Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Tahu vs Torch: Assuming I understand what "NO U'd" means (and I make no promise that I do), Torch makes good use of his edge in mind to protect himself against Tahu's fire attacks. Both fighters are resistant to fire, so it is a wise move on Tahu's part to use more physical attacks, especially with his Pakari. The resistance and mask combined make this look like a Tahu win. Tahu wins 10,000 W.

Since ninjamonkey3000 suggested this in the Feedback Thread, I did a quick brainstorm on some possible arenas for matches. The suggestion was that fighters, when setting up a match with each other over PM, can also agree on which arena the fight will be held in. Here are the ideas I have so far:

Coliseum Arena: The default arena, automatically used if no arena is specified. A simple, wide-open space with solid floors and walls. Always used in tournaments unless otherwise noted.

Storm Sector: A sector of the Slizer planet blanketed by a constant thunderstorm.

Glacial Sector: A sector of the Slizer planet covered in snow and ice.

City-Realm: A RoboRider realm filled with dilapidated skyscrapers, abandoned highways, and swinging wrecking balls.

Rock-Realm: A RoboRider realm made up of uneven terrain and plenty of rock formations to climb and hide behind.

Naho Bay: A body of water on Mata-Nui. If fighters fall off the lily pads, they will plunge into the water where Tarakavas and Takea sharks wait.

Stalactite Village: The top of a stalactite planted in the ground of Karda Nui. You can hop to another nearby stalactite, but don’t fall—it’s a long way down.

Tanker Station 22: A Hero Factory fuel station in poor repair. Jets of flame and steam may erupt without warning, and shooting the fuel pods lying around will have explosive results.

Quatros: A lush jungle planet populated by a variety of dangerous creatures.

Would you guys like an arena system put in place? If so, what other arenas would you like added?

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak

I like it, and dislike it causes a higher level of thinking and difficulty for us.

Only one arena on Bionicle, really. Make the Colisuem, Atero. Also put in the Charred Forest as an arena.

Two. Stalactite Village is Karda Nui. Every theme has two arenas.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Awesome, I like the arenas chosen! However, I would like to suggest 4 (so that each theme gets a new one) perhaps.

Industrial Sector: Home of the Judge/Jet Slizer, this is an industrial arena with large buildings and electrical energy flowing below the fighting area. Watch out for that electricity, because not only is it a long fall, but you'll be zapped!

Swamp-Realm: Home of the Swamp RoboRider, in this cramped forest there are many vines hanging around and murky waters.

Atero Arena: Similar to the Coliseum Arena, but covered in sand and many pieces of jagged metal- old armor. You can use the metal to fight, potentially.

The Valiant: This Hero Factory ship has been infected by the brains! Due to it being in space, gravity is lower and it is cold, but watch out for the tubes- if you break them, you've unleashed a Brain and the fight gets a bit more complex for both sides!

Edited by ninjamonkey3000

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

Here's my match with Canis in City-Realm, for 1500 each.

First initiate the ground where Millennia is standing to come on fire. The run up towards him and activate the Ruru blinding him, then start slashing away with sword. Then do a back flip kick sending him into the air. Jump up, activate Pakari, and slam him down to the ground and slam sword in him for the final blow.If he tries to shoot beams or disks, I'll dodge the attacks.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

To ninjamonkey, the Industrial Sector is basically just a combo between the City Realm and the Storm Sector. Confirming match with Flaredrick, here is my strategy.

Millennium will start off by making a solid light hologram armor around him to block any elemental attacks. He will use the Vahki staff to lower Tahu's mind, and start attacking head on. He will throw a disk at Tahu's legs to take out his agility, and start firing lasers. He will use his Power Fuel to increase his agility, and use that to keep his distance. He will fire non-elemental energy bolts and lasers at Tahu, and use his armor to make sure Tahu doesn't hurt him with elemental attacks. When Tahu tries to get close, Millennium will speed into buildings, and annoy Tahu. He will try to lead Tahu into the path of a wrecking ball.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I have matches with both Worldsoul and Dual Matrix(Again lol). I will be donating 500 W to both. They will be doing whatever, I think Worldsoul is putting in 2,000 W.

I think Arenas would be a cool idea. I'm for it!

Anyways!

Worldsoul/Torch:

Ski shall start the match off by slowing Torch down. Then, Ski will get up close to Torch and circle him using his higher agility to stay out of his reach, while constantly attacking him with his ski pole, and blasting him point blank with energy blasts. When Torch tries to use elemental powers, Ski will use his agility to get behind Torch, while continuing to whack Torch with his Ski Pole. If Torch uses a version of a fire suit, then Ski will use the longer reach of the Staff of Slowness to continue doing what he was doing, only with more range. When Ski gets wounded, or close to falling, he will use his Ski pole to try and deliver one final energy blow to beat the clock, so to speak.

Dual Matrix/Onua:

Ski will began by turning around and running backward about 10 feet. If Onua tries to blind him during this time, Ski won't be as affected. When he gets there, he will turn around and throw a Disc at Onua's knees, then try to shoot him in his sensitive eyes with an energy bolt from his Ski Pole. When Onua is blinded, Ski will keep on firing these bolts, using his higher mind stat to shoot those energy blasts fast and furiously. After Onua recovers, Ski will use the same tactic again, to run back then shoot him with more energy blasts. When Onua starts getting smart about him, Ski will turn and run, blindly firing over his shoulder at Onua. When onua gets close, Ski will attempt to blind Onua again, by firing an energy bold up in the air between them, and then get away again and continue his other strategy.

Edited by Portalfig

Confirming match with Portalfig, yes I am paying 2000 W.

Strategy

Somehow, Torch fights himself yet again at the disadvantage in strength and agility. Fortunately, Ski is not an elemental user, so no annoyances there. First order of business:Skiʻs Ski Pole. Torch will fling disks in arcs at Ski, creating a sort of disk trap, where everywhere Ski would dodge to, a disk still knocks the ski pole out of his hand. And the staff of slow, for good measure. This will be accomplished by Torchʻs expert throwing ability and high mind, allowing him to plan out the trap. With Skiʻs only ranged weapon gone, Torch will then heat the air under him, allowing him to rise into the air like Tahu did in ʻ02 that one time. From there, itʻs fireball time. Fireballs until Ski goes down, as Torch sort of canʻt be meleed while in there air like that. If Ski throws a disk at Torch, it will be intercepted by a fireball. If at any point and time Ski uses the Staff of Slow, Torch will compensate with his Power Fuel. If Torch getʻs hit somehow, itʻs okay, his toughness is higher than both Skiʻs strength and his mind.

Also, I like the idea of arenas. One suggestion I have is this: Mangaia Volcano. A wide lava rock basin forms most of the arena, sloping quickly at the edges to form the sides of the mountain. There are tunnels and caves scattered around the walls, which is nice, since this arena is the inside of an active volcano. If it blows, stay in the tunnels until the new lava rock floor forms. And it stops shooting fire everywhere. : )

Edited by Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

ninja and I have agreed to a match in Quatros. We are both chipping in 2,000 W.

Strategy

Lava will first use Data Refine to boost his control over Fire. He will then ignite the forest into an inferno and siphon it all into his armor and weapons. Next, he will use Handling Patch to boost his speed and, grabbing some vines, proceed to entangle Furno in them to prevent any movement before using a low power Wheel Talisman to knock Furno's Infernal Blade out of his grip, followed by a drift-kick to knock the weapon into the smoking woods. Lava will then use careful attacks to avoid breaking the vines.

In the event of one of the local wildlife turning up to see what's happening, Lava will allow the creature to attack Furno. The moment that Furno is in any serious danger, Lava will intervene and blast the beast with a Fire-type Wheel.

Confirming match with Phoenix on Quatros, both sides at 2000W, here's my strategy-

Furno will use his control over fire to his advantage, burning a bit of plantlife to snare Lava in flames. He'll use the Infernal Blade to chop through thick plants, burning some. He'll also use flames to hit Lava. If Lava tries to launch a Talisman, Furno will block it with the large size of the Infernal Blade, and will absorb the heat from Volcanic Edges and channel them back as an attack. He'll also try to wedge the sword so that Lava is stuck, and create wide attacks such as fire fields in order to catch him no matter what. Once he's nearly finished Lava, he'll absorb nearly all the heat from him and unleash it back as a huge wave of white flame.

