Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

snapback.pngIamJackssplitpersonality, on Oct 24 2011 - 10:34 PM, said:How is there absolutely NO Mordin love in this thread? It's almost criminal.Oh GOD I LOVE MORDIN AUUGHHH I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR SPECIES DOESN'T HAVE A CULTURAL CONCEPTION OF ROMANCE, WE SHOULD TOTALLY BE TOGETHER.FOR SCIENCE!So yeah, I love love love Mass Effect so much, oh man.I've had three playthroughs so far. There's Ricardo Shepard, the Paragon-(ish) Colonist/Sole Survivor Adept. He romanced Ash in the first game, and tried to stay true to her, but with Jack it was true love. I hope that all works out in the end, since I love them both. He's a bit . . . mentally unstable, got on board with the REAPERS thing before the Council even believed him about Saren, but most of all, he really, really hates Cerberus. Which is part of why him and Jack are so perfect together. After this is all over, they'll settle down somewhere in the middle of no where, and they'll have a million children who'll rebel against their parents by not getting any tattoos, not joining any cults, being law abiding citizens, having reasonable haircuts, wearing modest clothing, etc etc. <3Then there's Alana Shepard, the Renegade punchy-face Earthborn War Hero Sentinel. She had this horrible codependency with Kaidan that ended when he realized that he was better off with a girlfriend who wasn't an insane sociopath, and now is ruining Thane's last few months alive. Yeah, the end decision? Thane was all "Siha! You must not become that which you hate!" and she was all "Yeah, and I'd hate the WIMP who'd leave behind all this sweet loot!" I kinda wish Miranda was an option for her, since they could rule the galaxy as evil galactic empresses.And my last is my Insanity run, Leia Shepard, the much less insane Paragon Spacer Engineer. She's lesbian Captain Kirk, who predictably is staying with Liara, at least, until she finds another blue alien chick who'll actually stay with her since things didn't work out with Samara or Tali. :( I haven't finished her in ME2 yet, since I'm on Insanity and Praetorians and Husks insist on ruining my life. WHY DO HUSKS HAVE ARMOR. WHY.My favorite squadmates are Mordin, Wrex, Legion and Jack, my favorite species are the krogan and the salarians and I'm well aware of how horrible that is. Instead of releasing the genophage during the Krogan Rebellions, the salarians and the krogans should've allied together to become cybernetically augmented god-warriors for science and great justice and become an unstoppable force and conquer the galaxy. Since obviously that's the best thing for everyone.I also hope there's a happy ending for the quarians and the geth. And for everything, since I love everything and everyone in this game. Oh man I love these games so much like you wouldn't even believe.

If I had a cool thing to put here

I would put it here

Probably not though

It'd probably be some dumb meme

Maybe some hipster-tastic lyrics

Who cares

I actually got to play a level of Mass Effect 3 at Comic Con this year. It is the one with Mordin and the female Krogan. It was a ton of fun, but much more difficult than the other two (though maybe that is because I was playing on the 360 while I am a PC gamer). Plus I got a bag full of inflatable omniblades. :D

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently much of ME3's plotline has been leaked. I've been spoiled on a few things, but not too much.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I just started my... fourth ME1 playthrough. Mostly for Achievement collection purposes, as I'm missing Asari Ally, Turian Ally, Extreme Power Gamer, and Insanity. I won't be able to get to level sixty in one go, though... so I'll have to do a fifth playthrough. :PSince it's so hard to make good looking Shepards, I found a site that compiles all the best looking ones, got the ME2 code for one I liked, downloaded a program that translates ME2 codes into ME1 sliders, and then recreated the Shepard in ME1, with some slight modifications. I love industrious fans. XP

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Apparently much of ME3's plotline has been leaked. I've been spoiled on a few things, but not too much.

Ya, I heard. It's honestly a shame since it's so early. The worst part is that other than here, I don't trust any Mass effect site with forums now.~U_K~
I suspect a troll, or a fan with too much time on his hands. Also, a ploy by Bioware? Anyway, I just finished ME 2 for the 13th time.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

So what are some of you guys's favorite side characters?I really like Lorik Qui'in. His overuse of human sayings is humorous. :PBut Aria has to be one of my favorite characters in the whole universe. She is just so... well, the word is filtered on BZP. BUT her one rule for Omega has got to be my favorite line from the series. Her one rule also has NSFBZP language. XPEdit: On the subject of Mass Effect 3, I am not interested in most of the spoilers, but I would like to know what new powers are being introduced and what the romance options will be. Is there anything solid on those?

