Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

I like how I can go into a quick match and absolutely dominate with my female Vanguard. So fun.Speaking of Vanguards, I finally got a drell! Up until now the only characters I've gotten were humans and a turian, to the point where all my classes have full appearance customization, except for my Sentinel and Infiltrator (which are the classes I use the most... <_<)

Guh, I can't stand Drell vanguards. they just don't seem tough enough to be vanguards.
Actually yeah, now that I've tried him out. Maybe it's the lack of Nova, but I can't really use him effectively.Plus I hate any grenades that aren't proximity mines now that I've gotten a salarian Infiltrator.
I think it has more to do with his pitiful excuse for a life bar. You can't be made of paper and charge forward blindly.And YES. Salarian Infiltrators are AMAZING.
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Yeesh, certain tracts of the internet are getting to be a spoiler minefield. It's going to be tough avoiding things now, especially since it looks like there's someone leaking stuff from the final game from within Bioware's QA department. Not to mention all the mining going on from the demo.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I read Drell have average health to start with (500), but they have less shields (250, half of regular).

this is true, but they also don't gain as much health through points, so while it starts off average, point for point, it's worse. and shields are awful for drell.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Yeesh, certain tracts of the internet are getting to be a spoiler minefield. It's going to be tough avoiding things now, especially since it looks like there's someone leaking stuff from the final game from within Bioware's QA department. Not to mention all the mining going on from the demo.

Speaking of the demo, does anyone know if anything from the demo carries over into the full game? I've heard that if you preorder you get to keep all your multiplayer characters from the demo, but I haven't seen this anywhere.
19704_s.gif

I have not heard that, all I've heard is nothing carries over at all.I really hope the final game makes it easier to unlock multiplayer characters. I'm not sure if I've said this here before, but I think a good system is if you gain the loyalty of a species in single player, you can play as them in MP.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I have not heard that, all I've heard is nothing carries over at all.I really hope the final game makes it easier to unlock multiplayer characters. I'm not sure if I've said this here before, but I think a good system is if you gain the loyalty of a species in single player, you can play as them in MP.

I don't think that'll happen, since half the purpose of multiplayer is that you can play a lot of it and zip through the storyline in campaign, and still get the best ending.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I think the general consensus is the Mass Effect 1 has the story, Mass Effect 2 has the gameplay, and Mass Effect 3 is going to do better with both.And I would have said complete Therum first, myself, so you get the full team ASAP.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Unless you're invested in trying to get the liara achievement or are interested in her story, it really doesn't matter which planet you go to first.

I think the general consensus is the Mass Effect 1 has the story, Mass Effect 2 has the gameplay, and Mass Effect 3 is going to do better with both.And I would have said complete Therum first, myself, so you get the full team ASAP.

Well I don't think it will do better than the first game with its story (not saying it's impossible though), but I don't see how it could be worse than the second game. And yeah I can only see the gameplay being better. Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Well I don't think it will do better than the first game with its story (not saying it's impossible though), but I don't see how it could be worse than the second game. And yeah I can only see the gameplay being better.
Well, let me be honest. I'm still not clear on why so many people hate on the second game's story while jubilantly praising the first's. What made #1's so amazing in the first place?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I'd say the two biggest gripes I have with ME2's story are that

• [*]There's no real sense of having moved the series plot forward. In ME1 you made some pretty big discoveries and set the stage for the war with the Reapers. ME2 had a sudden, jarring timeskip, then focused on fighting an enemy we'd never even heard of before under the wing of an organization that had been nothing but sidequest fodder in ME1. Not to mention that the main plot didn't even get that much time in the game - most of the game was "recruit character X, and then deal with their personal issues." Which was all very enjoyable, but you can't get the feeling this is contributing to the overall series arc when everyone can bite the dust at the end. Not to mention that the post-release DLC Arrival did more to push forward the Reaper storyline than the actual game.[*]There's a lack of a compelling villain. Saren in ME1 was a pretty great villain - he acted as a formidable opponent throughout the game, and when you found out about his motivations, he was an understandable (though not sympathetic) character. Not to mention that the Reaper you do interact with, Sovereign, really gave a sense of being up against something immeasurably powerful. By contrast, your only consistent enemy in ME2 is a disembodied voice that spews Saturday morning cartoon-villain one-liners and makes a random bug person more powerful while you're fighting it. There just wasn't any real motivation to "go get this guy".

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Bioware has confirmed in multiple places that no multiplayer anything will carry over.

D: noooooooAnyway, I liked Mass Effect 2's plot, though I understand why some wouldn't. I liked it because it gave each individual much more time to grow than was ever afforded in ME1, and I love the series' characters.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

then focused on fighting an enemy we'd never even heard of before under the wing of an organization that had been nothing but sidequest fodder in ME1.

Yeah, the Collectors were never mentioned in the first game and Cerberus had but a small role in the first game.But in the novels? The Collectors are mentioned at least several times and Cerberus has a large role in most of the novels.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

the full length Take Back Earth trailer was released todaypardon the cliche, but it truly is epic

Cliché pardoned, for it is a truly amazing trailer.Edit: I am glad they're not calling the game Mass 3ffect or Mass Eff3ct. :P Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I've actually never gotten to play any of the Mass Effect 2 DLC. But I'm a little confused because I got ME2 for free because of an Origin deal and I don't know if I have a code for the Cerberus Network. If I don't, I really can't justify paying for it after all this while.Anyway, any recommendations for DLC to buy for ME2 if I ever get a chance to? I'm doing a Femshep playthrough right now in preparation for ME3 and I'd like to experience all parts of the game.

