RPG: Castles in the Air

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Blake (Fight)

"Of course not! I've got this fiend under control."

In the meanwhile the troll had sighed, raised his hands, turned around, and put them behind his back. This troll definatly knew what the surrendering position was, for what reason Blake couldn't imagine.

"Got a rope?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Matthew Formigan

Formigan nodded and said, "I want to explore the ruins, but I will help you. Etaerc eerht llams eci smelog ot pleh yrrac sllorcs." Icy wind came out of his staff and formed three mini ice golems. They began to march down the stairs, and Matt headed away. Most of the ruins were just rubble, but Matt noticed a glint from one. He reached through the rubble and pulled out a small dagger. It was curved and had a hilt with a design of a stormy clouds. The metal was a dark silver, and the hilt was black. Matt slipped it into his robe, and continued exploring.

OOC:

The blade looks like the Prince of Persia dagger, just with the described hilt and color scheme.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen

Ben walked over and said, "Who needs rope?" He then slammed a fist into the captain's head, knocking him out. He then smiled under his helmet and said, "Especially when you can do that, instead." He then hoisted his axe into the air and swung it into a troll.

IC: Jack Storm

"I am heading towards the army barracks. I know some who are fighting trolls in Nethcross, and they need reinforcements. Your map has all troll camp sites. The army could use it." he said. He got up and said, "The name is Jack Storm. Now, I wonder, why would a blacksmith have that info?"

OOC:

In case you can't tell, the versions of Ben Grimpen and Jack Storm potrayed here are much different than the versions in the Ninjago RPG and the LURPG. In those two RPGs, Ben and Jack are pretty good people, but here, not so much.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Rick

"I don't know you tell me. For all I care, is that he tried to kill me, so I killed him." He says, studying Jack. "For all I know is that he may have known that there were trolls in the mines. It looks fresh, and the drawings aren't a week old. This was just made." He hands Jack the map. "Take the map, will ya. I have no use for it. Though I was going to go in there to investigate, but hey. Go kill them if you want."

He turns to leave and says,"Oh and by the way. Names McFly, Rick McFly."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Storm looked at the map and saw a very small HG in a corner. He thought about it and realized what that meant. This Rick McFly had killed Horatio Grager, one of Basil's greatest undercover agents. He rubbed the initials off of the map, and began to run. He got to the barracks and went to the office of the leading officer in this branch of the Under-Hall army. He said, "Grimpen and four more fighters have encountered trolls. They need reinforcements. I ran as fast as I could to get here." The officer took the map and said, "There are twelve troll encampments. Which is Grimpen at?" Jack grabbed the map and pointed at one. The officer nodded and got up. Jack followed to see knights being assigned camps to take ot. The officer turned and said, "I have sent eleven groups of ten to take the other encampments out. You, me and four others are going to assist Grimpen." Jack nodded, and began to leave.

Grimpen smashed his way through the trolls. Only ten were remaining, now. Grimpen moved to one of the exits, and the other three knights did the same. If any came in range of Grimpen's axe or the knight's swords, they would be sliced at. Few did, however, and Grimpen yelled to Blake, "Finish them off!"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

As Rick leaves the pub, he notices a face of awe and shock from Jack's face.

Could he be allied with Basil?

He did not want to know yet. Time was being wasted. For all he knows, his kill could have left Under-Hall. So he heads into the theater, looking for his victim. This theater was holding a ball, one in which he would not fit right into the crowd. So headed towards a tailor's shop to get him a suit, so as if to blend in.

IC: Blake (Encampment)

"While you, trolls, may be chuckling with mirth

At the death and destruction you've caused

It's time for you to greet Rebirth!

-And I don't mean that in the spiritual sense, either-

It's tiiime for you to greeeeeet-

Rebirth!"

What a surprise, Blake was singing again. His blade flashed through the air as he did, however, knocking swords out of hands and heads out of wakefullness in equal amounts. The troll force had been unprepared for the attack from behind, having focused on Grimpen and the knights, forgetting the minstrel in the chaos of battle.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

After Blake's first attack, the trolls formed a circle formation and Grimpen charged into, cleaving many of the trolls in half. The three knights clashed against the trolls with their swords, and finished the party off. Grimpen stepped over the bodies and picked up the unconscious troll captain. He slung the captain over his shoulders, and began to walk back to the main section of the Under-Hall.

