Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Phantom: Nex has been registered to the A bracket.

Wraith: I'll consider the items, thanks.

Gali vs Lava: Lava's smokescreen should work and give him a chance to get the jump on Gali. Since Lava's agility will be heightened in this match, he should be able to avoid being launched by Gali and counter with his Lightning/Fire Wheel before she can create a shield. The attacks Gali gets in will deal a bit more damage than most of Lava's attacks, but Lava should be able to avoid more attacks, and combining his Elemental powers, Lightning Shield, and Wheel Talisman should also increase the damage dealt. Lava will undoubtedly take a lot of punishment, but I think he just might be able to take Gali down. Lava wins 5,000 W.

Uh guys....the tournament date is at the top of the first post. There is no registration deadline otherwise. :huh:

@Wraith Good match. Definitely need to come up with some alternative strategies for Gali. Kokonoe mode enabled:

112px-0%2C184%2C0%2C211-Kokonoe_%28Chibi%29.png"You're quite fast. Not very powerful, though... Would you like me to fix you up a bit?" *starts muttering something about hydraulics*

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Also, I think that Malum's electricity-sensing organs are supposedly meant to act similar to a shark's electromagnetic field - by sensing the minute amount of electricity being given off by a body. I dunno, I'm hypothesizing here.

Right on. I was actually thinking of them as being more similar to an electric eel's sensitivity field -- but the idea's the same.

Onua knows about Kopaka's Ice Fog and will make use of it. And he know's the attack is coming and so, will not be distracted, and emmediately after the screen is created he will fall on his knees quickly using agility, and by so, dodge attacks thrown at him, and Kopaka will, due the icescreen, no be able to notice Onua is bowing down. And will not aim his blasts down, providing Onua the half sec he needs to summone his Mahiki and create duplicates which will mirror all his movements. And to Kopaka's view, suddenly three Onua's who should be death in his view, will jump out of the smoke and start to run.

Onua will use the big differnce in agility in his advantage, hoping to avoid any hit...

He'll run very quick forward using his agility, then, to avoid Kopaka to aim, he'll , while running, lift his right leg to the left, to make it look like he is planning to rn in that direction. But out of nothing he'll swing the leg in the totally other direction, making Kopaka miss the next shots due unpreparedness. Then,while Kopaka is distracted for a second, he'll run in even greater speed straight forward, to then make another unsuspected move. He'll slam his right claw in the ground to make a super quick, swift and unsuspected turn. He will then run in Kopaka's ditraction at his fastest, and then when just 3 meters from Kopaka, he'll jump in the air, and, just before Kopaka'd suspect him to come down again, he'll summone his Kadin and provide actual speed and liftoff for just a sec, made so that he'll actually come down right on Kopaka, instead, of , as Kopaka suspected a few meters in front of him. Thus making Kopaka confused, since he's suspected Onua'd either turn another direction during his jump, or otherwise just have come emmediatly back down, so making him, with is poor Agility miss his shot again...

The while he lands on Kopaka, he'll knock him down, and with an higher Agility, will be able to use his claw to damage Kopaka enough to win before he could make his move.

Kopaka's aiming relies on Agility, so does Onua's dodging, seeing the big difference between them, Onua's unpredictable technique and the Duplicates will allow him to dodge, most, if not all hits....

Timed blasts will not aim themselves, so these will be of little use seeing Onua's unpredictible style of attacking. Still Onua will keep an eye on his enimy and try to spot where he is placing it, trying to avoid the location it is placed at.

Axe and Skadi spine are dodged the same way as normal elemental attacks... Since they also need accure aim....

I'm back!

Onua vs Kopaka: An eleven point agility advantage is big, so Onua will definitely do well in this match. However, while both fighters' strength are equal to the opponent's toughness, Kopaka's mind is twice as high as Onua's toughness, so any elemental attacks that do get through will be absolutely devastating. Onua will get in plenty of hits, but Kopaka will only need to get lucky a handful of times, and the wider range of elemental attacks make it a little more likely that he will. Kopaka wins 10,000 W.

Confirming with Enax.