I've actually never gotten to play any of the Mass Effect 2 DLC. But I'm a little confused because I got ME2 for free because of an Origin deal and I don't know if I have a code for the Cerberus Network. If I don't, I really can't justify paying for it after all this while.Anyway, any recommendations for DLC to buy for ME2 if I ever get a chance to? I'm doing a Femshep playthrough right now in preparation for ME3 and I'd like to experience all parts of the game.

You might be able to get a Cerberus Network code through EA's customer service. Alternatively, use your EA account to sign into Bioware's site and check if you have certain pieces of DLC already (like "Zaeed - the Price of Revenge"). If you do, that means you've already got the Cerberus Network DLC.Other than that, the only DLC I'd really recommend is Lair of the Shadow Broker. It's a little more expensive than the other pieces, but it's a very solid mission with a lot of fun banter between Shepard and Liara, as well as some other nice stuff.

I would rank the DLC like this:Shadow BrokerStolen MemoryOverlordThe weapon packs that have the Phalanx and Geth Shotgun becauseZaeed or whateverThe alternate appearance packs I guessFirewalker laaaame---In an effort to make this post seem more important, spoilers about one of the crew members (the most spoilery one okay) follows:

So the prothean (I hear his name is Javik?) has a sweet African accent and also apparently he is day one DLC. Or you get him included in the Collector's Edition.Honestly I'm disappointed he isn't going to be in the full game, but I hear he's better integrated than Kasumi and Zaeed so that's good. Also there are theories/rumors he will be in the game regardless of DLC, he just won't be a squad member. I haven't seen any solid evidence for that, however, beyond the fact that in one of the older leaked scripts he played a large role in the plot, but he could have easily been taken down a few notches in Importance level since then.The only powers found for him are Slam and some new power, Dark Channel, which seems to work like Reave, except it takes health/barriers slower but does more damage over time. Another rumored power (I forget the name) allows his squadmates (that is, Shepard and whoever else) to instantly be able to use their powers again without recoil (like Adrenaline Burst in ME1) and gives some other bonus, like cooldown time for X seconds or something.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Also, I love the fact that you can switch around the cover on all versions of the retail ME3 case, so you can choose to showcase femShep instead. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngEdit: Huzzah! I finally managed to make another pretty good looking femShep in Mass Effect 2! :P

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

They've announced some more details of the "From Ashes" DLC. In addition to the squad member and his/her mission, it comes with a new weapon and alternate costumes for all the squad members.I still think it's a slimy thing to make paid day one, especially with their steadfast denial that it was something done separate from the main game, when all the leaks (and even EA's marketing - they announced this guy back in June before editing his identity out of the CE promo media) say that's obviously not the case. It doesn't matter for me since I'm grabbing the Digital Deluxe edition, but I completely understand why this is making people drop ME3.Not to mention, the character is important enough and interesting enough that making him/her DLC just feels like gutting the main game.

Edited by GSR

As pretty as your Shepard is Valenti, pretty sure no one can beat MUFASA Shepard in the looks department.Heavy risk...femshep_007.jpg...BUT THE PRIIIIIZE!femshep_004.jpgAnd I know for a fact the DLC character is more than a temporary squadmate because I found some more audio of him from the demo, and he comments on the Sur'Kesh mission. I also found audio for the other spoiler character as well.And I think it would make everybody happy if he was in the game, but if you have the DLC he joins you instead of staying wherever he is.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

APPARENTLY (and this is just word of mouth, supposedly based on info from the leaked script) the character will be in the game, even without DLC; the DLC simply adds a mission where he's a temporary squaddie

Well, like Kardas said, it's known he's a full squadmate and not temporary. We just don't know how/if he's involved in the plot if you don't buy the DLC.

I just don't agree with how much DLC they're putting out. ME1 was reasonable, but ME2 and this is going a bit too far.

I'm fine with it. I didn't have any problem with ME2, and I still don't with ME3. Though I do agree that Bioware is pumping out a lot, what with the action figure DLC, art book DLC, and so on, most of that dlc is just stuff for multiplayer, and may only be downloadable recruit packs.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So, apparently our favorite DLC squadmate's included mission takes place on Eden Prime. Sort of an interesting choice, don't you think? Taking us back to the beginning.Makes me wonder what's there that needs a mission, though.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So, apparently our favorite DLC squadmate's included mission takes place on Eden Prime. Sort of an interesting choice, don't you think? Taking us back to the beginning.Makes me wonder what's there that needs a mission, though.

My guess?

A lot more Prothean technology that could defeat the Reapers.

As pretty as your Shepard is Valenti, pretty sure no one can beat MUFASA Shepard in the looks department.

My eyes. T_T Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

My guess?

A lot more Prothean technology that could defeat the Reapers.

You're thinking maybe some prothean superweapon where the beacon was dug up? Because that would be a pretty cool addition to the game.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You're thinking maybe some prothean superweapon where the beacon was dug up? Because that would be a pretty cool addition to the game.

Something like that. Well, maybe not a

superweapon. Maybe something related to Shepard's Prothean Cipher.

:P

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

You guys, romance spoilers incoming. Nothing major, just talking about who is romancable and their orientations:

So Steve and Samantha are gay/lesbian, we've known this. But new news indicates that Kaidan and Ashley are now both bi (and Liara has always been, so eh). James is not a love interest but you can flirt with him as either gender. Garrus and Tali are both straight but you have to import from ME2 to have a romance with them. You will see Tali's face but only if you romance her.Honestly, that seems like too much gay to me. Sure, I'm happy that we get some gays and bis or whatever, but having all of the new romances be gay/bi is a bit much to me. If you could initiate new romances with Tali and Garrus I think it would be perfect since there would be symmetry, two gay, two bi, two straight and whatever Liara is. But whatever, I guess it's better to have an overload than a drought.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.