• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Star Trek Topic

star trek science fiction tv

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,724 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 28 2013 - 01:39 AM

After watching through the 2009 version, I felt uneasy about the unwarranted scene with Kirk and green lady. The plot line itself was both unoriginal and uninteresting. Oddly enough, however, I have high hopes about Into Darkness... :P

:s:

It wasn't just that scene...but anyway, I would rather not talk about that. :no:

I think Into Darkness might be better because the trailers imply that Kirk is going to get a moral comeuppance, and also because the story is free of the college-kid stuff. It seems we will see more of Kirk on the bridge fighting bad guys (what he's good at) instead of being messed up. 

#122 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,177 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 30 2013 - 07:47 AM

Assuming the latest video game's been released, has anyone managed to work out a deck plan of the JJprise yet?

...not even converted the maps?

Edited by CHTrilogy, May 08 2013 - 07:29 AM.

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

#123 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,021 posts

Posted May 23 2013 - 01:20 AM

Well, I guess I'm not going to watch the new movie. The last one already annoyed me enough; the thing is, I am not all too happy with the new timeline, and the movies' action level is just too high for me to be able to watch them without a voice at the back of my mind going all "this isn't Star trek, this isn't Star Trek..."

Although of course, the series are already kinda old, and back when things were different. Storytelling was different. And from what I've heard about the new movies I guess they fit in with todays' story telling methods. Generally, I feel movies have become more violent, whether that's a good thing or not I don't know, I just don't like how different the approach is to modern story telling. Then again, a movie with a story line like "We're now going to save everyone diplomatically in spaaaace." would maybe be 'boring', and not really work these days, who knows. :shrugs:

~~~

Voyager, from what I've watched, is essentially watered down TNG with less interesting characters, more techno-babble and a psychopathic madwomen for a captain. It's not a bad show, not really, but neither is it a good one.

... I liked Captain Janeway a lot. :/

screenshot_53.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#124 Offline Cadias

Cadias
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,907 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2013 - 11:36 PM

I've heard that the new movie is pretty good, or at least passable. While I didn't much care for the 2009 one, I still plan on seeing it in theaters if I can.

Modern movies tend to focus on fancy graphics and exciting, action-packed scenes. Star Trek didn't focus so much on action as it did on being thought-provoking; some of the most famous episodes are the ones that make you sit back and think once the episode is done. I guess the average person doesn't find that very entertaining anymore.

I thought Voyager was pretty good. My favorite, though, was DS9.

#125 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted May 23 2013 - 11:41 PM

The new movie was better than the first. I quite enjoyed it.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#126 Offline The Xinlo

The Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,466 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2014 - 10:39 PM

I think it's time to give this old gal a bump. Any new STO players on here at all? I've been playing for about a year now and it's a really fun (if glitchy) game.

Also rewatched all of Enterprise and I loved it. Season 3 was fairly awful (I only made it a few episodes in then just wiki'd the "important" episodes, plot-wise, and just watched them) but all the other seasons, especially the first and fourth, were brilliant.

Shame they never got the chance to implement the NX-01 refit plan for season 5 to bring it closer to the TOS Enterprise. Just got a model kit of that ship, and it would have looked so awesome in the show.

I have also been slowly collecting the Voyager DVDs; I've got seasons 2, 3, and 4 so far. They're both hard to find and extremely expensive.

rushbanner.png

"And the meek shall inherit the earth..."

#127 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 20 2014 - 11:44 AM

Unsure about new players, but I'm still there hanging with friends, usually. :P

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#128 Offline The Xinlo

The Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,466 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2014 - 03:18 PM

Yes I found you online the other day at the tailor. :P

Meant to ask, a few friendsand I want to make our own fleet and we need a fifth person. Would you be willing? You don't need to actually be in the fleet once it's made, we're just short one person to start it.

rushbanner.png

#129 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 10:55 AM

Ah yes, the tailor. One of my favourite pasttimes. :P

Sure, suppose I could help out if I can find an unfleeted character. :)

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#130 Offline The Xinlo

The Xinlo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,466 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 01:03 PM

I waste tons of time messing with outfits too lol... and all my officers need to match, so yeah. It doesn't help that my computer likes to crash when I use the tailor, though.

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully we can all get on at the same time at some point

rushbanner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users