Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

Demo was rather interesting, although I expected more.It also looked rather raw and unfinished. Some of the conversations lacked moving mouths.Also, my custom femShep's left upper eyelid clipped a lot. >.<

Controls felt kinda off, too...Didn't bother customizing my Shepard (aside from the background and naming him Fluttershy), though.
19704_s.gif

Demo was rather interesting, although I expected more.It also looked rather raw and unfinished. Some of the conversations lacked moving mouths.Also, my custom femShep's left upper eyelid clipped a lot. >.<

Controls felt kinda off, too...
It felt weird to use space for doors etc.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

xD I see.Yeah, movement felt a bit off. I guess I just need to get used to the new situation.And woot, I could use my trusty old Mattock!

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Eeyup.Also to those who played the ME3 demo. Did those levels feel short to you? They did to me.

f9Qcky7.png

Even though I would like an infiltrator alien species more, another alien I would like to have is the asari adept. Adept may be my worst class, but using stasis on phantoms would solve all my problems.I hate phantoms. I hate them so much.Also, I love being a drell vanguard and using normal melee. NINJA KICKS TO THE FACE!~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Even though I would like an infiltrator alien species more, another alien I would like to have is the asari adept. Adept may be my worst class, but using stasis on phantoms would solve all my problems.I hate phantoms. I hate them so much.Also, I love being a drell vanguard and using normal melee. NINJA KICKS TO THE FACE!~U_K~

lolphantomsPhantoms and Atlases ugh. I've never gotten past the 10th wave because it's almost always KILL THESE 4 ATLASES IN 2 MINUTES WHILE ALL THESE PHANTOMS ARE KILLING YOU.
19704_s.gif

Phantoms are the worst, that stupid crouch that makes them immune to biotics wants to make me smash stuff. Atlases are pretty easy to get rid of. Rockets work wonders, and if you don't have any, overload and warp spam are fairly effective too.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

So recently I've been kind of wanting to buy both Mass effect games(Not Mass Effect 3 though, unfortunately, I am never ever using Origin under any circumstances).Are the games worth the fact that they're published by EA?~ELM~

The first one is the best, hands down despite the issues it might have. the first game was published by Microsoft Game Studios. I believe EA became their publisher after realizing how big the first one was. Achievements actually had some effects on gameplay as well. I don't believe the second did.I seriously hope the third game rectifies the problems in the second one. Meaning adding the RPG elements they took away. That's the major problem I had with the second one. Seriously I'm angry about how you're armor had no stats, it was just for looks mostly. That and I loved the massive stats that let you really specify what you wanted for your characters.So if they could combine the gameplay of the first and second I will be happy.I still would recommend the series it's loads of fun and if you like a reasonably good story in your game it's a great series. The biggest thing is the fact your decisions affect the world. So a species you saved in the first will come back to aid you in the third...hopefully.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Story in the first one is fantastic. Gameplay is very meh, but the story is more than enough to push you through the whole game. The second has much better gameplay and character development, but the story as a whole is a little underwhelming. Achievements add to the game, so it's worth it to play through the games a few times each, and decisions carry over from one game to the next, which increases the immersion. It's a really good series, and despite my wariness of Origin, I'll probably get 3 for PC at some point.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

So recently I've been kind of wanting to buy both Mass effect games(Not Mass Effect 3 though, unfortunately, I am never ever using Origin under any circumstances).Are the games worth the fact that they're published by EA?~ELM~

I don't know how worth it they'd be if you had no plans to get ME3, honestly. They're a cohesive trilogy and just getting 1 and 2... You know you could buy a physical copy, and you'd just need Origin to activate it? You could uninstall Origin immediately after.Multiplayer is rocking. Phantoms are pretty frustrating, but now that overload has been buffed to take out barriers and stun enemies they aren't too hard for my Engineer. True, it doesn't fully stun Phantoms, but I think it slows them a little. Plus, Overload can't be dodged.I think... I think I played for eleven hours yesterday. The only way to describe what I was feeling is to say, it felt like my face was bleeding darkness. I don't really know what that means but I think it is appropriate.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I don't know how worth it they'd be if you had no plans to get ME3, honestly. They're a cohesive trilogy and just getting 1 and 2... You know you could buy a physical copy, and you'd just need Origin to activate it? You could uninstall Origin immediately after.
Yeah, I suppose i could do that. . . . . . . . .

The first one is the best, hands down despite the issues it might have. the first game was published by Microsoft Game Studios. I believe EA became their publisher after realizing how big the first one was. Achievements actually had some effects on gameplay as well. I don't believe the second did.I seriously hope the third game rectifies the problems in the second one. Meaning adding the RPG elements they took away. That's the major problem I had with the second one. Seriously I'm angry about how you're armor had no stats, it was just for looks mostly. That and I loved the massive stats that let you really specify what you wanted for your characters.So if they could combine the gameplay of the first and second I will be happy.I still would recommend the series it's loads of fun and if you like a reasonably good story in your game it's a great series. The biggest thing is the fact your decisions affect the world. So a species you saved in the first will come back to aid you in the third...hopefully.
Okay.I think I probably will get them then.~ELM~EDIT: BTW, does Mass Effect 2 have any DRM for the singleplayer? Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Did a test run on ME3's multiplayer. More fun than I was expecting, and it runs quite well on my laptop, so I'm happy. Anyone else playing on PC? I wouldn't mind getting a round or two going in a few days (traveling/busy today, tomorrow, and Saturday).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

