RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: *HEAVILY COUGHING* Cause I, *COUGH* didn't know, *HEAVY COUGH* what to do. Might as well now.

IC:

Humiliation. The worst why to be tortured by one, is to be made fun of the entire kingdom. The laughter of the men, women, and children of Dunnor, disgusted him. Rick will not tolerate this humility, and certainly will strike back at him, and humiliate him by defeating him once he is alone. But now is not the time. Now is the time to make up a strategy on what to do, how to get out, and most importantly, how to get back his weapons.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:

Well, you are standing on a stage, covered in feathers and being laughed out by the people of your sworn enemy, who you hate.

IC: Jack Storm

The prisoner started to brood. He looked like he was thinking of a plan. Something to help him escape. Jack looked at him and chuckled under his breath.

"I hope you realize you only have one hand. Whatever you're planning, you're going to have to account for that. You can't hold two things, or hold a sword and try to break open a door or something of that nature. You'll have to sheath your sword or drop it."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Not many people live long with one hand. But Rick is skillful. And this tar seems to be getting heavy, and his heart rate seemed to drop. Nothing like a little heart attack can't solve, while in front of an entire audience. Rick stepped forward, and fainted.

OOC: New Character!

Name: Cole Macwraith

Appearance: 6'6, short cut black-brown hair. Appears to be in his late 20's. Handsome, yet his face seems ravaged by war.

Personality: Can be a bit funny, but is mostly strict. From time to time he gets more loosen and is more fun to be with

Alliegance: To any one that needs assistance. (Will refuse servie to anyone.)

Weaponry: Dual daggers, Double-bladed sword

Skills: Is good at stealth, and taking people down from the shadows.

Biography: When he was a boy, Cole only wanted one thing, a sword and royalty. Okay make that two. When he became an adolescent, he learned how to wield a sword, and use it wisely. Later when he joined is local military, he learned how to use stealth. Now, he wanders the land, looking for anyone that needs assistance.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, Canis. Just couldn't think of anything.

IC (Macky): The group approached Falcon's Roost.

"So, about the scrying thing?" Macky put in. I wonder...Grimpen talked about magical familiars, and Stacey talks to me and everyone else, so maybe it's something unique to Stacey, and that's why Grimpen can't get me, because he doesn't have the same gift. Macky scratched his chin, deep in thought.

Stacey smiled at him. Better stop postulating. It's a theory, like the other "killers" theory. But maybe a wizard will know.

"Maybe we should give it a try." Macky said. Stacey shrugged. She turned and addressed Grimpen. "The scrying thing...how does one do that? I mean, can we get someone to do that for me?"

IC (Dakxer): Dakxer got up, his back stiff and sore, only to see the noonday sun beating down.

Dakxer rode to the west half of town, his horse sweating beneath him. This is the place. But instead of a house in the space where his magic house had been, there was nothing but a crumbling ruin.

He shouted his rage and grief to the four winds. His brothers' killer must be two steps ahead of him. Can he sense my powers? Or worse yet, was there some power here hiding the truth from him? He pressed his hand to the stone, opening his sense, looking for dark energy. But his mind was blurry - he had trouble focusing, and he had used up most of his energy on the scrying attempt. He couldn't sense anything, though.

No, I must find him! He strained himself, sensing everything - even the minute traces of dark energy emitted by couples fighting two blocks away and the screams of pain as his own knights pillaged in the name of Basil. But nothing was wrong with the rock, only that it had been a house that was destroyed long ago. I'm got to try the scrying power again...

He collapsed, exhausted, and darkness covered his vision once more.

The prisoner dropped to the ground. Jack looked at him, and motioned to the guards. He spoke a small, simple sentence that sent shudders down the backs of all of the assembled patronage.

"Take him to The Pit."

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

The knight looked at the girl. He said, "Well, the Falcon's Roost, due to it's proximity to the Blasted Wastes, is a bastion of magic. They have one of the largest libraries of magical spells in all of Albion. Once there, you will be able to find someone with the magical power to scry."

He thought about what he had just said and continued, "The Blasted Wastes is a land scarred by magic. An evil sorcerer lived there, and fought a good wizard. Their battle was the great, and destroyed the landscape."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Stacey): Stacey looked up at the fortress, a bit awestruck. She had never seen anything like it.

IC(Macky): Macky listened to Grimpen's tale of the wizard battle. "Interesting." he said, poking Stacey. Stacey ignored him, mostly paying attention to the gates opening to admit the travelers. Grimpen was still talking, but Macky could tell Stacey wasn't paying attention to him.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Blake (Road)

"Indeed it was, even if only half the ballad recording it is true!"

He's smiling grandly, seemingly lost in thought.

"I would've liked to watch, just to have been able to draw amazing inspiration from it.. I'd sing the ballad to give you an outline, but it's one of those that really needs a full band of minstrels, and so is revered as something that's only told at the grandest of celebrations by only the best of the musicians in the land.. I myself would like to be apart of one of those performances one day, indeed.."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Theodora)

"Speaking as someone with experience, numbers tell in the end." She was cringing inwardly, hopefully they hadn't found evidence of her.....eating habits.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"Indeed they do. Three rogues on the road, your doing, I expect?" The rider crossed his arms idly, watching the vampire with an unchanging expression. "Two were dead with looks of surprise on their face. A third several yards away, slumped against a tree. As if caught in the midst of a retreat."

"But what was most unusual was the lack of fatal wounds. Wounds inflicted by standard weapons at least. Two punctures on the neck, spaced quite strangely for a manmade weapon. And the body was distinctly pale, no blood found anywhere nearby, though wounds such as that should have bleed extensively.""You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Theordora)

Theodora cursed. "What is the point in asking questions when you already know the answer?" Theodora pulled down her hood, revealing her pale skin, red eyes and when she spoke, her fangs became evident. "The only question left to ask is simple. What happens now? Do you slay me in cold blood? Leave? Spread the word?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"Why, if I didn't know better, that first possibility almost seems to indicate that you think it possible." Abraham's mouth twitched almost imperceptibly, in the ghost of a smile. "As for my answer...""Why would I do any of those things? You've saved me the trouble of dealing with several bandits, and to the best of my knowledge, you've not done anything I need slay you for. If anything, I should thank you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

And Adders is that whole stopping the trolls thing still going on?

Yes it is

IC: With three of the trolls fleet ablaze, and a fourth throwing up sparks and embers as Meredith's team did their work, the trolls started to take notice. And while their main force of warriors had gone to meet the defenders there were still squires - or whatever the troll equivalent of squires were - hanging back. A few charged headlong at Meredith's crew...and were simply cut down for their trouble. But another couple had the idea of manning a pair of ballistae that hadn't been reduced to ash, using them to open fire on the sneak attack

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC; Might as well crash this party. Without G-Modding.

IC:

Cole came to Dragonsmouth, and the trolls are still attacking. He decided to not take a standard approach to what most people would do. He went out into the streets and stalked the trolls from there. Making his way to the ships, by killing any wandering trolls in his wake. Now he needs to find out what to hit, so as to cause the most damage.

IC (Theodora)

"Not the reaction I expected." Theodora pulled her hood back up. "You find a creature thought extinct for ages, evidence that it is dependent on human blood to survive and your reaction isn't panic or anger.....but vague amusement. Interesting."

IC:The response was a slight shrug. "Everyone has their burdens to bear, and if your choice of meals thus far is any indication, you aren't exactly out to get the general populace. If I had evidence that wasn't the case, I'd have to try and eliminate you.""But, I don't. So I don't."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Theodora)

"Consider my objections revoked. Though if you don't wish to witness my horrendous table manners, you might wish to sit this one out." Theodora withdrew one of her blades and held it up, looking over the blade for flaws and imperfections. "I'd suggest you stage an attack and lure them into the forest. We can pick them off at our leisure."

OOC: In that case....

IC:

The Pit. A place of eternal darkness. Rick remembers this all to well. It's a two story drop, and the only exit is up. But if remembers correctly, there should be a small hole on the right which cannot be seen from above. Only from the bottom of the pit, you can see it. There is also a pile of bones on the left, and rock where the hole is on, is loose.

Too bad no one knows this, since they never check to see if they died. Before dumped in there, the victims are severely tortured, then kicked off it's edge to break any bones. With the addition of no food, water, and light, the victim dies of fear, insanity, and hunger.

IC:

"Easily done."

Abraham stretched, back popping as he did so, and brought his hands to his side. His eyes immediately focused, narrowing in concentration. After a moment, four swords came into existence, his hands wrapping easily around the handles of one on each side, while the others continued to hover in midair next to his shoulders.

"One attention grabbing maneuver coming up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Stacey): Grimpen, Stacey, and the group rode into Falcon's Roost. Grimpen looked like he needed some rest, but otherwise undisturbed. But Stacey wasn't feeling good. At all. Maybe it was just the walls...and then the feeling died off abruptly, and Stacey felt fine.

"Odd" commented the squirrel. Stacey said nothing. She didn't like the fortress much. As soon as she could get her business done and be gone, the happier she would be.

The prisoner was put near the edge of The Pit, and readied to be dropped in. Jack looked at the guards and said, "I want to be sure his legs are broken. Hit them with a hammer, lightly though, so that they are sure to break from the fall."

