Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Platinum sounds pretty crazy from what I've heard. Multiple enemy factions appear in one round, and major enemies appear from the beginning.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

You mean increasing max amount you can carry into missions? It's a drop in crates.
Do you know if it is a common, uncommon, rare, or ultra-rare? I really want those upgrades, so I'm wondering if its better to spend my average 120,000 credit daily income on a Premium Spectre Pack and Jumbo Equipment or maybe try getting two Spectre packs instead, or some other combination.EDIT: And does anybody know if Bioware nerfed the geth infiltrator melee build? and made the female quarian engineer not suck? Edited by Derpman!

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

The grenade capacity upgrade is a rare drop (gold border). I got one in a Spectre Pack over the weekend, so buy those or Premium Spectre Packs.As for the Geth and Quarian, I don't have a Geth character, so I wouldn't know. The female Quarian Engineer is best against Reaper forces, since most of them only have armor and her abilities are great against them (Incinerate and Cryo Blast). Plus, Cryo Blast can snap-freeze (or at least slow down) most enemies that don't have barriers or shields and most Reaper classes can't dodge very well, so you're almost always going to hit anything that's not a Marauder or a charging Banshee. They're very effective if paired up with a character with Overload.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got N7 Paladin Secondary colors in my Victory pack.The Paladin was the only N7 character I had.I don't even.On the bright side, I got the Piranha earlier! It's okay, it's certainly good, but it definitely doesn't warrant the cries of OP I've been seeing, I mean, seriously, the spread covers basically the entire screen.I also found that the Revenant is actually really good on my Krogan Sentinel, using it with maxed out Stability damper and piercing moderator it has essentially no recoil.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not particularly, in all honesty. I have a problem with paid story DLC usually, and since ME3 isn't on Steam, I have an ever bigger problem with it. Especially because Bioware DLC never goes on sale.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Anyone got Leviathan yet? Is it any good?- Tilius
I did. I actually found it to be quite good. I liked it more than arrival, but not more than the shadow broker. For me it was about tied with overlord, maybe a bit below it. It had a lot of stuff that was not just running around shooting stuff which I really appreciated.If you're a fan of the lore, I would recommend getting it. Not to mention the dominate power makes a return and you can have a live husk head in your cabin.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Just popping in to say I haven't quite beat Leviathan yet, but it's blowing my mind just a little bit.Also, wow. Adept is once again the most powerful class, after having become only usable on Veteran in ME2. Enemies I was struggling with on my Engineer Insanity run go down before me with ease (still playing on Insanity). Seriously, just detonate a Ravager or Brute twice and they die.I'm also appreciating how much Steve and EDI are in the DLC, as EDI is my favorite character and Steve is who is being romanced by my current Shep. :P

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa. Big patch coming up. They said hopefully this Thursday, but no promises. Lots of stuff for multiplayer, but also some single player stuff.Issues Fixed:

• Fixed tutorial tip that didn't properly display an unbound command
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer where if a character has DLC weapons equipped, and the DLC associated to the weapons is deleted, the weapon loadout screen displayed no weapons
  • Sabotage power evolution 6 increased tech damage bonus no longer stacks
  • Fixed a rare crash in the final mission level involving the firing of the Cain at the Hades Cannon.
  • Fixed the Encumbrance Bar from not updating correctly for the Earth DLC weapon mods
  • Fixed weapons with natural piercing from having their damage reduced with piercing mods equipped
  • Incinerate power evolution 5 now gives a damage bonus to frozen and chilled enemies
  • Krogan Vanguard Rage bonuses now work properly
  • Fixed Shepard's shadow from not appearing after entering and exiting an Atlas
  • Fixed quitting/disconnecting while holding Retrieve Object that could cause the Retrieve Object to disappear
  • Fixed users logging off or disconnecting during gameplay from not being able to return online until rebooting the game
  • Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover
  • Fixed issue in which enemies surviving a detonated Stasis blast became invulnerable
  • Attempting to equip similar weapon mods will now present a 'Slot Occupied' message
  • Asari Justicar passive power evolution 3 power damage and force bonus now works properly
  • Disruptor Rounds consumable (all ranks) damage multiplier against shields and barriers increased from 100% to 400%
  • Particle Rifle no longer replenishes ammo from ammo boxes and supply pylons
  • Fixed an issue when using Biotic Charge before death that caused the match to be unplayable afterwards
  • Fixed pathing for Banshees so they don't get stuck in a teleport routine
  • Fixed Asari Justicar from not being able to activate Biotic Sphere within range of large enemies
  • Fixed dropping Retrieve Objects that could potentially fall under the level
  • All Batarian and Krogan kits will now stagger less than other kits
  • Ops Survival Packs now grant a one second damage immunity when consumed
  • Singularity power re-designed: Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out

Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularityBase cooldown changed to 8 secondsBase duration of the singularity changed to 8 secondsBase power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularityBase power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes

• Fixed an issue with the Banshee being able to sync-kill players farther than she should be able to
  • Fixed an issue with Firebase Jade giving partial extractions when all players are already inside the extraction zone
  • Fixed SMG Ultralight Materials moderator not having impact on power recharge speed
  • Fixed Armor Piercing Ammo not applying penetration bonus to secondary weapon
  • Fixed player death camera beginning before a sync kill is complete
  • Fixed an issue with talent points remaining after a character promotion
  • Melee creatures will now completely ignore pets (drones, decoys, etc.) rather than just having a chance to ignore them
  • Fixed an issue with Private Lobbies not staying private after the match has begun
  • Krysae no longer ignores enemy shield gates
  • Fixed various weapon sound-replications for clients
  • Concussive Shot changes: Evolution 3 damage and force bonus now applies to frozen and chilled targets

Evolution 5 changed to increase damage by 50% and radius by 1 meter (used to take on the properties of your ammo power, but this did not work)Evolution 6 damage bonus to organics increased from 100% to 200% over 10 seconds

• Fixed issue where enemies in Stasis surviving a biotic detonation would become un-synchronized for clients
  • Fixed Leviathan DLC Weapon Mods not carrying over to New Game +
  • Marksman will instantly reload weapon ammunition when activated
  • N7 Shadow Sword Mastery power evolution 5 and 6 now apply to Shadow Strike damage
  • Fixed Atlas rocket applying damage over time on N7 Paladins using the Omni-Shield
  • Fixed automatic revive at a specific spot in Firebase White
  • Fixed an issue with ammo boxes causing players to be unable to fire weapons after attempting to refill grenades
  • Fixed an issue with the Krysae Sniper rifle not functioning properly on squad members (Firefight pack)
  • Fixed the health bar position of Tactical Scan on Swarmers
  • Fixed an issue with enemies approaching a downed player to execute, but showing mercy and leaving
  • Fixed seeking projectile powers occasionally failing to impact targets even though it appeared to impact
  • Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Retrieve Objective wave to not recognize the recovery of the object when it enters the retrieve zone
  • Fixed bleedout effect that was disappearing when another player used an Ops Survival Pack
  • Fixed Decoy that was blocking the use of ladders to NPCs and squadmates
  • Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
  • Fixed icons of powers disappearing from the Character Screen
  • Fixed an issue with Ken/Gabby and Tali/Garrus ambient dialogues not triggering in Normandy engineering
  • Fixed an issue in which purchasing multiplayer card pack purchases would not complete

Exploits Fixed:

• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to be invincible and invisible to enemies
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use rockets from other weapons

PS3 Only:

• Fixed an issue on PS3 where after accepting an invite, a player could get stuck in a multiplayer screen by entering the store from the promo screen and then exiting without purchase
  • Fixed a crash when pressing PS button during the game's boot sequence

PC Only:

• Fixed the hint popup to update mouse left click and right click bindings
  • Fixed an issue that made Origin users display their game as joinable when their game is full
  • Fixed a crash on Firebase Rio caused by heavy melee

