Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Strategy against Furno:

Due to having less power in most stats, Breez will be on a constant retreat, backing away from Furno and using her slightly superior Mind along with wind bullets, breezes, Zephyrang throws, and small tornados to keep Furno as far from herself as possible. When he catches up, as is inevitable with his slight Agility advantage, she'll use the Zephyrangs and Titan Gauntlets in combination with a wind push to both hurt, disorient, and push Furno away, when she'll back up and continue.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

This is my strategy against Lava.

To remove Lava's above average ability, Millennium will create a solid light hologram of a block around Lava's back wheel to prevent Lava from moving. He will then throw a disk at Lava, and then speed to another location. Millennium's strategy will be to speed to different locations, attack with his Solar Axe or a laser, and then speed to a different one, so Lava can't focus his attacks on any one spot. If Lava breaks free of the block, Millennium will use his Power Fuel to get close to Lava and keep on his trail, hitting him with his Solar Axe and lasers.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Yo, I got a question. What is the extent of the Mahiki's power? Because, I can see fooling someone into thinking you are behind him, or that there is a wall in front of them, or something like that. But I can't see using it to, say, Make your opponent think they are you. That seems to be pushing it less into an illusion and more into straight-up mind manipulation. Also, +5 to mind, please.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

Yo, I got a question. What is the extent of the Mahiki's power? Because, I can see fooling someone into thinking you are behind him, or that there is a wall in front of them, or something like that. But I can't see using it to, say, Make your opponent think they are you. That seems to be pushing it less into an illusion and more into straight-up mind manipulation. Also, +5 to mind, please.

There have been illusions like those in the story.

I'm back!

Okay, here goes nothing!

Strategy against Millennia!

Lava will begin by raising the temperature of his armor until it's red hot, then evading all of Millennia's attacks by drifting around with jumps. When Millennia makes any Light projections, Lava will sacrifice some of the built up heat in his armor to send out a heat wave to distort them so they break and find the real Millennia within any clones. If Millennia turns to energy attacks, Lava will use Layered Code and Handling Patch to outmaneuver the majority of the hits. Lava will then take the heat generated by the explosions, direct it to his Wheel and use the now Fire-damage Wheel to blast Millennia out of the air.

Once Millennia hits the floor, Lava will speed in and stun Millennia with a Volcanic Edge to the head before digging one into his armor and, while melting the ground under him, spin him around with a drifting donut. Once Millennia is sufficiently submerged in the lava, Lava will draw out the heat causing the lava to return to stone before adding the heat to his Wheel and, after some weakening hits from his Volcanic Edges, point blank shoot him with the Wheel.

*Thank Mata Nui I remember our last fight, Canis. Hopefully this will be my victory!*

I noticed someone saying something about songs? Here's a little nostalgia and just some awesome music to blare during a fight!

Run Around and All My Friends Are Metalheads!

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith

There have been illusions like those in the story.

Wait, When?

Progenitus Worldsoul

See, there's the difference. Those were created by a guy who A: Was the main villian of the whole story, and could usurp universes, and B: Was using his natural powers as a Makuta, and C: Wasn't even using a Mahiki.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Breez vs Furno: Heating the ground and using wide attacks are good counters to Breez's strategy of staying at a distance. Furno advances to Round 2 and Breez receives 10,000 W.

Worldsoul: Torch's stats have been updated. You currently have 1,750 W.

Lava vs Millennia: Millennia's edge in mind makes his projections durable enough to hamper Lava for a reasonable span of time. Millennia advances and Lava receives 10,000 W.

As for the Mahiki, some of the uses have been a bit more like brainwashing, so I would recommend adjusting the way it is used in strategies. When something like that comes along, I'll generally exclude it from the strategy when making my decision. In the future I will be more clear when posting responses to these fights.

Dang.

Anyway, I'm gonna make use of Breez's Core Transfer. Buying a +1 Agility Trainer, which becomes a +2 Agility. (Correct me if I'm wrong on how that works. :) )

14,500 W

-3,000 W

11,500 W

Also, now that Breez is out of the tournament, am I able to set up normal matches with other Non-Moving-On peoples?

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I have said this before and I will again: Zeene bought a bunch of stuff for Jet. Shouldn't Jet not have those items? If someone was to sponsor Jet, they would get all of these items without doing anything. Also, why did Jet have black-out disks, while everyone else had regular ones?

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Dual: Fighting in the tournament is just like when a fight is announced--you can't spend any Widgets until you're done.Sure, feel free to ask about the Mahiki's limitations.

Could that potentially be a problem for people whose opponents do not post strategies? I recall you saying that people have a 24 hour window to post, which means that the deadline will coincide with you announcing the matchups for the next day. It's just a minor thing, though.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Canis: The original plan was to just leave everything there, but if everyone feels it's unfair I can change it.

As for the disks, Jet and Amazon were the only characters in the Slizer line who had special properties for their disks listed in their descriptions. Amazon's disk made plants attack the target, but as the location of the fights are undetermined the effectiveness would be questionable. I tried limiting Jet's power to merely 1-2 seconds of blackout (something everyone will be able to replicate once the Rahkshi Staff of Sleep becomes available for purchase), and he still needs to purchase a Disk and use it as part of his strategy. The matter was never brought up in the previous iteration of Technic Coliseum, but if it becomes an issue I can address it.

Keizah: I thought of this, but I don't want to be unfair towards those who are unable to post their strategy quickly--the fighter could become stronger before their opponent has a chance to respond, making things more difficult for them. Again, if this becomes particularly unpopular I may make an adjustment.

Canis: The original plan was to just leave everything there, but if everyone feels it's unfair I can change it.

I think it's unfair because if someone began to sponsor Jet, they would have a huge starting advantage. Highly boosted stats, a weapon reforge and seventeen disks- all for free. None of us started with any of that, and had to earn it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Strategy against Electro:

Nex is aware that he is outclassed in Agility, therefore he will once again be taking a defensive strategy. This time, he is mobile, tracking Electro as he flies across the arena while dodging or blocking with his Multi-Tool Ice Shield, and countering occasionally with a freeze blast. He will look for an opening for attack, and attempt to ground Electro. If he is successful, he will immediately freeze Electro in order to prevent him from using the Ice Crystal or Solar Radiation. He will then damage Caelum and Electro's wings. Afterwards, he will attack until Electro cannot fight anymore.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Nex vs Electro: Electro's combination of agility and intercepting freeze bolts with electricity will likely allow him to stay in the air long enough to wear Nex down. Electro advances to Round 2, and Nex receives 10,000 W.

Currently waiting on strategies for Pohatu and Lewa.

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak

Actually, I think there is a better solution to the Jet problem. Give the new player who picks him up the amount of money Zeene had when he left.

Well, Dinobot already removed the stats, and Zeene's amount of money was lost even before that; it was removed at the same time Zeene's sponsorship was removed.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Anyone outta the tournament wanna battle? If so just PM to challenge Lava. Mata Nui knows I have more than enough Widgets to lose now hehe.Oh, and Exo - in the event of us being able to sponsor another fighter, will we get Widgets? Obviously not the same amount as when we start, but enough to buy a few things for the new rider without drawing too much out of our original balance.

Me and Zakaro have arranged a match with Each other, for 750 W each. My Strategy.

First of all, Torch will use his AWESOME MIND to raise the heat of Breeze past what it should be, causing a bunch of resistence in her wires and slowing her down. He will then make the agility penalty permanent with disks to the knees. With Breeze's agility hampered, Torch will use the excess heat for something useful, namely an explosion with Breeze at the center. Any tornadoes will be countered by heating of the air, causing them to float over torch harmlessly. Torch will then use his power fuel to get in close, using the agility boost to take Breeze down with a rapid salvo of AMAZING MIND fire boosted Falcon Punches, While using his large toughness to power through attacks, and the now decent agility to dodge others. If Breeze tries to take to the air, A salvo of heat-seeking fireballs will bring her down.

Progenitus Worldsoul

are we allowed to restart matches if our character is no longer in the tournament?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

are we allowed to restart matches if our character is no longer in the tournament?

Yep. You can challenge the other people that got wiped out in the tourney.

Oh, and Exo... next tournament, could I please not get matched with Canis in the first round? I swear he's using that Light-made wheel-boot just to screw with me being the only Robo-Rider sponsor...

In fact, I'll sell my Layered Code and buy Data Refine.

+ 2,500

= 15,000

= 10,000

Oh, and Exo... next tournament, could I please not get matched with Canis in the first round? I swear he's using that Light-made wheel-boot just to screw with me being the only Robo-Rider sponsor...

Your best stat is agility- I need some way to remove that. Roboriders are particularly easy to have their agility removed.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Adonael: Amazon's stats have been updated, the Disk has been added to his inventory, and he now has Toa-level power over Plant Life! Would you like to choose the form and name of his new weapon?

Wraith: I didn't give extra Widgets to those sponsoring multiple fighters in the old topic...then again, I also allowed players to combine their resources back then. It's unlikely to happen, though; if we get even just 17 players then we won't have enough fighters for everyone to sponsor two fighters.

First round match-ups are determined randomly by a drawing, so I can't promise anything.

Lava's Layered Code has been replaced with a Data Refine.

Round 2 start!

Tahu vs Electro, Millennia vs Gali, Onua vs Surge, Furno vs Amazon

You have 24 hours to post your strategy.

Edited by Dinobot Pahrak

Defeat the master of Ta-Koro. You have 24 hours. Fail, and face erasure.-The Reapers Strategy:

Electro will blast Tahu with lighting immediately at the start of the match, creating as much noise and light as possible to break Tahu's focus and prevent him from using his mask. Then he will fly high into the air and generate a thunder storm, which will: A. Obscure Electro from sight, making Tahu's long-range attacks less likely to hit. B. Form a visual barrier to protect Electro from being blinded. C. Continually damage Tahu with lightning while staying out of range of his physical attacks (yes, the storm is higher than Tahu can jump). Electro will also take this opportunity to use his Ice Crystals, raising his toughness to the point that he can withstand any lucky shots.If Tahu manages to ground Electro, he will run around the arena in erratic patterns generating discharges of electricity, capitalizing on his high agility to avoid Tahu's attacks while also damaging the toa. Once Electro is a good distance away he will switch to firing bolts from Caelum.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Edit: strategy in place of question:

using her water powers, Gali will create a suit of armor, so if Millennia sends anything to hit her, she can catch it and throw it back. creating a wave from no-where, the wave sweeps over a large radius, so Millennia's high agility won't come into play. he starts trying to swim in an effort to stay on top of the water, exhausting him. Gali calmly walks on water towards him and he starts to panic, limiting his mind slightly as his thoughts are focused on getting out. she then uses her Kakama to run around him counter-clockwise, lifting him and the water into the air. she stops suddenly, and he plummets and he REALLY starts to panic. catching him, she does it again and again until he passes out from fear. should he at any time start to fight back, she will create a water shield in front of her and catch his hand, engulf him in the water from the shield, and catapult him into the air. after he's out cold, she uses water to dig a grave for him, and puts him in to suffocate to death

Edited by Strackkorotus

Previously known as Aiwendil.

My strategy.

Amazon controls plants. Fire burns plants. There's the basics.

Beyond that, however, I'm constantly rolling from side to side, heating my own body to burn any plants that try to hold a grasp on me. I also use a wide fire spread to attack along with smaller fireballs. If he tries to evade me, I take chase with the Infernal Blade, swinging wildly with fire. If he tries to use plants to attack, I quickly burn them to ashes. Despite his higher strength, I take advantage of his equal agility and lower mind to dodge disks and burn any of his attacks that try to get by me. I'll finish the fight by superheating the ground, making plantlife nearly instantly burn due to the hot land, and then swing at Amazon while he can't do much.

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

How did I get through? My opponent never responded.Strategy against Onua:

Once gain, Surge will make use of his number one rule: do not get close to the enemy, especially if their strength is through the roof. Surge will begin by getting as far away from Onua as he possibly can, and if Onua attempts to use his powers over Earth to ensnare Surge, then Surge will make use of his electricity powers to destroy the snare. If Onua attempts to use his Kanohi Mahiki, Surge will send out three consecutive blasts at all things that may or may not be an illusion. If Onua takes the time to use his Kanohi Ruru, Surge will try to blast Onua's mask with electricity, while then attempting to roll away. Whenever Surge feels he is far away enough, Surge will begin strafing around Onua, ducking, rolling, jumping every now and then. Periodically, he will fire a volley of arrows of lightning from his bow. If at any point Onua gets too close to Surge, Surge will blast Onua's face with a stream of lightning. Whenever Onua gets weakened, Surge will charge himself with lightning, as he usually does by now, and run at Onua while blasting him with electricity. When Surge gets weakened, Surge will charge himself with lightning, and get in physical range of Onua, waiting for his hopefully final attack.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.