want to look into that.

-The screen is a tad small and cluttered. Tahu's face and the score shouldn't take up half the screen. I actually had a hard time reading what score I had. I'd suggest using larger graphics and making slightly wider screens. Sometimes bigger is better. (If graphics aren't your thing, you could take Max's suggestion and use a sprite kit. There are quite a few available on the new and old BZP forums.)-Polish the grammar. I noticed you're Russian. Nothing wrong with that, just it might be a good idea to have a proofreader for all your text and dialogue if you're presenting your game to an English speaking community. :)

-Test your levels more extensively. Unless I've missed something, I'm stuck on the first level. There's a platform that's unfortunately too high to jump back onto, meaning I can't retrace my steps, meaning I can't proceed any further if I've missed something along the way.

As for artsy stuff. If art isn't your thing, feel free to disregard this.

You're using a lot of sharp contrasting colours and shades in a lot of your graphics. This is a real strain on the eyes, mainly your Mata-nui map. Oceans aren't typically a bright and piercing default blue, and lush vegetation isn't typically neon green. You'll want a more natural and desaturated colour selection for the artwork that represents nature. Tahu's level, I'd recommend making the scenery darker, but adding some warmth from flames or lava. Tahu's level seemed a little cold to me. I'd also suggest a new title screen.. putting it simply, it just..doesn't make all too much sense.

Good luck with the project.(P.S. If that is a mini-map in one of your screenshots, I will love you forever.)