• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

How did you hear of BZPower?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,825 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm just going to repeat the title. How did you hear of BZPower? For me, I was just browsing the Internet for Bionicle-related stuff when I came upon it. Well, I saw stuff on the Bionicle-related wikis and saw stuff that was made by so-and-so on BZPower, but I never cared much about it until early this year.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7, Feb 19 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,916 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:50 PM

Combination of LEGO Message Boards and Google. I lurked for a few months before joining.

rotr_banner.png

#3 Offline Sybre the Mental

Sybre the Mental
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,589 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:57 PM

Years ago, I was browsing through the BIONICLE Gallery on LEGO.com (I don't look through it anymore) when I stumbled upon an MNOG Kit creation. The creator said he made the image on "bzpower". Curious, I googled it and easily found this forum. Like Sumiki, I lurked for a while before I decided to join the fun.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 11:02 PM

I found out about BS01 (I forgot how) and looked around the wiki to expand my Bionicle knowledge when I stumbled onto the article about this site when I clicked the "random page" button. I lurked around here for a long time before finally joining.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#5 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 11:17 PM

Wikia. I was looking at Kanohi pages when I saw that the masks of Undeath, Sensory Aptitude, etc. were named by BZPower. This led me here.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#6 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,227 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 11:46 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#ff0000;]I was looking for Kardas instructions and found this site. I joined a few years after I found it though...[/color][/font]

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-64-68-7046

#7 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,661 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:12 AM

I believe I first saw BZP's name on Bionicle.com. I checked it out, and have been visiting ever since. (And as almost everyone has said, I lurked for a while before joining. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#8 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:12 AM

I had been an LMB member, and after seeing an ad for here on bionicle.com I had a desire to try and make an RPG here. It miserably failed, but I'm still here. :P

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#9 Offline -Jaller-

-Jaller-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 01:45 AM

I was on BioSector (found BioSector after searching for the Toa Mahri Movie) when the MakutaFest add came on. I clicked it and found out about BZPower. Joined the next day.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna:  :matatu:  :mahiki:  :rau:  :komau:  :ruru: 

#10 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hmm, I found out about BZP ages ago, most likely also from BioSector, which I found through Googling '[something Bionicle-related] wiki'.

Didn't join though, since I wanted to maintain my 'no more than 2 forums at once'-policy, because if I try to be reasonably active on more than 2 at once, I tend to fail miserably and die. ('die' as in 'completely inactive', BTW. I'm not a zombie......... or am I? >=D )

Edited by Zeene, Feb 18 2013 - 06:31 AM.

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#11 Offline Jedi Master J.

Jedi Master J.
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Supporter of Those in Need

• 1,702 posts

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 09:12 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]Hm...I am pretty sure that I first heard of BZPower in 2004, which I believe was back when Bionicle.com actually had a link to this place on the main website (I imagine that annoyed quite a few of other Bionicle forums around at the time. So as result, LEGO removed the link to here after a year so.). [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]I didn't join though until like a year afterwards since at that point in time, I have very limited internet access since my younger brother and older sister would hog the only computer with internet in our house. Eventually when we moved, the old Gateway got internet, so I decided join a forum since I could use it and all. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]I actually originally was going to join a Star Wars forum (Thankfully I didn't do that since I probably would not got along with many people there since I personally didn't think the new trilogy was a pile of trash. But to each his own, I guess.), but my younger self was a newbie to the internet, so that didn't happened.  And well, I thought of what else I was interested in and Bionicle came to mind, so I end up "rediscovering" BZPower and had my sister help me get through sign up process. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]She asked me what username I wanted and I, being uncreative, said, "How about about Jedi Master J.? (Which was basically just me taking my first initial in my name and added Jedi Master to front of it.)"  And well, the rest is history. I been here for several years now and I personally plan to stay on this site until the end since I honestly love the community here and I really don't have anywhere else to go since this is only forum that I use regularly. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]If anything, it is only place that feel comfortable, on the internet, expressing myself really. That and well, it is the only place that I can really say I have friends in to certain degree. That's kind of sad, but it is true. But anyway, I think I said enough to answer your question about how I learn of BZPower. You got my backstory as a bonus, I guess. lol [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#ff0000;]- JMJ 2013[/color][/font]

