The Official Star Trek Topic

Xinlo

May 17, 2013.That's currently the official release date for Trek 12.Also, Benicio del Toro is in talks to be the next villain.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

No one knows yet, but it's with the new crew. :P

Meh... well who knows, maybe it will be fine.I didn't really like Star Trek 11 though; IMO the focus was too much on action, making it less "Star Trek" than it should have been...then again, if they ever made a movie about the Borg, I'm sure I'd love it to bits, even though the Borg definitely provide enough material for nightmare-esque imagery... :rolleyes:

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 1 month later...

I absolutely loved XI. I thought it balanced both the intelligence of Star Trek and the fast pace and explosions of action movies perfectly. If nothing else, it got us a lot more fans who were previously bored by other Trek. Some of them still are bored by it, but others will look more into it and find it to be as awesome as it is.And yay... now if only I had a computer to play it on =/Also my dad got all 4 seasons of Enterprise in HD... I remember liking the show years ago when it first came on, so it's time to see how I think of it now.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I always liked TOS and Voyager. I really want to watch TNG again though. My only memory of that series is a fuzzy recollection of LeVar Burton's character being invisible and able to phase through solid objects at will.Also, does anyone else find it extremely hilarious that TOS, the one that started it all, had the least number of seasons and is now the most famous?

Edited by King Joe

So I just got these:

Romulan BoPEnterprise CSo stoked to build them.

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by The Xin That Should Not Be

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

From The Original Series, there's a few great classics. "Balance of Terror", "The Doomsday Machine", "Trouble With Tribbles" and lots more I'm totally blanking on.Best of Both Worlds is great, and so is "Yesterday's Enterprise" also from The Next Generation.And, personally, I like the Voyager series best, and one of my favourites there is "Year Of H***", another two parter. And "Message In A Bottle" is hilarious.

E8c8QpP.jpg

For TOS I'll have to say Space Seed and Mirror, Mirror.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still pretty active. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png I'm @Angarus, but please do send me an in-game mail before adding me, I don't want to decline anyone's friend request on accident. ^^

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: I checked out the first season of TNG for spring break. Unfortunately, I still don't have much time and no real means of watching all the episodes, but what I do have to say was that the pilot was...beautiful. I can't think of too many shows where so much love was visibly put into it.Oh, and the moment the Enterprise split in two was a Moment of Awesome. It might just have made the episode.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 3 weeks later...

The show is completely absurd....I've seen all of TOS, TNG, DS9, most of Voyager, some of Enterprise, and all 11 movies.And know how to curse in Klingon.

TNG: "I, Borg" is my all-time favourite episode. ^_^

They were great once, for Best of Both Worlds. Then I, Borg made them have too much personality, and then the Borg Queen ruined them further and their assimilation went from a special, time-consuming procedure to something they can do in minutes and then Species 8472 destroyed them and then they became bad villains. Also, 8472 managed to be ruined even faster than the Borg.And now the Cybermen have morphed into Borg expies.I'm personally a DS9 fan. Second favorite is TNG.

What's wrong with First Contact? It's my favorite Star Trek movie. . .

And now the Cybermen have morphed into Borg expies.

Haven't they always been like that? Doctor Who has the odd tendency to rip-off other Sci-Fi shows before the ripped-off shows even existed.
New series Cybermen are a lot more malevolent and self-centered than old series Cybermen."You will be upgraded. Upgrading is compulsory." vs. "You will be like us. We will remove all distinction of class, gender, and race."Also, from "The Pandorica Opens": "You will be assimilated". Especially infuriating because it was supposed to be a Mondas Cyberman.Essentially, the new Cybermen are based on the Borg, which are based on the old Cybermen. Something got lost in translation.The Borg's original introduction as a nigh-unstoppable, completely decentralized force has been warped over time. The Borg Queen is one of the most obvious examples of this trend. Additionally, in Q Who and The Best of Both Worlds, the Borg couldn't comprehend the idea of a single "drone" being important at all. In "Best of Both Worlds", the Locutus of Borg said "you will service us", implying that the Borg see "drones"/humanoid life as little more than support systems for the real important part - the ships.

[...]And know how to curse in Klingon.

So do I.

They were great once, for Best of Both Worlds.Then I, Borg made them have too much personality, and then the Borg Queen ruined them further and their assimilation went from a special, time-consuming procedure to something they can do in minutes and then Species 8472 destroyed them and then they became bad villains. [

.... and now I wonder what is so bad about gaining a bit of personality. Mind elaborating on that? :)I do agree with you on the Borg Queen, though. She made no sense. Edited by Taka Nuvia

.... and now I wonder what is so bad about gaining a bit of personality. Mind elaborating on that? :)

Just gonna make my say here; the whole point of the Borg is that they have no personality; they're a flat, simple, united, collective The whole point of them was to emphasize how the Federation's ideals of individuality are better than being forced into a single mind. But give the Borg individuality, and that whole thing falls apart. That's why Hugh and his bunch, and then later the Borg Queen, made no sense.
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Just gonna make my say here; the whole point of the Borg is that they have no personality; they're a flat, simple, united, collective The whole point of them was to emphasize how the Federation's ideals of individuality are better than being forced into a single mind. But give the Borg individuality, and that whole thing falls apart. That's why Hugh and his bunch, and then later the Borg Queen, made no sense.

Well I guess in a way that makes sense. (I will still adore Hugh to bits, though x3)... now one question remains: would it really be bad to be part of a single, collective mind? It does have some advantages. :/And what if someone actually wanted to join the collective? What would happen? Edited by Taka Nuvia