Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

@Wraith It is a strategy that Canis introduced around the time of the third tournament (or was it the second?). The basic premise is that light-users can use their element to sense light around them, essentially allowing them to "see" while blinded. Like most elemental abilities this has to be consciously activated (or in this case, explicitly mentioned in the strategy), which is probably the reason it did not kick in during Meta's match.@Meta Mind Huh, this is actually the first time I've seen someone try to contest a match. However, Pahrak's not likely to change the results after the fact, so it's probably best just to let this one go. Never mind, missed your last post. :)EDIT: On the subject of radar, I think I saw Vox do that with gravity once, so that strategy is probably fair game for most element-users. :P

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

@Wraith It is a strategy that Canis introduced around the time of the third tournament (or was it the second?). The basic premise is that light-users can use their element to sense light around them, essentially allowing them to "see" while blinded. Like most elemental abilities this has to be consciously activated (or in this case, explicitly mentioned in the strategy), which is probably the reason it did not kick in during Meta's match.

Hm, true.*scribble scribble*Never... assume... something... is... implied...

EDIT: On the subject of radar, I think I saw Vox do that with gravity once, so that strategy is probably fair game for most element-users. :P

True, true. Fire and Ice users have heat-sense, Air users have air-sense (or sonar), Sonic users have sonar, Light users have light-sense/radar, Psionic users have mind-reading, Iron users can sense metal (such as the opponent's armor), Earth, Sand, and Stone users have tremor-sense so long as their opponent is over the right substance for their element, and so on. And of course, Lightning can do anything as usual. XP

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Ahhh, Light Echolocation... Now I getcha... So, we have (so far) various types of sonar abilities and, effectively, thermal sensors. Anything else I should know about?

Also - A Kakama + Air user means that the Air user can utilise a hurricane/tornado's inherent speed to boost the Kakama's speed properties, which in turn increases the power of the hurricane/tornado, which in turn increases the speed of the user. Yes, I did just give Air-type users a reason to buy the Agility boost items. I also have my plans to deal with that, so I'm not outmatched by my own advice/possible strategies.

On a related note to the topic, Lava and Kiina available for fights.

Ahhh, Light Echolocation... Now I getcha... So, we have (so far) various types of sonar abilities and, effectively, thermal sensors. Anything else I should know about?

Yes, but I'm not sharing until I can use them. :P

Also - A Kakama + Air user means that the Air user can utilise a hurricane/tornado's inherent speed to boost the Kakama's speed properties, which in turn increases the power of the hurricane/tornado, which in turn increases the speed of the user. Yes, I did just give Air-type users a reason to buy the Agility boost items. I also have my plans to deal with that, so I'm not outmatched by my own advice/possible strategies.

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHDon't tell them that Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I believe me and Vox have agreed to a match between Flare and Kopaka, in the arena Seismic Showdown. I'm putting in 1,000W.

Flare will be bringing in the Vahki Staff and Staff of Molecular Disruption, the latter to destroy Kopaka's Kadin Nuva.

Counters: To counteract shadow blinding him or misdirecting, whenever and if Kopaka casts a shadow over the arena to impair Flare, he will lower any and all use of his element, trying to reduce even his own body temperature so that he can detect Kopaka's own body heat in the shadows.

If Flare can detect that Flare is about to use an attack that particularly relies on high mind, Flare will dart over and use the Vahki Staff to hopefully either lessen its impact or interrupt it.

Strategy:

In an arena where the ground is constantly shaking, having flight against a flightless opponent is a very good thing, so Flare will make use of his flight almost instantly by darting up and hopefully avoiding any particularly volatile earthquakes, geysers, and magma explosions. When he possibly can, Flare will also try and influence the flaming embers near Kopaka to be a little more volatile, so that burn for a little longer and hopefully have a higher chance of damaging him.

Flare will make use of his agility, elemental power over fire, and the dust and ash raining down lightly on the battlefield, to quickly circle around at several angles to create a ball of flaming dust and ash, which he will then send towards Kopaka. Flare will also try and avoid any shadow bolts of Kopaka's. He will repeat the flaming sphere thing until Kopaka starts preparing an attack, then he will use his Slizer Cosmic Armor boost to boost his own toughness, and then dive-bomb Kopaka, covered in fire, then swooping back up, trying to avoid any arena hazards along the way.

Good luck to Vox.

Oh, and Meta-Mind? I believe we still have stuff to attend to in terms of fights. ;)

Edited by Pulsate

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Time to try this again. :P

I'm going to dual-sponsor Luna, and purchase a Weapon Upgrade. I would like her new element to be Shadow, and her new weapon to be a scythe/hammer combination. (Scythe blade on one end of the head, hammer face on the other.) The weapon will be called the 'ShadowStar Scythe.'

Now, before I make any more purchases, I have a question. If I get the Meteor Armor, when the next tournament rolls around, will only the fighter that's enrolled be able to have a free stat point when training, or will both be able to get a free point?

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Zakaro: You have been given an additional 30,000 W to prepare Luna for battle. Her weapon has been reforged, and she now has Toa-level power over Shadow! Every fighter with a training bonus can use it whether they were registered in a tournament or not. If you upgraded her now, you could use the bonus right away, in fact.

Well then, I would indeed like to do that. :P

Buying the Meteor Armor, which will make Luna into Luna Galaxia, and I'm also training her with a +1 in Mind, which becomes a +2 due to the bonus point.

Both Breez and Luna are open for battle, and if I'm correct there's still a champion or two for Breez to fight, which I'm open to as well. :)

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

match against gali

bringing Kadin nuva and Skakdi spine
Ok kopaka will begin by surrounding gali in a sphere of darkness that will hopefully blind her. From there he will activate his kadin and fly towards gali with all his might. While on trajectory to her he will be using impact blasts and shadow daggers to strike at her. He will extend his ice swords and use them to strike at her dead on. Before the shadow sphere collapses kopaka will circle around gali with the kadin delivering blow after blow with his swords. He will also be using the impact blasts to attack her. When the sphere dissapates he will fly away from her then as he leves back out he wil hold his shield infront of him and fly directly at her with hopes of ramming her into the swamp water. Unbeknownst to her kopaka had set a delayed elemental blast that when activated will cover the swamps surface with a layer of shadow preventing her from escaping right away. This should provide the thing that lurks in the swamp water time to attack her. If she manages to escape kopaka will fly away from her and attack her with impact blasts and shadow daggers. At one point he will coat his shield in a thin layer of shadow and throw it directly at gali and then summon it back with the shadow which should allow it to hit her again. He will continue this strategy of attacking with impact blasts and shadow daggers with the occasional shield throw.

Flare versus Kopaka, Flare sponsored for 1000 and Kopaka for 2000, Arena Seismic Showdown

Kadin nuva and skakdi spine
Kopaka will begin by getting as far away from Flare as he can. Once he does this he will use his power of shadow to creat little platforms above the actual arena that he can stand on. Frome these he will assault flare with speedy attacks of shadow daggers and impact blasts. kopaka will then continue this strategy of attack while avoding Flares attacks. Kopaka will then set a delayed elemental attack that once flare flies will activate. Essentially it will be a shadow ball and chain that will drag him back down to the arena. While flare is confused and disoriented by the sudden fall kopaka will run up to him and deliver several close range impact blasts and sword strikes. He will retreat again and continue with the impact blasts and shadow daggers.
Counter
Now to counter the geysers and magma he will use his shield. He will coat the shield in a thick layer of shadow and will stand on the shield. This way if there is a geyser or magma explosion it is his shield that will be thrusted in the air and prevent any real damage to him.
Kopaka will also use the skakdi spine to attack the ground underneath Flare and try and cause a magma explosion near him to cause him damage.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Gali vs Kopaka: Gali should be able to launch herself before Kopaka can effectively blind her, giving her a chance to get in some hits before the technique takes effect. She will be blinded, but Kopaka will move in to attack physically while she is, and with her higher agility and the range of her staff, she should be able to hit him a few times before he runs off (though she’ll take solid damage as well). I think this will give Gali enough of a headstart that she’ll be able to stay a step ahead for the rest of the battle. Gali wins 12,500 W.

Kopaka vs Flare: Creating shadow platforms is a good move on Kopaka’s part. Flare’s massive agility advantage should let him avoid most of Kopaka’s attacks while getting in several of his own, and though the ball and chain will leave him vulnerable temporarily, Flare can activate his Vahki Staff as Kopaka charges in, giving him a chance to do more damage. However, after the disorientation wears off, Flare will have his agility heavily restricted, and a shadow construct fueled by Kopaka’s high mind will be difficult to break. Further, he will be more vulnerable to the arena hazards when land-bound. Kopaka wins 7,500 W.

Also of note: I would like to point out that the Golden Armor is either overpowered or underpriced, given that it's essentially a metagame counter counter counter. Now to find an item which can cancel it...

Well, one could make the argument that occupying an item slot while having no other functions is justification enough, especially if your opponents predict that you will bring it and leave their staves at home. It also has the downside of preventing the user himself from using staves. That said, it is cheaper than many of the things it is meant to counter, particularly the Staff of Silence and elemental staves.*sees Flare' s stats*(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻No! I mastu be zeh fastas! Plassu faivu agility turaina!

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Well, one could make the argument that occupying an item slot while having no other functions is justification enough, especially if your opponents predict that you will bring it and leave their staves at home. It also has the downside of preventing the user himself from using staves. That said, it is cheaper than many of the things it is meant to counter, particularly the Staff of Silence and elemental staves.*sees Flare' s stats*(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻No! I mastu be zeh fastas! Plassu faivu agility turaina!

Yes, one could argue that... but it has the side benefit of preventing the use of Staves of Molecular Disruption, by far the most common metagame-counter counter (for Suletu and the like). So just take a low Mind and high everything else, then bring a Suletu and Golden Armor... well, I think you can see where this is going.although a Skakdi or Barraki can have a metagame counter counter counter counter...Probably overthinking this. Edited by Meta-Mind

Gotta go fast

You're too slowWAIT HOLD ON A SECOND I kinda wanna sponsor a Skakdi now. Lemme just see who's available, then maybe...

I suppose I could increase the price of the Golden Armor, although since Keizah already has one... Assuming I understood that correctly, you're asking for a +5 agility trainer? Gotta go fast

Yes. To be fair, I'm sure any attempt of mine to pronounce Japanese words would be equally ridiculous. :D

Yes, one could argue that... but it has the side benefit of preventing the use of Staves of Molecular Disruption, by far the most common metagame-counter counter (for Suletu and the like). So just take a low Mind and high everything else, then bring a Suletu and Golden Armor... well, I think you can see where this is going.

Huh, that does sound familiar. I wonder why no one has tried doing that before. :P Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

2v2: Breez and Luna vs. Tahu and Mata-Nui!

Arena: Stalactite Village

Amount: 1400 Flaredrick, 1600 myself (Zakaro)

Strategy:

Breez: ~Titan Gauntlets~ {Axonn's Axe}

Luna: Boosting ~Mind~

Overall: The female duo will aim to change this battle into almost a SSB match, with Luna wearing them down and Breez sending them flying off the stalactite. Agility will be their main asset, as is usual for Breez.

Offense: When the match begins, both females will fire off a pure energy blast (Axonn's Axe/star-blasts) at the opponent closest to their Class, (Breez->Tahu, Luna->Mata-Nui) and then run in separate directions, forcing the males to split their attention. With that done, Luna will begin to pepper Mata-Nui with shadow bolts, dodging the light blasts he throws at her and tossing in a star-blast or two to throw him up. Breez on the other hand will be using her Zephyrangs, wind blades, and Axe blasts to wear Tahu down, either dodging his shadow blasts or knocking them to the side with the Axe. After a while, they'll move onto the bigger moves.

First, Breez will wind-blast Tahu directly up, and go assist Luna with Mata-Nui. Luna will increase her assault, so that Nui doesn't notice Breez behind him until it's too late. Titan Gauntlets on, and charged with a wind-blast, the Axe will send Mata-Nui flying far away, perhaps even into the dome of Karda Nui. Tahu should land about now, and Breez will go on to divert him while Luna moves to the other side of the arena. This time, Breez will be the one increasing her assault, and Luna is the one coming up behind. Breez will taunt Tahu into charging at her, and when the Toa begins to run Luna will hook her ShadowStar scythe around his waist, and by the time the hot-headed Toa realizes what's slowing him down, it's another wind-blast charged, Titan Gauntlet assisted, Axe to the chest.

Defense:

Swords/Melee: If either of them get too close to Breez, she'll just give 'em a whack with the Axe and move forwards. Luna, shadow bolt/star-blast to the face (depending on who it is,) and move backwards.

Shadow/Light Projectiles: Deflect. Both fighter's Minds should be more than or equal to the males', and so deflection should be easy.

Shadow/Light Cloaks, fields, AoE: Both will shoot an energy blast at the offending fighter.

Hero Cuffs: Shouldn't get within striking distance, if possible, attempt to divert to Breez, who has the Mind and Toughness to spare over Luna.

Acid Shield: Either dodge or use the wind to divert the blasts, use the wind/shadow hand to pull it out of fighter's hand.

Thornax Launcher: Dodge/divert.

Brain Visor: *shrugs*

Woot Luna's first battle :D

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Wait, surely I should have 7,000 less widgets?

2 * 13,000 = 26,000

26,000 + 3,000 = 29,000

30,750 - 29,000

= 1,750

I am also willing to have a match with anyone Class D or above with Flare and anyone Class A with Hahli.

Edited by Pulsate

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Stategy against the 2v2 with Zakaro

First what Tahu will do is cover their bodies in shadow. Then Mata Nui will run to Breez and charge his sword with light so he can inflict damage on her. Tahu will go and slash Luna and then slam her with a Shadow hand. He will then swipe her and thrust her out into the air. Mata Nui will do the same thing to Breez as well, except for the hand part.Tahu will then use two shadow hands to grab both Breez and Luna from the air, and slam them together. When he let's go, both will take out their Thornax launchers and shoot at them. Then once they get hit, or not, they'll charge up of blast of their elemental energy and blast them.Then they'll join their blades together to charge up a blast of both Shadow and Light. Then they'll launch their blast at the two. Then rush to them and fire point blank a shot of thornax. Then they'll both do an uppercut of elemental energy to finish the fight

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

2v2: Since the Thornax Launcher is shared between Tahu and Mata Nui, only one of them can use it at a time. The shadow cloaking may not be very effective, since the village is a fairly bright location, plus their opponents are quick and can probably break Tahu's concentration. Tahu and Mata Nui seem to focus a little more on melee and moves that require charging (which leave them vulnerable), so they're probably going to take damage a bit more quickly. Breez and Luna win 7,500 W. As a sidenote, Flaredrick, one of your Thornax is now explosive.

Shadowhawk has agreed to pit Malum against Takanuva, in the Zone of Darkness.

Analysis

With the exception of his Mind, Malum's stats are generally higher than Takanuva's. Being a low-Mind Hordika, however, his elemental and ranged abilities are generally weak, and he'll be relatively easy to fool with holograms and the like. Malum's strategy will be simple: using the Training Weights to ground Takanuva, rush in and blitz him in close combat, possibly aided by a small boost from his Fire powers.

General

Start the fight off by immediately lighting up the arena, producing visible light in a sphere all around where Takanuva appears to be. In reality, however, Takanuva is moving straight up at top speed, using his Staff of Molecular Disruption to disable Malum's Training Weights. The Takanuva on the "ground" is nothing but a hologram - although close investigation with Malum's electrical-sensing organs will reveal the trick, he'll likely be fooled into complacency by his opponent's readiness to "reveal" himself, and be conditioned to use visible light in battles over his recently-gained electrical senses. The hologram will "fight" Malum, dodging all of his attacks while putting off enough just enough visible light to see in a small area - Takanuva will control it from above. To maintain the illusion, the hologram will never hit Malum physically, instead acting constantly off-balance and occasionally hitting Malum with a weak laser (generated remotely from the real Takanuva's Elemental Energy when possible). Even though the light is small compared to the light in a regular arena (making it impossible to see the real Takanuva up in the sky, but making it possible for him to see the hologram and Malum below), such a relatively loud and bright battle will necessarily attract... the Zivon.Should Malum survive the Zivon encounter, he will likely be so weakened that Takanuva can go into battle himself, leveraging his Staff of Light's superior range and his light-boosted speed (along with his flight) to overcome Malum's "naturally" superior stats.

Counters

HologramPhysical Strikes - Not being necessarily limited to what Takanuva can actually achieve in close combat, the hologram can be manipulated to evade most of Malum's blows without tipping him off.Fire Attacks - Treat in the same way as physical strikes, evading only.TakanuvaSpotted by Malum - If Malum somehow manages to detect Takanuva in the sky (he would have to be flying slightly closer than is otherwise ideal to keep an eye on the hologram, but still out of the light put off by the hologram), Takanuva will immediately absorb all light hitting him, turning himself completely jet-black so he blends in with the background. After escaping to a slightly higher altitude and removing the effect, Takanuva will examine Malum closely - if that was not enough and the Fire Glatorian still tries to attack the Toa of Light, Takanuva's higher Mind should be more than enough to deal with him and wear him down at range until the Zivon comes.Zivon - When the Zivon comes to intervene, Takanuva will immediately fly higher and absorb all light hitting him (turning himself the same color as the space around him) to avoid detection by its dark-adjusted eyes. His hologram will remain and generate light for a bit longer to irritate it further, then cut off the light and vanish.Spotted by Zivon - If the Zivon somehow detects Takanuva through whatever means, flying up out of range and avoiding its spinners should eventually cause it to get bored and hunt down Malum.