#12 Offline Cratak

Cratak
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 09:59 PM

I think I first heard of BionicleStory.com through the Lego Message Boards back in 2010, and that got me wanting more in-depth info, which drew me to BioSector01 via Google, and then here. Although, like many above me, I didn't try to join for a little while. Unfortunately, I tried to join when the forums were down. I then proceeded to wait until March of 2012 to join.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

#13 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,348 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 12:58 AM

I found it in early 2005, through Toysrus of all things. I was looking up older sets and if you could buy them, when it linked me to BZPower. I lurked here until early 2007, when I finally joined as takadox barraki of cheese(random blue character and... I guess being like, 9 influenced that)

I remember mostly coming here for new set info, like when we got to see pics of "Ignitors" (I can't spell that) in early 2006.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#14 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 799 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 03:28 AM

google search -> bionicle -> bionicle news -> BZPower

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui

crocs.jpg

Come see my chima tribe banners here: http://www.bzpower.c...-chima-banners/

#15 Offline Krane

Krane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 328 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 07:06 AM

I was searching on BS01 and found BZP. I lurked the website for a few years before joining it and then I decided to join it. I haven't been online for 11 months after I joined BZP.

~Kranan 

~BZPRPG Profiles

Dual Matrix: Sup?

CeeCee    :  Dual, you spammer

Kranan      : Wut wut wut 

AutomationKranan plz stop

#16 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members

• 1,283 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 07:30 AM

Links from Biosector about stuff Greg made canon here and stuff like that.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#17 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,840 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 08:50 AM

[color=#990000;]Buzz section on BIONICLE.com in 2004. Bzzzzz[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#18 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 366 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 09:13 AM

I've visited this website since 2007 for the Marhi reviews and I quickly fell in love with the site, I never knew how to sign up tho. Until recently this January (I know that it took me a long time) I decided to join the community full of people who also love Bionicle/Hero Factory/Ninjago/Chima. :D

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos   Adriana<3

#19 Online Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 806 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 09:34 AM

I stalked BS01 for a while after Bionicle ended, and found a link to BZP in one of the user pages. I then lurked here for a few months, got inspired by Brickeens' and ToM's creations, and then finally joined in January of 2011.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#20 Online The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 06:17 PM

As far as I recall it was either from simply Googling Bionicle or from seeing people discussing the place on the old Lego Messageboards. I'm fairly glad I left that place.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#21 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 07:57 PM

Way back in late 2004, I believe, BIONICLE.com had some links to some fansites in the Wall of History section. One such website was BZP, which I started visiting as a guest for a year or two until I finally decided to join in late 2006. I've been stuck here ever since :P .-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(BIONICLE: The Legend Reloaded (Repost))
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 04/21/14) (Review Topic)

#22 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 08:02 PM

I saw it on Wikipedia.

#23 Offline Zeene

Zeene
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 08:10 PM

Oh, and I think a friend also mentioned something about a dedicated Bionicle-forum being a thing.

Yes, I discovered BZPower twice. Simultaneously.

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#24 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,129 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 05:04 AM

Around four years ago, when I was about 10 years old or so, I was messing around on the school computers, and decided, hey, I wonder if there's a wiki for BIONICLE. So I went to Yahoo (I was a Yahoo! guy back then) and starting searching. I found the other wiki, which had a slightly better sounding name back in the day, which, in its article on how it had been created, mentioned BS01. A month or so later, I decided to check BS01 out, and from there, I learnt of the Core War short story contest thing.

I promptly popped over here and signed up.

Never actually submitted a story though, heh.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#25 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,009 posts

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:04 AM

Found it out from my brothers about a year before I joined.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#26 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:17 AM

My mom stubled across a popular Lego blog and showed it to me.  It mentioned BZPower in a list of Lego communities and I checked it out.  I'm glad I did!