Jack's order was carried out, and Jack said, "Normally we torture people, but he's already been smeared in hot tar and had his hand lopped off. Plus, he is unconscious. It wouldn't do any good. Drop him in."

"Do you want to know where to find the srcyers? If so, follow me. They're in the Great Library. I've been here before during my lord's raid of this keep. Oh, what a fine raid that was indeed."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Roost)

"I think I'll stick with ya, never know when you're going 'ta need a song or a smile to make someone turn to your side. And besides, the scryers are always in need of cheering up."

He flashes the other two a grin while stating his intentions of not leaving the group, not yet.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Ben, being the strongest of the three by quite a bit, pushed open the doors to the library. "Behold! The Great Library! I have to warn you. Writing a spell makes magical residue, so this place has a high amount of concetration. Now, if you follow me, to the left is the place where the wizards practice.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Stacey): "Sorry, you have to stay outside." said Stacey to the horse. "Wait for us."
"Magic" said Macky. "I could use a bit more of that." He rolled his eyes at Grimpen's drama. The two stepped into the library, and instantly Stacey could feel it was something special. It was a whole different...thing, like a bunch of power from somewhere else, behind a wall, and only a tiny crack was open.
But that wasn't why they were here. So Stacey addressed the few people who had been disturbed by Grimpen's entrance. "Can any of you find my parents?"

IC: Matthew Formigan

The wizard put down the scroll he was reading and got up. He walked over to the three who had entered, "Scryers are over their in that corner, and most are focused on the trolls in Dragonsmouth." He then looked at Macky and said, "I assume you are of a magical inclination."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Stacey): Stacey walked over to the scryers.

"Can I help you?" A kind looking young magician stepped up.

"Maybe" said Stacey. "I'm looking for my parents. The man who brought me here said that you could find them for me."

"Sure. Do you have anything to focus the magic, anything your parents owned, anything like that?"

"No, I'm sorry, I don't. Do I need something like that?"

"No, no don't worry about it. Do you know where they are likely to be?"

"No, I don't. I was abandoned at birth, left for dead in a forest."

"Actually, that's helpful. Do you know where that is?"

Stacey did her best to describe where it was. Macky piped in a couple times to help.

"Okay, take my hand." The two walked over to a scrying mirror. He concentrated for a few moments, saying words Stacey didn't understand and didn't try to figure out.

Flashes. Stacey saw the place she and Macky decribed, then a little baby. Two knights stood over it. One was black, carrying a bat sigil, the other green. He looked like a Forestman. Stacey felt Macky shiver. A moment passed, Then two.

"I don't see a life-thread-beginning in the forest for you." The scryer said. "That is the earliest moment. I'm going to try Dunnor - I assume the Forestman was just a guide."

Stacey nodded.

A couple of haggard faces appeared on the screen. Their mouths opened as if in pain. Macky screamed and covered his eyes. The image changed, and a female face appeared, wearing green and carrying a sword. Touching a women's belly. Speaking. A man standing by.

The haggard faces appeared again, this time with mouths closed, sealed tightly shut. The green woman appeared again, pale and ghastly, surrounded by red. Stacey felt light-headed. Leaned against a table. breathed.

"Where?" Macky said, taking his paws off his eyes.

"Dunnor." said the magician. "I would advise against traveling there." Seeing Stacey's face of confusion, he added "It's the home of our enemy, Lord Basil."

"Great" Macky grumbled. "Rescue mission involving an enemy fortress, a pair of old people who can't ride and are likely half-dead, and a girl without any means of getting in. When can we start?"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC:

Oh, whoops, I didn't.

IC: Meredith Black

The team that Meredith was leading fell under assault. Large, tipped bolts slammed into the ship, splintering the boards where they struck. One of the people that Meredith was working with was struck and died from her wounds.

Meredith grabbed her crossbow at the ballista and started to aim. She fired one of the venom tipped arrows she had at the troll manning the ballista. The arrow hit the troll, and he slumped over, dead. Meredith turned and aimed at another one of the trolls.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Library)

The minstrel has taken up a seat near the door, and begins to slowly play a quiet tune on his instrument, humming.

No words are needed yet, and this song actually goes along with the library's current atmosphere, of calmness and something a bit more than is normal.

Exotic.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Crossbows were great for dealing with trolls. Meant you didn't have to get close enough to the thing to let it stab you, and the sheer power a crossbow could put behind a quarrel was capable of punching through armour and troll-hide with no difficulty.

The only problem was reloading. Crossbows weren't so good with the reloading. Which was about to be a problem as a massive troll chieftain, his hide thick as stone, his broad scimitar notched and stained, rose up like an unholy demon through the smoke and flames spreading through the ship, stomping towards Meredith with pure fury in his eyes

7AOYGDJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...