Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Apparently, there was a leak regarding the next multiplayer DLC, which is looking set to include

mostly Earth-themed stuff. The maps are apparently going to be set in Vancouver, London, and Rio. Three new weapons will be the Pirahna assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. The new classes will all be Human: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury.

Keep in mind that these are still rumors and subject to change.

Why would they change the names of the classes? And don't we have enough humans?I bought a veteran pack and a premier spectre pack to round out today so far. Snagged both a grenade bonus and a shield bonus for my gear slot, and also a geth plasma smg and the REVENANT (<3)

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Swag, got the N7 Valiant sniper rifle and the Vorcha Sentinel in my victory pack.Still no Rebellion pack guns for me, although my Widow is now Mk X.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Swag, got the N7 Valiant sniper rifle and the Vorcha Sentinel in my victory pack.Still no Rebellion pack guns for me, although my Widow is now Mk X.
Funny, I got the Vorcha Sentinel and N7 Eagle in my victory pack, then the valiant in my commendation.It's like Bioware is saying something! Or the random number gods are fond of coincidence!OR BOTH!

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So the Extended Cut is out on the 26th. To see it, you'll have to replay from

just before the final assault on Cerberus HQ

onwards.I suppose I ought to get my Galactic Readiness back up as well.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Cautiously optimistic, as far as possible.Will delve deep into pessimism if BioWare decides to add

the indoctrination theory (which I'm definitely not a fan of)

after all.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I've been playing the game for a second time through on insanity; And I have quite enjoyed the challenge.I've made some different choices this time through, and although it doesnt affect much right now, it's nice to have the differences there. Right now I am up to the point of where they said the extended cut will work from, so instead of continuing on I will just wait until the DLC is out in two days so I dont immediately have to replay the campaign a 3rd time.Few suggestions I have for you guys(and I'll spoiler tag all of this)

Firstly, the weapons. I wouldnt recommend carrying an SMG at all, it's not needed. In terms of shotguns, I think the geth plasma shotgun is an obvious choice. It is really the only thing that will save your bottom when it comes to fighting banshees(And yes, they are HARD. One hit of their warp and you will be shieldless, and your health will be going down fast) and also phantoms. For pistols, some people like the arc pistol during geth fights, but for the entire campaign I've stuck with the scorpion pistol. It's very effective when you have decent damage attachment and upgraded clip. Good for getting those annoying enemies out of cover, and it finished enemies quickly so you can duck back into cover; something that is hard to achieve with an assault rifle. Speaking of assault rifles, my choice may be surprising to you; The geth pulse rifle. It's best against geth, but the huge clip size and excellent accuracy is the key points that make it very effective. Though admittedly, this will be your least used weapon. Finally, the gun that is MANDATORY. The widow. If you do not have a widow, you are going to have a bad time. This thing is absolutly amazing; I have mastered quick scoping out of cover and getting headshots. That is the tactic. Headshots. Even those pesky rocket geth and such will fall to it. I wouldnt recommend using the javelin; I have the javelin X and widow X for campaign, and the widow is far superior.As a general note about weapons, insanity has a nice bonus that when you pick up a gun, it upgrades 3 times. So if you didnt pick up a javelin your first time through, you will pick it up and it'll automatically go to 3. If you have a gun from your first play-through at 5, itll go to 8 when you pick it up again. Oh and yes, do insanity on your second playthrough or with an ME2 import so that you can get your guns up to X, it helps a lot.Next is the squad you choose. The one character you want to keep throughout EVERY SINGLE mission is garrus, and make sure he is equipped with the widow, and eventually while dong side things for characters he can get armor piercing rounds which help. Now as your second character, this may vary. Some people will use javik, some will use liara. I used edi for almost all of the missions, and when I didnt have her I used tali(though tali died in my play through so) If you use edi/tali, make sure they have the scorpion equipped. They are great with this, and they have have saved me many times during the missions.Of course make sure you are doing every single sidething you can. Even small things like getting upgrades for shields and weapons and health from glyph can help immensely.In terms of some specific parts or enemies...-Geth primes: Always tackle them by going into cover and waiting for them to pause after their bout of shots. Use geth plasma shotgun. Charge first shot, then empty the clip.-banshees: Always be running away from them, but stay to an area where you can get into cover for when they warp. if they hit you with warp, immediately use medigel. Once their barrier is gone, hit them fast; The barriers come back very quickly.-Phantoms: Same tactic as banshees, mainly using the shotgun and staying far back from them-Harvesters: Shotgun and widow, but always stay far back, for they can shoot like crazy-Brutes: Plasma shotgun as usual, though if you chose to use a widow, garrus can assist with that and they go down pretty fast.

