Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Spoilers only if you haven't looked at the pics UK posted:

@ Banshee: Loool you censored her body but not the fact that she is punching a hole through Shepard.@ Multiplayer customization: I wonder what Equipment is? Like grenades and health packs? I heard a rumor they were bringing back ME1 style equipment.@ New Paragon/Renegade bar: I hope this means you will no longer be entirely limited to making convincing conversation choices by how heavily Paragon/Renegade you are. If it's what it looks like, you have one bar to fill up so it would allow more middle of the road exchanges to take place while still being able to charm/intimidate. I am eager to see how this works, exactly.@ Phantom: Cerberus ninjas look like the coolest enemies ever and I am saving that gif.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

The Collector's Edition Vault bundles for the 360 and PS3 are all kinds of awesome.I do not have such money. ;.;

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

FemShep trailer is up! It's also got a few quick shots of some ME2 friends we haven't seen before.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Eh, the console sleeve looks dorky to me. If it were just Mass Effect themed, possibly with an omni tool pattern or something, that might be cool, but Shepard's chest plate just looks odd to me.Anyway, femShep trailer. Yes indeed.So that settles it. The first Shepard I'm going to import will be my femShepxKaidan. It was a toss up between that or my dudeShepxJack, but I think I may have killed a couple people I shouldn't have with him, and also I haven't found a face for dudeShep I like and default femShep looks really good!Every time I watch a new trailer my heart starts beating fast... I think I am too invested. XP

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

You guys... I watched someone playing the demo... for hours. ;_;Minor gameplay spoilers inbound:

The Soldier playthrough was expectedly boring. Adept was meh. Vanguard looked more interesting.But here's my biggest takeaway: Power recharge times are ridiculous.I assume there will be ways to decrease them (researching, investing in class talents), but at the start a power like Pull has a recharge upwards of eight seconds, and Charge upwards of 17. 17 seconds! Awful.Other than that, I am well pleased. The character creator for both genders was much improved. While you're still limited to only five viewing angles, it's much more "what you see is what you get" than the past two games. The lighting really helps. Also, quite a few new hairstyles that I am partial to, and the returning ones are greatly improved and actually look kind of like hair now, as opposed to greasy hat.Mordin sounds like himself again, thank goodness. For a while I was worried because a leaked demo released a few months back had someone doing a bad Mordin impersonation, but they also used Microsoft Sam for some of the dialogue so it wasn't a big scare. A bigger worry came from Mr. Beattie saying he hadn't been contacted about reprising his role late last year.Still, I haven't seen any confirmation that it is still Beattie, and since Mordin's voice was kind of muffled by radio, it was hard to tell. Sounded like him though.Still, the recharge times on powers... if you can't significantly decrease them, like, make them recharge faster than you ever could in ME2, I will rage. This isn't the kind of subtle rage I felt when poor Steve just got a character creator face (still a decent one, as seen in the demo) while freaking Chobot got a special face. No. This will be rage because I've always felt powers took too long to use in Mass Effect, and while ME2 was a big step in the right direction, them repeatedly saying they were going to speed up combat in ME3 (which it looks like they've done in terms of movement) while dramatically increasing power recharge time, that's nigh game breaking, in this one's humble opinion.Oh, one more thing. The soldiers Frag Grenade and the Adept's Cluster Grenade are dependent on how many actual grenades you're carrying around, and don't rely on your power recharge time at all. Use them to your heart's content. Until you run out of grenades.The Vanguard, on the other hand, has Nova instead of a grenade power (doesn't look like he can carry them) which you can use as much as you like, but whenever you do it completely depletes your Barrier. Still good for finishing off a group of enemies, or right before you Charge.Also, you can revive squadmates without omni gel by walking up to them in battle and taking a couple seconds to resuscitate them. A welcome addition.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I have a couple of questions about your spoiler, if you can answer them, it might put me more at ease.

Since the powers have longer cooldown times, can we use multiple powers at once, a la mass effect 1, or is it a universal cooldown like mass effect 2? If the cooldown isn't universal, I'm okay with longer cooldowns. I like being able to stack abilities. I hope they're a little faster than mass effect 1, but if multiple powers can be used at once, I can live with it.Could you explain how adept was meh? I usually play adept or sentinel, and I rather like the play style. Have you always found adept to be meh, or was there something unique about how it plays in ME3?Could you explain the character creator a little more? What was improved about it?

