Bionicle Rhapsody

Arpy

So, I was browsing through my elaborate hierarchy of folders on some kind of digital nostalgia kick when I found this thing lying mostly finished in an ancient bunch of song parodies and decided to finish and post it. I think we'll go with a little Bohemian Rhapsody, gentlemen?Bionicle Rhapsody Is this the real life?Or false autonomyOn this robot's faceCombating infected RahiCanisters flyRight out of the sky and landThey are the Toa (Toa)They're here to lend a handBecause they rule fire, control snowCommand water, work with stoneAny way the wind blowsSeems a little earthy to me, to meMakuta lives undergroundWith some giant crabs on treadsSends out Rahi, instills dreadMakuta, this is just no funYou’re trying to oppress us every dayMakuta, you cruel dudeWe have every single maskWe’re gonna bust your crabs and teach you mannersKeep calm and carry on, while we bring down your fortress Hey guys, he is the thingWe have sworn to protectIs this a trick, what the heckOkay, that’s much betterNow he's a voidLet's blast him with all of our elementsMakuta, oooooooh (tentacles are creepy)Doesn't want to dieAnd his lair plays awesome fight music tooI see a little silhouetto of a cubeBahrag Queens, Bahrag Queens, will you do the Fandango?Bohrok swarms and Rahkshi, very, very naughty—Ni!(Takanuva) Takanuva (Takanuva) Takanuva, Takanuva Toa o' LightFlash back in ti-i-i-imeI'm from Ta-Metru, nobody loves meHere, have a Toa Stone, doom this whole citySpare the Matoran from this atrocityGot this mask, need to go, will they let me go?Visorak! No, they will not let you goLet him goPiraka! They will not let you goLet him goBarraki! Their squids won't let you goLet me go (Squids won't let you go)Let me go (Squids won't let you go)Never never let me go, o, o, o, oNo, no, no, no, no, no, no(Oh the Ignika, the Ignika) The Ignika's going madRemember Matoro made this sacrifice for you, for you, for youuu!So they say that we have some Matoran of LightSo they say Mata-Nui essentially diedOh, Antroz, why'd you steal my JetraxJust gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here(Oooh yeah, Oooh yeah) Here on Bara MagnaWe’ve got lots of sandHere on Bara MagnaNothing really matters to meBionicle is over...

Edited by Arpy

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

Truly, this is a work of genius. Though I have never listened to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, I must confess that I this is one of the best (albeit also one of the few) Bionicle song-fics I've ever read. I do, however, confess to desiring a more fleshed out depiction of the last few years of the Bionicle saga. Also, I'm not sure I entirely understand your explanation of how you procured this. Did you get it from somewhere else, or cobble it together yourself?

All told, this is an excellent song, and I think I'll go listen to the original song to get a feel for the tune.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

You've truly outdone yourself here, Arpy -- a classic Queen song for a classic theme, good old Bionicle. To be perfectly honest, while I love how you've kept the rhythm perfect, I agree with X-Ray: you really skipped over 2004 through 2010. I'm fine with your 2-sentence description of Bara Magna, but perhaps you could have shown 2004-2005 and 2006 some more love.I don't suppose you've thought of any good songs to base a Hero Factory tune on? Perhaps Another One Bites the Dust? :P~B~

Edited by Ballom

Truly, this is a work of genius. Though I have never listened to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, I must confess that I this is one of the best (albeit also one of the few) Bionicle song-fics I've ever read. I do, however, confess to desiring a more fleshed out depiction of the last few years of the Bionicle saga. Also, I'm not sure I entirely understand your explanation of how you procured this. Did you get it from somewhere else, or cobble it together yourself? All told, this is an excellent song, and I think I'll go listen to the original song to get a feel for the tune. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:
Oh, I cobbled it together myself. I wouldn't say it's a songfic so much as a parody, but I suppose that's a relatively minor semantic detail.And if you've never listened to Queen, you should get on that. Stat.
You've truly outdone yourself here, Arpy -- a classic Queen song for a classic theme, good old Bionicle. To be perfectly honest, while I love how you've kept the rhythm perfect, I agree with X-Ray: you really skipped over 2004 through 2010. I'm fine with your 2-sentence description of Bara Magna, but perhaps you could have shown 2004-2005 and 2006 some more love.I don't suppose you've thought of any good songs to base a Hero Factory tune on? Perhaps Another One Bites the Dust? :P~B~
I have not, which is probably because I could only care a little bit less about whatever story HF has.Regarding the short shrift given to 2004-2010, that is because 2001-2003 were objectively the best years of Bionicle. ;p

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png