• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBC #64 Entry: Insector

BBC 64 Entry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Online The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 06:46 PM

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5769177The murderous assassin Insector. He features a wing/jetpack, arm-mounted poison dart launchers, razor shredding claws with wrist-mounted swords, an opening jaw, and I threw in some glown in the dark visorak to imitate bio luminescence. 

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#2 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 812 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 07:12 PM

The gallery is not yet public. You need to deeplink the images for anyone to see them. To do so, click on the image until it has a white background, then copy the URL to paste into the link-creator system on BZP.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#3 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,353 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 07:30 PM

Try this oneI take great pride in being able to get deep links like that. :DInteresting design, although I think it's a bit cluttered looking. The many appendages of the visorak don't help. If you want bioluminesce, I would recommend Takadox's armor or something, otherwise, I would just take them out.The head design looks cool though, I like how you attached those teeth on Krila's head. I never thought about that.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#4 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,988 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 10:19 PM

Nice job with the armor, and all those limbs. Good luck. By the way, how come it takes a while for pics on Brickshelf to be public? Mine takes only a second.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7, Feb 18 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#5 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 07:24 AM

Nice job with the armor, and all those limbs. Good luck.By the way, how come it takes a while for pics on Brickshelf to be public? Mine takes only a second.
Pics are always automatically visible to the person uploading them as long as they are logged in, but folders and image pages (except deeplinked images) will not be made visible to the general public until a Brickshelf admin reviews to make sure all content is inoffensive. Sometimes you might get lucky and upload pics to Brickshelf pic shortly before someone comes through to review recent uploads, and sometimes you will not.Anyway, this MOC is cool. The insect-like design isn't all that evident throughout-- I think more spindly legs would have helped with that-- but I love the use of the mini-Visorak. They are well-placed on the legs and I can't say I've ever seen them used on a MOC in this way.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Feb 19 2013 - 07:25 AM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#6 Online The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,225 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 11:16 AM

Thanks,

I wanted to include as many humanoid and insectoid parts as possible, but the two just don't co-exist very well. I wanted strong thighs for leaping and climbing, and Bio-luminescence really fascinates me, but I think it would work better on a fish or lizard. The visorak parts I took advantage of because of their wide range of uses (i.e. army building, or glow in the dark.). I also liked the Ben 10 lego parts and incorporated them as well, I was originally goind to use the omnitrix/breast plate parts for armor, but it didn't flow very well. That's why the lower set of arms look really weak. It was kind of hard to have the inika-like parts work with hero factory. The mahri hahli wings I had 4 of and positioned them opposite each other and I utilized the claw for some back armor. The teeth were a last ditch idea for some originality, I noticed how some insects could oped their jaws different ways, such as sideways, vertically, and one after the other, so I threw in some teeth. Also, in a stop motion I am planning on doing, Insector is the leader/creator of the brain crawlers (Krika's head. Duh!). I will link the basic script idea from the fan fiction area at a later date.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#7 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 06:14 PM

The second pair of arms are a bit too bulky, and your gallery is still not public.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users