• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBCC 64: Beelzebub, Sapphire Swordsman

BBCC 64 Entry Beelzebub Blue bottle fly Kanaya Makes A MOC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kanaya Maryam

Kanaya Maryam
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 10-September 07
  • 1,119 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

[color=#078446;][font="courier;"]It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on BZPower at all, so I feel the new BBCC is a perfect time to rejuvenate my post count.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]This here's Beelzebub. He's a pretty quick build made off of a WIP I made using Big Chill's wings from the Ben 10 line. I just wanted to utilize those pieces as torso armor. I might not be the first one to do it, but I've always loved how it flows into the body.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]The design and coloration is based off of the Calliphora vomitoria, better known as the blue bottle fly. An early name for him was the Sapphire Trumpeter, because I imagine the annoying buzzing sound flies make would either sound like a war trumpet or small jet engine when enlarged to human size.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]C&C are welcomed.[/color][/font]

Edited by Kanaya Maryam, Feb 13 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#2 Guest_X-G.12_*

Guest_X-G.12_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 10:40 AM

blue! black! four arms! this thing is pretty cool. I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^. though in my opinion, the wheels look a bit out of place where they are. and the feet look a bit small. maybe using Antroz feet instead would help it flow a bit better.

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,112 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 03:56 PM

Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.
I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^
Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#4 Online Kanaya Maryam

Kanaya Maryam
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 10-September 07
  • 1,119 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:25 PM

[font="'Courier New';"][color=#008141;]@X-G. 12: I somewhat agree on the rubber tires. Perhaps it was caused by the different types of lighting used when building and taking photographs, but they seemed to blend right in when I put them there. As for the tiny feet, I actually used Vezon's feet at first, but I felt it looked more reptilian than insectoid, and insect feet are actually too small to distinguish from their legs anyway.[/color][/font]
Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.

I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^

Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.
[font="'Courier New';"][color=#008141;]Yes, the enlarged head was intentional. And those swords were quite literally added at the last minute. They were the only weapons I had at hand that fit in with the insect theme.[/color][/font]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users