Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Welcome all, to the new Official Mass Effect topic, which has been approved by Than the Moa.You can discuss all things ME here, like the games, comics, novels, soundtracks... Even the upcoming movie (if that's still on). I managed to get a copy of the hardcover version of the Mass Effect: Evolution comic. It's number 239 of the first 500, which got signed by Mac Walters. *squee?*

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'm quite a fan of the games (though I didn't play ME1 'til the summer of '09), but after talking with a lot of people the flaws in them have become more evident (though not to the degree most people make them out to be). Still, I'm hopeful for ME3.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I love this game. I played ME2 last year when my friend let me borrow it, and I fell in love with it. During the down time of Bzpower, I manged to get ME & ME2 both for $40, Totally a great price ^^ I can't wait for next March when ME3 comes out, I still need to Pre-Order that. -- On another note, I hope ME: TM (Mass Effect: The Movie) is a good as the Games and comics, I'll be upset if it isn't. z_signoff.png

I'm pretty interested in trying out the Galaxy at War feature. IMO, Bioware did the right thing by making it completely optional and having it possible to still get the best ending just by playing the single player.

I'm pretty interested in trying out the Galaxy at War feature. IMO, Bioware did the right thing by making it completely optional and having it possible to still get the best ending just by playing the single player.

Agreed! I'm really happy that player can get the same results at the endgame wither way. I'm really interested in the Galaxy at War feature as well, and I'll be playing the single-player campaign in addition, maybe first.

nytronepic2_copy.png

I love the idea that I can tell Garrus to go places, and he'll do it [with Kinect] in ME3. The first decent application of that wonderous Christmas gift from a year ago. "Garrus, fetch me a burrito" I'll say, and he'll respond with "I don't understand, Shephard." It'll be a thing we have.

Edited by Makaru
Fixing my tense.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

So, for anyone who beat ME1/ME2/Both, what are your guys' favorite squadmates, who died in your playthrough, and did you romance anyone?Personally, Wrex, Garrus, Kasumi, Zaed, and Tali are my favorite squadmates. I purposely killed Jacob, Jack, Miranda, and Ashley, because they're all annoying to me or boring(I'm looking at you, Jacob). I would've killed Morinth again, if I hadn't already killed her.Also, no romance. Waiting for Kasumi.

Wrex will always be my favourite squadmate. Grunt is an acceptable replacement, but by no means equal. Everyone (except dudeman from ME1 instead of Ashley) is still alive, and I romanced Ashley because clearly I am a RACIST (not really). I would have romanced Liara if I had known, semicolon,

That she would become the Shadow Broker. True love clearly lies in politics, I guess.

Edited by Makaru

Spoiler Alert

ME1: Went around with Tali and Garrus and killed off Ashley for reasons I'm not even sure of. Kaidan is just cooler I guess. Also Wrex survived. So no romance.ME2: Squadmates were Garrus and Tali (who else?). Jack died because I lost her loyalty (not that I care), romance with Tali.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

During the six month break, I took up the challenge of completing Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. Aside from the Praetorian (Should've remembered to bring the Cain onto the Collector Ship), and the early parts of the game (before upgrading the weapons), having a Level 30 character totally paid off. I 1000/1000 it as well (I lack XBL, so I can't access the DLC, which angers me, but I'll get over it. Eventually.).In my first playthrough (On Normal), I had all crew members survive. On Insanity, however, I pretty much made Jack go into Death's Arms. I'm not sure how bad that'll get me in Mass Effect 3, but no matter what, I will say only two words: Worth it.Also completed Mass Effect 1 on the Hardcore difficulty in a matter of days. I started up an Insanity playthrough (again, having the highest level character really pays off). I lost steam halfway through. But hopefully, before ME3's released, I'll have that completed as well. Not 1000/1000 (I would need a few more playthroughs because of the "Stasis, AI Hacking, etc." achievements), but I'll get that done soon enough.On an fun note, one of my friends from school also plays Mass Effect, regarding it as one of the Best Games ever (or that he's ever played. Either one, really). So that's cool to know.

Soon to come: Star Wars 7.