On my Vanguard Insanity run, I ultimately wound up rocking nothing but a Geth Shotgun upgraded all the way with some nice modifications. It's just that versatile, and the extra cooldown lets you do some crazy stuff.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Speaking of Vanguards, I took my Krogan Vanguard for a run yesterday to complete the squad challenge. Ended up on a team of three Krogan Sentinles and spent about half an hour dominating Cerberus troopers. Highlights include beating an Atlas to death and chasing a Nemesis around the map for about five minutes.

I have a question for anybody who has played the Extended Cut and made the relevant decision, as I am a PS3 player and have only watched a few videos on the DLC.

Is it possible to win if you select the refusal option? All I have seen is the option where the cycle is completed.I feel like the way the game should have ended with the refusal option as the only choice, if Bioware insists with sticking with the deux ex machina abomination that is the Crucible. Instead of the three space magic choices, the God-Child (who should have manifested in a different form, imo, if they insist on including him)instead tells you that the cycle will continue, and that the Crucible was a trap to lure the armed forces of the galaxy to one spot_ instead of giving the responsibility of to doing with the galaxy for inexplicable reasons. (I also like the dark energy expansion ending, but that's another discussion) So from there, in typical Shepard fashion, you tell the God-Child that you gathered the strength of the galaxy and you know that you can beat the Reapers. So from there, you sit back and watch the battle unfold. If your war assets were too low, the galaxy is harvested and the cycle continues. The middle ground should bring a victory with heavy sacrifices, and the extent of the losses depends on your war assets. From Commander Shepard herself, Garrus, the other crew members, a significant portion of the fleets and ground forces, these are all losses that would have weight in such a context. The better the war assets, the better you lose, similar to how you could save your entire crew in ME2 if you made the right choices and did everything that was required beforehand. If ME3 gave you similar choices in how you attack Harbinger and subsequently the other Reapers would have given some of the most powerful and inhuman antagonists within a fictional medium proper justice, instead of hitting a button, you win. Imagine a scenario where Reapers zerg the Crucible, and your actions and war assets decide whether or not Commander Shepard survives. Finally, with a perfect war asset, you suffer minimal losses, Commander Shepard lives guaranteed, as well as your crew and a majority of the united fleets. From there, you get to see your choices did on the galaxy, similar to what they did with the extended cut with the expansion. Then I would have been happy, even if I would preferred that the campaign of ME3 played out in a radically different way, with a few exceptions.All in all, the extended cut proved to me that Bioware came stupidly close to a good ending, but ultimately failed. At least they elevated it from being horrible to somewhere between bad and halfway decent. If it turns out that you can win if you refuse to make a choice, then I would personally try to forget that you had to option to pick your favorite explosion and except that as the only canon ending, but as it seems, the refusal option was only there to appease some of the fans' request for such an option with the least amount of effort or change to the ending they envisioned.

Edited by Derpman!

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

moar extended cut dlc spoilers following

also, why did they keep the breath clip in the destroy ending? To quote the glorious Plinkett, "that don't make no sense." I always considered that clip to be the biggest piece of evidence to the indoctrination theory, as that theory is the only thing that explains that clip. What, are we supposed that Shepard fell through the atmosphere and survived? Why is this only possible if you pick the ending where the God-Child tells you'll die? So to add to his completely paradoxical logic, he's a liar too? It only makes sense if you assume the clip is your Shepard waking up from being hit with Harbinger's beam of death, and the reason that the destroy ending is the soul means to survival is because it is the only one that allows Shepard to resist the indoctrination. So by not confirming exactly why the breath clip is included at all, Bioware basically proves the indoctrination, even though every other single aspect of the Extended Cut basically contradicts that theory. Why? Why, Bioware?

Edited by Derpman!