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

THE PRESIDIUM GROUNDS KEEPER. "There are no fish in the presidium!" That is one of the best lines in videogame history.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Asari bartender on Illium with a Krogan father.And Aria T'Loak, of course. :P Can't wait until I get my hands on the Mass Effect: Invasion comics.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Edit: On the subject of Mass Effect 3, I am not interested in most of the spoilers, but I would like to know what new powers are being introduced and what the romance options will be. Is there anything solid on those?

No new romance options. You'll just get to develop the old ones. If you had different relationships in the first and second games, it'll strike at you at the most annoying of times, right in the middle of the war, and you'll have to work it out.Thank you, my (rather old) copy of PC Gamer.-Dovydas

The Asari bartender on Illium with a Krogan father.And Aria T'Loak, of course. :P Can't wait until I get my hands on the Mass Effect: Invasion comics.

Oooh yeaaah, I really enjoyed talking to *wiki* Aethyta. Funny, I just found out if you get drunk and talk to her she looks younger and is wearing makeup. Lay off, Shepard. That can't be good for you.

Edit: On the subject of Mass Effect 3, I am not interested in most of the spoilers, but I would like to know what new powers are being introduced and what the romance options will be. Is there anything solid on those?

No new romance options. You'll just get to develop the old ones. If you had different relationships in the first and second games, it'll strike at you at the most annoying of times, right in the middle of the war, and you'll have to work it out.Thank you, my (rather old) copy of PC Gamer.-Dovydas
Bioware has, more recently, said otherwise, and there will be new romance options. It wouldn't be very fair to people just starting with Mass Effect 3 otherwise, I suppose. I just wonder if they will be new characters, old characters that were not interested in you before, or a mix.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Most of the game's script was leaked, it turns out, not just the plot outline. From that people have gathered a lot of info about the game that, while still subject to change, is quite interesting.Re: love interests (very vague spoilers):

The returning romances are back, you have a "second chance" with certain characters if you didn't romance them the first time, there are some new romances (both on your squad and off it), and certain side characters hook up if you don't romance them.If you're into the same-sex stuff, I believe that's limited to new characters.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Most of the game's script was leaked, it turns out, not just the plot outline. From that people have gathered a lot of info about the game that, while still subject to change, is quite interesting.Re: love interests (very vague spoilers):

The returning romances are back, you have a "second chance" with certain characters if you didn't romance them the first time, there are some new romances (both on your squad and off it), and certain side characters hook up if you don't romance them.If you're into the same-sex stuff, I believe that's limited to new characters.

Thank goodness I romanced Tali in the second game. No one else can haz her. :PI recently got into the series, and I am absolutely hooked. BioWare is quite conspicuously comprised of geniuses.My favourite squadmates are easilly Wrex, Garrus, Tali and Mordin. It was instant nostaglia seeing the first 3 in ME2, and seeing Garrus as Archangel was quite frankly awesome. Athough I had read through the achievements prior to meeting him, I was still worried when he got shot up by that ship. Tali's trial was also a great option in order to gain her loyalty.Now I must get the DLC...

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

I've yet to buy Kasumi - I kept hoping Bioware would eventually have a sale on the PC DLC, but to no avail. Perhaps I'll pick it up over break or something and play it in advance of Mass Effect 3.

• 4 weeks later...

I caught it, but frankly it wasn't that impressive to me. Part of it is that I suspected very strongly ahead of time it'd be the Reaper vs. the Thresher Maw scene, but mostly it's because eye candy aside it was Shepard running down a corridor, rolling a bit, and hitting a button. I realize it's the VGAs, but I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

Yep, I think they were only showcasing the Thresher Maw vs. the Reaper and also Shepard DOING A BARREL ROLL XDAlthough the one thing in my mind is that they should really release at least one FemShep trailer before the game release :/

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Well, I for one had my mouth open for the duration of the trailer.For new gameplay details I will wait for Bioware Pulse. The new abilities revealed for Engineer and Vanguard (my favorite classes) - the Vanguard's ground-pound and the Engineer's sentry turret - look very nice.Since they're beefing up Shepard (as well as making the enemies more powerful), I'm hoping they reduce the cooldown for Charge by a second or two.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

• 4 weeks later...

