• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

TRU Sales Again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,305 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 09:40 AM

Toys 'R' Us has another sale going on this week. If you spend $75 or more on LEGO sets you get $20 off your purchase. Ninjago and clearance items are excluded, but that still leaves plenty of other sets that are fair game. If you spend just $75, you're getting about 25% off, so it's not a bad deal at all!View the full article

#2 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 431 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 12:35 PM

This is a good chance for me to get some new HF sets :) Sadly I dont think I can spend $75 on this, as other people stated, its too overpriced.

Edited by AdaptingChaos, Feb 24 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,093 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 03:00 PM

This would be a good deal at a lot of stores, but Toys 'R' Us regularly charges above MSRP for sets. I can't find any indication that the sale applies online, where their prices are actually at MSRP. You'll still probably get a deal overall by taking advantage of this sale, but you'll want to do the math yourself to know exactly how much of a deal you're getting. It mgiht not be as much as you think.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#4 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,015 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 05:44 PM

This would be a good deal at a lot of stores, but Toys 'R' Us regularly charges above MSRP for sets. I can't find any indication that the sale applies online, where their prices are actually at MSRP. You'll still probably get a deal overall by taking advantage of this sale, but you'll want to do the math yourself to know exactly how much of a deal you're getting. It mgiht not be as much as you think.

I agree. In my opinion, TRU is sometimes overpriced, because when I go there (I rarely do), I compare the prices to other stores' and theirs is more expensive (but not by much). Plus, I usually won't spend $75 on Lego sets, because my parents won't let me and I prefer the smaller sets.

#5 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 431 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree. In my opinion, TRU is sometimes overpriced, because when I go there (I rarely do), I compare the prices to other stores' and theirs is more expensive (but not by much). Plus, I usually won't spend $75 on Lego sets, because my parents won't let me and I prefer the smaller sets.

Agreed :) they once charged me for a Breakout Breeze for 20 USD! I bought it anyways, but now I just buy LEGO sets from the LEGO stores, unless there is sale like this. However this maybe a little too much..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users