Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

It does look pretty fun; hopefully I can get some good matches going when ME3 comes out. It'll be interesting to see exactly how they implement multiplayer results into singleplayer as well.Also, The Art of Mass Effect showed off two new ME3 squadmates. However, their identities are serious spoilers (though the latter is apparently DLC, so s/he'll get announced sooner or later most likely), so don't look if you don't want to know. To be honest, I can't say I'm a fan of their designs, for reasons in the spoiler tags.

Squadmate one: EDI in a new body.http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001.jpgI really don't see why EDI "needed" to be sexy.

Squadmate two: A prothean.http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/TheProthean.jpgConcept art: http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/chassan1/scan0001-1.jpgI was under the impression the Protheans looked significantly different from the Collectors, but... apparently not?

Also, the MP trailer had a super-brief shot of squaddie number two above; they're on the left here. If you can identify them from this shot of their arm/shoulder/half of the back of the head alone, you are amazing and possibly psychic. But since I really doubt you can, take this as a tease.beznaslova178.jpg

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

/)(^3^)(\So awesome!I really want to know what the species bonuses are. I heard a rumor that the drell can... jump far. Which is kind of weird but okay?Edit: okay didn't see GSR's post.

I like EDI's hair. But you're right, she's a bit oversexified. But I guess that's kind of Mass Effect's thing.I had heard the rumor about the Prothean before, but I thought it was rubbish... now I see that it is real and awesome. I remembered seeing people say it was connected to the Collector's Edition (and I thought they hadn't a reason to call it that this time :P), so yay, I'm glad I managed to pre order it on 360 before it finished selling out at all GameStop's everywhere.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Ya, I saw the video. Even more stoked than I was before.I hope you can customize your powers as well. I originally wanted to be a turian infiltrator, but they don't have that (I don't care if you can be a turian sentinel with the widow, it's just not the same), so instead I was planning on being a quarian infiltrator, but I'm not sure if they're gonna have male quarians which is a really big downer for me since I want to be like Kal'Reegar, so because of this I'll probably end up being a salarian since playing on Virmire again made me remember how cool they are.Also, "The art of mass effect" has been leaked online and reportedly has some big spoilers in it, so I wouldn't recommend looking for it. I did, however, manage to obtain the designs of the N7 Edition DLC Character and spoiler character.SQUADMATE SPOILERS:

N7 edition dlc character/day one dlcMore designsSPOILER CHARACTERIt's not a HUGE spoiler, but if you want to find out who it is by yourself, I would recommend not clicking.

And remember guys, even though these aren't story spoilers, please talk about them in spoilers. EDIT: How did I not notice somebody had already posted this T_T~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

Okay, I really like those spoilered squadmates:

EDI was unexpected.Heard about the Prothean, but wasn't very stoked. Now that we have a visual, however...

Bring on ME3!

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'm right there with ya Haz. I can't stand this look. I wish they had gone with something similar to the top right design but with a different lower body. Unfortunately, based on the small paragraph, it seems all they wanted to do was make her sexy. I realize they didn't want to make her look like an average mech, but the only reason I can think of that EDI would want this is to screw with Joker.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Well, if you read, EDI's body was once an infiltration unit disguised as a human, so it makes sense that they'd try and make it hot; boobs open doors.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Well, if you read, EDI's body was once an infiltration unit disguised as a human, so it makes sense that they'd try and make it hot; boobs open doors.

Exactly. I have faith they will adequately explain how she gets the body in the game. I would not be satisfied if the game opened and they were like, "Look guys, we upgraded the Normandy and repainted it. Also EDI has a body lol?"I like the idea of holographic eyes, a pity they scrapped it.You know, I like the way the hair looks, but I don't understand how it makes sense on her because she'd probably have skin and a wig if she were... normally functional as an infiltration unit.