YES! I HAVE MY SALARIAN INFILTRATOR! It's funny too, because after the next game, I then got a turian sentinal as well.I must say though, I was worried that I wouldn't like the Salarian's powers as much as the human infiltrator's, but boy was I wrong. The Salarian's powers are much better. I'm almost at level 20 with my infiltrator, so I almost have the max amount of points I want.Proximity mine is great. It may do less damage than the sticky grenade, but I can fire it in a straight line and I have an infinite amount of them. It helps that I can use it as a trap as well. And shield drain is amazing as well. It's basically the same as overload, but I get shields too. Not to mention it works on phantoms. I'm no longer scared of them anymore. On bronze, I can easily take down an atlas in like 30 seconds, with combinations of all 3 of my powers and my sniper. And also on bronze, I just go invisible, use shield drain on a phantom, and for the half a second that I'm still cloaked, I can 1 shot the phantom. Now all I need is the widow, and my infiltrator will be the best that he can be.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I'll probably be on PC later tonight playing if anyone wants to do a round; drop me a message or just add me on Origin (BoltGSR).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Just read a fascinating article.Why Mass Effect Is The Most Important Science Fiction Universe Of Our Generation.

f9Qcky7.png

some voice lines from the Collector's Edition DLC character are apparently in the demo files

THE PROTHEAN IS JAMIACAN, MON

More like South or West African, but still pretty amusing. He sounds much better when he's not yelling.

Just read a fascinating article.Why Mass Effect Is The Most Important Science Fiction Universe Of Our Generation.

Just read that article, and I have to agree with the points it makes, especially in the field of Cosmicism.I really do think Mass Effect is the pinnacle of a video game outranking the narrative possible in a film or novel.

some voice lines from the Collector's Edition DLC character are apparently in the demo files

THE PROTHEAN IS JAMIACAN, MON

Just looked that up, I like his voice. It's refreshing.

Hey, I just read that too. It pretty much sums up why I like Mass Effect so much, though I admit I never thought about the philosophical aspects so much. My favorite part of Mass Effect has always been the race politics, which is a major reason I'm so excited for ME3, since it looks like getting the species to get along will be more important than ever.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Hey, I just read that too. It pretty much sums up why I like Mass Effect so much, though I admit I never thought about the philosophical aspects so much. My favorite part of Mass Effect has always been the race politics, which is a major reason I'm so excited for ME3, since it looks like getting the species to get along will be more important than ever.

It's definitely a fun part of the universe, and one I'm looking forward to seeing explored in ME3. There's also an ME fic idea I've got percolating that involves that pretty heavily, but I'm waiting until ME3 to see how things go there.

Multiplayer can be ridiculously nerve wracking. Static, one of his friends and I were trying silver with him as a human adept, his friend as an infiltrator, and me as an asari adept. We got to round 10, but everyone was dead except for me. There were only two mechs left. I had nothing but the carnifex. No rockets, medigel, shield regenerators and 1 health bar. The game consisted of me running for my life, and shooting the Atlas' when I could. I managed to do it, but we all died during the extraction. Still, it was awesome.And I just did another random silver game with my asari adept and there was an infiltrator, a human adept, and a drell vanguard. It was pretty intense, especially at the end. There were two mechs and two guardians inside the extraction point and we had all fallen, but we made it because we were all inside the circle, even though we were all down.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I like how I can go into a quick match and absolutely dominate with my female Vanguard. So fun.Speaking of Vanguards, I finally got a drell! Up until now the only characters I've gotten were humans and a turian, to the point where all my classes have full appearance customization, except for my Sentinel and Infiltrator (which are the classes I use the most... <_<)

19704_s.gif

So I downloaded the Mass effect 2 demo since I was worried that I might not be able to run Mass Effect 1(Which I'm planning on buying later today).Luckily it worked!(I was worried because n the system requirements section on ME1's steam Store page it listed a video card that apparently is better than the one the computer has right now)and it was really good, although i think i prefer ME1's UI more(I've watched my sister play it a few times). No performance issues or anything(except when I messed around with the video settings and it Black-screened on me, I fixed it by putting it in windowed mode though(Note to self: don't mess around with EA/Bioware game's video settings)~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I like how I can go into a quick match and absolutely dominate with my female Vanguard. So fun.Speaking of Vanguards, I finally got a drell! Up until now the only characters I've gotten were humans and a turian, to the point where all my classes have full appearance customization, except for my Sentinel and Infiltrator (which are the classes I use the most... <_<)

Guh, I can't stand Drell vanguards. they just don't seem tough enough to be vanguards.

Guh, I can't stand Drell vanguards. they just don't seem tough enough to be vanguards.
Actually yeah, now that I've tried him out. Maybe it's the lack of Nova, but I can't really use him effectively.Plus I hate any grenades that aren't proximity mines now that I've gotten a salarian Infiltrator.
19704_s.gif

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my goshThe Take Earth Back trailer is super duper awesome, with music by Two Steps From [][][][].

f9Qcky7.png