• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

TRU Sales Again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 2,965 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 09:40 AM

Toys 'R' Us has another sale going on this week. If you spend $75 or more on LEGO sets you get $20 off your purchase. Ninjago and clearance items are excluded, but that still leaves plenty of other sets that are fair game. If you spend just $75, you're getting about 25% off, so it's not a bad deal at all!View the full article

#2 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 16-February 13
  • 629 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 12:35 PM

This is a good chance for me to get some new HF sets :) Sadly I dont think I can spend $75 on this, as other people stated, its too overpriced.

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 24 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,396 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 03:00 PM

This would be a good deal at a lot of stores, but Toys 'R' Us regularly charges above MSRP for sets. I can't find any indication that the sale applies online, where their prices are actually at MSRP. You'll still probably get a deal overall by taking advantage of this sale, but you'll want to do the math yourself to know exactly how much of a deal you're getting. It mgiht not be as much as you think.

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

#4 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,455 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 05:44 PM

This would be a good deal at a lot of stores, but Toys 'R' Us regularly charges above MSRP for sets. I can't find any indication that the sale applies online, where their prices are actually at MSRP. You'll still probably get a deal overall by taking advantage of this sale, but you'll want to do the math yourself to know exactly how much of a deal you're getting. It mgiht not be as much as you think.

I agree. In my opinion, TRU is sometimes overpriced, because when I go there (I rarely do), I compare the prices to other stores' and theirs is more expensive (but not by much). Plus, I usually won't spend $75 on Lego sets, because my parents won't let me and I prefer the smaller sets.

#5 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 16-February 13
  • 629 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree. In my opinion, TRU is sometimes overpriced, because when I go there (I rarely do), I compare the prices to other stores' and theirs is more expensive (but not by much). Plus, I usually won't spend $75 on Lego sets, because my parents won't let me and I prefer the smaller sets.

Agreed :) they once charged me for a Breakout Breeze for 20 USD! I bought it anyways, but now I just buy LEGO sets from the LEGO stores, unless there is sale like this. However this maybe a little too much..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users