Pridak will use his Kadin and his Staff of Weather Control into battle

When the battle begins, Pridak fly into the air. Then, he will attempt to lure Lhikan into the air too. Them he will fly above the water, trying to get Lhikan over it too. When Lhikan is in the water, Pridak will increase his gravity, and cause him to fall in. The sharks will attack him. If Lhikan is wearing his Exo-Toa suit, then he will fall faster and won't be able to get out. When he tries to, Pridak will shoot him with a gravity blast. While he is in the water, Pridak will have make a storm cloud shock the water, electrifying him. If Lhikan doesn't bring his Kadin into battle, then Pridak will fly behind him and start to attack him from behind with concussive gravity blasts. He will then create a tsunami to push Lhikan into the water. Pridak will use his Kadin to fly above him while this is happening. Either way, one Lhikan is in the water, Pridak will start shooting him with Gravity blasts.

Me and DM are having a match, Pridak vs. Stormer, 1,000 W each, Zone of Shadows.

Pridak will use bring his Staff of Sonics and his Mask of Emulation into battle.

When the battle begins, neither Pridak nor Stormer will be able to see at all. To counter his blindness, Pridak will start to use echolocation from his Rahkshi Staff. This will allow him to get a general sense of the arena, and know where he is. Stormer will not be able to see or know his way around, which will be a major advantage in this fight. Pridak will use his Mask of Emulation to copy Stormer's ice powers so he can use them later on in the battle. Now, Stormer has great mind and decent stats everywhere else. Pridak will create cover the sounds of his footsteps with his staff, and create small diversion sounds in the direction of Kahgarak, which will cause Stormer to attack them. The two will start fighting, and then Pridak will freeze Stormer in place with his Mask of Emulation. Then, Pridak will start to bombard Stormer with concussive Gravity blasts and ice knives. If Stormer tries to get close, Pridak will run away.

To prevent Stormer from being able to know his surroundings by sensing the cold in the enviroment, Pridak will use his Mask of Emulation to emit a large amount of coldness.

I would like to buy a Suletu. I did not use it in either of these matches.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Ah you're right about that statement , it follows the Real Life phisics well...BUT, we are not in real life here, as in the Bionicle storyline, we've seen plenty of cases of the absorbationpf Cold, which should not work IRL but does work in Bionicle, so cold is NOT the absence of heat in Bionicle and by so should be detectable, since it is confirmed one can absorb it.

I'm back!

@Dual I'm curious which cases you are referring to, as for me no such instances come to mind.Something to consider is that cold and ice are fundamentally different things. Ice is the solid form of water. It's been established that Toa can absorb a limited amount of their element, even if it's physical matter, so absorbing ice makes sense. "Cold", however, is simply a term used to refer to an uncomfortable lack of heat. Absorbing cold is illogical, since it's neither energy nor matter, but just a human perception of the lack of heat.While the former may have been done in canon, I'd be surprised if Greg actually used the latter in the Bionicle story.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I'll go with Matoro. Shoot me a PM.

Here is my strategy against Shadowhawk. I go with 1000, he goes with 250. We battle in Atero

First Mata Nui will launch a bright flare at Malum, hoping to blind him. Then launch the training weights on him so he stays on the ground. Then Mata Nui will run to him, dodging or blocking attacks, and slash him away with his new blade. Then he'll send a beam of solid light at him to cause damage.Then Mata Nui will so a spiral motion in which light will come out of his sword, and move it up and down so as to get him if he jumps. Then he'll launch the Hero Cuffs to render his mind low. Which he will then go up to him and lash him like a Raiden lashing a cyborg into a million pieces. Plus he'll also blast him with light to blind him.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

@Keizah True - so far there hasn't been any known reference to biomechanical bodies giving off that kind of electricity. However, as it is also false, as nerves and muscles respond and reply to the minute amount of bio-electricity that courses through the body. Possibility? I'm gonna say it is possible, but it would be far, far weaker then having thermal vision.

@Shadowhawk Huh, wouldja lookit at tha'? I was correct... I think I'll bask in this moment a bit... What? It's not like I'm right all the time so I take what I get.

A good match, Keizah.

Hehe, just realized that I was expecting a logical debate on the internet. Never mind, I'm sure the S&T guys hashed this out ages ago.Besides, it really comes down to whether Pahrak wants cold radar/cold adsorption in the game or not. So Pahrak, would you like to effectively grant all ice-users heat powers too?

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Hehe, just realized that I was expecting a logical debate on the internet. Never mind, I'm sure the S&T guys hashed this out ages ago.Besides, it really comes down to whether Pahrak wants cold radar/cold adsorption in the game or not. So Pahrak, would you like to effectively grant all ice-users heat powers too?

