• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Gila Monstrosity!

BBC 64

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Lord Oblivion

Lord Oblivion
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 916 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 06:24 PM

Credit to 55555 for the name idea. This MOC is for BBC #64Posted Image

(click for larger picture)Side-ish viewBack view

Gallery (when public)FlickrSo, this is a hybrid of a Gila Monster and a Snake. I pretty much had to rush and make this, and finished it by the time of the original deadline, then all of a sudden, a contest extension! I mainly left it unchanged, but I did add some extra internal pieces, and altered a few colors. This easily passes the technic to system ratio for the contest (thankfully)!I'm mainly proud of the head, and the overall shaping I got for this. There are a few places that I'm not a fan of, but I don't have unlimited resources :PC&C appreciated! And, good luck to everyone participating in the contest! It sure has been a while since we've last had one. 

Edited by Lord Oblivion, Feb 18 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Check out, and join Piece Out - Bionicle MOCists!

Posted Image

Click the banner above to go to the group Facebook page!

Flickr MOCpages Brickshelf DeviantArt

#2 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 06:45 PM

I like the claws and head. It looks very...brutish.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 07:50 PM

So much for me having a chance at winning.:P This is overall really great, the only thing I see that could need improvement is the slight gap in the hips, but I wouldn't even know how to fix it. Good luck in the contest!

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:15 PM

Nice MOC. I liked the claws and the armoring, and especially the head. Good luck, as well.

#5 Online Space: Ocean of Awe

Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 234 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 01:53 PM

So much for me having a chance at winning. :P

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Sigh. There go my hopes and dreams as well.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Though this dude really is awesome. Brilliant claws, just fits together so nicely. I especially like the forked tongue...I knew something was missing from my dude's head.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]The only problem I noticed is the connector sticking out of the disc in his side. [/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]=)[/color][/font]

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

#6 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 147 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 04:52 PM

I love this, the head is insane, and the tires on the tubes is neat!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#7 Offline JohannDakitsch

JohannDakitsch
  • Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 07:32 PM

I already said it to you, but I realy like this MOC.

Please leave a more informative post next time.

~Makaru

Edited by Makaru, Feb 20 2013 - 11:56 PM.
SPAM

The night is dark and full of terrors...

#8 Offline Tomago: Toa of Time

Tomago: Toa of Time
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,624 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 02:16 AM

Very cool. Looks like a frog that drank up some toxic waste and hulked out. lol Good stuff

~T:ToT~
Posted Image

#9 Offline Kopaka068

Kopaka068
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 03:57 PM

I really like how you utilized the Rahkshi spine piece to give the set its hunch.

bzpower_signature_by_silvaze068-d36qcex.

Meet the Great Beings!

#10 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 11:14 PM

The look it gives is very monstrous. Do you mind if I use it for my future epic?

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#11 Offline Zatano

Zatano
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 789 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 08:24 PM

Excellent moc Oblivion,your style has gotten a lot more refined since I last seen your stuff.I like the head a lot,it really makes the whole gila monster/snake thing work.The back is another thing I am really fond of,particularly the roundness of the shoulders/upperback really appeals to me.I think you did well on giving Gila Monstrosity an organic feel,so well done.I wasn't sure how I felt about the proportions at first,but I ended up really liking the unique look it gives the moc.Good luck in the contest,I bet you'll do really well!

#12 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 10:40 PM

I still think your MOC should've won. I wasn't to fond of the winner but, congrats. At least you made it to the final poll.

[color=#ff0000;]-Flaredrick: The Forgotten One[/color]

BZPRPG Profiles

#13 Offline TechnicRage

TechnicRage
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 82 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 08:32 AM

I can't beleive you didn't win it! You kept a constant colour scheme with no keetorange, and is so smooth and natural looking.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users