• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBCC 64: Beelzebub, Sapphire Swordsman

BBCC 64 Entry Beelzebub Blue bottle fly Kanaya Makes A MOC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kanaya Maryam

Kanaya Maryam
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 10-September 07
  • 1,119 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

[color=#078446;][font="courier;"]It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on BZPower at all, so I feel the new BBCC is a perfect time to rejuvenate my post count.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]This here's Beelzebub. He's a pretty quick build made off of a WIP I made using Big Chill's wings from the Ben 10 line. I just wanted to utilize those pieces as torso armor. I might not be the first one to do it, but I've always loved how it flows into the body.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]The design and coloration is based off of the Calliphora vomitoria, better known as the blue bottle fly. An early name for him was the Sapphire Trumpeter, because I imagine the annoying buzzing sound flies make would either sound like a war trumpet or small jet engine when enlarged to human size.[/color][/font] [color=#078446;][font="courier;"]C&C are welcomed.[/color][/font]

Edited by Kanaya Maryam, Feb 13 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#2 Guest_X-G.12_*

Guest_X-G.12_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 10:40 AM

blue! black! four arms! this thing is pretty cool. I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^. though in my opinion, the wheels look a bit out of place where they are. and the feet look a bit small. maybe using Antroz feet instead would help it flow a bit better.

#3 Offline Kimiko Kusanagi

Kimiko Kusanagi
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,813 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 03:56 PM

Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.
I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^
Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#4 Offline Kanaya Maryam

Kanaya Maryam
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 10-September 07
  • 1,119 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:25 PM

[font="'Courier New';"][color=#008141;]@X-G. 12: I somewhat agree on the rubber tires. Perhaps it was caused by the different types of lighting used when building and taking photographs, but they seemed to blend right in when I put them there. As for the tiny feet, I actually used Vezon's feet at first, but I felt it looked more reptilian than insectoid, and insect feet are actually too small to distinguish from their legs anyway.[/color][/font]
Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.

I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^

Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.
[font="'Courier New';"][color=#008141;]Yes, the enlarged head was intentional. And those swords were quite literally added at the last minute. They were the only weapons I had at hand that fit in with the insect theme.[/color][/font]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users