Looks like we're adding arenas! I'll make an edit to the first post with the starting nine and begin working on the new suggestions.

Millennia vs Tahu: Millennia focuses on his mind and agility while reducing Tahu's values in the same stats, and he makes good use of his surroundings. Millennia wins 7,500 W.

Torch vs Ski: I think the event in 02 you're referring to used the Miru, though it's been a while and I could be wrong. The Staff of Slow and Power Fuel effectively cancel each other out, though Ski still has an edge in agility. Torch's use of his disk is smart and likely would disarm Ski briefly, and his toughness helps him to endure the hits he will take. There's also a reasonable difference between Torch's mind and Ski's toughness, so any fireballs that do hit Ski will be rather effective. Once Ski regains his weapons, though, having two melee weapons plus a good deal of strength and higher agility means he'll probably be able to get more hits in. Ski wins 6,250 W.

Lava vs Furno: Well, it seems you succeeded in burning all of Quatros to the ground. Furno would probably be able to burn his way out of the vines, though a well-placed Wheel Talisman at the right time could still make him lose his grip on the Infernal Blade. Furno's edge in toughness and his strategy of turning the heat stored in the Volcanic Edges against Lava will both help, though Lava's strategy of throwing Furno under the bus if a wild animal shows up is a wise call. Then again, with the forest around you on fire, chances are there won't be many animals in the vicinity. In the end, I think it'll come down to Furno's higher toughness. Furno wins 10,000 W.

Max: Sorry, Tahu already has a sponsor. Fighters currently searching for a sponsor include Scuba, Turbo, Jet, Granite, Blaster, Onyx, Power, Frost, Swamp, Dust, Boss RoboRider, Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, and Evo.

I'm facing Negative in Stalactite Village. Both sides putting in 1500. Strategy.

Despite Surge's high agility and flight, Furno will use his toughness and strength to hold his ground on one of the bigger stalactites. He won't try to chase Surge, but he'll create rings of fire to protect himself and fire large spreads of fire toward Surge. If threatened by a large attack, he'll turn the rings of fire into domes, which will be able to shield him a bit. If Surge gets close, he'll attack with large sword swings and push him back with fire. Once he's roughened up Surge enough, he'll fire a large white-hot fireball. He'll absorb heat from around him, and unleash it in waves of fire. To finish, he'll unleash a swing of flames powerful enough to loosen some of the stalactites near Surge, and loosen them so a huge rain of stalactites and fireballs is upon Surge.

Strategy:

In the new environment of the Stalactite village of Karda Nui, Surge will begin by hopping from stalactite to stalactite, away from Furno. If Furno tries to to take out his wing boosters before Surge starts flying, Surge will attempt to repower them with his own electricity. Making use of his mind advantage, Surge will try to analyse Furno's attack pattern for any weaknesses. When he gets to Surge, or if Furno manages to push Surge off the edge of the Stalactites, Surge will activate his Wing Boosters. Using them, he will rush at Surge with a few strikes of lightning, and after that he will fly away to another stalactite, hovering over them so that if Furno succeeds in taking Surge's wing boosters out, he has some ground to fall back on. If his wing boosters are still functional, Surge will start flying just above the long fall down into the swamp, hopefully low enough that Furno cannot see him. When either make their way to either, Surge will fly up, hopefully surprising Furno, and go in for a FLYING LIGHTNING KICK. Then, Surge will start flying around Furno at a high speed, making use of his agility, and then leaving behind a trail of electricity that should surround Furno, a strategy based off of his mind. If Furno blasts Surge with fire at any time, Surge will try to avoid by fly-strafing, if on ground, Surge will try to evade by rolling, jumping, and roll-jumping and occasionally countering with electricity. If Surge's flight is disabled, he will start speed-running-hopping from stalactite to stalactite, leaving behind a trail of electricity once again.

