• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Technic Coliseum

Featured

• Please log in to reply
2727 replies to this topic

#321 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 02:44 PM

Onua vs Torch: Onua's tunneling allows him to avoid much of Torch's strategy.  Onua advances to Round 2 and Torch receives 10,000 W.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

Latest Addition: Broken KanohiShort Stories.  A style experiment relating the loneliness of a now-useless mask.

#322 Online Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:32 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Strategy against Furno:[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]

Spoiler
[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#323 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:42 PM

This is my strategy against Lava.

Spoiler

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#324 Offline Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,684 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yo, I got a question. What is the extent of the Mahiki's power? Because, I can see fooling someone into thinking you are behind him, or that there is a wall in front of them, or something like that. But I can't see using it to, say, Make your opponent think they are you. That seems to be pushing it less into an illusion and more into straight-up mind manipulation. Also, +5 to mind, please.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

#325 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:48 PM

Yo, I got a question. What is the extent of the Mahiki's power? Because, I can see fooling someone into thinking you are behind him, or that there is a wall in front of them, or something like that. But I can't see using it to, say, Make your opponent think they are you. That seems to be pushing it less into an illusion and more into straight-up mind manipulation. Also, +5 to mind, please.

There have been illusions like those in the story.

I'm back!

#326 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:50 PM

Okay, here goes nothing!

Strategy against Millennia!

Spoiler

I noticed someone saying something about songs? Here's a little nostalgia and just some awesome music to blare during a fight!

Run Around and All My Friends Are Metalheads!

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith, Mar 04 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#327 Offline Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Members

• 1,684 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:51 PM

There have been illusions like those in the story.

Wait, When?

Progenitus Worldsoul

#328 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:55 PM

Mostly Makuta ones, letting Miserix believe he is a painting and letting Vakama believe he is still a Matoran are examples.

I'm back!

#329 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:57 PM

Those weren't Mahiki illusions- more like psychic control and Makuta illusions.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#330 Offline Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Members

• 1,684 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:57 PM

See, there's the difference. Those were created by a guy who A: Was the main villian of the whole story, and could usurp universes, and B: Was using his natural powers as a Makuta, and C: Wasn't even using a Mahiki.

Progenitus Worldsoul

#331 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 03:59 PM

Breez vs Furno: Heating the ground and using wide attacks are good counters to Breez's strategy of staying at a distance.  Furno advances to Round 2 and Breez receives 10,000 W.

Worldsoul: Torch's stats have been updated.  You currently have 1,750 W.

Lava vs Millennia: Millennia's edge in mind makes his projections durable enough to hamper Lava for a reasonable span of time.  Millennia advances and Lava receives 10,000 W.

As for the Mahiki, some of the uses have been a bit more like brainwashing, so I would recommend adjusting the way it is used in strategies.  When something like that comes along, I'll generally exclude it from the strategy when making my decision.  In the future I will be more clear when posting responses to these fights.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

Latest Addition: Broken KanohiShort Stories.  A style experiment relating the loneliness of a now-useless mask.

#332 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ugh, dammet, thought I had something... Good fight, Canis.

Right, moment the tournament ends I'm gonna build up my Widgets. Don't know how, just will. After that, equipment upgrades and trainers.

#333 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:04 PM

Can I update Onua's toughness with one?Also if I use a technique with the Madhiki, can I pm you for advice, cuz sometimes it is a big part of my strategy.

I'm back!

#334 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:07 PM

Dual: Fighting in the tournament is just like when a fight is announced--you can't spend any Widgets until you're done.