Storm walked behind the main group of knights, thinking, "They would never expect it if I slit all of their throats this very instant. It would be so easy. But, I must maintain my cover until a crucial moment. Then, like a burrowing scorpion, I will strike and take my vengeance out on all who have wronged me. Maybe even get that Rick McFly while I'm at it. Show him what happens when you kill one of Basil's leading agents. Then, he will be sorry he killed Horatio. Sorry he will be indeed."

The sun was rising over the Blasted Wastes, and Formigan kept searching for anything of value. He noticed a strange pattern on the floor and said, "Tfil eht elbbur morf eht roolf." The rubble came up from the ground, and Matt saw the pattern. It was a series of runes, that were in a circular pattenr. Matt walked to the middle and saw a small hole in the flood. He tried to put his staff in, and it fight perfectly." The orb on top started to glow with blue light, and Matt touched it. The runes lit up with the same light, and so did Matt's eyes. He started to say, in a trance, "MAKEEM MAKAAM MAKOHM. MAKEEM MAKAAM MAKOHM.", over and over again. The floor began to sink, and Matt continued to chant the three words. Then, the light faded from his eyes, and he stopped talking. The orb on his staff faded, and the runes stopped glowing. Matt looked and saw the runes had turned into a circular ramp, and he was in a chamber. Sitting on a pedastal in the center of the room was an old book. Matt said, "Tceted yna spart." His staff's orb lit up and then stopped glowing. The room was safe, and Matt stepped forward.

IC: Meredith Black

Meredith wrapped the cloth around her face and climbed onto the windowsill. She had with her ten bottles of poison, her bow, her stabbing knives and her throwing knives. She grabbed onto a shield, and started to climb down on those. She got to the bottom, and started to run towards the Troll Lands.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick's profile was flawless. Having been able to make his way into the ball, he searched in every room, and asked anyone if he knew where to find his latest victim: Otto Lor'ta. One man said that he is in his room in the third floor. He thanked him and made his way up. When he got to the door of his room, he saw a knight's armor on a hanger. He saw that it carried a set of knives with it. He took the knives and hid them it his pocket. He then knocked on the door and a man said, "Come in."

The leading officer said, "I see a light. Draw your arms." The knights drew their swords and so did Jack. They began running forward and saw the party of five containing Blake, Grimpen and the three knights. The officer shook hands with Grimpen, and some of the knights in Jack's party grabbed the troll captain. The party began walking back to the Under-Hall.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

He went in with a serious face, holding the knives in his pocket. "You are Otto Lor'ta yes? I was told I you can make the finest trades in the land." Rick said greeting Mr. Otto. "Why yes. Now what can I do for you." "I have a special package I need to deliver to a certain Lord. I was told you have connections to him" Rick says looking at a painting on the wall. Otto looks at him with a look of distrust. "And what is this package that you want to send to him?" Rick stops looking at the painting, and looks at the door. "A message, it's urgent that it gets to him." Otto begins to feel distressed. "Well then, where is the message?" Rick quickly turns his head to him, with a face of anger and blood-lust. "Right here." He throws a knife straight to his head. Otto ducks down, looking at the knife that landed n the wall.

Though he shouldn't have done that. For when he looked back at Rick, a knife hit him in the forehead. Killing him in an instant. Rick then cut of his head, and placed it in a canister. He then left the building through the back.

Grimpen and the rest arrived back in the Under-Hall in a short amount of time. Grimpen walked back to his apartment and took off his heavy plate armor, along with his tattered red cape. He then took off his chainmail, hung his axe up and yelled to Jack, "Dye my cape black and find someplace to put the scimitar I got from the battle. Both are on the front table. I will attend the opera." He put on his dress robes and began walking to the theater. He saw a great deal of commotion, and asked someone what was happening. The person said, "Otto Lor'ta is dead." Grimpen ran to Lor'ta's room and saw everything pertaining to the murder was gone. But then, he saw a knife in the wall. He looked at it and saw a symbol, one that looked familiar. Grimpen realized it was the same symbol worn by the user of the demon blade from the first troll fight. He swore to exact his vengeance.