Played through the Control ending again, expecting to see the new scenes....Turns out, the EC wasn't installed yet. -.-

Once again, I hope they don't do all that indoctrination stuff. That would ruin the endings even more for me, tbqh.

f9Qcky7.png

The new ending left me satisfied. I still don't like it, but I guess I understand it. I'm just glad they gave more explanation to the god child and closure.Also, started up my save of MUFASA Shepard to see if I could just restart the last mission where you fight Marauder shields and the 3 husketeers, since I've played multiplayer too much and my Galactic readiness is way too high. I did this because the game stops counting new or lost war assets after the cerberus base, and on this old save, I had below 1500.Anyway, because of my awful Shepard, I got to hear what I think is the most hilarious line of the godchild.

First off, these first two things he says anyway, regardless if you have the new content. Instead of saying "wake up", he asks "Why are you here?", and when he tells you "you have choice, more than you know", instead he says "you have choice, more than you deserve".And now for what I thought was hilarious. I'm not sure if it was for low EMS or just what he now says if you question him about the control ending, but still, considering who he was talking to, it was pretty funny."I don't look forward to being replaced by you, but I have no choice."

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Played and chose Control.It's exactly what I hoped it would be. <3

No indoctrination at all. Instead, the ascended Shepard is using the Reapers to help rebuild the mass relays and Citadel and repair the damage caused by the war.Nicely capped off by the promise that Shepard would protect everyone.

f9Qcky7.png

I watched all the endings.

I am now satisfied. While Synthesis is obviously best for the galaxy, what with enlightenment and all, I like Control the best, because it leaves more room for personal, relatable stories in a post ME3 series. I guess you could say the same of Destroy, but I refuse to acknowledge a Mass Effect without Geth, my favorite species, and EDI, my favorite character.

So now that we know how the series actually ends, someone should make a TBRPG.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Looked up the endings, they're better, but not tolerable. Ah well. I think I can still hock the games for a decent amount of money. Wish I hadn't bought the DLC, but eh, live and learn right?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

• 2 weeks later...
moar extended cut dlc spoilers following

also, why did they keep the breath clip in the destroy ending? To quote the glorious Plinkett, "that don't make no sense." I always considered that clip to be the biggest piece of evidence to the indoctrination theory, as that theory is the only thing that explains that clip. What, are we supposed that Shepard fell through the atmosphere and survived? Why is this only possible if you pick the ending where the God-Child tells you'll die? So to add to his completely paradoxical logic, he's a liar too? It only makes sense if you assume the clip is your Shepard waking up from being hit with Harbinger's beam of death, and the reason that the destroy ending is the soul means to survival is because it is the only one that allows Shepard to resist the indoctrination. So by not confirming exactly why the breath clip is included at all, Bioware basically proves the indoctrination, even though every other single aspect of the Extended Cut basically contradicts that theory. Why? Why, Bioware?

One question though,

why is the Shepard being alive clip somehow perceived as proof for the indoctrination theory?Couldn't it just be that Shepard simply survived re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere on a very thick piece of Crucible (or Citadel) hull plating (like Master Chief's re-entry on Halo 3? (Granted, he had full armor, but still...))? That's what it has always meant to me, lol. Nothing more, nothing less.There are other things about the IT that don't make sense to me, btw.

Anyway!Who is everyone's favorite background character?Mine's Matriarch Aethyta, the Asari-Krogan bartender on Illium on ME2 and the Citadel in ME3

and father of Liara.

She's just hilarious. :P

f9Qcky7.png

I honestly have to say Conrad Verner. I feel kinda bad that I immediately suspected that from the "autograph" conversation in ME1 that he was going to try to steal my identity, only to be proven that he was going to do exactly just that in ME2, but in a three-legged pathetic puppy kind of way.And then that scene in ME3 where you get him as a war asset is just so blindsiding, you have no where to go but "Huh."

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I liked his crowning moment of awesome in 3.

f9Qcky7.png

I honestly have to say Conrad Verner. I feel kinda bad that I immediately suspected that from the "autograph" conversation in ME1 that he was going to try to steal my identity, only to be proven that he was going to do exactly just that in ME2, but in a three-legged pathetic puppy kind of way.And then that scene in ME3 where you get him as a war asset is just so blindsiding, you have no where to go but "Huh."
The most absurdly complicated sidequest in the game, really. And that's why I love it.I went to "Huh," then on to hysterical laughter because it required so much of you to complete it.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