Sure, feel free to ask about the Mahiki's limitations.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#335 Online Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:12 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Dang.[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Anyway, I'm gonna make use of Breez's Core Transfer. Buying a +1 Agility Trainer, which becomes a +2 Agility. (Correct me if I'm wrong on how that works. :) )[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"] 14,500 W[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]-3,000 W[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"] 11,500 W[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Also, now that Breez is out of the tournament, am I able to set up normal matches with other Non-Moving-On peoples?[/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#336 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:14 PM

Zakaro: Yep, that's how the ability works.  Breez's stats have been updated, and yes, you're free to challenge anyone else who has been knocked out of the tournament.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#337 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:40 PM

I have said this before and I will again: Zeene bought a bunch of stuff for Jet. Shouldn't Jet not have those items? If someone was to sponsor Jet, they would get all of these items without doing anything. Also, why did Jet have black-out disks, while everyone else had regular ones?

Edited by Canis Lupus, Mar 04 2013 - 04:40 PM.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#338 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dual: Fighting in the tournament is just like when a fight is announced--you can't spend any Widgets until you're done.Sure, feel free to ask about the Mahiki's limitations.

[color=#008000;][font="'times new roman';"]Could that potentially be a problem for people whose opponents do not post strategies? I recall you saying that people have a 24 hour window to post, which means that the deadline will coincide with you announcing the matchups for the next day. It's just a minor thing, though.[/color][/font]

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#339 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 05:29 PM

Canis: The original plan was to just leave everything there, but if everyone feels it's unfair I can change it.

As for the disks, Jet and Amazon were the only characters in the Slizer line who had special properties for their disks listed in their descriptions.  Amazon's disk made plants attack the target, but as the location of the fights are undetermined the effectiveness would be questionable.  I tried limiting Jet's power to merely 1-2 seconds of blackout (something everyone will be able to replicate once the Rahkshi Staff of Sleep becomes available for purchase), and he still needs to purchase a Disk and use it as part of his strategy.  The matter was never brought up in the previous iteration of Technic Coliseum, but if it becomes an issue I can address it.

Keizah: I thought of this, but I don't want to be unfair towards those who are unable to post their strategy quickly--the fighter could become stronger before their opponent has a chance to respond, making things more difficult for them.  Again, if this becomes particularly unpopular I may make an adjustment.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#340 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:20 PM

Canis: The original plan was to just leave everything there, but if everyone feels it's unfair I can change it.

I think it's unfair because if someone began to sponsor Jet, they would have a huge starting advantage. Highly boosted stats, a weapon reforge and seventeen disks- all for free. None of us started with any of that, and had to earn it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#341 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:29 PM

Canis: Okay, I'll remove Jet's items and reset his stats.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#342 Offline Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:41 PM

Strategy against Electro:

Spoiler

#343 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nex vs Electro: Electro's combination of agility and intercepting freeze bolts with electricity will likely allow him to stay in the air long enough to wear Nex down.  Electro advances to Round 2, and Nex receives 10,000 W.

Currently waiting on strategies for Pohatu and Lewa.

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak, Mar 04 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#344 Offline Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yay, money! No win, but money!

#345 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:51 PM

Okay, so I won. Or did Kopaka win.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#346 Offline Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Members

• 1,684 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:53 PM

Actually, I think there is a better solution to the Jet problem. Give the new player who picks him up the amount of money Zeene had when he left.

Progenitus Worldsoul

#347 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:56 PM

Flaredrick: Tahu won, he'll be fighting Electro in round 2.

Worldsoul: Well, I never wrote down the exact values of the stats or Zeene's Widgets...but that might be a good method to use in the future.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#348 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 06:57 PM

Actually, I think there is a better solution to the Jet problem. Give the new player who picks him up the amount of money Zeene had when he left.

Well, Dinobot already removed the stats, and Zeene's amount of money was lost even before that; it was removed at the same time Zeene's sponsorship was removed.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#349 Online Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,421 posts

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 09:33 PM

[color=#008080;]Ah, it appears Mark Surge is already sponsored. A shame - I do believe he was the first one I ever sponsored... I should go check that out. =P [/color]

[color=#008080;]Well, I will see if I have time for this upon my return.[/color]

[color=#008080;]-ibrow[/color]

7_army_update.jpg

#350 Offline Adonael

Adonael
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 10:42 PM

[color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I would like to buy a few upgrades for Amazon.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Weapon Reforge 5,000[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Agility +3[/color][/font]               [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#0000cd;]8,000[/color][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#0000cd;]Toughness +3      8,000[/color][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#0000cd;]Strength +3          8,000[/color][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#0000cd;]Mind +1[/color][/font]                [color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"] 3,000[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Disk +20                8,000[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]So I should have 10,000 left.[/color][/font] 

#351 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 11:37 PM

Anyone outta the tournament wanna battle? If so just PM to challenge Lava. Mata Nui knows I have more than enough Widgets to lose now hehe.Oh, and Exo - in the event of us being able to sponsor another fighter, will we get Widgets? Obviously not the same amount as when we start, but enough to buy a few things for the new rider without drawing too much out of our original balance.

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith, Mar 04 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#352 Offline Progenitus Worldsoul

Progenitus Worldsoul
  • Members

• 1,684 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 11:39 PM

Me and Zakaro have arranged a match with Each other, for 750 W each. My Strategy.

Spoiler

Progenitus Worldsoul

#353 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,214 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 11:57 PM

are we allowed to restart matches if our character is no longer in the tournament?

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

#354 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 03:57 AM

are we allowed to restart matches if our character is no longer in the tournament?

Yep. You can challenge the other people that got wiped out in the tourney.

Oh, and Exo... next tournament, could I please not get matched with Canis in the first round? I swear he's using that Light-made wheel-boot just to screw with me being the only Robo-Rider sponsor...

In fact, I'll sell my Layered Code and buy Data Refine.

+    2,500

=  15,000

=  10,000

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith, Mar 05 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#355 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 07:26 AM

Oh, and Exo... next tournament, could I please not get matched with Canis in the first round? I swear he's using that Light-made wheel-boot just to screw with me being the only Robo-Rider sponsor...

Your best stat is agility- I need some way to remove that. Roboriders are particularly easy to have their agility removed.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#356 Online Virus #0579

Virus #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,562 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 08:13 AM

Adonael: Amazon's stats have been updated, the Disk has been added to his inventory, and he now has Toa-level power over Plant Life!  Would you like to choose the form and name of his new weapon?

Wraith: I didn't give extra Widgets to those sponsoring multiple fighters in the old topic...then again, I also allowed players to combine their resources back then.  It's unlikely to happen, though; if we get even just 17 players then we won't have enough fighters for everyone to sponsor two fighters.

First round match-ups are determined randomly by a drawing, so I can't promise anything.

Lava's Layered Code has been replaced with a Data Refine.

Round 2 start!

[font="Calibri, 'sans-serif';font-size:11pt;"]Tahu vs Electro, Millennia vs Gali, Onua vs Surge, Furno vs Amazon[/font]

You have 24 hours to post your strategy.

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak, Mar 05 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Play Technic Warzone!

My Library

#357 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 08:33 AM

[color=#008000;]Defeat the master of Ta-Koro. You have 24 hours. Fail, and face erasure.-The Reapers Strategy:
Spoiler
[/color]

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Mar 05 2013 - 04:26 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#358 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 09:45 AM

Edit: strategy in place of question:

Spoiler

Edited by Strackkorotus, Mar 05 2013 - 11:25 AM.

76561198084895102.png

Add me on steam, I don't bite.

probably.

also, if you can see this text, you get a brownie C:

#359 Offline ninjamonkey3000

ninjamonkey3000
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 09:51 AM

My strategy.

Spoiler

Posted Image

"The one who inherits the red souls! AkaRed!"

(oh and I do an epic called 'Desert of Broken Dreams', go check it out)

#360 Offline Pulse Trijhak

Pulse Trijhak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,650 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 10:54 AM

How did I get through? My opponent never responded.Strategy against Onua:
Spoiler

BIOLOGICAL CHRONICLE: 2015

starring