Meredith saw the troll envoy and started to follow it. This time, she would poison the food to kill them all. But she would have to wait until they broke camp for the night.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake (Leaving Under-Hall)

The minstrel, having made up for inspiring the soldiers to drink, (accidentally) felt that it was time for him to set off for another place. Besides, it's never fun to sing a song about recent battles if there's a chance that someone there will ruin it by pointing out things that didn't happen.

And so, after giving a small bow to the troops heading back into the Under-Hall, Blake set out. He really had no idea as to where he was going, but that's how he usually goes places, and it hasn't gotten him killed yet.

"Not that there wasn't any close calls..." He remarked aloud to himself. Perfectly normal. He wasn't crazy, no matter how much other people told him so. After all, would a crazy minstrel go walking on foot at sunset to his next location, singing loudly and just plain not attempting to be steathy at all?

"This here, is no traveled road

In fact, it may have been sowed

Just a few, yeeeears ago

When here lived one farmer, named Moe!"

Of course not!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Rick was long far from Under-Hall. He knew that the next kill that might be there, he would have to take extreme precautions. Especially sense he left the knife that he threw at the scene. His next stop was Watsmaet, there he will find the messenger who has ties with Basil and send him the message. Thanks to a letter that he took out of Otto's drawer. Soon, Mr. Klio Hajmel, will the next victim in this horror story that is Rick's revenge. But first he must traverse the Troll Fields, land filled with trolls hiding in every corner.

Meredith started to follow the troll party and saw them break suddenly. She sat down and opened up her bag. She couldn't kill them all until they dined. She pulled out a blanket that was colored green, and pulled it over her. She laid down, and watched the party, holding her bow.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Meredith saw a figure standing in the trees and drew her knives. She ran over and snuck up on him. She slammed him against the tree he was hiding behind and quietly yelled at him, "Who are you? I'm taking out the trolls, and in a way that won't draw any attention!"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Her face isn't visible. You could tell from her voice that she if female, but she tries to keep her identity secret.

Meredith said, "Black. Now, if you excuse me, I have a group of trolls to kill. If you could cause a distraction, that would be good." She then turned and took out her vials of poison. She took one that was colorless and held it in her hand.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"Anything for you." He then creeps to the trolls and keeps himself silent. He could go up to them and start insulting them. Then again, he could die in the act. Or perform some tricks, which could also cause his death. What he chose to do, had to be excellent enough for her to kill them while he's doing something.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

Meredith walked behind the campsite and looked in. The trolls were preparing a stew in the center of the campsite. It took trolls eight minutes for all of them to serve themselves, and the poison Meredith was using was effective eleven minutes after consumption. It had a sweet taste, and was colorless, perfect for its intended use. Once Rick made his distraction, she could slip in and poison the stew.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Now was do or die. He must make that distraction or they both die. "huh...Here I go." Rick walks up to the trolls and says,"Hey there, welcome to stand up night. Glad your all hear. So I heard the Basil is a terrible lord. Well no duh, he's a bat I mean." Silence, they just stared at him. Not even paying attention on what's going on behind them. "Whey is it that many people can't see that trolls are nice. Like the other day a friend of mine went up to one and said 'Hey troll face what's up.' The troll gave him and slap and died."

Meredith ran through the camp and poured the contents of her bottle of poison out into the stew. She looked at Rick and started to wave her hand at him, trying to signal to him to run. She ran away into the forest and started to hide behind a tree.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick arrived back in the woods and Meredith leaned against her tree. She took and arrow, and dipped it into a bottle of poison. She put it into her cross bow and dipped five more arrows. She looked out. The smallest of the trolls were feeding themselves, and the larger had already taken their stew. Three minutes later, she looked out. The largest troll was clutching its throat, just as it should. Meredith's poison caused their throats to swell, blocking the flow of air. More trolls began dying, and the smaller were panicking. The captain ran out, and Meredith fired her bow at him. An arrow broke his skin, and he fell to the ground. Minutes later, all of the trolls were dead, most by poison, some by blade.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "Woah!" Will stumbled backward from the newly created pit, but after seeing it had stopped moving, he edged closer to it and peeked down. Seeing Matt safe at the bottom, Will went down and asked, "How did you find this? I stayed here for months, but never found anything but books." Suddenly, the stone in his sword hilt started glowing, and felt a gentle pull towards one of the many tunnels ringing the room. "I think we should go this way", he called to Matt.

