RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

The troll captain was talking. Grimpen grabbed his pack and saddled the horse. Jack came up to him and asked, "Where are you going?" Grimpen said, "Up north. I'm going to get my scimitar enchanted." His horse began to trot forward, riding out of the Under-Hall. He came along the road, carrying the scimitar and his axe. He needed a vacation.

IC: Jack Storm

Storm saw Grimpen leave and went down to the small bat base. He informed his allies on the assassin who was killing the agents of Basil. Then he said, "He seemed to have a list on the agents. I'm not on it, so we can't tell who is and who is not. He just killed Otto Lor'ta, so he must be headed to Watsmaet. After all, Otto had a letter to one of our agents there. We must stop him."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Rick

Rick ran as fast as he could, looking back to see how far away the beast was. When he looked ahead of him, he saw a gorge coming up. It split the path in half and who knows how far wide it is. He braced himself for the worst and jumped. He got out his sword and slammed it into the rock face. He clung for dear life. He looked back above him and saw the demonic eyes of the beast, looking down on him waiting to move.

OOC: Good thing they don't know about the first kill, and I'm going to start playing as my second character now.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:

They know about both Lor'ta and Grager.

With the turban covering his face, he set out with a large troop of Basil's agents. They were riding to Watsmaet, to try and stop the coming assassination. There were four lords it could be, so they had to protect them all.

The knight heard the soft notes of someone humming and playing a lute coming from father down the road. He road his horse, and found Blake the Bard at a campfire. Grimpen jumped off his horse, and sat down across from Blake. Blake stopped and Grimpen started clapping. He said, "Hello Blake. We meet again after our encounter in Nethcross."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick made his way up the cliff, not looking back at the beast that was there. He made it up and started running as fast he could, then he heard a loud thump. It could only mean that the beast has managed to jump over the gorge. It was now or never, he took out his sword and reached for his dagger. "Time to let it rip." He unsheathed the dagger and turned around towards the beast. He ran towards it, rage filling his body. He then jumped into the air, ready to pierce the beast.

Grimpen unsheathed the troll scimitar and said, "I got this off a troll I killed. I want to enchant it, so I'm looking for a good enchanter up near the Falcon's Roost. As well, I needed a vacation. Where are you going?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

The swords went through the beast, dead in an instant. Rage flowed through his body, he wanted more. But then he remembered what happened in Under-Hall, so he then sheathed the dagger, and the rage stopped. He continued walking, when he walked up a hill he saw Watsmaet. "Time find Deck Gorfe. And the gunpowder." He ran down the hill towards the entrance of Watsmaet. He entered the Watsmaet and began his search.

IC: Kraven

Kraven lurked in the trees of the troll lands. He saw a wild hog prancing its way towards his trap. "That's right little piggy. A little closer now."

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

OOC:

Meredith didn't want any gunpowder- she was saying Rick should get him for himsel.

Storm looked up and saw Watsmaet. The party ran and started assigning roles to themselves. One said, "We're forgetting Gorfe." Storm said, "Gorfe! He's not so likely to have been in the letter, but we should put at least two at his door." Jack moved and got at his post, protecting Lord Marrow with three others. He had no exposed skin, so he could not be recognized.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Grimpen said, "Perhaps you should accompany me to the Falcon's Roost. I could use some company on the way. It is a long way to the Roost." He opened up his pack and took out a flank of lamb. He grabbed a couple of sticks, cut the bark off them and put to with a Y shape on opposite sides of the fire. He stabbed the flank through one and put it in the cross section of the Y. He looked up and said, "Want some?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

To not cause suspicion, Rick put on his cloak and made his way to find Gorfe. He asked local shopkeepers if they knew where he was. One of the shopkeepers pointed to a door where two men were guarding it. "Looks like I'm too late." Then he remembered Miss. Black say about the gunpowder. "Do yo have any gunpowder?" "Why yes I do." The shopkeeper handed him a small bomb sized explosive. He payed the shopkeeper and made his way to an alley. "Only way to kill him if I kill the guards, run into the room, kill him, and make my way out. But I need a disguise." He then headed towards an armory, there he bought some armor and a helmet to conceal himself. He put on the armor and walked past the door leading into Gorfe's room. Unknow to the guards he had just lit the explosive and left it right there next to each other. 'BOOM' the explosive went off. He ran inside the room, took out his sword and killed Gorfe. He then exited out the back, like nothing even happened.

Grimpen took the flank of the roasting pike and cut some off for Blake. He stabbed it with a stick and gave it to Blake. He pulled the stick out of his and grasped the bone. He bit into it, and said to Blake, "So what do you say about coming with me to the Roost?"