wing boosters = fun

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I'll be sponsoring 2500 against Ski:

He will start the match by quickly casting an illusion on Ski creating a "monster" behind hem, terrifying him so he'll move towards Onua, then I will emmidiately blind Ski, rendering unable to discover the Illusion, th Onua will use agility and strenght to move very quick forward knowing that even if Ski uses his staff his agility will be still a bit higher. He will dodge any blast using that, and possibly take the blow using toughness. The when he is close enough he'll end the battle against the now confused(illusion, blinded)Ski in one blow.If for some raison Onua gets(even through both strenght and agility are higher) a serious injury(disabling?), he'll make a quick tunnel with strenght and block the entrance with strenght and mind to recover and return to the fight.If something goes wrong woth the illusion he'll just keep away(agility, toughness) untill the enimy is tired due lower stats and he'll strike.

Open for battle.

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Onua vs Ski: Onua's edge in agility and strength combined with his strategy will be enough to take Ski out. Onua wins 7,500 W.

Surge vs Furno: Surge's low toughness means that the hits he takes will be painful, though high agility combined with flight means he'll be difficult to hit. However, it sounds like Surge will come within range of the Infernal Blade more than once, and when Furno brings the stalactites down it will leave him with less room to dodge the flame attacks. It's close, but Furno wins 7,500 W.

Announcements:

-Since the list of fighters is rather long, I'm considering transferring it to my blog and providing a link in the front post, along with a list of fighters who do not have sponsors for quick reference. If we end up bringing in more fighters, which seems like it may be a popular idea, then this will be more likely.

-Another idea proposed was 2-on-2 matches. Since I figure I should at least give it a try, I've decided to hold a test 2-on-2 match. I'll be taking volunteers--the first four to apply--and match you up with a partner and opponents randomly. No Widgets must be provided, and all four participants will receive at least 5,000 W--10,000 if they win.

Applications accepted, I'll post the teams shortly!

EDIT: The teams will be Surge and Ski against Onua and Furno. The fight will take place in the Coliseum Arena. I strongly recommend co-ordinating strategies. Once you are ready, you can either post your sides of the strategy individually or have one player post the complete strategy.

Also, I worked on the arenas you guys suggested plus a few more:

Charred Forest: A dark arena filled with dead trees. Not all of the Matoran traps have been disabled, and though they may not be able to hold you for long, they can cost you a crucial second. (Credit to Flaredrick)

Slizer Dome: Home of the Judge/Jet Slizer, at the north pole of the Slizer planet. Battles take place atop a tall building that you definitely don’t want to fall off of. Several computer terminals line the arena, and if you can find a working one you can program the tower’s defenses to treat the opponent as hostile…until the terminal runs out of power, of course.(Credit to Ninja)

Swamp-Realm: Home of the Swamp RoboRider, in this cramped forest there are many vines hanging around and murky waters. There are also tales of a creature lurking in the mud, but those are just rumors…right? (Credit to Ninja)

Atero Arena: Similar to the Coliseum Arena, but covered in sand and many pieces of jagged metal- old armor. You can use the metal to fight, potentially. (Credit to Ninja)

The Valiant: This Hero Factory ship has been infected by the brains! Due to it being in space, gravity is lower and it is cold, but watch out for the tubes- if you break them, you've unleashed a Brain and the fight gets a bit more complex for both sides! (Credit to Ninja)

Mangai Volcano: A platform of molten rock is suspended inside the volcano, which will erupt periodically. When it does, we recommend hiding in the tunnels within the walls of the volcano until the platform recreates itself. (Credit to Worldsoul)

Mangaia: Makuta Teridax’s most well-known lair, a place of perpetual darkness. Manas can be heard scuttling around in the shadows, and the only light comes from the pools of Energized Protodermis in the center. If you fall in, you’ll slowly be burned alive, so I wouldn’t recommend trying to transform. You can hide behind some pillars, but if the foe destroys them they may unleash a Rahkshi.

