Gila Monstrosity!

Credit to 55555 for the name idea. This MOC is for BBC #648487536386_413206c443_n.jpg

(click for larger picture)Side-ish viewBack view

Gallery (when public)FlickrSo, this is a hybrid of a Gila Monster and a Snake. I pretty much had to rush and make this, and finished it by the time of the original deadline, then all of a sudden, a contest extension! I mainly left it unchanged, but I did add some extra internal pieces, and altered a few colors. This easily passes the technic to system ratio for the contest (thankfully)!I'm mainly proud of the head, and the overall shaping I got for this. There are a few places that I'm not a fan of, but I don't have unlimited resources :PC&C appreciated! And, good luck to everyone participating in the contest! It sure has been a while since we've last had one.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

So much for me having a chance at winning. :P

Sigh. There go my hopes and dreams as well.

Though this dude really is awesome. Brilliant claws, just fits together so nicely. I especially like the forked tongue...I knew something was missing from my dude's head.

The only problem I noticed is the connector sticking out of the disc in his side.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Excellent moc Oblivion,your style has gotten a lot more refined since I last seen your stuff.I like the head a lot,it really makes the whole gila monster/snake thing work.The back is another thing I am really fond of,particularly the roundness of the shoulders/upperback really appeals to me.I think you did well on giving Gila Monstrosity an organic feel,so well done.I wasn't sure how I felt about the proportions at first,but I ended up really liking the unique look it gives the moc.Good luck in the contest,I bet you'll do really well!