IC: Matthew Formigan

Formigan yelled to Will, "How's your spell coming?! I can't find anything about necromancy of note in here!" He turned the page and said, "I found the summoning spell. Let's see- loyal to summoner, can be killed in same ways as a normal human, very exhausting and oh- that's bad. They can't be un-summoned. We have to kill them. I will try to make a counter spell, but my lightning shield is fading fast. Will do what you need to NOW!"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick walked away from Watsmaet and heading back in the same direction as he did, when he entered. "Now off to Dunnor. Maybe the next village I head to along the way, will a messenger take it. Seeing that I had to kill this one."

IC: Kraven

The hog ensnared itself in the trap. Kraven then stabbed it with his knife, killing it for dinner. "This should feed four men." He then hid the body in his secret stash of 'loot'. Ten bodies were in there. Hogs, chickens, lamb, and many others. The day was almost over, he had to make his final kill, then head back to the camp with the rest of the bodies.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

OOC: A quick note, but I'd really rather prefer it if you removed references to gunpowder. It doesn't exist yet in Albion. Gunpowder generally makes knights and castles rather pointless so for now its not allowed

Oh and Flaredrick could you please stop having your character jumping instantly across large expanses of land? And having him instantly kill anything in his path. I'm sure you'd have more fun if you actually made things a challenge for yourself and gave yourself a chance to do some meatier role-playing

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Matthew Formigan

Formigan said, "Erit ewar akar!" and his knife lit up with lightning. Matthew killed the remaining zombies with it and grabbed Will. He started to pull him back to the surface, but saw the book. He looked up and said, "Ranglar." The book burst into flames, and Matt hoisted Will onto his shoulders. He exited the ruins, and set up a small camp a good distance away from it. He lit a fire with magic, and had the ice golems deliver the scrolls to the camp.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Camp)

"Aye, why not. I haven't shared a story with the men up there in a month or two."

Taking the meat, the minstrel just ripped off pieces with his fingers and pooped them into his mouth, relishing the juices and freshness. It was doubtful he'd get another meal like this until they reached the Roost, after all.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Ben finished his meat and pulled out a blanket. He laid it down, and grabbed another, along with a pillow. He made a small bed and said, "I'll take first watch. You go to sleep." He put his axe down next to his bed and sat on the blankets, keeping an eye out for any movement.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Just as Rick walks through the forest, he is ambushed by a group of eight people. Judging by their looks, they are Forestmen. They are holding axes, spears, swords and daggers. "Well I guess you guys won't let me go through." Then one of the men threw a dagger at him, he dodges it and takes out his sword. "So that's how it is. Fine by me."

IC: Blake (Camp)

"Aye."

The minstrel cracked his neck once, lay out his mats and blankets, and got comfortable, letting himself slip into a zone of half-sleep. Not entirely asleep, yet, but soon. Rebirth was but an inch or so away from his still-gloved hand, and the lute lay on his other side.

Indeed, it didn't get much better than this. Sleeping under the stars, with a roaring fire at your back and companion watching so that you didn't have to worry about waking up with a troll breathing in your face. (That wasn't one of Blake's more pleasent experiences.)

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Grimpen sat on his blankets, holding a small hourglass to keep the time. After six hours, he would hand control over to Blake. After that, Grimpen would get some sleep. Once Blake's six hours were over, they would get on their horses and continue their journey to the Falcon's Roost. Grimpen's axe was lying next to him, and he kept a watchful eye out. Then, he saw movement down one end of the road. He picked the axe up, and started to walk forward. He saw a man on a horse, who saw him and was shocked. The man jumped off his horse and said, "I am a wandering salesman. I travel at night so I can get places in the morning and set up shop quickly. May I interest you in a small potion that increases one's senses tenfold?" Grimpen said, "Scam someone else. Sell your water in the next town." The salesman left the campsite and sat back down. Nearly six hours had passed. There was still some time left.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I would like to join this show here yonderabouts. :) Sounds like fun. Name: "Stacey" (real name unknown)Gender: FemaleAppearance: Short and stocky, covered in dirt from the woods, hair short and ragged and tied back all the time. Wears an outfit composed of woven flax.Personality: Tough, but sensitive to life. Refuses to kill.Alliegance: (If any) ForestmenWeaponry: Carries two slings, one short and one long, and a sharp wooden needle. The long sling looks like a belt. Skills: Sling shooting, sewing, minor magic skill of speaking with animals, stealthBiography: Stacey has lived her entire life in the forest. Abandoned as a child, she was forced to fend for herself, eating wild berries and drinking river water. She has always be able to speak with animals, and recently she has been able to learn from the Forestmen and other people who have entered her lands, including her skills of slinging. (These she devised as a method to defend herself and her animal friends from trolls and other rogues in the forest.) She agrees with the Forestmen's position, and is intrigued by the information that they have given about the world. Name: MackyGender: MaleAppearance: Stacey's pet magic-wielding squirrelPersonality: Snarky, fun loving logical fuzzballAlliegance: (If any) Stacey/ForestmenWeaponry: Claws, teeth - not very damaging.Skills: Has a minor power of speed that he can use to speed himself up temporarily. Also has the standard reptoire of squirrel skills - jumping, climbing, etc.Biography: Macky is Stacey's trusted friend. Stacey befriended him by helping him with the acorn gathering, and Stacey got a warm shelter for the winter out of it. Name: Dackxer DeckerGender: MaleAppearance: Wears a black cloak over gray armorPersonality: Dark, serious, cold, brooding typeAlliegance: (If any) BasilWeaponry: Silver trident, long swordSkills: Knows some black magic, knows how to use trident and sword.Biography: In the recent bloody civil war, one of Dackxer's brothers was killed by one of the Carawyn solidiers because Dackxer failed to reach him in time (He was in the middle of a card game which he decided to finish rather than go out to battle...again.). Angery, he vowed vengence on the Carawyns, and his new train of thought led him to consider some of his familiy's connections to Basil which he had been trying to forget about. As such, he has learned black magic, but is still relatively unskilled at it, preferring to use his blades instead.