IC: Blake (Somewhere)

Soft notes floated on the breeze, giving away Blake's location to all near by. Did he care? Of course not.

For once the minstrel wasn't singing, instead he slowly played and whistled a tune that spoke of the sky, on a peaceful day when the clouds just drift across the blue expanse carelessly, seeming to have no cares.

Eyes closed, merry campfire crackling nearby, he played on.

OOC: Blake's open for interaction.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Formigan went over to the book and picked it up. He started to turn the pages and said to Will, "Stop. Who knows what is down there? This book is the journal of the ... sorcerer who ruled the Blasted Wasters before it was destroyed. These ruins must have been his castle!" He looked at Will.

Meredith turned and said, "Yes, I hunt trolls regularly. What were you doing in the Troll Lands, anyways?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Meredith said, "No." Meredith fell behind Rick, and snuck up behind him. In one movement, she put one of her knives on Rick's neck. She said, "I know when I'm being lied to. What is in the message? Are you even going to deliver a message?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"Of course I'm sending a message. And it's for a certain Lord that I despise." He then crosses his arms and pushes himself back to break free. "Though I must ask." He says pulling out his sword to look at it."Are you sure you want to know it's contents? It may be a bit... wrenching what I have in there." He then pulls out a container and holds it out.

IC: "That actually makes sense. And this stone fragment on my sword could have been his version of yours! It really feels like the stone is pulling me that way... What could go wrong?" Will confidently took two steps down the tunnel, and promptly tripped on a wire. He heard rocks slam into the ground ahead, and moans and shambling feet coming towards them. When the first zombies came into sight, Will backed up into the middle of the chamber. Zombies were coming from all six tunnels now, and Will and Matt were surrounded. "No big spells! There are too many. Do small spells, freeze them. I have a plan." The first wave of zombies rushed forward, and Will pulled out his rapier, used telekinesis to send a large stone crashing through the crowd, and hoped that his plan would work.OOC: I think there would be about 60 zombies.

"We have something in common, you know. You hunting trolls, you don't do it for fun, but for revenge. Something must have happened to you, or someone close to you." He puts away his sword and says,"I too hunt down people who obey a certain bat. They killed my family and family who served him thought they had the right to make me their son. Now I hunt them down to seek my vengeance."

Meredith leaned up against a tree and said, "Enemy of Basil, huh? It your message your sword? Anyways, once you kill whoever you are going to in Watsmaet, you should get some gunpowder. Then, hike to Dunnor. You should know what to do when you get there. Why kill solitary rats when you can take out the nest?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

"I want him to suffer as everyone of them falls. Besides, going in and challenging him would be suicidal. Who knows what secrets he has that I don't know. That's why I'm taking them down one, by, one." Rick then starts heading towards Watsmaet, then he turns back at her and says,"I'll see you later Miss Black." He then continues to Watsmaet to find the messenger.

Formigan yelled, "What did I tell you?! Ezeerf eht seibmoz." Ice encased the zombies. Then he drew the knife he found and said, "Etaerc a llaw fo yticirtcele." The knife crackled with lightning and the energy jumped off the blade. It formed a shield around Will and Matthew, protecting them. Matt started to read the book, looking for a mention of the necromancy used to create zombies.

Meredith watched Rick leave and started to walk back to the Aenkia. She climbed up the shields on the outer wall and slipped into her room. She changed into her formal clothing and walked out. She headed down to the dining hall and began to eat.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Rick continued his journey to Watsmaet, his mind still on Black surprisingly. He seemed to be paying no attention to his surrounds, for a wild beast was charging towards him from the back. He then broke free of his trance, and looked back to see a wolf with gleaming red eyes. It looked to have been possessed, for it still charged and roared at his direction. Rick then proceeded to run to the hills of the land. Hoping to lose the beast.