BBC#64 Entry: Ravenous Fighter

Very interesting use of System in this model as a sort of cladding around a Technic skeleton. It mostly works, although the shaping of the shoulders and upper arms leaves something to be desired.The wings are very nice but the size and position doesn't entirely suit this model. I think on a smaller raven-inspired vehicle or sculpture they might feel more appropriate, or even on a slightly smaller humanoid figure. The variety of panels used does do a good job suggesting feathers, and the use of Chima wing elements on the elbows likewise lends a nice feathered look.The weapon is clever-- even without much visible sharpness, it has quite a fearsome look.The inconsistent purples are somewhat jarring but sadly probably unavoidable without removing purple from the color scheme entirely, since it seems you have few System parts in Bright Violet and few Technic/BIONICLE/Hero Factory parts in Medium Lilac.Overall this model has a very wonderful look, even if some sections are a bit weaker than others.

I had indeed no other choice but to use the two different hues of purple. Alternatively, I could have used metru blue, but I don't have as many 'useful' parts in that colour. I am not too happy about the wings myself. They've always been one of my downsides, and making them at this scale doesn't really help either.At first I was a bit clueless as to what weapon would suit him best. But since Raven are somewhat sinister, a scythe would suit him quite well. The purple Krana work quite well to give it both more detail and a somewhat more fearsome look. The shoulders are actually quite complex, and probably one of my favourite parts of the design. A quite neat (if I may say so :P ) combination of system and technic, giving plenty of connection points at the back (more 'feathers'), making enough room for arms (although the placement of his shoulders is somewhat off) and looking pretty smooth from most angles.img_5822.jpg

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!