OOC: Fisher, you may have a problem with Basil. My character is out to kill people who serve him so.....

Rick slashed away at he forestman, they were good in combat. They parried his attacks good, almost too good. He then jumped into the air, landing behind a forestman, and thrust his sword into his chest.

OOC: So Dackxer may be on his hit list? That's fine. I'm okay with him being killed eventually. It's just my opinion that the enemy needs a face, and the show not be a bunch of good characters fighting mindless "others" that happen to exist. So you get to have an actual battle. Since there was nothing in the startpost about characters getting approved, I guess I'll risk an IC. Lord of Adders Black, if I need to make any corrections, let me know. IC (Stacey): Stacey watched from behind a tree as eight Forestmen ganged up on a single guy in an ambush. As she watched, the single guy jumped behind a Forestmen and stabbed him in the back. Stacey felt like she was going to throw up, and silently walked away from the tree where she had been hiding. "Humans." grumbled Macky, flattening his trail in disgust. "So much senseless killing." Stacey shivered, even though she was long used to the chill of the forest night by now. She leaned against a tree, panting. Glints of steel flashed in the torchlight, interfering with Stacey's night vision. She knew that the Forestmen weren't trying to hurt people. They were just defending their territory from tresspassers - they would collect their due and send him along his way. But this one was not like the others. He seemed to want to kill.

OOC: Glad you like the squirrel. Actually, Canis Lupus gave me that idea. :)

IC (Stacey): Stacey crept back toward the battle. The intruder was holding his own, but the poor Forestmen lay badly injured on the ground. He wouldn't live long.

Angry, Stacey picked up a rock and shot it at the intruder's sword hand. Blood dripped from the wound, and Stacey suspected that his fingers were broken. His sword fell to the ground. Stacey ran.

IC (Dakxer): Dakxer swung up on a horse. A young warrior rode up beside him, violently reining in his beast. "Lance, we are going to the Black Falcon's fortress."

"What?" Lance complained. "I hear that there are some rich baronesses in Milkweed. Serious plunder to be had there. What are you looking for in an ice fortress?"

"You are a fool. There is a rich diamond worth twenty times your ladies' fortunes in that ice fortress."

"Is this about your brother?" Lance threw in a savage wink. "Weak."

"There is also the man who killed my brother in that fortress. That is not your concern."

"Bet you're-"

"I do not gamble, Lance. 'Tis the sport of fools." Dakxer rode off behind his small group of Fright Knights. Lance had to gallop to catch up. "You will stop asking me foolish questions. Further, you will not speak this ride, or you will receive no rations this evening."

IC: Blake (Campsite)

The Minstrel was in deep sleep by now. An arm was sprawled out of the blankets, a foot doing the same.

The minstrel's eyes opened slowly. His hand seemed strangly hot...

Looking at it, he found a glowing ember, about a centimeter in diameter, lying on the palm of his hand. He grumbled, sitting up. Pouring a bit of his drinking water onto the reddened skin that had been beneath the ember, which was back in the fire, he spoke.

"Ye may take your sleep. I'm falling back into that state while this thing happily shouts its pain."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Grimpen nodded and said, "I was just about to wake you up myself." Grimpen laid down on his blankets, pulling them up over himself. He put one hand one his axe, and began to drift asleep. If there was any trouble, he could grab his axe and began to fight immediately. From experience, he always slept light when not protected.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

OOC:Wait, I did? How? Was it something involving Hirion?

IC: Matthew FormiganAfter two hours of riding through the Blasted Wastes, Formigan and Will Rickon had encountered amnesiac knights, insane pyromancers and a couple magic wielding squirrels. The last ones were more pests than actual threats.