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Obviously I didn't have hands on myself but this is what I got from watching the video.Universal cool down, like ME2. I really hope it's easy to reduce the time, though. The guy that was playing didn't invest many points at all into his squad talent, so there's hope, but still. It's ridiculous.I liked Adept in ME1 (I preferred playing Engineer with Biotic companions, though), but I thought the powers were too redundant in ME2. Sentinel and Vanguard were great, I just didn't like the all-Biotic character. It does look like there are a lot of new combos, though (like Warp+Pull in ME2. Just more power can combine now). So yeah, if you liked a class in ME2 you'll probably like it in ME3.It was mostly just the new hairstyles, and the lighting. The lighting in the past two games made it pretty much impossible to tell what your Shepard is going to look like for the rest of the game, it just wasn't representative. But this guy made two Shepards, one femShep and one broShep (the third character he used was just regular Sheploo), and they both looked fine in the character creator and they both looked fine out of it, first try, which is not something that was easy to do before.how terribly wordy

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I'll have to pay close attention to that during the demo. But a universal cooldown that's slow seems like a really bad idea, even if it's only for a few levels.That's good. It seems weird that there are more power combinations if the cooldowns are longer. I suppose you'll just have to roll with a full biotic squad to get best results.Another good thing to hear. I remember my first shep on ME 1. Looked fine during creation, came out Duck faced during the actual game. I will admit, I've been impressed with the quality of facial animations I've seen for ME 3 so far in general. Much more realistic than ME 2.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

At this point we're talking about mostly features, so I don't think spoilers are really necessary.Anyway, I've only seen one full playthrough of the demo with a femshep adept. One thing I noticed Bunda, was that for the adept's specific class ability (the one that usually just increases power damge, health, all classes have something similar, etc), one of the level ups increased weight by a significant amount.And in ME3, you can carry all the weapons no matter what class you are, but at a cost. The more you carry, the more it will weigh. The more weight you have, the slower your power recharge will be. The soldier has the most weight overall and can carry the most guns, but if he carries less guns, his powers will recharge even faster.Also, apparently the weapons they give you in the demo are for all classes? This kind of sucks for my infiltrator. Seriously, how am I supposed to snipe?~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Oh, cool. So if you just go with a weapon or two you can do all sorts of shenanigans. You know, this explains the anomalous fact that in the first level (on Earth) when he only had a pistol he was Charging all over the place, and then the ridiculous cooldown on Surkesh.Okay, rage subsiding. I am okay with this system. After that unpleasant diversion I can say I am 100% excited for ME3 again.Yeah, sucks for Infiltrator junkies because on Surkesh the Sniper is the only kind of gun you don't have...But at least since it spawns you with the awful Tempest and mediocre Predator, they give you the awesome Mattock and Eviscerator to make up for it.you guys now I'm having a harder time than ever deciding who to import first because with the better face creator I wouldn't feel so bad importing a broShep, and since Jack has my favorite romance so far I could import the broShep that romanced her, but then he killed Sidonis and I have a horrible feeling Sidonis will do something important like save Garrus' life or something, so then I thought I could import my romanceless broShep and just go after Steve because what I've heard of his character looks interesting, but all of my room mates are terribly conservative and that could lead to AWKWARD QUESTIONS if you're getting me you guys it shouldn't be this hard to choose I am too invested in this series I don't think I've ever typed an awful sentence this longwhateverEdit: Narrative difficulty is hilariously easy. This guy waded into a cluster of enemies and took them out with repeated Charging and they didn't even scratch him.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

OH MY GOODNESS! I GOT AN EARLY ACCESS CODE! Downloading the demo now, but won't be able to play until I get home at about 6 PM.I'm so excited. I was on a very popular social networking site playing a game they had there. All you do is press four buttons and hope for the best. It's random, and if you pressed it in the right order you get something. You get 3 tries to do this every 2 hours. I had played the game 9 times yesterday and got nothing. I then tried this morning and only got the Normandy for my xbox avatar (Which I am totally using right now). I was disappointed because on a different forum people were getting codes like crazy. I then asked my sleepy little sister to give me her social networking site password, and when I tried it on hers, I got it on the first try!WHOOOOO!SO EXCITED! ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

A shame there's no way to get the demo early for PC users; guess I'm going to have to wait it out.Which reminds me, does anyone know if there's cross-platform multiplayer in ME3? I doubt it, but it'd be nice if there were.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

A shame there's no way to get the demo early for PC users; guess I'm going to have to wait it out.Which reminds me, does anyone know if there's cross-platform multiplayer in ME3? I doubt it, but it'd be nice if there were.

