How did you hear of BZPower?

Hitoshura

I'm just going to repeat the title. How did you hear of BZPower? For me, I was just browsing the Internet for Bionicle-related stuff when I came upon it. Well, I saw stuff on the Bionicle-related wikis and saw stuff that was made by so-and-so on BZPower, but I never cared much about it until early this year.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

Years ago, I was browsing through the BIONICLE Gallery on LEGO.com (I don't look through it anymore) when I stumbled upon an MNOG Kit creation. The creator said he made the image on "bzpower". Curious, I googled it and easily found this forum. Like Sumiki, I lurked for a while before I decided to join the fun.

mindeth the cobwebs

Hmm, I found out about BZP ages ago, most likely also from BioSector, which I found through Googling '[something Bionicle-related] wiki'.

Didn't join though, since I wanted to maintain my 'no more than 2 forums at once'-policy, because if I try to be reasonably active on more than 2 at once, I tend to fail miserably and die. ('die' as in 'completely inactive', BTW. I'm not a zombie......... or am I? >=D )

Edited by Zeene

iquXD5X.png

Hm...I am pretty sure that I first heard of BZPower in 2004, which I believe was back when Bionicle.com actually had a link to this place on the main website (I imagine that annoyed quite a few of other Bionicle forums around at the time. So as result, LEGO removed the link to here after a year so.).

I didn't join though until like a year afterwards since at that point in time, I have very limited internet access since my younger brother and older sister would hog the only computer with internet in our house. Eventually when we moved, the old Gateway got internet, so I decided join a forum since I could use it and all.

I actually originally was going to join a Star Wars forum (Thankfully I didn't do that since I probably would not got along with many people there since I personally didn't think the new trilogy was a pile of trash. But to each his own, I guess.), but my younger self was a newbie to the internet, so that didn't happened. And well, I thought of what else I was interested in and Bionicle came to mind, so I end up "rediscovering" BZPower and had my sister help me get through sign up process.

She asked me what username I wanted and I, being uncreative, said, "How about about Jedi Master J.? (Which was basically just me taking my first initial in my name and added Jedi Master to front of it.)" And well, the rest is history. I been here for several years now and I personally plan to stay on this site until the end since I honestly love the community here and I really don't have anywhere else to go since this is only forum that I use regularly.

If anything, it is only place that feel comfortable, on the internet, expressing myself really. That and well, it is the only place that I can really say I have friends in to certain degree. That's kind of sad, but it is true. But anyway, I think I said enough to answer your question about how I learn of BZPower. You got my backstory as a bonus, I guess. lol

- JMJ 2013

I think I first heard of BionicleStory.com through the Lego Message Boards back in 2010, and that got me wanting more in-depth info, which drew me to BioSector01 via Google, and then here. Although, like many above me, I didn't try to join for a little while. Unfortunately, I tried to join when the forums were down. I then proceeded to wait until March of 2012 to join.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

I found it in early 2005, through Toysrus of all things. I was looking up older sets and if you could buy them, when it linked me to BZPower. I lurked here until early 2007, when I finally joined as takadox barraki of cheese(random blue character and... I guess being like, 9 influenced that)

I remember mostly coming here for new set info, like when we got to see pics of "Ignitors" (I can't spell that) in early 2006.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Way back in late 2004, I believe, BIONICLE.com had some links to some fansites in the Wall of History section. One such website was BZP, which I started visiting as a guest for a year or two until I finally decided to join in late 2006. I've been stuck here ever since :P .-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Around four years ago, when I was about 10 years old or so, I was messing around on the school computers, and decided, hey, I wonder if there's a wiki for BIONICLE. So I went to Yahoo (I was a Yahoo! guy back then) and starting searching. I found the other wiki, which had a slightly better sounding name back in the day, which, in its article on how it had been created, mentioned BS01. A month or so later, I decided to check BS01 out, and from there, I learnt of the Core War short story contest thing.

I promptly popped over here and signed up.

Never actually submitted a story though, heh.

Found it out from my brothers about a year before I joined.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I found out about a few years ago in the interview with Greg Farshtey in the back of BIONICLE Graphic Novel #7; when Greg mentioned people could ask him questions, that's when I started thinking about it, but I didn't have much access to the Internet at that time. I was a little disappointed to here about LEGO's new(ish) employee policy(you know; the one that restricts talk on forums), but I found plenty of other fun stuff to do here.:)

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

As far as I recall it was either from simply Googling Bionicle or from seeing people discussing the place on the old Lego Messageboards. I'm fairly glad I left that place.

Googling Bionicle, huh? Glad to know I'm not the only one xD

I actually started looking at this site because of the short story "The many deaths of Toa Tuyet", if I remember right. And after some time of lurking I actually joined... one of the best decisions I ever made ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I used to Google Bionicle and guess what came up? Back when I was young I used to think they as some affiliation with the BNP which stopped me from joining in its early years. I got into Bionicle again in 2012 so I joined this lovely site.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Many, many years ago back in '01. In a feverish search across the internet for any news on the upcoming Bionicle line, I stumbled upon a teaser for an under-construction website called Kanohi-Power. I believe the site was partnered with the message board "BionicleZone" at the time. This was before the Kanohi-Power/BionicleZone merger, of course. ;)

If anyone is interested, I dug up an old snapshot of the early days of Kanohi-Power.

kpbiozone.jpg

• Upvote 1

Jun-9: Chapter 3 is up!

vividgon.jpg

I heard of it via another bionicle-crazed friend of mine. Both of us were (and still are) very much interested in spriting, and he showed me the cool bionicle sprites found here. At first i just lurked around looking at the cool sprites and comics, but eventually i became interested in the other things discussed here and i joined.

uhhh well I remember finding KanohiPower and BZC back in the day via AOL searches (oh, the days of 56 kbit/s internet), then sometime not too long after the merger i found the site again when a friend mentioned iti didn't like bzpower at first but i liked it better than its so-called competitor so i hung around for almost a year and then joined

bring back "an cool dude"