• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Mass Effect Topic

Mass Effect Games Science Fiction

• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#761 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 01:45 PM

I am glad to read that.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#762 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 01:50 PM

Apparently, there was a leak regarding the next multiplayer DLC, which is looking set to include
Spoiler
Keep in mind that these are still rumors and subject to change.

#763 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 02:16 PM

Why would they change the names of the classes? And don't we have enough humans?I bought a veteran pack and a premier spectre pack to round out today so far. Snagged both a grenade bonus and a shield bonus for my gear slot, and also a geth plasma smg and the REVENANT (<3)

who_the_shepard_do_you_think_i_am.jpg

#764 Offline Kothra

Kothra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,977 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 03:03 PM

What he fails to mention is the bit where they label the new human classes as N7.

Edited by Kothra, Jun 12 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

#765 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 10:20 PM

Swag, got the N7 Valiant sniper rifle and the Vorcha Sentinel in my victory pack.Still no Rebellion pack guns for me, although my Widow is now Mk X.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#766 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 10:50 PM

Swag, got the N7 Valiant sniper rifle and the Vorcha Sentinel in my victory pack.Still no Rebellion pack guns for me, although my Widow is now Mk X.

Funny, I got the Vorcha Sentinel and N7 Eagle in my victory pack, then the valiant in my commendation.It's like Bioware is saying something! Or the random number gods are fond of coincidence!OR BOTH!

#767 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,902 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2012 - 12:39 AM

I got Cerberus Vanguard Patterns and a Crusader II in my Victory pack and an Eagle III in my Commendation.Bleh.~ELM~
titanfall.jpg

#768 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 04:53 PM

Okay, so ME3 is now crashing whenever I hit "Quick Match" under multiplayer. Anyone have any idea why?

#769 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 07:13 PM

Got a Hurricane, an Eagle, and the new human Vanguard in my packs. Ehh... I want a Valiant.also geth

Posted Image

#770 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 08:51 PM

Got a Vorcha Sentinel and a Valiant in my Victory Pack. Was hoping for some Vanguards to level up my Krogan but whatever.

#771 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 993 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 22 2012 - 08:03 PM

So the Extended Cut is out on the 26th. To see it, you'll have to replay from
Spoiler
onwards.I suppose I ought to get my Galactic Readiness back up as well.

Edited by GSR, Jun 22 2012 - 08:04 PM.

I am moving across the country! I'll be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, so please allow me time to reply to any messages/etc. Thanks!

newbforumleader.jpg
(That's a blog link for what it's worth)

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

#772 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 22 2012 - 10:48 PM

Cautiously optimistic, as far as possible.Will delve deep into pessimism if BioWare decides to add
Spoiler
after all.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#773 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jun 23 2012 - 01:48 AM

I just hope they go through with the original plan, Dark Matter and all. It made sense and the series was leading up to it, then we just get this Astral Child and everything falls to bits.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#774 Offline VBBN

VBBN
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,845 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2012 - 02:13 PM

I've been playing the game for a second time through on insanity; And I have quite enjoyed the challenge.I've made some different choices this time through, and although it doesnt affect much right now, it's nice to have the differences there. Right now I am up to the point of where they said the extended cut will work from, so instead of continuing on I will just wait until the DLC is out in two days so I dont immediately have to replay the campaign a 3rd time.Few suggestions I have for you guys(and I'll spoiler tag all of this)
Spoiler

#775 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 993 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 24 2012 - 02:16 PM

On my Vanguard Insanity run, I ultimately wound up rocking nothing but a Geth Shotgun upgraded all the way with some nice modifications. It's just that versatile, and the extra cooldown lets you do some crazy stuff.

I am moving across the country! I'll be on the road until Wednesday, August 20th, so please allow me time to reply to any messages/etc. Thanks!

newbforumleader.jpg
(That's a blog link for what it's worth)

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

#776 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2012 - 03:10 PM

Speaking of Vanguards, I took my Krogan Vanguard for a run yesterday to complete the squad challenge. Ended up on a team of three Krogan Sentinles and spent about half an hour dominating Cerberus troopers. Highlights include beating an Atlas to death and chasing a Nemesis around the map for about five minutes.

#777 Offline Derpman!

Derpman!
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,113 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have a question for anybody who has played the Extended Cut and made the relevant decision, as I am a PS3 player and have only watched a few videos on the DLC.
Spoiler

Edited by Derpman!, Jun 26 2012 - 03:05 PM.

"No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to right now, so let me clue you in.