Hey, first time for everything, eh? Plus, I think that for simplicity sake that it'd just end up being thermal vision. Plus I dunno how a 'cold radar' would work.

Doubtful that Ice-users could generate heat - using friction would melt the ice. Plus Fire-users can't control the climate - they can draw in the heat, sure, but that's it.

On the sensing cold matter, BioSector says those with Ice powers can control and absorb “coldness,” meaning there must be some sort of connection for them to draw upon. Going off that, sensing cold probably would be involved.

Canis: The Suletu has been added to Pridak’s inventory. You currently have 19,625 W.

Vox: Von Nebula’s stats have been updated. You currently have 1,930 W.

Mairanui: Welcome to the Coliseum! You have 50,000 W to prepare Ski for battle.

Ok nice...

Ok Canis, I can start working on the strategy agains pridak now

Stormer will use his mind to his advantage... He'll use the very first second of the match to detect cold and so sense the general shape of the arena, all the living beings on it. He'll then remember this and will start to attack. Around the area where he sensed Pridak he'll make the ground freeze. Making it very slippery and so, could potentionally make Pridak fall, so, make a sound, and lure Kahgaraks to him. This will make him vunerable for other attacks. Now, pridak will most certainly use the Mask of Emulation to copy Stormers power, so, he will try to sense with cold-vision that Pridak is standing more still, focussing on copying, or that the temperature of his face changed, since the metal of the un-worn mask would be cold. He will then, when the user is copying power, and is at his weakest, summone a large spike of ice, created using his mind, which will fly through the air almost making no sound. Then if Pridak survives this, he'll most likely start firing ice at Stormer, he will, sense the extreme cold of the ice and will be able to absorb it, since the Emulation mask makes powers weaker, and he has a higher mask. Then he will just add on a little of his own mind ice powers to it and fire it with great aim at the place where he can sense the very cold ice is coming from, so providing a better location where Pridak is. This process is not very tiring for Stormer, since he mostly uses Pridaks power...

Stormer will also try to mix up his small spikes with little ice balls which he will let land somewhere behind Pridak, for more sound and possible Kagharak attarction. If he tries to absorb the sound of this with his staff, Stormer will hear that, and with his higher mind will create a big enough ice shape, which will provide too much sound for Pridak with his low mind to absorb...

I can see Canis, as smart as he is use his staff of sonics for somthing radar-like. Thing is, The sound he uses as sensor must provide some-kind of sound, which will be hearable for the spiders around. Also his mind is low, so this would be very vague.

Lets get through the rest of his items(dang the guy has a lot...):

Kanohi Huna: Wouldn't make sense...

Kanohi Kadin: Sense he's in the air and fire there...

Staff of Molecular Disruption: Makes no sense...

Skakdi Spine: Higher mind, senses the extreme lack of cold and creates an effective ice shield.

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Hey, first time for everything, eh? Plus, I think that for simplicity sake that it'd just end up being thermal vision. Plus I dunno how a 'cold radar' would work.

Doubtful that Ice-users could generate heat - using friction would melt the ice. Plus Fire-users can't control the climate - they can draw in the heat, sure, but that's it.

Huh...so are you saying that Toa of Ice could absorb "coldness" to the point that the object is no longer cold, yet not so far as to generate heat? :huh:

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Huh...so are you saying that Toa of Ice could absorb "coldness" to the point that the object is no longer cold, yet not so far as to generate heat? :huh:

Actually in the MU they could even make things warm, but I won't use such a powers here, that's too far of a stretch, but it's actually quite a fun subject to discuss about in S&T

I'm back!

Confirming Malum's match with Mata Nui.

Malum will (this is getting monotonous) use his Flame Claws.The instant the match begins, Malum will hurl himself in a fast, aggresive berserker charge at the Great Spirit, dropping all defenses in a single-minded attempt to rip his opponent's head off and burn it with fire. If need be, he will ignite Mata Nui's head first, taking advantage of the distraction to deal further massive damage. He will use his elemental powers without restraint, surrounding himself in an aura of rippling flame, hurling volleys of fireballs as a semi-ranged attack, or as a supplement to his melee strikes.If Mata Nui counters with Light blasts, Malum will resist using his toughness, and if blinded, he will locate his foe using his sensitivity to heat.

Mata Nui vs Malum: Mata Nui will be able to blind Malum and get in a few strikes, and when Malum recovers it seems he'll be focusing on using mind attacks. The Hero Cuffs will give Mata Nui another opportunity for damage. From this point, Mata Nui should be able to dodge Malum's fire attacks, and those that get through won't do much damage, plus Malum has already taken a good chunk of damage. Mata Nui wins 3,125 W.

