BBCC 64: Beelzebub, Sapphire Swordsman

clickthrough.png

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on BZPower at all, so I feel the new BBCC is a perfect time to rejuvenate my post count. This here's Beelzebub. He's a pretty quick build made off of a WIP I made using Big Chill's wings from the Ben 10 line. I just wanted to utilize those pieces as torso armor. I might not be the first one to do it, but I've always loved how it flows into the body. The design and coloration is based off of the Calliphora vomitoria, better known as the blue bottle fly. An early name for him was the Sapphire Trumpeter, because I imagine the annoying buzzing sound flies make would either sound like a war trumpet or small jet engine when enlarged to human size. C&C are welcomed. Edited by Kanaya Maryam
kanayabwsigbzp2.png

blue! black! four arms! this thing is pretty cool. I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^. though in my opinion, the wheels look a bit out of place where they are. and the feet look a bit small. maybe using Antroz feet instead would help it flow a bit better.

Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.

I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^.
Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

@X-G. 12: I somewhat agree on the rubber tires. Perhaps it was caused by the different types of lighting used when building and taking photographs, but they seemed to blend right in when I put them there. As for the tiny feet, I actually used Vezon's feet at first, but I felt it looked more reptilian than insectoid, and insect feet are actually too small to distinguish from their legs anyway.

Overall pretty nice insect vibe; as you said, the upper body's armor has a great flow to it.I do agree with XG12 about the tires. Those can be great to bulk up a MOC, but you've got to know where to use them, and I don't really like the currently placement.The head is too large for the body, though I actually like that because it helps the insect feel of the MOC.

I liked how you used Gorast wings as swords. wondering when people would catch on to that. apparently, you have ^_^.

Not insulting Farhan's creativity, but that's a pretty common idea, just so you know.
Yes, the enlarged head was intentional. And those swords were quite literally added at the last minute. They were the only weapons I had at hand that fit in with the insect theme.
kanayabwsigbzp2.png