Toa of Shadow and Kanohi

CeeCee

Yes, Toa could wear the "immoral" Kanohi. However, their moral state would not affect the mask's power in any way - the only difference between "immoral" Kanohi and other masks is that most Toa consider them off-limits. Remember that Matoro's Tryna from 2007 was considered immoral, too, and he used it just fine.It is possible for there to be Toa of Shadow, and there are currently a couple of Shadow Takanuva (whom Makuta Tridax took from alternate dimensions and subjected to Shadow Leeches) running around Spherus Magna. Since the only way to make a Toa of Shadow is to drain their inner light, Toa of Shadow would be necessarily inclined to behave much like the corrupted Av-Matoran did in 2008 - just with full Elemental Power over Shadow instead of weak shadow blasts. If you want to see some Shadow Toa in action, look at Reign of Shadows on the BS01 Wiki - it features several Shadow Takanuva near its climax, who (we can assume) give a good example of most Shadow Toa's behavior.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

For the first question, Toa could use an immoral mask for good. Most uses of the mask are evil and immoral, so they don't.

To have a Toa of Shadow, all of their inner light needs to be drained. This process makes them evil, so all are evil. If Kra-Toa occurred naturally, then there is a chance they would be good.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

wear*, by the way. yes, Toa could wear immoral masks, but they don't because sometimes they're associated with Makuta, like Chirox'smask (forgot the name). at other times, they consider the mask's use immoral, like Matoro's Tryna. Toa wouldn't normally use that because they don't like re-animating the dead and disturbing the deceased. as for the second, yes, there were shadow toa, and they COULD be good, but they would have to only be half-drained to obtain shadow powers (like takanuva). in theory, you could drain most of a being's light and replace it with shadow leaving a bit of inner light left, so in theory the being would be good and have shadow powers.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Some powers would be less likely to be able to have a good application too, including the Tryna (under normal circumstances). And I would bet that most Toa would dispute the meaning of "good" since they have a sort of all-or-nothing view of those powers themselves as evil; the Crast for example is "repelling nature", an act which the Toa feel is wrong or at least always disturbing. And Matoro was disturbed by the use of his mask.

So in the sense of the "greater good", yes, they would use them, but they might see it as somewhat of an ends-justifies-the-means kind of thing and so they still greatly prefer to avoid it unless they have no other choice. Their mindset about it isn't much like ours; we would have an easier time with powers like the Crast in seeing the power as neutral and just a tool, I think. Perhaps a side effect of their type of origins, being intended as "nanotech" (metaphorically speaking).

The only way we know of that a Toa could wield elemental Shadow for "good" (as in greater good) would be if they wore a Mask of Shadows and used its elemental power, or carried a tool that had that power. If they themselves become Shadow Toa they are forced to be evil.

Edit: Except Takanuva's partially-drained Twilight power counts, of course. But that wasn't full Shadow power.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As others have explained, the morality of the person does not affect his or her ability to use a Kanohi.

The problem with Shadow Toa and Kra-matoran is that they're in a sense forced "converts". None of them were originally of the shadow element. Thus not only are they physically transformed but also morally, and there's literally nothing they can do about it. Every choice they make is deceit, murder and other horrible things. Radiak is a perfect example of this.

When the shadow Matoran were "cured", I know they kept the same physical appearance, but did they also retain their shadow powers, rather than reverting to their original light ones? Same thing could happen to a Toa, if it was the former.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

When the shadow Matoran were "cured", I know they kept the same physical appearance, but did they also retain their shadow powers, rather than reverting to their original light ones? Same thing could happen to a Toa, if it was the former.

What? I'm pretty sure they reverted back to full Av-Matoran after they were cured. Granted it took awhile for the physical part to revert, but they all were fully cured.

1. It's hard to use an immoral mask to do good. I mean hunger, corruption, silence, and shadow (just to name a few) can do good as far as I can throw the Earth.2. No, but Takanuva was once half light and half shadow. Ahkmou was going to be one but Lego scrapped that idea. Takanuva wasn't evil, but when he was corrupted he had some un-Toalike personalities.

Toa can indeed use immoral Kanohi, they just don't want to for the same reason why Batman doesn't use guns.

Shadow Toa, well, the only way to become a Shadow Toa is to have your light drained, which turns you evil in the process. But I don't consider Shadow to be inherently evil, only something that evil beings use that good beings don't. So if there was a hypothetical Kra-Matoran that was created as a Kra-Matoran in the same way as normal Matoran and that Kra-matoran became a Kra-Toa, he might be good. But I highly doubt that will happen.

aouROFb.png

What? I'm pretty sure they reverted back to full Av-Matoran after they were cured. Granted it took awhile for the physical part to revert, but they all were fully cured.
What, really? Huh, didn't know that. :/

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Canonically, the mutations were given to them by Mutran at some point after their light was drained - if I remember correctly. The mutations would thus not be reversed by the Klakk, but have no bearing on the topic of Shadow.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I think it was the process of how Toa of Shadow are [normally] created that makes them evil, seeing as their moral light is drained by the shadow leech. Now, going by this, if a Toa of Shadow was created by different means, say just replacing/reprogramming/whatever their normal elemental powers with Shadow, I'd think they'd be fine, as they'd still have their moral light intact.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Canonically, the mutations were given to them by Mutran at some point after their light was drained - if I remember correctly. The mutations would thus not be reversed by the Klakk, but have no bearing on the topic of Shadow.

A quick look at BS01 reveals you are absolutely correct. Apologies to Chro. Anyway, back to the original question, no they would not retain their shadow powers as they were a part of the shadow leeche's affliction that was cured by the Klakk