Core Matrix: The heart of the RoboRider world, a large, brightly-lit space with featureless floors and walls. Beware: traces of The Virus remain in the form of three-clawed tendrils that will sprout and attack you!

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak

Me and Dual Matrix are having a match. The arena is going to be the Swamp-Realm, and each of us is contributing 1000 W for promoting. Here is my strategy:

Millennium will start off by using his Vahki Staff on Onua. He will use his Power Fuel to keep himself away from Onua, shooting energy beams and lasers at Onua. He will create a solid light hologram of a hammer to knock Onua into the swamp. He will then fire at Onua, whose agility has been decreased. If Onua gets out, Millennium will keep his earlier strategy going. If Onua tries to get close, Millennium will speed away from him, so Onua can't use his great strength on Millennium. If Onua uses his Ruru, Millennium will blind Onua at the same time, so Onua can't hit Millennium. Millennium will recover first to his being hit first, and continue his strategy. Millennium will use a variant of sonar using light beams, so if Onua uses the Mahiki, Millennium will know.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

confirming match with flaredrick

using her Huna, she will disappear from sight to gather up water and compress it. about 50 gallons compressed into the space of one. then, getting behind him about 10 feet, she will blast him with it, and dodge out of the way as he recovers and throws fire behind her. should he start throwing fire randomly, she will use water to sweep him off his feet and douse wherever he is shooting fire. then, after 8 or 9 water tosses, she will drop the invisibility, charging him. if he starts shooting fire balls, she will bring up a water sphere around her, preventing his fire from reaching her. then she will engulf him in the sphere, jump out of it, and before he starts turning the water to steam, she will force him underwater, where she can fight where she belongs. using water currents to keep him off his feet, she will swim around him in progressively shorter loops, to spin him around and dizzy him. should she run out of air, she will use water to propel herself out of water, take a few breaths, then dive back in to finish him off. should he use his Ruru to blind her, she will feel out the water vibrations around him to pinpoint his location. same with the Huna. if he uses his Hau at any time during the match, then he will make water hit him from behind, stunning him and dropping his shield. if he uses his Pakari to swim to the top of the water, she will spin around him in such a way that it pulls him down. when he tries to use his fire sword under water, should he achieve a flame, she will use water as wind, using it to "blow" his fire out as you would blow a candle out, only with water instead of air.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

"A Toa of Earth in a world of mud I feel like Kopaka in a Blizzard"A fitting quote from Onua himself.

Assuming the dude will use his staff to confuse him first Onua will just use his control over mud to drop himself into the ground of the swamp, he'll then just dig in a random(due confusion) direction with his strenght, stabilisising the tunnel while he's in it with his mind. If he is recovered from the staff he'll create a later of earth over his eyes, assuming the guy will try to blind him with light, the density of the layer will be enough for his adapted eyes to see well enough, but grants him more projection against blinding light, is he gets wounded or disabled he'll just do the dissapear into the mud and wait till it's over technique. Then he will both use the Mahiki and the Ruru, the first will make duplicates and then he will be blinded and the duplicates will switch place making it nearly impossible to figure out where the real Onua is. Then he'll use his agility to speed up towards Millenia and use strenght to finish it. If the Kanohi don't work he'll stay at a safe distace and get Millenia with his(even in addition of Power Fuel) tired and then he'll strike.In case of a light Hologram Onua will stay at safe distance untill the concentration needed to controll it runs out with Millenia

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

*coughs a bit while holding out hand* You have to pay everytime you use kopaka's name

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Onua vs Millennia: Even with Power Fuel Millennia's agility will be lower, but his defense against the Mahiki is very interesting. Onua's constant disturbance of the mud is likely to draw out the swamp creature to attack him, while Millennia, a safe distance away, is free to attack. Millennia wins 5,000 W.

One more arena:

BZPower Forums: You’ll start on the Index, but by no means does the fight have to stay there! Using the available warps you can jump to any Forum and hide in a crowd of members, opening topics to spill their contents in an avalanche of spam that may disrupt your opponent. If you clutter the Forums with too much spam or badly hurt too many members, Hapori Tohu will blast you with laser vision, so be wary!