Xbox Only

• Fixed a rare crash (black screen) on Xbox 360: Upon booting up the game and attempting to reach the title screen, players will now be able to get to title screen to recover their save games"

Also, something they just added today where cannibals can now kill you while you're down by vomiting on you.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Huge update indeed.And ewww, vomiting cannibals. =p.The next Operation looks to be easy though.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Aaaand new multiplayer DLC called retaliation. If you want to look into it, go onto Bioware's blog. To sum it up: New collector faction, new turian soldier and infiltrator (with a sweet jetpack), based on the trailer it seems we might be able to change powers for some classes (we saw what seemed to be a krogan vanguard use pull and/or shockwave and more), 3 new collector weapons, (technically 2 since the assault rifle is already in the game, but the submachine gun and sniper are new) and there's a new challenge system. Example: Get 140000 points accumulated with the typhoon and get 10 challenge points. Use challenge points to buy banners and titles for other players to see in lobbies (think call of duty).Also, stuff added in the patch today as well. if 3/4 players vote to start, the match will start in 20 seconds. Also, when you promote a character, their name and appearance are not reset, and their 1 point is not assigned.I am super excited for this. October 9th cannot come soon enough. Praetorians are not going to be fun.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

waitwaitwait. Retaliation drops the ninth?Dude, Bioware. You're getting me kinda interested in reinstalling ME3, but then you decide to put out the new FreeLC on the day Dishonored shows up.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

They've been really, really good with multiplayer content. I'll probably get playing again then. Might even bite the bullet on Leviathan.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I want to see the Collector class retconned into campaign so badly.
Smart money's on them being the enemy in the Omega DLC they've got planned. Especially since they got Harbinger's VA back for that trailer - I doubt they'd do that just for a trailer for a free multiplayer expansion.

Files extracted from today's patch seem to indicate these classes are incoming:Turian Havoc (Soldier)Turian Saboteur (Vanguard)Turian Ghost (Infiltrator)Asari Valkyrie (???)Asari Huntress (maybe a Soldier?)Drell Assassin (probably an Infiltrator...)Geth Trooper (likely Soldier)Krogan Shaman (probably the Krogan [Adept] we saw in the new trailer using Shockwave)Batarian Brawler (Vanguard?)Batarian Slasher (haven't the foggiest)Vorcha Hunter (makes me think it could be a Vanguard or an Infiltrator. Vorcha with Tactical Cloak would be hilarious.)And most importantly...Volus EngineerVolus Mercenary (Soldier?)Volus Protector (Sentinel?)Volus Adept

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I almost thought the volus thing was just a joke Bioware put in to throw off dataminers.But it's for real.all of my confusionsIt's odd that there will be an odd number of characters for each class.Edit: I'm going to guess the volus will have monstrous shields and puny health, and lack the ability to dodge.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I almost thought the volus thing was just a joke Bioware put in to throw off dataminers.But it's for real.all of my confusionsIt's odd that there will be an odd number of characters for each class.Edit: I'm going to guess the volus will have monstrous shields and puny health, and lack the ability to dodge.
I'm hoping their dodge has them tuck their arms and legs up close to their body and roll between cover.Also, they'll probably have puny weight capacity.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I am a great wind that will sweep all before me like a... a great wind! A great biotic wind!

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well Leviathan was kind of bad. The combat felt like padding most of the time, none of the characters really made an impact, and I think this might be the only main mission where succes retroactively leaves the galaxy in a worse place than if you had left things alone. I'm with Javik on this one.Still, the Leviathan design was good, the new codex stuff (planets!) made me happy, it was pretty, and it had some pretty good atmosphere in places.Oh, Biotic Volus and Collecters might get me to play multiplayer again.

Edited by Bio D
doctor-who-premier.jpg

It's up on Live now, but not on PSN or Origin. Volus are apparently ultra-rares....And also amazingly adorable:2012_10_9_10_19_51.jpg2012_10_9_10_23_31.jpgLook at his little crate. And he can't even get up to the stat screen! What a little trooper.

Edited by GSR