I am not in danger. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot,

and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks."

#778 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think the ending would have been alright if you hadn't actually been able to choose it. Instead of the 'pick a colour' ending, it would have been much better if what the Crucible does was down to every other decision you've made through the whole series.The extended cut adds a bit to the ending, and makes it seem less rushed over, but doesn't fix the 'pick a colour' problem. I don't mind the Crucible being a bit of a deus ex machina, but it's the way it was handled that annoys me.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#779 Offline Derpman!

Derpman!
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,113 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2012 - 05:14 PM

moar extended cut dlc spoilers following
Spoiler

Edited by Derpman!, Jun 26 2012 - 05:16 PM.

"No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to right now, so let me clue you in.

#780 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Jun 26 2012 - 05:52 PM

...Destroy is the only ending where Starchild does NOT say that you'll die, though

#781 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 26 2012 - 11:18 PM

Played through the Control ending again, expecting to see the new scenes....Turns out, the EC wasn't installed yet. -.-
Spoiler

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#782 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jun 27 2012 - 01:08 AM

The new ending left me satisfied. I still don't like it, but I guess I understand it. I'm just glad they gave more explanation to the god child and closure.Also, started up my save of MUFASA Shepard to see if I could just restart the last mission where you fight Marauder shields and the 3 husketeers, since I've played multiplayer too much and my Galactic readiness is way too high. I did this because the game stops counting new or lost war assets after the cerberus base, and on this old save, I had below 1500.Anyway, because of my awful Shepard, I got to hear what I think is the most hilarious line of the godchild.
Spoiler
~U_K~

Posted Image

#783 Offline ~Wish~

~Wish~
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,500 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2012 - 04:44 AM

Spoiler

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!
We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

#784 Offline Bio D

Bio D
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,935 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2012 - 05:40 AM

I've only played the refusal ending, which was tolerable.However, I had a mild stroke when
Spoiler

#785 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 27 2012 - 10:03 PM

Played and chose Control.It's exactly what I hoped it would be. <3
Spoiler

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#786 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 03:47 AM

I watched all the endings.
Spoiler
So now that we know how the series actually ends, someone should make a TBRPG.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#787 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 11:29 AM

Looked up the endings, they're better, but not tolerable. Ah well. I think I can still hock the games for a decent amount of money. Wish I hadn't bought the DLC, but eh, live and learn right?
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#788 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 09 2012 - 12:28 PM

moar extended cut dlc spoilers following

Spoiler

One question though,
Spoiler
Anyway!Who is everyone's favorite background character?Mine's Matriarch Aethyta, the Asari-Krogan bartender on Illium on ME2 and the Citadel in ME3
Spoiler
She's just hilarious. :P

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#789 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 01:35 AM

Aethyta, or Lorik Qi'in. Lorik's confused interest in human culture is hilarious.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#790 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 01:13 PM

How could I forget about him? :P

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#791 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,332 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 02:41 PM

I honestly have to say Conrad Verner. I feel kinda bad that I immediately suspected that from the "autograph" conversation in ME1 that he was going to try to steal my identity, only to be proven that he was going to do exactly just that in ME2, but in a three-legged pathetic puppy kind of way.And then that scene in ME3 where you get him as a war asset is just so blindsiding, you have no where to go but "Huh."

Edited by Makaru, Jul 10 2012 - 02:41 PM.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#792 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 02:44 PM

I liked his crowning moment of awesome in 3.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#793 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 04:02 PM

I honestly have to say Conrad Verner. I feel kinda bad that I immediately suspected that from the "autograph" conversation in ME1 that he was going to try to steal my identity, only to be proven that he was going to do exactly just that in ME2, but in a three-legged pathetic puppy kind of way.And then that scene in ME3 where you get him as a war asset is just so blindsiding, you have no where to go but "Huh."

The most absurdly complicated sidequest in the game, really. And that's why I love it.I went to "Huh," then on to hysterical laughter because it required so much of you to complete it.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#794 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 05:57 PM

