LEGO Reveals 10240 Red Five X-wing

10240_teaser.jpgRight about now at LEGO World in Denmark a new set is being unveiled. 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter is based on of of the most iconic spaceships in science fiction from one of the greatest sagas made. If all this means nothing to you, you should go out right now and watch Star Wars. But before you do, read on to see the pictures and full press release for this set!View the full article

... Of all the cool ships that could have a UCS model associated with them, we get another UCS X-Wing? I know Star Wars is one of Lego's biggest moneymakers (and of course they want to keep it going), but the amount of re-releases is getting ridiculous with this line. At least there's Episode 7 sets to look forward to in two years.

Oh well. I guess the target audiences like it, and that's what matters.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

... Of all the cool ships that could have a UCS model associated with them, we get another UCS X-Wing? I know Star Wars is one of Lego's biggest moneymakers (and of course they want to keep it going), but the amount of re-releases is getting ridiculous with this line. At least there's Episode 7 sets to look forward to in two years. Oh well. I guess the target audiences like it, and that's what matters.
Hey, why not? The X-Wing is arguably the most iconic ship in the Star Wars mythos, and yet it was also the most painfully out-of-date Ultimate Collectors' Series model. Even a few years after its release it was painfully inferior to the other, more recent ships in the UCS lineup. Given the choice between getting rereleases of iconic ships versus seeing those same beloved ships fall further and further behind in terms of design quality as the designers delve into more and more obscure subjects for new sets, I'd rather choose the former.To be honest, I haven't collected LEGO Star Wars since around 2005, but nothing has excited me more these past few years than seeing the designers release new, updated versions of classic subjects I used to have as sets, and recognizing how much design quality in general has improved since those days. My twin brother was able to get the Anakin & Sebulba's Podracers set for Christmas, and it lived up to all our expectations.

... and yet it was also the most painfully out-of-date Ultimate Collectors' Series model.
That and the UCS Tie Interceptor.I love this set, but won't be getting it, since I do have the original still built.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

... and yet it was also the most painfully out-of-date Ultimate Collectors' Series model.
That and the UCS Tie Interceptor.I love this set, but won't be getting it, since I do have the original still built.

True. but the Tie Interceptor is, all things considered, a less important or iconic ship than the X-Wing. Really, if another Tie Fighter UCS is made, I'd prefer it to be the standard Tie Fighter with the six-sided wings.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother