RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Rick

Rick used his master of CQC combat and stealth to perform lethal takedowns. He slashed the trolls with his sword and dagger, making a mess of himself as he goes on. He then put away his sword and took out his spear. He threw it at a troll; head shot in the forehead. He then jumped on the spear, dislodged it, then hit it behind the head with the tip of the spear. He then took out his sword again, continuing with his rampage.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

Grimpen moved towards the Captain, cleaving trolls left and right; he wasn't one of the best soldiers Lord D'Warrow had under his command for nothing, after all. He walked over to the Captain and raised his battle-axe. The Captain tried to run away, but he was too late. Grimpen grabbed his axe and began to spin in a circle, killing trolls left and right. He then leaned down and picked up a long, red cape. He smiled, and put it on his armor. He moved through the vast horde of trolls and soldiers, beheading any troll that was in his way.

Edited by Canis

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Grimpen walked through the crowd slowly, but then saw one man slaying both trolls and men. He charged at him and saw he was holding a mystical dagger. He tackled the man and knock the dagger out of his hand. He picked him up by the scruff of his neck and said, in his cold, merciless voice, "Where did you get that demon blade?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Benjamin GrimpenGrimpen towered over Rick and said, "Never use it in front of me again, less you want it driven through you." He then turned back to the battle and sliced more of the trolls. The troll's forces were numbered, and the one cried something in their tongue. The other trolls began to run away, back into the caves. Grimpen yelled, "Do not pursue." Some warriors wanted to, but held back. Grimpen then headed back to his rooming, chain-mail clanking, cape billowing. He entered and said, "Jack, my axe needs cleaning. It has troll blood on it. I wouldn't want it to get stained."

Edited by Canis

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Rick McFly

"Crazy man, he doesn't know what real power is. Or the fact what I've been through." Rick starts leaving Under-Hall. "The power within the Dagger of War is strong, but too much could kill me. Legend has it the Dagger of War was forged by a mad wizard, and gave it to Basil for his use during the war. The wielder is boosted to the peak of one's physical ability, but also turns them in a blind rage, due to the adrenaline rush one is having. Even those who have been killed by this blade, contribute to the power of the blade. I may have not found what other secrets this blade holds, but this blade is the only one that can help me kill Basil the Bat Lord. I must not use this blade to much, for I may go mad." He walks through the land passing the Troll Fields. "My task is still as it stands, and anyone who follows him will suffer his same fate."

IC: Meredith Black

Meredith heard an incessant knocking at her door, and got up to open it. She found one of her friends at the door. She said, "Meredith! Where have you been? The midnight gala has already begun! Why, you are not changed! Did you forget about the ball?" Meredith said, "Oh, silly me. I forgot. Just give me some time to get changed." Meredith closed the door, and fell against it. She groaned. She had just been out running around, killing troll captains, and now she had to go to a dance? She got changed and ran to the ballroom. Many lights were blazing, and one man said to Meredith, "I wondered when you would get here. May I have this dance?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Under-Hall)

"Ohhh the battle it be over,

kinda like my dog Rover,

And hey! Yes, we've won today

so come along, let me hear you say

'Another victory to add to the lore,

for our enemies, we've shown them the door,

Tralalalala-ha-ha-ha!

Tralalalala-ha-ha-ha!'"

Of course, as soon as the fight had ended, Blake was off on a victorious song, fingers flying across his lute, happily singing to the crowd of the largest tavern in the Under-Hall, The Creaky Door.

This was a common scene when the Bard was around, but quite uncommon in general due to the natures of Blake's travels. So, most of the knights were there, singing along with Blake as he played.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Should we ask LoAB if that should be the default magic system? (written backwards)

OOC: Eeeh, I don't really want a default magic system. If other people want to do it other ways they should be allowed to to add a bit more character to their...well, character

IC: The crowds of Nethcrossers, both warriors stained with the recent battle and civilians just now poking their heads out the door, were urged aside by knights in the double-axe livery of House D'Warrow.

"Make way for the Earl!"

Sure enough the lord Felix was inspecting the scene, drawn by the sound of battle in his domain.

"Excellent work sirrah Benjamin," the Earl said in his distinctive purring voice, "Though I do wish you had left at least one alive. I would dearly love to know what sections of the tunnels they have breached."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Should we ask LoAB if that should be the default magic system? (written backwards)

OOC: Eeeh, I don't really want a default magic system. If other people want to do it other ways they should be allowed to to add a bit more character to their...well, character

OOC:

Well, that works out somewhat nicely.

Grimpen bowed and said, "To tell the truth, my lord, I did try to. The miserable trolls retreated once they saw they were loosing the battle." He stood back in the cavern where the battle had occurred after Jack had cleaned his armor off. He turned to observe the remains of the battle. There really was not much to see, to be honest. Just the bodies of the attacking force of orcs; the human remains had already been removed, and were to be buried shortly.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Grimpen bowed and said, "Yes my Lord. My party shall set out in twenty minutes." Grimpen walked back to his lodgings and said, "Jack, prepare food for several people to last several days. Then, grab your sword and lantern. We're going into the mines." Grimpen then continued to the Creaky Door, and opened it. He smiled on the fact the Under-Hall was both a small city and a large palace. He walked to the center, got onto a chair, and swung his armored hands together. This made a rather loud noise, and all other sounds ceased. Grimpen said, "I am about to lead an expedition in the mines of Nethcross to track down the remaining troll forces. Anyone want to accompany me?" Many soldiers grabbed their weapons, lifted them into the air and cheered.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (The Creaky Door)

"An expedition, you say?"

Out of nowhere, it seemed, came Blake, who suddenly appeared before Grimpen without warning. Startling, to say the least.

Undeterred by whatever Grimpen's reaction was, the Bard continued.

"I'll come with you on this expedition, yes indeed. After all, some of these soliders have had a bit too much mead, and I feel that this will slow ye. I also feel that as I'm the reason the large amounts of mead were ingested, for my songs and my tales often come along with drink and meal. So, as it now stands, you're stuck with me!"

The minstrel grinned at the knight, a strange-some would call it crazy- gleam in his eyes.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

After gathering the only three knights in the bar that were still sober, Grimpen left the Door with Blake. The party stopped at Grimpen's lodgings and picked up Jack, who held a long pole that had a lantern on the end, along with seven bags containing food. The party of six went to the scene of the battle, and Grimpen saw blood stains on the ground. He stood up and said, "One troll is bleeding. We can follow the trail."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Battle Scene)

"Ah, tracking a troll only by a trail of blood... Can't say I've ever done anything like this, though the closest would be following a hound out of the Blasted Wastes."

The Bard stood to the side, close enough to see and hear what was happening but not so near that he'd get in the way. Tracking wasn't one of his talents, not when he didn't know exactly where the tracked target was going.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Jack held his pole so the lantern was over the blood stains. The party of six continued to walk, and Grimpen said, "It shall be a while until we reach the location of the troll." After walking for nearly two hours, Jack said, "Perhaps we should break." The party sat down, and began to rest.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick enters the shop of a blacksmith. He asks the blacksmith a riddle. "Do you have a case full of trolls and fools?" The blacksmith looks at him strangely. "Your friend at Under-Hall sent me." The blacksmith then shows an expression filled with joy. "I am Horatio Grager, and you are?" The blacksmith asks. 'I'm Rick, Rick McFly." Rick says shaking his hand. "Well then we can't be seen here. Let us speak somewhere more privately."

IC: Blake (Camp)

The minstrel has been quietly humming to himself for most of the walk, occasionally pulling out a battered notebook (Made of little extra sections of parchment that he's collected over the years) and refering to it or writing down a snippet. Now that they're resting, he shoves a cracker into his mouth from his satchel and pulls out his lute, playing different note combinations and either wincing or smiling after each one.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC:

Who's Kraven?

Grimpen waved his hand at Blake to stop playing and listened. He heard the sound of trolls bickering among themselves. He picked up his sword, and Jack drew his own, short blade. The three knights picked up their swords and shields, and Blake grabbed a blade of his own. Grimpen pushed Jack forward with his axe, and Jack understood. He was to scout out the situation.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Jack Storm

Storm looked at the trolls and saw they were in a camp, just like his own. He took his blade, and started to go back, when a troll found him. Before the troll could respond, Jack butchered it. He then decided to test himself, and jumped into the camp, and started to quickly kill the trolls. Grimpen, Blake and the rest cam out, and Grimpen scowled at Jack.

OOC:

Leave one troll alive.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: The trolls who attacked the Under-Hall were apparently just the recon. Scouts who had gotten a bit over-enthusiastic. These trolls were the real warriors. They would not be so easily dispatched.

Storm's second taget went down, but by then he had lost the element of surprise. His sword was parried by one of the massive scimitars the trolls preferred as weapons and it lashed out with a kick. Trolls, even the smaller ones, were much stronger than their human counter-parts, and often just as skilled. This wouldn't be butchery, it would be a proper battle

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Blake (Battle)

"Let. Battle. Fuuuury rise! Let. It. Be overrrrsized!

But don't forget, to keep some control

We don't need our headsssss to roll!

Let. The. Batttttle start! Let. Us. Strike fearrrr, into hearts!"

The Ballad had quickly tumbled from Blake's mouth as he began to fight, grinning devilishly as Rebirth flashed through the air. He was locked in a duel with one of the trolls, moving so that this certain troll would be the only one he had to worry about. Blake had needed to divert his attention once or twice to other trolls that attempted to slice open his back, but a strong slice had chased them off for the moment. They'd be back however, and so he knew that he'd need to at the least disarm this one.

The fight continued, neither gaining the upper hand as the Battle-Ballad echoed throughout the clashing of swords.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Benjamin GrimpenGrimpen grabbed Jack and shoved him at the tunnel the group came through. He said, "Run. Get backup." Grimpen then swung his axe into some trolls, and laughed as the trolls blade clinked off of his armor. He killed all the trolls near him, and yelled, "My armor is made of the finest alloy available. Your blades cannot scratch it."IC: Matthew FormiganAfter two hours of riding through the Blasted Wastes, Formigan and Will Rickon had encountered amnesiac knights, insane pyromancers and a couple magic wielding squirrels. The last ones were more pests than actual threats.

Storm ran through the tunnels, holding a torch he had grabbed from the trolls. He leaned up against a wall to catch his breath and knew it would be a long time until he reached the Under-Hall. "Unless, of course I use that one secret tunnel.."., he thought. He ran to a side of rock, and knocked against it in a certain pattern. It slid to the side, and Jack stepped in.

IC: Meredith Black

Meredith opened up the door to her room and walked in. She had seven suitors, yet she could never settle down. She was an assassin, not your ordinary lady of the castle. The only person that knew her secret was Alex, and she wanted to keep it that way.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick and Grager enter a secret room that is concealed as a regular wall; it only opens when you lift an anvil that sits on a table. In this secret room holds a table and a bookcase holding folders of files, books, and cases holding secret info. Horatio grabbed a case from the bookcase. He opened it and laid it's contents on the table. It was a map to the mines of Under-Hall, and another paper containing the list of known people working for Basil. "Here you go my friend. I knew someday someone would come and take this." Rick analyzed the contents of the map. It showed an array of markings indicating the troll parties in the mines. All spread out not to far from each other. The radius of each camp site could be no more than a few 50 feet. "I knew something was up in that troll rampage over there at Under-Hall. But that doesn't matter. With this list I'll kill all those who work for Basil, and him. Soon my revenge will be complete." Rick said looking now at the list.

While Rick was looking at the list, he felt fear and hesitation in his body, he then began to reach for a pair of knives under the desk. "Well, I see you are very interested in Basil, perhaps you should let me help you in ending it!" Horatio threw a knife at Rick, but he dodge it, scraping a few hairs off. He then charged at Rick with the other knife, making a war cry in the process. Rick counter attacked his jab. He hit his elbow with a hard blow, then punching him in the chest. He then kicked the knife up into the air, grabbed it, then lodging it in his throat.

Seeing that he was serving Basil, he left him in the pool that he had created. He then sealed the passage to the room. Leaving Aenkia and back to Under-Hall to kill his first victim.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

OOC:

Dude, what the Znap? Change your post now. Storm is the farthest thing from being a known ally of Basil. You are meta-gaming at its finest, and I have plans for how Jack will reveal his alliance with Basil. Besides, you couldn't kill him without my permission, which you wouldn't get. (Yes, I used a DARPG fake-swear.)

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Grimpen's axe collided with the trolls, cleaving those he hit into two. Even those with the best ability had were only small threat to Grimpen. He then leaned over and picked up a one of the trolls scimitars. He attacked a troll with it, and it found it was other a rather great density. He would try to find a sorcerer to enchant it.

Jack entered the outpost and found one man, the symbol of a bat and a small waterway. The man stood up and said, "Do you want to go to The Creaky Door?" Jack nodded and grabbed a small plank, just big enough to sit on, and put it in the waterway. The raft began to move forward, and Jack jumped on it. After twenty minutes, he found himself in another cavern. This one was much larger and had more people and furniture. Jack climbed up a set of stairs and ran through the bar. He ran into one man in a cloak and knocked him over. Jack saw a map of the Mines of Nethcross, grabbed it and said, "Where did you get this?"

OOC:

Just to be clear, he ran into Rick.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Battle)

Meanwhile, over there where those swords are clashing and flashing, was Blake,still locked in battle with that first troll.

Perhaps the reason he wasn't faring as well against the troll as Grimpen did was simply his lesser skill, or Grimpen's above average skill, or possibly that the one that he was fighting was the leader of this strike team.

Whatever the reason, the battle raged on. Blake had stopped singing to conserve his breath by now, though the slightly crazed smile upon his face told all around that the ballad continued within his head.

With a mighty, final clash of the weapons, the troll's blade was sent flying out of his grip by Rebirth, who was instantly swung up by Blake to rest at the troll's throat.

"Do you cede, Troll?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Grimpen sliced through the trolls and saw that only twenty trolls were still alive. He cleaved through three of them in a second or two and said to Blake, "Need a little help over there?" He then raised his axe and brought it down onto one of the trolls. The three knights were fighting well, but Grimpen exceeded their might by far.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Sorry, I forgot to post for a while.

IC: "There is the top of the ruins, we should be there in about ten minutes." Ten minutes later, the duo were in the center of the ancient ruins. "Okay... one step forward, two left, diagonal left, back two, and... voila!" Will unearthed a trapdoor that had been hidden under a thick layer of dust. He opened it, and climbed down, saying, "No one has been down here, its safe. I will need a lot of help pulling up all these books."