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#27 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:47 AM

I found out about a few years ago in the interview with Greg Farshtey in the back of BIONICLE Graphic Novel #7; when Greg mentioned people could ask him questions, that's when I started thinking about it, but I didn't have much access to the Internet at that time. I was a little disappointed to here about LEGO's new(ish) employee policy(you know; the one that restricts talk on forums), but I found plenty of other fun stuff to do here.:)

Cave-Story--CHAR_160w.gif

#28 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 09:12 AM

I was googling stuff about Bionicle, back in 2006 or so. Found out about BZP, and frequently lurked.

Eventually I made an account and showed up.

#29 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,004 posts

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 12:10 PM

As far as I recall it was either from simply Googling Bionicle or from seeing people discussing the place on the old Lego Messageboards. I'm fairly glad I left that place.

Googling Bionicle, huh? Glad to know I'm not the only one xD

I actually started looking at this site because of the short story "The many deaths of Toa Tuyet", if I remember right. And after some time of lurking I actually joined... one of the best decisions I ever made ^^

18_yaargh.jpg

"And this is why you should always have your plot ready in advance"

#30 Online Your Evil Friend

Your Evil Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,174 posts

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 02:17 PM

I used to Google Bionicle and guess what came up? Back when I was young I used to think they as some affiliation with the BNP which stopped me from joining in its early years. I got into Bionicle again in 2012 so I joined this lovely site.

#31 Online Kit

Kit
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 8,387 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 11:19 PM

Through a friend back in elementary school, I wasn't allowed to join websites such as this back then though, so it took me a few years after (I think 4 or so years) to actually join up, lol.

rainbow-flag2.jpgnezumixsion.jpgrainbow-flag2.jpg

#32 Offline wopup2

wopup2
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 12:24 AM

I learned about it from the old LEGO message boards.

Don't die in a fire. It hurts.

#33 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,316 posts

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 06:57 AM

BS01: The Stasis Toa contest. 

#34 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,837 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 01:25 PM

A friend of mine in elementary school was a member here and co-authored a comedy, and authored an epic. I joined to be able to comment on both. After a while I lost interest though, then made a new account when I came back.

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#35 Offline ~T11~

~T11~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,555 posts

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 02:03 AM

Many, many years ago back in '01. In a feverish search across the internet for any news on the upcoming Bionicle line, I stumbled upon a teaser for an under-construction  website called Kanohi-Power. I believe the site was partnered with the message board "BionicleZone" at the time. This was before the Kanohi-Power/BionicleZone merger, of course.  ;)

If anyone is interested, I dug up an old snapshot of the early days of Kanohi-Power.

Posted Image

Jun-9: Chapter 3 is up!

#36 Offline nusua

nusua
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,772 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 12:37 AM

Didn't I start this topic many years ago? Anyway, heard about it on the message boards.

This is an ancient fanbase. Is anyone on here even still a kid?

#37 Offline Orion Nuva

Orion Nuva
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,571 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 02:17 AM

Literally found a pic on Google.

- Jerzy

I hate you guys for drawing me back.

Hate.

Hate I say.

#38 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 215 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 03:31 PM

I heard of it via another bionicle-crazed friend of mine. Both of us were (and still are) very much interested in spriting, and he showed me the cool bionicle sprites found here. At first i just lurked around looking at the cool sprites and comics, but eventually i became interested in the other things discussed here and i joined.

Yeah I'm kinda

Not here

At all

http://chauvinistcab...deviantart.com/

I'm there though

Kinda

#39 Online Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,778 posts

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 04:34 PM

It was listed on the Bionicle website back in 2004.  I thought it was terrible.

Tried it again in 2006, it was a lot better. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#40 Offline Princess Grr

Princess Grr
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Riot Grrrl

• 8,921 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 04:59 PM

uhhh well I remember finding KanohiPower and BZC back in the day via AOL searches (oh, the days of 56 kbit/s internet), then sometime not too long after the merger i found the site again when a friend mentioned iti didn't like bzpower at first but i liked it better than its so-called competitor so i hung around for almost a year and then joined

DON'T SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO HURT OTHERS
FIGHT CORRUPT AUTHORITY

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users