So yeah, that is where I got Macky from. :) Sort of waiting on an IC from Flaredrick, but I guess I'll go on. IC (Stacey): Stacey ran though the forest, two sets of crashing footfalls right behind her. Carefully, she slipped under a hallow of a tree, trying to calm her heavy breathing. She felt Macky leave her shoulder and head up the tree to investigate. IC (Dakxer): Dakxer and his company rode across the Blasted Wastes. It was a long, cold ride, one that gave time to think. Whenever quiet times like this came, Dakxer always saw pictures in his mind of all the people he had hurt. His brother, by not going out to battle. His sister, by allying with Basil. His lover, for being so riddled with guilt and shame. Dakxer's men were forced to make camp out in the open, winds making the tents into vicious bat's wings his men had to tie to the ground. Dakxer willingly helped his men with the work; anything to take his mind off his troubles.

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Sorry, but I can't remember what i was going to write so here go's.

Rick took out the sword and kicked the forestmen into the others. Then he felt a sharp pain on his hand, it was bleeding.Then one slashed at him from the back; he stumbled. He then got out his spear and threw it one of them in the eye. He then fought with the one who slashed him, making good work of his skills. He then gained the upper hand and knocked the sword out and thrust the sword in his chest. So far only three have been killed, five remain.

He then lanced at one near a tree. He tried to get back up, but was knocked down due to his feet still off the ground. He fell and Rick stabbed him in the chest. He was getting tired of the fight. The forestmen were good at fighting, but he couldn't handle it anymore. He was becoming weak. He then walked towards one, but then he ran away. So did the rest who were left. He looked around to see if they could still be hiding. He took his spear out of the dead forestmen, cleaned it, and made his way to make a camp.

He then realized that who ever threw a rock at him could still be here. He then shouted,"You can come out now. I won't hurt you."

IC (Macky): Macky returned to Stacey's shoulder. "Three of the Forestmen are dead, the rest ran off, and there is..."

"You can come out now. I won't hurt you."

Stacey's face paled. Macky knew she was nervous. "Don't worry about him. He doesn't look like the slaughtering women type. Although he might be a good liar, so watch out."

Macky scampered out from the tree, looking Rick straight in the face. He registered Rick's shock at being stared at by a squirrel. "Um, sir, are you sure about that?" Macky said. "My friend here is a little skittish and rightfully so. You killed three of her own people, and, um, the situation is pretty delicate right now. Could you please go on your way? That would be nice."

OOC: Rick CANNOT understand what Macky is saying here. All he hears is squirrel squeaks.

IC (Stacey): Macky returned to Stacey's shoulder. Stacey watched in shock as the killer began to dig a makeshift grave for the Forestmen. "He doesn't understand. I tried everything I could."

"It's all right, Macky." Stacey spoke softly, but the words seemed to echo in the quiet forest. She crawled out of her hiding place and stood up, picking up a rock, facing Rick. "Let me help you."

IC: Blake (Campsite)

The minstrel is calmly watching the darkness, fire to his back, as his left hand stings. Every once in a while he'll walk to a different side of the fire and stand there for a while before going to another side. Rebirth is in its sheath, lute on his back, and the small amount of sleep he's already gotten has revitalized him.

He begins to whistle, a slow, nondisruptive tune that rises and falls in both tempo and pitch. It wouldn't be enough to draw attention to the camp, as it seems to almost be designed to be apart of the wind. This is why he loves music, the opportunity to add an extra touch to any scene.

The night is still, nothing approaches.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC (Stacey): Stacey dug, shoving dirt aside with her hands and breaking roots with her rock.

IC(Dakxer): Dakxer sat up in front of the fire pit in between the tents. Stars were plainly visible above him, cold in the night wind. The wind blew the fire around every which way. If any of his men asked, he would say that he was watching the fire to make sure that it didn't catch the tents on fire. But the truth was that he couldn't sleep.

Still, the fire was moving back...and forth...and back...Dakxer could feel himself nodding off...

Dakxer saw a man approaching the fire. He was sitting on a white horse, wearing a sword and carrying a long spear, which he rested against the saddle. He stepped off the horse to warm himself by the fire, which still spun crazily in the never ending wind.

"My brother" said Dakxer. "You are dead."

"And you are alive. My brother, you still have a life to live. Don't do this to yourself."

"You died at the hands of evil people" said Dakxer. "I am working to avenge your death. Does that mean anything to you?"

"No. I don't want you to go on like this."

"You were always a determined little fool."

"At least I died for a cause that I believed in. You don't really believe in what Basil says at all. I know you don't. I know there is still good in you, Dakxer. Go home."

Dakxer snorted. "You don't really know what I feel."

"You're burning up."

Dakxer found himself lying on his back, flames licking across his chest. He rolled over, smothering them against the ground, moaning in pain.

It was just a dream. He got up, and laboriously changed clothes, ignoring the painful welts on his skin. He would be all right.