RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC:

Rick continues digging, then puts the corpse in the hole and patches it up. "You know I really didn't want this to happen." He continues digging. "I never wanted to kill them, but they forced me to. All I have is one goal, and that's to kill the bat." He puts another body in the hole.

IC:

Kraven heads to the camp's location. He brings with him a wheel barrel full of fresh kills. He raises his spear and gives a roar, in which everyone in the camp roars or yells. "We shall feast for a week with this load," said a wolfpack member.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC (Stacey): Stacey looked at the map. Where Rick was pointing was a bunch of green puff-balls. "That doesn't look like the forest. There should be a creek going through the middle."

Macky scowled. "There are places beyond this forest, you know. We went to the edge once. He could be right." He aimed a paw at the map. "This is the human world. Much bigger."

Stacey shrugged.

Macky continued. "One of those people came here and killed a bunch of people. We need to figure out why. Stop them from coming into the forest."

Stacey shook her head. "Never mind. Where are you going?"

IC (Stacey): Stacey's face paled. "How does one torture and kill a bat?" Macky said.

Rick didn't even look at Macky. Stacey shook her head. It didn't add up. First Rick was talking about a bat, and then killing people. "If you're trying to get a bat, why go to that place? There's no bats there. You're just a cruel...thing. Even the trolls are more human than you!"

IC:

Rick chuckled a bit. Then explained everything. "I'm not going killing a bat. I'm going to kill one of the six lords of Albion known as Basil the Bat Lord. Since he wears a helmet with bat wings. See, ever since I was a kid, I always wondered about my real parents, since I didn't even look like them. It wasn't until they finally told me the truth, that I became angry at them. When I was a young boy, my real parents were killed at the end of the war that tore this land apart. I was taken in by Basil, who then gave me to one of his follower's. Since then I have plotted my revenge for what he did, and now I'm ever so more of reaching my goal with a list of known members that follow him. When he realizes what has been happening, he shall face me, and ultimately fall."

IC (Stacey): Stacey's eyebrows furrowed, pretty blatantly confused.

"Okay. Basil the Bat Lord is a killer, right?" Macky said. "He killed your parents. Now you think that killing him will solve all your problems. You're doing exactly what Basil does. Those Forestmen you just killed could have children, you know. What about Basil? Now his children will grow up like you did, if you succeed. No, better to imprison him somewhere and torture him for all time. That way you won't be like him."

"Further, how do you know that Basil killed your parents? Maybe someone else did. Maybe Basil was just trying to help."

Stacey did her best to relay to Rick what the squirrel said. It made sense, and it was clear that Rick couldn't hear the squirrel. Probably because what he does is a revolt to all life, and as such he can't hear what that life says to him.

IC:

"I know cause I confronted him a few months ago about it. He told exactly how he killed them, every little detail. I was horrified about what he had done, i faced him, but he struck me down. He was too powerful, but now I found what I have been waiting for to get to him. And besides." He then gets close to her. "If he was helping, he would have said so. What do you know about having someone close to you being killed by a warlord? Besides these men here."

Rick felt a pain of sadness just telling about his past life. But mainly he was angry as well.

"Do have some where to stay for the night? I'll tell you everything there."

IC: Blake (Camp)

"Morning has come,

It's time to awake!

Breakfast will be ready soon

and I can sleep that sleep, you fake!"

The sun was indeed rising over the hill-tops, and Blake was going about the campsite, gathering up the things he could without disturbing Grimpen, the man deserved some more sleep. Finally, he was just about ready.

"Oy now, Grimpen! It's time to awake!"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:

Rick sighs. Maybe she'll never understand about what happens to out there in realm. At...maybe things could go better...or worse. Rick then proceed to head north, since he obviously lost track of where he was headed. He pulled out his map and looked at it. "Okay so Dunnor is here. Then that means I'm...here?" Rick then stopped and looked at the map. The forest was basically everywhere. Even into the troll lands. Now, where is the nearest city to this forest? I could go back, but that will make things worse. I guess it's time to find some place to stay and not disturb anyone right now.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

Grimpen got up and slung his saddle over his horse. He got on and said, "To the Falcon's Roost we go." He drove his boot spike into the horse's side, and it started moving forward. He turned to Blake and said, "I think we will get there sometime late tonight if we keep this pace up."

IC: Matthew Formigan

Matt said, "Etaerc a tsaf eci elteeb." A freezing ice insect formed out of ice winds from Matt's staff. Matt jumped on it, and pulled Will up onto it, also grabbing all of the scrolls. He urged the ice beetle forward, and it took off.

OOC:

A story arc would be good. I think the world is way too big right now, and we need people to be brought together. I was partially waiting for sonyaxe to post, and he hasn't for a while.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: :shrugs: Me indifferent. I'll go with whatever.

IC (Stacey): Stacey ran away from the impromptu burial scene, sloshing through a creek and heading for a crude lean-to against a large tree. She lay down. "There's nothing to be afraid of, Stacey" soothed the squirrel. "He just has a sick mind and heart."

"Basil could have killed my parents" Stacey said. "Left me in this forest to die."

"Basil could have killed my parents." Macky pointed out. "He didn't."

"That's because your parents are still alive, doofus" Stacey tweaked his nose. "I don't even know who my parents even are. They could be dead or alive, and even I wouldn't know."

"Do you really want to know that your parents are dead?" Macky said. "Look what happened to Rick."

"We're not killers, Macky."

"But still, if someone killed my parents, I would want to kill them. Now I probably wouldn't actually follow through on it, okay, and I doubt anyone is going to slay an old squirrel, but I'm not going to deny that the desire would exist."

Stacey sighed. "Macky, you are impossible."

"I'm just pointing out the facts. You want to hunt down your parents? Sounds like an adventure. I'm in."

"I don't even know where to start. That's crazy. I was just explaining why I was sad."

"Well, if you're going for that, the best place to start is by going back to where we found you here in the forest. Also, any memories of anything unusual from before you were left here?"

Stacey furrowed her eyebrows. "No. Nothing."

"In the morning" the squirrel whispered, "we are going back there." The two curled up and slept.

OOC: I'm up for a story arc. Blake's just wandering currently, soo yeah. :P

IC: Blake (Walking)

"True, indeed. The mountains of the north draw ever closer, after all."

Once he's done speaking he closes his eyes, beginning to whistle a little song made for traveling, upbeat and inspiring. Blake eventually opens his eyes once more to watch the path, but the whistling doesn't stop. It just continues on quietly, adding just a little bit more to the scene that nature wouldn't have provided herself.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Oars splashed. Sails fluttered. Crewmen grunted and yelled to each other. Blood-red banners fluttered in the breeze. An armada was on the move. But no men heaved those oars, no men pulled taut those ropes. Their skin was green and leathery, their teeth were yellowed tusks. Their swords were huge curved scimitars that legend said could cleave a horse in twain. The trolls of the west were coming on the warpath...which was odd as this was Estfallen.

No-one in Darkharbour had been expecting an attack at all, least of all one from trolls. So their fleet was in dock, the crews scattered in taverns and other such tawdry distractions. The ships were sitting ducks when the trolls opened fire with the ballistae mounted on the prows of their own vessels, fire arrows spitting at the abandoned boats. They went up like a bonfire, a huge signal that could be seen from Dragonsmouth. Messages were written and birds were let fly, alerting the other lords of the land that there was a major assault happening under their very noses. Knights and warriors would be summoned, for battle was calling

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Macky): Macky zoomed through the trees, smoothly keeping ahead of Stacey, who was sprinting through the forest below, smoothly vaulting tree roots and dodging briar patches in a mad quest to keep up with a magic wielding squirrel.

The two of them stumbled into a clearing. Macky ducked behind a tree near the edge of it, and beheld the amusing sight of Stacey looking around in confusion for a squirrel.

Macky climbed up Stacey's back and onto her shoulder again, causing her to jump. "Macky!"

"Oh, stop." Macky chided, in between a mild bout of laughter. It took a couple seconds to control himself again. "This...is...the...place."

Stacey looked around, chuckling a bit herself at the laughing squirrel. He jumped down and raced over to the exact location. "There." pointed the squirrel, gesturing with his paw.

But Stacey's attention was already drawn away. Macky followed her eyes. Near the center of the clearing, two warriors rode into view, clearly serious and ready for anything, Macky thought. Except that one of them was whistling for no apparent reason.

Stacey didn't move.

OOC: Yeah whistling :P

And hey, what's to say a path doesn't go through the forest? Knowing this time of turmoil and such, it's likely there's two paths to Falcon's Roost, a shorter one that used to be quite safe but isn't now, and a longer one that most travelers use that avoids danger best it can.

Of course, not being 'Most travelers', Blake & Grimpen could go either way.

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC:

I kind of assumed they were on a road, not a path. I believe those existed in medieval times, and this one connects two of the large castles of Albion. Zakaro, you can decide whether or nor you want these two guys to be us.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Flare, you do know what Dunnor is right? Its Basil's castle.

The large warrior looked at the girl. A squirrel appeared to be gesturing around the ground. Grimpen looked at her, and pulled out his scimitar. He said, "Who are you?, pointing the blade at her.

IC: Meredith Black

Meredith jumped onto her horse, and they moved out, Meredith following the warriors ahead of her. SHe kicked the horse, and they pulled off to the side, moving towards Darkharbour.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Road near Forest)

"Great social skills, Grimpen. It's definitely an amazing idea to greet every random maiden we find watching us on the side of the road with demands and pointy objects. That won't frighten them at all."