Sorry for the delay! Here's my strategy against Pridak and Canis...

Lhikan will bring the kanohi Kadin and Komau into battle. First, defense. Lhikan will create anything necessary from fire using his power to keep Pridak from using a head-on attack. If Pridak uses a projectile of any kind, Lhikan will either block simpler ones with his blades as to not exhaust his power. I know that Pridak has power over gravity, so if he tries to decrease gravity to make Lhikan go flying, he will use the Kadin to fly around and continue to attack and defend against Pridak. If Pridak tries to increase gravity to crush Lihkan, Lhikan will again use the Kadin to stay able to fight. In both cases, Lhikan will throw fireballs and attack using his swords in an attempt to distract Pridak and make him release his hold on gravity. On the offensive side of things, Lhikan will attack fast and change methods frequently, in an attempt to keep Pridak on the defensive and prevent him from using the weapons or items he brought. If the fight gets close to the water, Lhikan will make a deliberately slow but hard to parry blow to the side. While Pridak is occupied with that, Lhikan will release a blast of fire to knock Pridak into the water, where he will likely be attacked by whatever things lurk in the water... To keep Pridak from getting out of the water, Lhikan will create a wall of fire at the water's edge. If Pridak happens to bring a Kadin and flies out of the water, Lhikan will cut off the wall and begin launching fireballs. Note that Lhikan will never use the Kadin in offense, only defense. If all seems lost and Lhikan is on the verge of collapsing, he will pull the same trick that Vakama pulled in one of the bionicle books, waiting for Pridak to get close, all the while absorbing all the heat he can. When Pridak comes in for the kill, Lhikan will unleash all the heat in one destructive blast, incinerating Pridak. If the fight never comes to that, Lhikan will simply use his fire powers to cook Pridak inside of his armor, then decapitate him with one quick blow from his mighty sword.

BTW, I will bet 1000 also...

Edited by Enax the epic

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think Keizah and I have agreed to a match between Gali and Flare in the City-Realm, he's wagering 1200 widgets and I'm putting forward all 300 of mine.

A few counters to Gali's Items first:Considering that Gali is likely going to use her Kanohi Suletu for this match, Flare is hopefully going to try and stun her as she tries to use it with a blast of flame to the face, hopefully lessening her mental concentration on the mask. After all, she's the one who's maintaining the Suletu and hopefully a blast to the head should hopefully shake off a little bit of the Suletu's influence. (I think if Flare had an item as a nemesis, it would be the suletu)To counter the Staff of Illusion, Flare will try to use a combination of his mind and a small flame blast(s) at however many illusions there may be, while still moving so as to not get too distracted.To counter the Subzero Spear, which I assume creates ice, Flare has the perfect element to try and get rid of it: he will superheat it so that it melts into ice and then hopefully into steam, and if it doesn't turn into steam he will get away from it as fast as he possibly can to try and avoid it being controlled by Gali.To counter the Staff of Density Control, if she makes herself intangible, then Flare will sustain a fire inside her, if she turns impenetrable Flare will take advantage of the likely agility loss that comes from this and dodge-roll/jump Gali's attacks while waiting for it to wear off.To counter the water, Flare will send a stream of fire at it, extinguishing it into steam.To counter things like falling buildings and wrecking balls, Flare will try to make use of his higher agility.Actual Strategy:Flare begins by flying, or hovering over ground if Gali isn't using the Kadin, since flight is going to be useful here. What he intends to do firstly is make Gali chase him around the realm, mostly around the swinging wrecking balls with his higher agility so that she will receive damage from them, hopefully weakening her. At that point he will fly to an abandoned highway, and land, running down it so as to be a literally burning runner, and at the end of the highway he will start flying again and fly around Gali very quickly, hopefully at least getting some flames on her or heating her up a bit. He well then try to lure Gali into a dilapidated building, and when she enters he will run out and set fire to the building, hopefully resulting in its eventual collapse and creating a distraction for Gali. Because, unlike for Gali, fire is a friend of Flare's.If it seems that Flare will become the loser, Flare will follow his Contingency Plan:Flare will absorb all heat around him, including that of his own, and hopefully that should end up freezing any water Gali is sending towards him, or if Gali is close to him it should give her something akin to frostbite and stun her, at which point Flare will then superheat himself as well as a small area surrounding him, going from one extreme to the other and making the ice turn into superheated steam that should hopefully damage Gali. This should prevent Gali from physically touching him, so he will then deliver a flame-based punch to the head of Gali.If not, Flare will try to lure Gali into more buildings and set them on fire as he exits them while Gali enters them. And then, he will go back to an abandoned highway, and leaving a burning trail for Gali to step across. At which point he will fly off, dodging a wrecking ball and staying just past a wrecking ball's path, trying to lead Gali through so that the Wrecking ball hits her. And when it does, he will then send a stream of flame at Gali. Then he will run off and repeat various other tactics mentioned in this post.

I just noticed, Flare is about 2 points away from becoming Class C. So... yay about that, I guess? And since Flare is already registered for the B Bracket, I can't spend anything on trainers until after the tournament, right? Because I don't intend to spend.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Confirming with Pulsate: Gali vs. Flare in the City-Realm, 1,200W from me, 300W from Pulsate.Strategy:

Items: Suletu and KadinGeneral: Use the Suletu. Gali will use her element to cover the battlefield in mist, giving her cover to hide behind, a means to sense Flare's movements, and more of her element to use. A small cloud of this mist will follow her the entire match. She will generate small spheres of water scattered around the arena, which will converge around the Slizer and slow him down. Gali will take this opportunity to chase Flare with her Kadin, sink her hooks into his back, and slam Flare repeatedly into the sides of the skyscrapers. She will then entangle Flare's wings with tendrils of water and drop him beneath a wrecking ball, snapping the chain with her hooks to send it hurling down after the Slizer.Counters:Projectiles - Duck into the mist and use her water sense to dodge.Fire barrier/cloak - Extinguish using her personal mist cloud.Arena obstacles - Sense using her personal mist cloud and evade with Kadin.

For future reference, if the Suletu is in the "items" field, can we just assume that Gali will trigger it at the start of the match?

@Shadowhawk Is that so? I've found that Gali is rather subdued.*motions toward Electro and Gali drinking tea at a cafe*Waiter: "One lump or two?"Gali: "Skreee!" *pounces on the waiter*Electro: *facepalm*Er, let's just ignore that, shall we? :D

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

@Shadowhawk Is that so? I've found that Gali is rather subdued.*motions toward Electro and Gali drinking tea outside a cafe*Waiter: "One lump or two?"Gali: "Skreee!" *pounces on the waiter*Electro: *facepalm*Er, let's just ignore that, shall we? :D

*stares blankly at ceiling*

I have seen nothing, nothing at all... but may I ask why angry hordes of SWAT and first responders are storming the cafe all of a sudden?!

On a different subject, I'd like to make a third and final adjustment to Malum's Hordika-granted sensory organs... this is THE LAST, I swear it on my entire (nonexistent) pile of widgets. The organs in question are now, in essence, low-power copies of an electric eel's electrical-muscular tissues. In other words, they now allow Malum to sense the general layout of his immediate surroundings using an electrical field, as well administer minor electrical shocks to objects within the aforesaid field. These shocks will do little lasting damage, but are fairly disrupting of concentration.

Pridak vs Lhikan: With his mind lowered by the Komau, it will be more difficult for Pridak to pull Lhikan into the water without being hit with fireballs. Since Lhikan's mind is a bit higher than Pridak's toughness, the damage will add up over time to be quite severe. Lhikan wins 2,500 W.

Flaredrick: Which of your fighters is the trainer for? You can return the Shield and receive half of what you pay for it, but you cannot exchange it for another Shield.

Pulsate: You can train Flare if you want--should he make it to Class C before the tournament, he will be transferred to the C bracket.

Keizah: Yes, I will use that for future reference.

Flare vs Gali: In an aerial chase like this, Flare's significant agility edge will give him an advantage that is hard to beat. Flare wins 3,750 W.

Falcon Lord: The items have been added to Lesovikk's inventory. You currently have 5,000 W.

Shadowhawk: The mutations will be altered.

Shoot, really thought I had it that time. Good match, Wraith. :)

@Shadowhawk Apparently Gali really hates tea, and her reaction to the taste briefly broke my control over her. *suddenly intense* A mistake I will not repeat again...

*again overly cheerful* But don't worry, Corvus Industries has already agreed to cover all the damages! ....and the blood transfusion....and the organ donations.... *sigh*

Electro had better win that prize money.... :dontgetit:

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]