That Conrad Verner moment was easily one of the best sidequests in any of the 3 games.Also, that return to Earth free multiplayer DLC is true, and it's coming out next week. Also, the prothean particle rifle is now available as an ultra rare gun in multiplayer.Lastly, this week's challenge "Operation Broadside". Details:Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficultyAllied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficultySpecial Circumstance: NoneSquad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation PackAllied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.EDIT: Wow, found a bunch of new information. Here's pictures and descriptions of all the new classes, and the guns.N7 Fury (adept/Kasumi clone): Throw, Annihilation Field, Dark ChannelFury operatives use implants to fuel biotics and their incredible movement speed. These operatives wind an unpredictable path on the battlefield, moving in and out of combat before returning to unleash a sweeping biotic attack on their unsuspecting targets.N7 Destroyer (soldier (awesome terminus armor)): Multi-Frag Grenade, Missile Launcher, Devastator ModeThe Destroyer's T5-V Battlesuit gives these strong-but-slow soldiers mech-like protection. Driven by eezo-assisted actuators, these frontline troopers carry heavy weapons onto the battlefield.N7 Demolisher (engineer): Homing Grenade, Arc Grenade, Supply PylonThe Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal reloads.N7 Paladin (sentinel (not a huge fan of the inferno armor, but whatever)): Snap Freeze, Incinerate, Energy DrainThe Paladin carries a powerful omni-shield onto the battlefield to block enemy fire. The Paladin also uses the shield as a heavy-melee weapon that, when modified with incindiery or cryo upgrades, creates a devastating combination attack.N7 Shadow (infiltrator/ex-phantom): Tactical Cloak, Shadow Strike, Electric SlashShadow infiltrators use implants to dramatically improve agility, making them slippery combatants on the battlefield. Their monomolecular blades are a menace from cover and close range.N7 Slayer (vanguard/Kai Leng?): Phase Disruptor, Biotic Charge, Biotic SlashSlayers use implants to dramatically improve mobility. Their dizzying sword attacks can hit multiple opponents, and the Slayer's ability to slip fire makes them hard to pin down on the battielfield.And here's the guns: Gun 1Gun 2Gun 3 (pistol)Also, there's a platinum difficulty now.~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

So, some single player DLC coming soon. Honestly I can't decide if I can muster a care. We'll see.Also I find the Shepard breathing thing at the end of the Destroy ending to be a bit disturbing. Is it weird that it bothers me? I just think it's ridiculous that it suggests he could survive reentry. Also, in that ending EDI is dead. D:

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

It's an amusing idea, actually. If Shep can survive reentry in Earth's atmosphere, what was in Alchera's atmosphere that made it kill them?E: Oh my lord, this new pack looks beautiful.

Edited by Sovreign-Class Xaeraz

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I am now excited for the new MP pack!Cool classes and I really like that Asari pistol!

f9Qcky7.png

FOR ANYONE WANTING TO BEAT REAPERS ON GOLDI have beaten reapers on gold on Firebase white countless times, I did it roughly 10-15 times last night already with my team. However I am willing to help anyone who requires assistance. Our basic strategy is to camp in the back of the room. However, you will NOT waste ammo or equipment. Basically, here is our strategy:Three people sit behind the barrier that looks down the hallway. One person sits behind the barrier to the left. That person is one of my friends who had a particle rifle(we all have it, but for my role I do not use it) He sits and uses it against enemies with armor.I play as a justicar. I place down a bubble in front of the barrier. Anything in that bubble gets destroyed by biotic explosions. The other two people nexto me play as Phoenix adepts or human male adepts. It's essentially biotic explosion cluster, but barely anyone ever goes down, and all you have to use is your powers. Objective rounds can get annoying, but we manage. Banshees are NOT a problem. Since three people are behind one barrier, the banshess 98% of the time target us. The thing is, they CANNOT get past that barrier, they just sit there while we explode them and it works very well.I promise you this works, we used to do white on geth until we realized this is actually BETTER and easier. last night every game ran a time of 26-28 minutes. If you want help with this, send me a friend request, my gamertag is Toxic White. Send me a message saying "help with reapers gold" And I'll queue you for a game with us, you will get your pack, I can assure you that.

Hey, I was wondering how do you get more then 2 supply bonuses (medi-gel, missile launchers, ammo packs, op packages) in co-op. I know you can get five, even in Silver, which strikes me as slightly overpowered, but handy. Do you need a certain amount of each type in stock? If so, how many?