Laced with sarcasm? Yep. Still holds a ring of truth? Of course.

"Besides, there's no reason to be so intimidating. Look at it this way, if she was with the Forestmen than we wouldn't have seen her before one of us found an arrow in our thigh or worse, neck, and if she's a scout to watch for people to rob than we still wouldn't have seen her. And plus, brandishing your sword all about isn't going to help with relations relating to getting out of here with both our lives and our money."

The minstrel looks expectantly at Grimpen for a reply. The lady can be addressed later, after he's made sure they're not going to become a arrow-cushion.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

"She could be a witch or some other sort of spell caster, Blake. If she is, she could kill us with a snap of her fingers." Grimpen calmly said, slowly lowering his blade.

"What makes you think that?" Blake responded.

"Two things. One she lives in a forest. Typical for a witch. Second, look at the squirrel. That is probably her familiar. I've seen familiars before. That squirrel is acting like one."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: XD.

IC (Stacey): "What is a witch?" Stacey said, confused.

"Well, try snapping your fingers. If they fall over and die, you're a witch, apparently." Macky put in.

"I don't even know how to snap my fingers."

"Then I'm going to make a guess and say that you're not a witch."

"That's encouraging, Macky."

IC: Blake (Road in Forest)

"Well, there you go. If she doesn't even know how to snap her fingers or know what a witch is, than I think we're fine. Although she seems to be talking to the squirrel, would a smart witch that's looking to harm us do something like that in front of us?"

Letting his question hang in the air, he turns to Stacey.

"Hullo miss, I do hope we're not interrupting anything. If ye don't mind we'll be on our way in just a second."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC (Macky): "Wait, where are you going?" Macky said, addressing Blake.

"Come on, Macky, let's go." Stacey said, turning back to the safety of the forest.

"But those people look important. They could have valuable information." Macky scowled, irritated. It was almost an amusing expression on a squirrel.

"Or they could be killers like Rick." Stacey gestured at Grimpen. "He certainly looks the part."

IC: Benajmin Grimpen

"I am a killer. I am an honorable killer though. I am not bloodthirsty, ruthless or malevolent. I fight for my lord and my people. Now about this 'Rick'. He wouldn't happen to be a tall, muscular, dark blond haired boy would he? I have met him before, and let's just say, he is ruthless. I wish to kill him. Do Albion a favor."

IC: Meredith Black

Meredith's horse came into vision of a sprawling city facing the sea. Several boats floated in the harbor, and Meredith knew their crews were not human.

She jumped off the horse, and pulled out her knives. She ran to shoreline, seeing a group of female warriors. She walked over to them and said, "May I accompany you?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Stacey): "Man, this world is messed up." Stacey commented. "Two killers in two days."

Macky shook his head. "It is the way of this wretched world, I suppose" he grumbled. "Also, that is the second reference to Albion."

"You both mentioned Albion. Is that some killers group or something?" I'm not sure that I should tell him about Rick. Killing is wrong, even if you're killing a killer.Right?

IC: Blake (Road in Forest)

He chuckles once or twice before replying, eyes light.

"Nay, miss. Albion is the country that we all live in."

Judging by the way she's reacted to the act of killing, Blake decides that she'd probably be horrified to find out that there isn't many adults that haven't killed in their lifetime, whether it was a troll, an animal, or another person.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie, after all.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

"Look, I've met Rick before and he is evil. The majority of people are not like him. While I do kill, it is not ruthlessly like Rick. I only kill those who have killed before or are attacking my people. I don't want to kill, but I must. I do not kill indiscriminately."

Grimpen looked at the ground and said, "So do you live in the forest? If so, why did you come out to this road?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Stacey): "That's the second time someone has said that." Macky said. "The country we are living in is a killer's group?"

"It would appear that way." Stacey said.

Macky shook his fist in the air. "Shame on all of you!"

"Macky, stop. They can't hear you."

"Well, of course they can't. Such a shame. And what about Rick?"

Stacey picked up the irate squirrel. "Come on, Macky."

"You're not thinking. The only way to stop Rick is to get someone to stop him. This guy looks the part."

"Rick was just sad, but he knew what he was doing was wrong. This guy thinks what he is doing is right! He's insane!"

"Stacey, listen. He has no choice. Look at him." Stacey looked at Grimpen. He looked old, tough, but also a little weary. The other guy looked young and full of life, but this one looked like he had seen many battles and struggles. He hadn't made the choice to kill or to fight.

"Okay, you are correct about Rick. He's in the forest, headed toward some place called Dunnor, he said. And yes, I do live in the forest, and I came out to this road to try to find my parents, which I don't know anything about. Apparently this is the place where the animals found me." Stacey patted the squirrel's head. "It was his idea, after encountering Rick. Apparently his wants to kill Basil because he murdered his parents."