How did you hear of BZPower?

Hitoshura

Bionicle.com used to have a section called "The Buzz" which had a Ling to BzP and another fan site. I first found BZP through that page.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

How did I hear of this place? I wish I could remember.

It was probably from randomly getting linked here, or a google search. Like many people, I lurked for ages before becoming a member. I've been very on-and-off though, and after lots of forgetting passwords I'd say I'm here to stay. Well, I haven't been here since last year, but that's neither here nor there.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

Hm...I am pretty sure that I first heard of BZPower in 2004, which I believe was back when Bionicle.com actually had a link to this place on the main website.

So that wasn't just my imagination! Thanks a lot for confirming that, because I was sure that was how I found BZP, too; though I couldn't find any other evidence that the link had ever existed, so I thought maybe I'd just been confused at the time XD;;;

But yeah, I found BZP in early '04, too, via that link on bionicle.com. I didn't really understand what I was getting myself into at the time - I was a complete newbie to forums, only being twelve at the time - but it only took me a couple of days of browsing to decide that I wanted in. And, in hindsight, I'm glad that I did; it gave me a lot of useful internet experience I wouldn't have got otherwise - even if I did spend my first few years here just saying dumb things that I regretted later XD

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

BS01: The Stasis Toa contest.

I remember seeing you around then, good times.Anyway I found BZP looking for Bionicle fanfiction, I think it was a pretty boring day. I found a fanfic I liked that was interesting. I lurked around a bit then I found TNTOS and his stories. Then I joined, pretty boring in my opinion.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I chanced upon BZP on one of my searches for Bionicle-related stuff 6 years ago. Then I joined after a couple of months. Back then, I have never heard of such a thing as a "forum" (being only 10 at the time) and members quickly noticed my naïveté.But after some time, I've learned how to express my opinion eloquently, and generally just find new friends who shared my interests. One could say BZPower had a great influence on how I interact socially, and served as a gateway for me to eventually use social networking (in a mature manner).I used to be active then, but after the discontinuation of Bionicle, I've rarely participated in the forums (this is my first post in 7 months), but I try my best to find time and reply to topics, or share one of my MOCs. I may have a lot going on in my personal life to be able to participate here often, but the BZP community will always be near and dear to my heart.

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

various Google searches for "bionicle" led me here at a very young age. i lurked the front page and the Library and Art forums for years, as i wasn't allowed to join until much later.

Edited by Architect

My bro (IT) joined back in '02. I remember frequently looking over his shoulder and seeing him on the forums,,, I finally joined in '05.

:kaukau: -JG

toaofthenewrepublicv2jx3.gif

Toa of the New Republic ~ The Collision of Two Worlds

The body of Orkham dangling from a vine. Shamiir’s corpse, his chest nearly split in half. One by one, the bodies of his friends and squad mates flashed by till he realized the horrible truth... They were all dead but two.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,........

A long time ago I was in the Lego message boards in a very popular topic-Secret Way To Game when I heard some members talking about how if you google searched "Mata Nui Online Game" the first result (BMP) would let you play the game....getting even more interested that such games would still exist on the web I quickly did a few google searches and found that some guy had a whole bunch of Bionicle game. I stayed there for awhile then quickly found something even better-BOGA (Bionicle Online Game Archive), I then just went back to going to the Lego Message Boards and from time-to-time viewing BOGA updates. One day I decided to check out their partners and came upon BMP. I was quickly amazed by the large amount of Lego Games for download they had and stuck around there for awhile. A few months later I started giving them a whole bunch of LDD versions and they invited me to the staff the first day I joined. I heard quite a bit about BZP there and decided to check it out. I created acount but, I didn't go on it for a month. I then came back and started posting here and stuff like that.

Basically what you heard was one of the most major turns I've ever had in my internet history. From 2010-2011.

I honestly don't remember, other than lurking for 2 years.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I popped onto various topics that came up as google responses or were links in the old message boards, probably two or three times a year from 2004-2007. Then in 2008 I actually remembered the site, lurked for the entire year, and joined.

Real big adventure.

So basically...

>Google search of "Bionicle" in 2006

>Joins as "axxon06" (or something else stupid)

>Account gets deleted for no reason, or was never verified or whatever. What I know if the account doesn't get exist anymore.

>Joins after 3 more years of lurking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. Back when I was... 8 or 9 I used to google "Bionicle Comedies" and read Kurahk the Angered's Rahkshi at Home. Not sure how I got to googling that, but that's how I found BZP.

Edited by Rakun Riley

Rakun at your service!