Edit: Blargh, I wonder who I should import first. My Femshep who romanced Kaidan (Engineer), or my Manshep that romanced Tali (Vanguard). If you can't change faces at the start of your game (please don't do that to us, Bioware -also, give us the ability to view our Shep 360 while making him/her?) then definitely I'll import my Femshep, because while she isn't exactly a looker, my Manshep is hideous.Well I guess I could import my Manshep Sentenel x Miranda (why did I do that? She's boring...) or my second Manshep Vanguard x Jack, but while both of them look fine, I'm less interested in Miranda and Jack than Tali and Kaidan...Heh, all my characters made pretty much the same moral decisions. I guess I just enjoy being overall Paragon more... I did make use of most of the Renegade interrupts, because I have no problems fighting dirty - I just don't like being mean to other good guys. My Vanguard x Jack was more unique than the others, in that I recruited Morinth and killed Sidonis. Morinth is pretty evil, but I don't see her as much worse than her mother...Edit2: What classes have you played as and which are your favorites?ME1: Soldier, Engineerx2, AdeptFavorite: Eh, probably Adept. They're just so powerful. Being and Engineer was a lot of fun too, they could just make life miserable for your enemies, but weren't so good at outright killing them. I liked having a team of EngineerShep, Kaidan and Liara. That was the best.ME2: Started Soldier and was bored/quit, Sentinel, Vanguardx2, EngineerEngineer an outstanding favorite here. As fun as Charge is, Vanguard isn't as good on the higher difficulties (I normally play Hardcore or Insanity). Playing a Sentinel was just too easy, with the Tech Armor. Engineer's were a perfect balance of fun and challenge. The Tech Drone power sucks on your team mates with a thirty second cooldown, but on Shep it's just three seconds so it's one of the best powers in the game.Edit3: lol more editsInteresting note on the Multiplayer front, haven't seen anyone else talking about it.Different species (and possibly genders, in the case of humans) get different powers, even playing as the same class.For example, a human male infiltrator gets Sticky Grenade, Cryo Blast and Tactical Cloak, while the salarian Infiltrator gets Energy Drain, Proximity Mine and Tactical Cloak.This information comes from the limited demo from a while back and the new multiplayer trailer.The only other two sets revealed are:Human male Sentinel: Warp, Throw, Tech ArmorTurian Sentinel: Warp, Overload, Tech ArmorHuman male Vanguard: Pull, Shockwave, Biotic ChargeDrell Vanguard: Pull, Cluster Grenade, Biotic Charge

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I'm almost positive that we'll be able to customize our powers a bit. I've seen drell vanguards using nova, heck, in the trailer they even used nova, just not in their segment.And so far, I've only had 2 playthroughs for ME1 (3 if you can't before my xbox got stolen), vanguard and infiltrator. I like infiltrator better of the two. I'm starting a soldier on insanity right now for 3 achievements (insanity, doing missions with Ashley, and 150 kills with the assault rifle).For ME2 I've played only my vanguard and infiltrator, but infiltrator is by far my favorite. While the vanguard charge is very fun, being an infiltrator and one shotting enemies while invisible with the widow is just too much fun.I play mostly on veteran just because I like to have fun, but not to have enemies be a complete pushover.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Yes, after a bit more snooping I have found some other evidence that we'll be able to choose our own powers. This is a very good thing. I wonder what will differentiate the species, then? Beyond the special movements they have, I mean. Which seem to be:Drell: Something called "ninja jump" (?)Human: RollAsari: Biotic dodge (looks very cool)Krogan: Charge-I watched my brother playing Infiltrator, didn't interest me much because I prefer killing stuff with powers over guns.What's this Nova power do? I've seen people talk about it but I don't think I've seen it in action. I'm assuming it's a Biotic power... is that the new Vanguard power where they biotic ground-pound?

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Ya, it's a ground pound that sends enemies around you flying, but at the risk of depleting your shields. Vanguard only. It was featured on the latest Bioware pulse.I will admit that biotic powers are very handy. Having Liara with my vanguard for battling Saren just made it way too easy. He didn't even get a chance to do anything since we just kept lifting him. In ME2, having pull field made husks seem just pathetic, especially since it recharges so fast.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Yeah, the difference between playing on Veteran and Hardcore is extreme. I was just playing Mass Effect 2 on Veteran with my level 30 Vanguard, and the suicide mission was laughable with an all-biotic squad (I took Morinth and Jack, mostly), because you could just lift and throw the Collectors all over the place. They never stood a chance.But then on Hardcore EVERYTHING gets protection, so the difficulty more than doubles between the two difficulties... Husks are hilarious when you have pull/throw/shockwave and they don't have armor.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

But then on Hardcore EVERYTHING gets protection, so the difficulty more than doubles between the two difficulties... Husks are hilarious when you have pull/throw/shockwave and they don't have armor.

...The fun has been doubled?

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, the humanoid races are confirmed for Multiplayer? What about Geth, Volus, Elcor, Hanar, etc. Or can we not play as those?Because you have no idea how much I want to be an Elcor in hot pink.

Edited by Genuine Xaeraz

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Not to mention that volus have said themselves that they lack physical prowess and would rather trade with people for their services.I would pay so much money for playable geth dlc. I don't care if I didn't like the other parts of the same DLC, I would gladly pay up for my chance to play as a geth infiltrator.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

The achievement list has been revealed. If you don't even like minor spoilers, I wouldn't go see it, but all of the story related ones are pretty vague.And for anybody that somehow still despises multiplayer, you'll be glad to know that all the multiplayer achievements can also be completed in single player.Example: Reach level 20 in multiplayer or level 60 in single player.Also, I like that this time around there's an achievement for establishing a new relationship or rekindling an old one.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

A lot of the achievements seem pretty pointless to me ("visit a shop"? Really?) but I'm playing on PC anyways, so I guess it doesn't really matter. A shame there looks to be no dialogue-related ones, but i guess that's to be expected with the option of turning dialogue choices off.

If I'm not mistaken, you can play with random people online, not just your friends.

Digging her new design; I hope she's a temporary squad member.

A teacher at Grissom Academy? Way to go, Jack. I'm guessing the design they went with is the one towards the bottom, as that looks render-y.

I never thought I'd say this, but after playing it, Jack is definitely my favorite love interest in the series. She has an interesting character arc.actually a spoiler follows if you haven't read about any new characters

I am interested in Steve in ME3, however. For that purpose I'm playing through ME2 one last time before launch leaving my Shep blank in the way of romance.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Hi, welcome to the internet. I'll be your guide. To the left we have a live specimen of fangirlus hunkastacion, known for subsisting entirely on topless images of men who have no idea that at this very moment no less than four fifteen-to-twenty year olds are each writing slash fic of them. For your safety, please do not feed the exhibits with any reasonably handsome actor in a nerdy role, as this has been known to set off a feeding frenzy lasting as many as fifteen pages.We used to have a kennel of fanboyus talimancun to the right, but after deliberation the remaining members of the species were isolated for the safety of the other exhibits.

Edited by GSR

I'm used to seeing smexy fanarts/photos on the internet, it's just the marriage between them with a human body and a CG head was too creepy for me.Thankfully the other character threads weren't so unsettling.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I'm used to seeing smexy fanarts/photos on the internet, it's just the marriage between them with a human body and a CG head was too creepy for me.

Yeah, that's particularly... unfortunate.Also, word just hit that (surprise surprise) there's going to be an ME3 tie-in game for iOS, "Mass Effect: Infiltrator". It's apparently a third-person shooter about rescuing hostages from Cerberus, and completing missions there increases your "Galactic Readiness" in ME3. (Which, I must say, I'm still not a big fan of.)

And now there's word that the first DLC is available at GameStop for $10, titled "From Dust". This is almost certainly the CE character/mission, and in turn almost certainly

The Prothean.

They also apparently showed off a new trailer to the media today that we'll get to see sooner or later, titled "Take Back Earth", as well as an iPad app called "Mass Effect Datapad" you can somehow use to manage the main game.

Edited by GSR

Did you guys see the 4 new trailers?They just made the wait so much worse. MULTIPLE IMAGES INBOUND!My new backgroundBanshees don't seem to like Shepard... (censored for BZP)Customizable lights =DMultiplayer customizationWe can upgrade their powers too!THE MAKO!Harvester huskWhat's with the paragon/renegade bar?Phantoms don't like femshep (it's a gif so let it load)Also, here's some screens from the videos that might be considered spoilers, so spoiler tags just in case.

The geth have got a big ship. Hopefully your Shepard told the Quarians not to go to war.Hey, get off the car!Kai Leng!

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

In the Integrated Storytelling trailer,

they're talking about an artifact. I wonder if it's the same artifact from the comic Mass Effect: Evolution, which gave the Illusive Man his cybernetic eyes?

And quite possibly partially indoctrinated him?Why do I think so? Well...In Evolution the artifact was stored inside a temple.In the trailer, you see turian (a Council race) husks. The planet doesn't look like either Ilium or Tuchanka, so it's gotta be Palaven, especially if the Reapers are using local species as husks.

^ Yeah some heavy spoilers, even if they're only speculation at this point.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png