If it hasn't been announced yet, which it hasn't, I very much doubt there will be any. Console makers tend to shy away from cross-platform multi, especially for shooters, because keyboard+mouse is more precise.

I hope for mulitplayer on PC there will be a chatbox and voice chat.With voice chat, I also hope they have a push-to-talk option, and enforce it. Dead Space 2's multiplayer didn't have any way to turn down other people and their mic was always open so it was like being in a skype call with someone. Plus, you couldn't even mute yourself.Those things are really needed for the PC version and I don't want Mass Effect 3 to be a terrible port.

It's an app. Looking up Mass effect 3 on that site should bring the app up. It's really buggy right now, but you can get it to work if you're persistent. I only got the normandy, but I'll try again in a couple of hours.

All I can say I I hope I unlock Quarian Engineer immediately. Sentry Drone with Cryo Ammo/Flamethrower (on the drone) is just awesome, add to that Cryo Blast and Incinerate, the Quarian Engineer looks perfectly suited to my style - spam powers and hardly use your gun at all. Plus, I hear using Incinerate on a Cryo'd enemy makes them instantly explode?

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

@Haz: This is what one of the bioware devs said: Expected release times. (Note, we do not have the exact times so the demo could be earlier or later than indicated.)

• [*]PC - Approximately 10am PST

@Bunda, using my friend's account, that's the one I unlocked right away. I love the sentry turret so much better than the combat drone.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Yeah, I loved the Combat Drone in ME2 but the one in ME3 seems to have pathfinding problems. And anyway, the Sentry Turret is much more powerful.So since you have the multiplayer unlocked, what button does one use to access the race-specific dodge move thingy? Because I saw videos of quarians doing the slide dodge and the roll, same with drell and their ninja flip + roll.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the multiplayer portion of the demo more than the singleplayer, since I hear the singleplayer demo's... not bad, just sort of underwhelming, and that it's missing some things from the full game (dialogue options, etc.)

It is kind of awful because you're forced to carry four guns in the second part of the demo, making all your powers take between 15 and 25 seconds to recharge. Playing as a soldier it was okay, I guess, but as any of the other classes I tried (all but Adept now) it was miserable business.So I, too, am more excited about the multiplayer part of the demo. I've been using the single player part mostly as a testing ground for custom faces. I've made a dudeShep face all by myself that I'm rather proud of, and I borrowed someone else's femShep face code and tweaked it to look more like my Lucca because I'm very bad at femShep faces, apparently. Tomorrow I'll download the PC demo and post screenshots/codes if anyone is interested, and I will probably post them anyway if you aren't.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Geek moment here: Kai Leng is being voiced by Troy Baker, who's done a lot of characters I've really liked.Incidentally, among them is Markus Vaughn from Trauma Center, whose partner was Valerie Blaylock, voiced by Kimberly Brooks, Ashley's VA.

The voice actor for Jack (Courtenay Taylor) also voiced Serina in Halo Wars waaatAfter comparing the voices I can only hear any Jack in her voice when she accidentally drops that ridiculous English accent.Anyway, wow, the Salarian Engineer looks fairly awful. Combat Drone/Decoy/Energy Drain. Sure, those are all good powers in their own right but isn't Decoy and Combat Drone redundant? I know they behave a bit differently but their still both distraction tools...

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Played through the single-player demo; a little underwhelming, honestly, but considering how chopped-up it was that's not that surprising. Hopefully there's more dialogue choices in the final game, since there's practically none in the demo, and Shepard talks a lot. It's jarring.

Demo was rather interesting, although I expected more.It also looked rather raw and unfinished. Some of the conversations lacked moving mouths.Also, my custom femShep's left upper eyelid clipped a lot. >.<

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Am I the only who can't play on PC because I can't get my early access from the Battlefield 3 online pass because the new patch they released for BF3 has an error where it doesn't install the new update making BF3 unplayable which means I can't get permission for the Mass Effect 3 demo.Not only that, when I click "Get It Now" on Origin for the demo it says, "We're sorry, but you do not meet the requirements to download this game." Thanks for that helpful information.Well, until they fix the patch error for BF3 I'm not going to be able to play the demo.