Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

I don't usually mind, but I have to agree, Bunda. It kinda reminds me of the romances in Dragon Age 2. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I finished ME1 a few days ago, altogether my first playthrough took me about 16 hours.I also started a new game with my old Shep, and was happy to find that it let my keep my inventory, and that the enemies scaled appropriately. I'm being much more thorough this time(I'm currently in the middle of Noveria, and have already done Feros and Therum)I'm having a lot of fun talking to the crew members(Which I didn't do on my first playthrough). I don't know who i'll leave on Virmire this time(I left Kaidan the first time, partly for roleplay reasons because he was fighting next to an armed nuke)now that I've learned more about both of them.Also: Singularity is best power.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

You guys, romance spoilers incoming. Nothing major, just talking about who is romancable and their orientations:

So Steve and Samantha are gay/lesbian, we've known this. But new news indicates that Kaidan and Ashley are now both bi (and Liara has always been, so eh). James is not a love interest but you can flirt with him as either gender. Garrus and Tali are both straight but you have to import from ME2 to have a romance with them. You will see Tali's face but only if you romance her.Honestly, that seems like too much gay to me. Sure, I'm happy that we get some gays and bis or whatever, but having all of the new romances be gay/bi is a bit much to me. If you could initiate new romances with Tali and Garrus I think it would be perfect since there would be symmetry, two gay, two bi, two straight and whatever Liara is. But whatever, I guess it's better to have an overload than a drought.

Not sure how I feel about Ashley/Kaidan being bi, but it was planned in ME1 before being cut, so I guess it's not really a big deal. I also heard Samantha was cut from the game, but I've yet to see any proof of that. I sure hope not - even outside of romance, she seemed a very fun character from the leaks.I'm almost relieved James isn't romanceable, because that means there actually is a non-DLC squad member without any sort of romance subplot (with Shepard or otherwise). The Normandy ain't the love boat, folks.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Alright guys, I got a new bunch of images from the DLC mission. Three pictures are in spoilers.426447_378891405464125_110455108974424_1410806_1732630801_n.jpgNew outfits for Kaiden and Vega.426447_378891408797458_110455108974424_1410807_2136722130_n.jpgLiara too!426447_378891422130790_110455108974424_1410809_265901451_n.jpgAnother angle.Now onto the slight spoiler images:

426447_378891425464123_110455108974424_1410810_2005859393_n.jpgI didn't care about this image until I saw that it was in c-sec. Cerberus on the citadel?423622_378905008796098_110455108974424_1410827_154707088_n.jpgDramatic angle of the new squadmate.426447_378891418797457_110455108974424_1410808_242143434_n.jpgFighting Collectors?

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I'm loving the last one of those, personally.Also, the From Ashes alternate outfits all seem to coordinate, which I like a good deal. Makes your squad look like a team. Gonna have to agree with Hazzy on the Kaidan armor, though. Too bulky.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Well folks, we're a week out from ME3... and apparently all the endings have leaked, so for the love of the Enkindlers watch your step.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

So i just finished ME2.RIP Mordin and Miranda ;_; .~ELM~

You managed to off Miranda? That's actually pretty impressive, she's got plot armor out the wazoo. Shame about Mordin though, he's always quick to bite the dust.Also, word is that the PC version has leaked, and though it can't be played yet (Origin authentication and all) people are extracting videos and the like, so I'd advise people to avoid anything to do with ME3 on that video site.

You managed to off Miranda? That's actually pretty impressive, she's got plot armor out the wazoo. Shame about Mordin though, he's always quick to bite the dust.Also, word is that the PC version has leaked, and though it can't be played yet (Origin authentication and all) people are extracting videos and the like, so I'd advise people to avoid anything to do with ME3 on that video site.
I'm thinking it was because i lost her loyalty when i sided with jack in their argument, and I was never able to regain it.~ELM~

I'm thinking it was because i lost her loyalty when i sided with jack in their argument, and I was never able to regain it.~ELM~
Yeah, that's just about the only way she can die, is if she's disloyal and you leave her with a weak team before the final boss or bring her to the final boss. Any other situation that would off her (and does off other squadmates) she just shrugs off. Edited by GSR

Same, I ordered mine from GameStop.com after they sold out of Collector's Edition at the brick and mortar.They charged my card yesterday but so far no other movement. It'd be nice if they shipped it before release date so I don't have to wait so long in agony.So... did anyone else read any leaks? I'll sum up my thoughts on what I've read in two, no, three words:

Soul crushing disappointment. D:

Three words and a text emote.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

DAT LAUNCH TRAILER!So excited for this game now. I love that my teachers are going on strike for the first three days next week, and then after that week is over, I have 2 weeks of spring break.feelsgoodman.jpgAlso, if you watched the launch there's two very quick character/squadmate spoilers.