A bump to let people know that it's been officially announced that Mass Effect 3 will not be available for purchase on Steam, and will require activation with EA's Origin service.

My biggest objection to Origin is tying your games to an account with a company that's had some real horror stories come out of it with regards to customer service. You shouldn't ever be banned from playing a game you purchased because you said something the developers didn't like on a forum.I'll still get ME3, but it's a serious disappointment, and if I were to lose access to my account I would have absolutely no qualms about acquiring a working copy of the game through less legitimate methods.

Edited by GSR

Getting it for Xbox anyway.I went to GameStop, but the local one was sold out (of Collector's Edition). So I had to order online. Pay shipping and also get it a week later than everyone else. =/I'd have just gone to Walmart and ordered it there but I had $36 in GameStop giftcards and money is quite tight. Meh. Hopefully I'll have an income by March. fingerscrossed

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Honestly, this sort of makes me wish I'd played the series on Xbox (though then you get into the issue of paying a subscription for peer-to-peer multiplayer, which has always baffled me.)

Edited by GSR

Anyone else heard of how the multiplayer can affect the campaign?To me, it seems like a handy method of fixing up your past mistakes. If you attempt to romance everyone on the ship, sure they might hate you and it'll significantly lower your Galatic Readiness for any assault on the Reapers, but perhaps a few hours levelling up characters might atone for that (you can send them off to fight the Reapers when you're done with them).Personally, I don't think I'll be touching the multiplayer much, because I've learned how to navigate my Shepard pretty well (plus I'm sticking with Tali or Liara, depending on which playthrough I use). Still a nice bonus for those with less-than-perfect Shepards that want to get the best possible ending though.

Anyhow, does anyone think that being a paragon will pay off in the end? And will your final decision in the Collector's Base in ME2 be a potentially crucial factor to the ending you receive (if not corrected by things mentioned in the spoiler)?I'm hoping 100% paragon metres are enough to see the best possible ending of ME3. :P

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

I don't think that spoiler's really a spoiler, since it's just a gameplay mechanic. But anyways, I doubt ticking off a love interest is going to do that much to harm your Galactic Readiness stat - I'd like to think Bioware writes their characters well enough that they're mature enough to overlook being jilted in order to, you know, save the galaxy.As for paragon/renegade paying off in the end - presumably so, though they've also mentioned it's not just going to be a case of "blue/red choice your way to victory." In particular they mentioned Shepard now has "influence" with various factions - so if you really really tick off the krogan by being Mr. Nice Guy to the salarians all the time they may not want to help you. They've also confirmed paragon doesn't always equal best result (I could give an example from the leaked script, but I'm guessing people wouldn't want that even in a spoiler tag.)

Edited by GSR

Yeah, I thought those kind of scenarios would play out.Although it'll be hard to navigate, I'm pretty blissful to hear that Bioware is developing a manner in which you have to rub your allies the right way. A very good sense of realism. Truly, this is the stuff of RPGs. :P

Word on the street (thanks to Game Informer getting a little overzealous with putting up info that's under embargo 'til tomorrow) is that the demo's coming February 14th. That's... quite a bit later than I'd hoped, especially given I've got something very big going down the 17th.

Did anybody else watch the latest gametrailers episode? It had a huge segment and single player and multiplayer and I am now even more excited for this game. The episode is online if anybody wants to watch it.Here are some screen shots from the episode (I would consider these minor spoilers, but I know some people don't want to know anything at all, so I put them in spoiler tags):

ME3Ash.jpgAshley in a suit of armor (for the doubters who thought she would only be in a catsuit)me3bloodykrogan.jpgA bloody Krogan fighting off screen husks with his bare hands(sorry, pic's not working with BZP. It was a shot of the illusive man from behind with some cybernetic legs and a cool get up standing next to him.)I assume this is Kai Leng behind the Illusive man from what I've heard. I haven't read the books so I wouldn't know.(sorry, pic's not working with BZP. A picture of Shepard standing in front of a massive looking (and kind of strange looking) rachni queen. Just look up "Mass effect 3 rachni queen" or "Mass effect 3 Kai Leng" and you should find both pics quite easily.)Well, well, well, look who's all grown up. I'm very curious to see what will happen since I killed her.6730858283_750f0311bb_o.jpgA Salarian in multiplayer fighting things that come out of rachni husks.

Also, Freddie Prince Jr. is the voice of Vega.~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg