• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

3D Rahkshi Lerahk

Rahkshi Lerahk 3D Blender Low Poly

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-February 13
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 08:26 PM

Alright, some of you may know that I have been bursting with 3D models particularly Toa. Anyway, I realized that my 3D Toa team "The Defenders" needed some battle buddies, so I made a 3D Rahkshi Lerahk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately I haven't made his weapon yet, but he's part-movie-style-part-my-own-design.

Rust%2BServer%2BBanner%2B%28Small%29.png

250-100new2.gif

You heard it! Vote for my brand new Rust Server so I can get some players on it!

I also have a Steam Group for it called Nice Rust Players! (NiRuPl)

Add me on Steam! My name is either Pyrous Red or ToaOfAwesome!

#2 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 08:28 PM

The spikes and the small head, make him look like he has a Mohawk.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3 Offline Voxumo: Master of Fikou

Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 08-January 07
  • 3,320 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wow that is actually pretty darn good. very good details

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#4 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,147 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 09:27 PM

That is really, really nice. It looks almost identical to the MoL one, and I really like it. I can't see how you can do such a good job with Blender (I think that's what you used), when I barely get how to use it. Though I agree with Flaredrick that the head looks kinda small, but that's nothing too major. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7, Feb 27 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#5 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 02-March 10
  • 4,998 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:06 PM

This is the best 3D model you've made so far. I've seen your other ones, just never had time to comment.

Even though it's a bit blocky and the texture looks weird, it's better than anything I can do in Blender.

All I can do in Blender is a deformed cube with extruded vertices in random areas.

#6 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-February 13
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:12 PM

This is the best 3D model you've made so far. I've seen your other ones, just never had time to comment.

Even though it's a bit blocky and the texture looks weird, it's better than anything I can do in Blender.

All I can do in Blender is a deformed cube with extruded vertices in random areas.

Well, the trick (or at least one of them) is to start with the most basic things. For the shell on the back, I started with a vertex and extruded it in a rough half-circle. I then mirrored it and extruded it over and over down the Rahkshi's back, adjusting the size and rotation every here and there until it looked like the MoL one. I also kept a picture of and MoL Rahkshi and a picture of a Rahkshi set nearby, so that helped. I have no tips on rigging. It is a tedious infernal task that is nevertheless extremely vital.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome, Feb 27 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Rust%2BServer%2BBanner%2B%28Small%29.png

250-100new2.gif

You heard it! Vote for my brand new Rust Server so I can get some players on it!

I also have a Steam Group for it called Nice Rust Players! (NiRuPl)

Add me on Steam! My name is either Pyrous Red or ToaOfAwesome!

#7 Offline GlatorianOfAwesome

GlatorianOfAwesome
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 22-March 13
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 24 2013 - 03:12 PM

Wow! That is awesome! The silver parts of the feet would look cooler if they had a texture, though.

#8 Offline Tommy_

Tommy_
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 02-September 12
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 01:36 PM

Nice job! Maybe you could make it shinier, and make the green less uhm.. spotted :P

Something feels wrong about the arms, though I can't really put my finger on it.

Edited by Tommy_, Mar 25 2013 - 01:36 PM.

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

#9 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 05:36 PM

I feel you've got two styles going on here.  There's the sort of movie style which is going with the spine head, arms and feet, and then there's the slightly more angular technic style going on with the torso and the legs.  Both look good, but I'm not sure if they compliment each other well. 

The head and spine in particular are really excellent, very much reminiscent of the Rahkshi in MoL. 

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users