:0 People who actually know about ME! Whenever I ask my gamer friends at college if they have played Mass Effect, the answer is always a resounding "no". I played as a Soldier maleShep through ME1-ME2 the first go. Let Kaidan die, romanced Miranda. God, I wish Joker could have been a romance option for a femShep. I want to know more about his character! As a femShep, I romanced Garrus. My awesome squadmates are always Garrus and Miranda.

tahusig.jpg

“There is but one coward on earth, and that is the coward that dare not know.” - W.E.B. DuBois

Heck, I have an N7 hoodie. Wore it to a birthday, where a cousin of mine revealed that he's a fan as well. :P Aaaaaanyway. My main's Jiannah Shepard.She's a Guardian Sentinel with Reave as her extra power.Played both games with the best possible outcomes.No one got left behind.In ME1 she dated no one, although she found Ashley pretty charming.In ME2, she dated Garrus. Favorite party members. ME1: Garrus and Liara.ME2: Jack and Kasumi.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Main: Chris Shepard-Paragon Soldier, Geth Shield Boost-ME1: talked down Wrex, left Kaiden with the bomb, spared the Rachni, saved the Council, put Anderson in charge, romanced Ashley-ME2: No one left behind, blew up the Collector Base Fav. Squadmates:-ME1: Tali and Wrex-ME2: Garrus and Zaeed

Hmm, think I'll make a worst possible playthrough through both games. :P

f9Qcky7.png

Hmm, think I'll make a worst possible playthrough through both games. :P

I saw a screenshot of someone who finished ME2 with only Kasumi and Morinth alive. That looks like it'll be interesting. As for me, my main Shepard is a Paragon male who made it through both games with everyone alive and Ashley romanced. My secondary is a paragade female Shepard who, since she started in ME2, has Wrex, Kaidan, and the Council dead but everyone else alive. I tried to play Renegade with her, but some of the things (like the final choice) I just couldn't go Renegade on. Wound up with Garrus, because Jacob and Thane were slightly creepy (though Shepard's... rather forward advance to Garrus wasn't exactly normal.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Augh, I'm so conflicted. Here's the deal: I was eventually gonna get Battlefield 3 when the price went down because I like the game, but I don't need it. I like Halo as a multiplayer game much more. But then they had to go and announce that there's some sort of code or something for a mass effect 3 single/multiplayer demo in it for January. I think I need this game now. Should I buy it now? Do I have to pre-order, or will it just come in every copy of a new game? I need answers fast because there's not much time left to pre-order. ~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

Well, whenever the multiplayer does go live, we should all tackle a few missions together. Dibs on the Turian infiltrator.

Mass Effect 1 is a bit rough around the edges, but the setting, story, and characters make up for it in my opinion. Mass Effect 2's gameplay is stronger, but the overall story takes a hit. They're still both worth a playthrough. And your sig reminds me I need to play through The Witcher 2 when I'm on break this year. I bought it a while back but was off to uni again before I had a chance to really sink my teeth into it.

Mass Effect 1 is a bit rough around the edges, but the setting, story, and characters make up for it in my opinion. Mass Effect 2's gameplay is stronger, but the overall story takes a hit. They're still both worth a playthrough. And your sig reminds me I need to play through The Witcher 2 when I'm on break this year. I bought it a while back but was off to uni again before I had a chance to really sink my teeth into it.

I agree. Mass Effect 1 has the best story overall, but it lacks just a bit in combat, inventory management, and it gets really repetitive in planet exploration. Mass Effect 2 had far better combat, but a weaker story. However, the plot twists were awesome! The Collectors as the story enemies, in my opinion, were incredible compared to the Geth in the last game.

nytronepic2_copy.png

*Incoming Transmission* In Mass Effect 1 I was a Paragon Male Shepard and, as far as I know, I got the best possible ending. I also romanced Ashley and left Kaidan to die. In Mass Effect 2, I ported my character over, accidentally chose a different class, but played pretty much the same. I was a Paragon guy, though every once in a while I was tempted by the Renegade options. I romanced Tali, because she's awesome. And Miranda kind of got on my nerves. Oh, and nobody died (though I cheated to do that; I didn't want anyone to die so I skimmed a walkthrough to know the best choices). I think the two games' strengths and weaknesses kind of cancel each other out (in a good way), so I don't really have a favorite. As for favorite teammates, I'm not sure. In the first game I usually stuck with Ashley and Tali, but toward the end of the game I found myself using other characters in order to give my team a wider range of abilities. In Mass Effect 2 I usually had Tali and Thane or Garrus with me. As far as the actual character themselves, in Mass Effect 1 I thought Tali and Garrus were the best. Kaidan was also interesting, though I am unsure if that is because I just really like the voice actor who played him. In Mass Effect 2, Tali, Garrus, and Thane were my favorites, but Legion was pretty close because he was quite intriguing. My least favorite was, by far, Jack. Ugh. She really annoyed me. *End Transmission*

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

How is there absolutely NO Mordin love in this thread? It's almost criminal.

I quit, loaded from a much earlier checkpoint (before going through the Omega Relay) to re-chose my squad to keep him alive. His "not now" quotes are the -best-.

Spoiler Alert