• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

tahu is actually wolverine no wait hulk

Tahu bionicle voices hulk wolverine MOCS

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 07:07 PM

You know how some of the bionicle voice actors are also in famous cartoons  on T.V past and present

for example

Scott Mcniel A.K.A Tahu also did wolverine and red hulk and many others with the same voice he used as Tahu

so does James arnold taylor as Johnny test

so I thought if i made some stopmotion or more awesomely a cgi 3D animation

about tahu or berix ECT I could mash together lines and build a story around it!

i dont have 3d capabilies on my computor or much of anything but i would think that would be epicsauce

#2 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,380 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 08:04 PM

So I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here in this topic. Do you want people to discuss voice actors and their various roles? Are you simply jotting down an idea you had? If it's the latter, there isn't really much to discuss. I mean, a topic should present a question or subject about which people can talk and all; otherwise, we're left scratching our heads.

Could you clarify?

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

#3 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 08:06 PM

So I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here in this topic. Do you want people to discuss voice actors and their various roles? Are you simply jotting down an idea you had? If it's the latter, there isn't really much to discuss. I mean, a topic should present a question or subject about which people can talk and all; otherwise, we're left scratching our heads. Could you clarify?

Like what do you think about using the voices from cartoons for fan films?

#4 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 422 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thats intresting, I really never knew that about Tahu's voice actor! 

r34TEbW.png

Youtube: Adapting Chaos    A.K.

#5 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 08:32 PM

Taylor has roles in every cartoon on the planet. He's very popular.

Remind me - what's the point of this thread? It looks like you just gave us some trivia. And told us what you can't do on a computer.

#6 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 09:28 PM

Taylor has roles in every cartoon on the planet. He's very popular.

Remind me - what's the point of this thread? It looks like you just gave us some trivia. And told us what you can't do on a computer.

would you think it would be cool  if someone used  thier voices for fan films? so it sounds like its actually a bionicle movie!

#7 Offline CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,334 posts

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 03:46 AM

What do you mean?

#8 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 02:35 PM

He means taking voice clips from - for example -  Scott McNeill's other work and using it to dub a custom-made Bionicle movie featuring Tahu. And the same for any other Bionicle movie voice actor who's done similarly-sounding work.

It'd be interesting if someone could pull that off and make a decent story out of it.

#9 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'll tell you something else that elctro didn't say.

James Arnold Taylor is also the voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank video game series. (Like since the first one came out in 2002)

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#10 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,988 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 06:21 PM

It'll look/sound sort of weird because a Bionicle character has lines from other cartoons. But this isn't such a bad idea after all.

#11 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 11:04 PM

I can't see a decent story being constructed around lines taken from other shows. Especially since you'd need loads of samples of each character from completely different shows. There's no way it could flow naturally and not be nonsence in some parts.

stendan.jpg

#12 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 11:55 PM

Eh I've seen people do lore with less look up prank sound boards on any video site they make whole stories out of 8 wordsI'm thinking if we use thier words very generally and construct a story around it we'd have something pretty decent

#13 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 09:50 AM

Eh I've seen people do lore with less look up prank sound boards on any video site they make whole stories out of 8 words

They're doing that with the intention of being funny. And they're using only 8 words as opposed to the huge story you're suggesting.

#14 Offline toa electro

toa electro
  • Members
  • Toa

• 190 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 04:01 PM

I never mentioned comedy, I would show the link but I can't post links from a popular video site

#15 Offline Nuparu77

Nuparu77
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 48 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 06:53 PM

I think the biggest hurdle would be the overall flow.

yes, you can cut words from other media, but you can't paste them into sentances unless all the words are in the same tone, and have the same inflection.

Aso, it would be difficult to extract any background noise that may be playing as the voice actor is talking.

The most I've ever done is make a music video to a TV show using the same voice actor from another series, but because I had music playing it was easier to drown out the background noise that came with the voice.

boxor_10.jpg

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

~Fan-Made Game~

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users