My entry for the new contest! Its a representation of the Zodiac sign, and also the beginning of a series I plan to carry on troughout this year.

8481592795_94dd7a1d65_b.jpg

Gallery; http://www.flickr.com/photos/johanndakitsch/sets/72157632784879869/with/8481586755/

NOTE: I forgot to add the "6" on the contest's name on the title, but I can't find a way to edit it in... Hope there's no problem with that. :P

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...

This is so much win!! I particularly like how you built the head, and the weapon is muy fantastico! Only two qualms with it though;

1- Torso is a bit on the small side

2- Hooves are also a bit bland... What you could've possibly done was to use one of the 2012 armor shells (such as the round-ish one on Evo's shoulder or the one on Bulk's knees).

Great MOC, nonetheless... Best of luck!!!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Very nice design. The parts on the legs mesh together nicely, despite some somewhat distracting contrast between the White Hero Factory shells, the Metallic White Rahkshi feet, and the Light Stone Grey Piraka shells. The posture is very unique, and yet despite its complexity and the small surface area of the hooves, the figure can balance pretty effectively (helped by the axe/club/staff).The shape of the horns is a wonderful detail. I also like the hooves, claws, and well-organized textures (with mainly framework-like textures for the Dark Red elements and smoother textures for most of the White elements). Great work overall, and good luck in the contest!

This is so much win!! I particularly like how you built the head, and the weapon is muy fantastico! Only two qualms with it though;

1- Torso is a bit on the small side

2- Hooves are also a bit bland... What you could've possibly done was to use one of the 2012 armor shells (such as the round-ish one on Evo's shoulder or the one on Bulk's knees).

Great MOC, nonetheless... Best of luck!!!

:tohu:

Thanks! Torso is a bit small indeed, but I personally kinda liked the odd proportion. As for the hooves, I didn't want to use the HF shells, they would be too big and exxagerated, and I wanted something closer to real Ram hooves.

Very nice design. The parts on the legs mesh together nicely, despite some somewhat distracting contrast between the White Hero Factory shells, the Metallic White Rahkshi feet, and the Light Stone Grey Piraka shells. The posture is very unique, and yet despite its complexity and the small surface area of the hooves, the figure can balance pretty effectively (helped by the axe/club/staff).The shape of the horns is a wonderful detail. I also like the hooves, claws, and well-organized textures (with mainly framework-like textures for the Dark Red elements and smoother textures for most of the White elements). Great work overall, and good luck in the contest!

Thank you! I see what you mean about the whites, they are indeed an issue I never quite got around... As for standing, it actually can stand without the staff as support, its just a bit harder.

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...