Jack getting ready to fight an Atlas and our first in game image of EDI:zwd8f.jpg

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Thrilled this is out on Tuesday. Less thrilled that I have three midterms next week.

You can hit 30 in one go, I know. Is it possible to do so without any DLC? I've never played without Zaeed and Kasumi.Regardless, they give you much more reason to get to max level in ME2 than 1 (I still haven't actually - I've just started new characters, not played as the same one twice) since it imports your level to ME3...

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

But, at the same time, wouldn't there be a similar strategic advantage to going in lower leveled, since I've heard that the enemies scale with you better now. Go in weaker, and so are your opponents.Could be imagining things, though.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You can hit 30 in one go, I know. Is it possible to do so without any DLC? I've never played without Zaeed and Kasumi.Regardless, they give you much more reason to get to max level in ME2 than 1 (I still haven't actually - I've just started new characters, not played as the same one twice) since it imports your level to ME3...

I had all the free DLC in my first playthrough and I didn't even get to level 28, and that was with being thorough.So i bit the Bullet and downloaded Origin to play the ME3 demo, Origin actually isn't all that bad, surprisingly.The singleplayer part of the demo was pretty lackluster IMO, butMY GOD THE MULTIPLAYER.MY GOD.GLORIOUS.I've bought a few recruit packs, currently I have a Level 5 Soldier named ELOM and a level 5 or 6 Adept named Mantis.Best thing ever.~ELM~

I had all the free DLC in my first playthrough and I didn't even get to level 28, and that was with being thorough.So i bit the Bullet and downloaded Origin to play the ME3 demo, Origin actually isn't all that bad, surprisingly.The singleplayer part of the demo was pretty lackluster IMO, butMY GOD THE MULTIPLAYER.MY GOD.GLORIOUS.I've bought a few recruit packs, currently I have a Level 5 Soldier named ELOM and a level 5 or 6 Adept named Mantis.Best thing ever.~ELM~
Origin is really just Steam, except they only stock EA games so far and aren't as beloved. ME3 is all I'm using mine for, though. Be hard to change that.And are also run by a soulless megacorp, as opposed to steam's only half-souled corp. Edited by Punchycat Xaeraz

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I've hit 30 in one run on my other save, as beating the game gives you a +10% Exp boost in all subsequent playthroughs.

Just about 25 hours left to go now if you're in North America, and 11 hours/now if you know your way around a VPN (PC)/your local stores don't care about the street date (360/PS3).I'm trying to make myself wait until the actual unlock time in NA, because I certainly have enough to do tomorrow. Whether or not I'll actually be able to is a matter yet undecided.

Legion and Friends fills my heart with purpose. <3Edit: GameStop just shipped my copy of the Collector's Edition. I paid for shipping that said it'd take one day for processing and up to three for delivery, so I was expecting to get ME3 even a week late with weekends factored in. But lo, it is en route, and it will be delivered on the seventh, only a day late for US and still earlier than most other countries. hooray

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

While waiting for ME3, I decided to watch the X-men anime on netflix, and while I'm watching, I notice the voice actor for Emma Frost sounds a little too familiar. I start to think "Is that who I think it is?" so I go and look up the voice actor online, and lo and behold, it's Liara's voice actor.Also, my brother just went to go to his university (he'll pick me up at around 10 to go to the midnight launch), and when he starts unlocking his car, he alerts me that it just started snowing.I'm all like "Didn't know snow was part of the Reaper invasion"And he replied "Maybe it's not snow. Maybe it's ashes."Then we got super serious, and left each other without a word.Also, if you've been following the AllianceNewsNetwork on the social networking bird chirp site, then you can see what happens to Emily Wong as she covers the Reaper invasion.Regarding what happens:

Here are her last six posts:Van still flying. Lost a lot of blood. Not sure how long I have. Not sure QEC even still on. #solcommsReaper out in front of me. Lost pistol. Only weapon left is this skyvan. #solcommsFighter drones closing. Gunships are down. Mom, Dad, love you. #solcommsGo on. Make your noise. Try to scare us. #solcommsYou want to see how a human dies? At ramming speed. #solcomms<SIGNAL LOSS.> #solcomms

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg