FINAL POLL ANDROSS  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No cause the blade it has looks painted, and Gila looks like pure artist genius.

I would like to clarify that the piece is a prototype, so it actually isn't painted :) (And thank you for the vote).Anyways I self-voted, but I do think this poll will be extremely close. It sure is going to be fun to watch!

Although all the entries in this poll are simply beautiful, and I wish I could vote for all of them, I again went with the Tigermann. The theme clearly called for an anthropomorphic animal warrior, and aside from fitting that category perfectly, it was a wonderful MOC. Eris and Kuma-Akuma were both fabulous examples of this as well, and Sectoid Mantodea and Elebot were fearsome warriors to behold. Perhaps I would have gone with one of those first two, if Tigermann hadn't sold it to me with that so excellently crafted head.

Gila Monstrosity was also fantastic in its own right. However, with all due respect to Lolo, aside from being a biped, it simply looked like some brutish animal, and simply that. While I could rave about it ad nauseum for its own admirable qualities, among which I could include a remarkable likeness to its namesake, and the triple jointed legs I can never get enough of, I simply can not see such a creature as part of a proud and intelligent race. Rather, it seems more like a war beast that you would contain, starve, and let loose on the enemy forces to wreak a merry havoc.

And Simicarid Warrior... I have to say that's one of the most unique and unexpected entries I've seen make it to finals in a while. It's quite a fun MOC, and I'm happy to have seen it make it this far! :)

Congratulations to all for making it, and good luck!

I simply can not see such a creature as part of a proud and intelligent race. Rather, it seems more like a war beast that you would contain, starve, and let loose on the enemy forces to wreak a merry havoc.

hrm....that sounds fun :evilgrin: well, I voted for Gila Monstrosity, because it has a clean flow, Bumblebee colorings, and a part which I am not sure what it is (the yellow waist part)

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Hard one to vote for. All of these MOCs are decent showings for a BBC, and in my opinion some of the best overall in this contest.

Eris is stunning in simplistic design, even with the support base. The Mantis has an unorthodox yet surprisingly well balanced colour scheme. That Panda is not only impressive from a technical point of view, it's gorgeous stylistically. Simicarid is a goofy, yet amazingly well executed idea. The Tiger is a wealth of ingenious techniques. The Elephant uses a gosh dang elephant head I mean seriously. Gila is so smooth and organic.

Ultimately I went with the Panda. It nailed the contest requirement, both by the rules and by the overlying spirit that D.Viddy had in mind. It is well designed and stylistically delicious.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I voted Kuma-Akuma. Despite some tricky sculptural connections, diverse textures, and creative part use, the end result is remarkably cohesive and instantly suggests an animal warrior — specifically, a panda. It is a fully-articulated action figure but at the same time works wonderfully as a display piece, whereas Eris, my second-favorite entry here, has a somewhat obtrusive stand that limits how well it suits either purpose.One thing's for sure, though-- there's not an entrant in this poll that doesn't show some level of imagination, and all the models' builders should be proud of. The way the votes stand as I make this post are not quite how I would have voted if I could have put my favorite entries in sequence, but they do show that a lot of voters in this poll appreciate the same design values I do, so whichever entry wins this poll will truly be something for less competent MOCists like myself to admire.