That Conrad Verner moment was easily one of the best sidequests in any of the 3 games.Also, that return to Earth free multiplayer DLC is true, and it's coming out next week. Also, the prothean particle rifle is now available as an ultra rare gun in multiplayer.Lastly, this week's challenge "Operation Broadside". Details:Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficultyAllied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on ANY difficultySpecial Circumstance: NoneSquad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation PackAllied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.EDIT: Wow, found a bunch of new information. Here's pictures and descriptions of all the new classes, and the guns.N7 Fury (adept/Kasumi clone): Throw, Annihilation Field, Dark ChannelFury operatives use implants to fuel biotics and their incredible movement speed. These operatives wind an unpredictable path on the battlefield, moving in and out of combat before returning to unleash a sweeping biotic attack on their unsuspecting targets.N7 Destroyer (soldier (awesome terminus armor)): Multi-Frag Grenade, Missile Launcher, Devastator ModeThe Destroyer's T5-V Battlesuit gives these strong-but-slow soldiers mech-like protection. Driven by eezo-assisted actuators, these frontline troopers carry heavy weapons onto the battlefield.N7 Demolisher (engineer): Homing Grenade, Arc Grenade, Supply PylonThe Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal reloads.N7 Paladin (sentinel (not a huge fan of the inferno armor, but whatever)): Snap Freeze, Incinerate, Energy DrainThe Paladin carries a powerful omni-shield onto the battlefield to block enemy fire. The Paladin also uses the shield as a heavy-melee weapon that, when modified with incindiery or cryo upgrades, creates a devastating combination attack.N7 Shadow (infiltrator/ex-phantom): Tactical Cloak, Shadow Strike, Electric SlashShadow infiltrators use implants to dramatically improve agility, making them slippery combatants on the battlefield. Their monomolecular blades are a menace from cover and close range.N7 Slayer (vanguard/Kai Leng?): Phase Disruptor, Biotic Charge, Biotic SlashSlayers use implants to dramatically improve mobility. Their dizzying sword attacks can hit multiple opponents, and the Slayer's ability to slip fire makes them hard to pin down on the battielfield.And here's the guns: Gun 1Gun 2Gun 3 (pistol)Also, there's a platinum difficulty now.~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas, Jul 10 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#795 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 06:56 PM

So, some single player DLC coming soon. Honestly I can't decide if I can muster a care. We'll see.Also I find the Shepard breathing thing at the end of the Destroy ending to be a bit disturbing. Is it weird that it bothers me? I just think it's ridiculous that it suggests he could survive reentry. Also, in that ending EDI is dead. D:

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#796 Offline Xaeraz

Xaeraz
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,075 posts

Posted Jul 10 2012 - 07:08 PM

It's an amusing idea, actually. If Shep can survive reentry in Earth's atmosphere, what was in Alchera's atmosphere that made it kill them?E: Oh my lord, this new pack looks beautiful.

Edited by Sovreign-Class Xaeraz, Jul 10 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#797 Offline Bio D

Bio D
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,935 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2012 - 02:26 AM

It's possible the Catalyst/Crucible had an escape pod/shelter of some kind to protect the user, which Shepard couldn't use in the other endings, being dead and all.

#798 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 11 2012 - 08:18 AM

I am now excited for the new MP pack!Cool classes and I really like that Asari pistol!

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#799 Offline VBBN

VBBN
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,845 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2012 - 11:02 AM

FOR ANYONE WANTING TO BEAT REAPERS ON GOLDI have beaten reapers on gold on Firebase white countless times, I did it roughly 10-15 times last night already with my team. However I am willing to help anyone who requires assistance. Our basic strategy is to camp in the back of the room. However, you will NOT waste ammo or equipment. Basically, here is our strategy:Three people sit behind the barrier that looks down the hallway. One person sits behind the barrier to the left. That person is one of my friends who had a particle rifle(we all have it, but for my role I do not use it) He sits and uses it against enemies with armor.I play as a justicar. I place down a bubble in front of the barrier. Anything in that bubble gets destroyed by biotic explosions. The other two people nexto me play as Phoenix adepts or human male adepts. It's essentially biotic explosion cluster, but barely anyone ever goes down, and all you have to use is your powers. Objective rounds can get annoying, but we manage. Banshees are NOT a problem. Since three people are behind one barrier, the banshess 98% of the time target us. The thing is, they CANNOT get past that barrier, they just sit there while we explode them and it works very well.I promise you this works, we used to do white on geth until we realized this is actually BETTER and easier. last night every game ran a time of 26-28 minutes. If you want help with this, send me a friend request, my gamertag is Toxic White. Send me a message saying "help with reapers gold" And I'll queue you for a game with us, you will get your pack, I can assure you that.

#800 Offline Derpman!

Derpman!
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,113 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hey, I was wondering how do you get more then 2 supply bonuses (medi-gel, missile launchers, ammo packs, op packages) in co-op. I know you can get five, even in Silver, which strikes me as slightly overpowered, but handy. Do you need a certain amount of each type in stock? If so, how many?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users