New Elemental Prefix - Magnetism + Plant Life

Erebus

Greg Farshtey has revealed that canonically:

Matoran of Magnetism are called Fa-Matoran.Prefix: Fa (Michael Faraday)Matoran of Plant Life are called Bo-Matoran.Prefix: Bo (botany)

Any other information such as Matoran traits or primary locations for the missing Matoran types will be revealed later when I get the info.

• Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

*Girl scream* OMG this is totally awesome!

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay check, but why not Amps. It is the unit of measure, since the French man Amplie, something like that made the unit of measure.

Because ampere is the unit for electrical current, which is unrelated? If we were going for relevant SI-unit based names, the proper one would be Te, for Teslas, the unit of magnetic flux. Which, incidentally, would sound a lot better than Fa as well. Also, if Te were used, we would already know some of the elemental traits of such Matoran: being recluses and having a fondness for laser pigeons.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

Okay check, but why not Amps. It is the unit of measure, since the French man Amplie, something like that made the unit of measure.

"Why not" can be asked of any prefix choice anyways and is therefore irrelevant. ;) If that was chosen, we could ask "why not 'Fa'?"

Anyways, awesome. This is the full list, now, right?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm grateful that Greg is making these things solid canon, but a little voice in the back of my head is saying that he's only fixing these things because it pleases us fans without usurping much of his time at all. Otherwise he'd continue the serials.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

First: ALL HAIL EREBUS AND GREG

Second: Something strange out here, didn't we say a legal stuff was needed even for prefixes, and since Greg lost tha list he couldn't add more, we explained Vo with the fact it was already comfirmed with the Kraata, but I never saw a Krana/Kraata named Fa, how do you guys explain this?

I'm back!

Yay! More matoran prefixes! I am so glad he didn't go with "Gre" for the Bo-Matoran. He probably didn't like it because they are the 1st letters of his name. Thanks Greg and Erebus!

PS. After checking BS01, it appears that all of the elemental prefixes for the MU have been assigned! :D

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Fa - Matoran is just weird. It sounds so much like Ba - Matoran. Bo-Matoran just kinda felt obvious, however. Although with those three prefixes being so similiar - Fa, Ba, Bo - I think it will be easy to confuse the three. But that's probably just me. :shrugs:
I agree. Fa-Matoran sounds something like Matoran of Music :D. Just kidding.

Fa - Matoran is just weird. It sounds so much like Ba - Matoran. Bo-Matoran just kinda felt obvious, however. Although with those three prefixes being so similiar - Fa, Ba, Bo - I think it will be easy to confuse the three. But that's probably just me. :shrugs:

I agree. Fa-Matoran sounds something like Matoran of Music :D. Just kidding.

fa...a long long way to run...

First: ALL HAIL EREBUS AND GREG

Second: Something strange out here, didn't we say a legal stuff was needed even for prefixes, and since Greg lost tha list he couldn't add more, we explained Vo with the fact it was already comfirmed with the Kraata, but I never saw a Krana/Kraata named Fa, how do you guys explain this?

wait. what legal stuff? I don't recall anything legal with canonizing prefixes..

Previously known as Aiwendil.

For those of you that don't know' date=' Kra-Matoran is not the canon term.

[/quote']

It is according to http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Shadow]BS01[/url] and this http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=59&showentry=83461]Greg Feed[/url].

So, technically, we now have all the Matoran prefix.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Oops. Didn't see that. I just went on BS01 to the list of Matoran types and all of them had (prefix here)-Matoran exept of Shadow (it says Shadow Matoran). Someone's got to update it.

There's just a little problem: the Shadow Matoran do not see themselves as a tribe, and as such they do not use a prefix in their moniker, like Av-Matoran (or Kra-Matoran, as it is supposed to be)

Edited by The_Didact
didact.jpg

Oops. Didn't see that. I just went on BS01 to the list of Matoran types and all of them had (prefix here)-Matoran exept of Shadow (it says Shadow Matoran). Someone's got to update it.
There's just a little problem: the Shadow Matoran do not see themselves as a tribe, and as such they do not use a prefix in their moniker, like Av-Matoran (or Kra-Matoran, as it is supposed to be)
Then how come on the page for Shadow on BS01 it says Matoran prefix.

Kra-Matoran? Why would there be a prefix for Shadow Matoran? They were never supposed to be created, let alone have a name for their type.

Well this is very exciting news! Glad to finally have prefixes to match to each Matoran element. I still wish the serials could continue at some point.

I particularly like the Fa prefix for Faraday. Also could be linked to the electrical measurement of Farads (named in honor of Faraday, so I guess the prefix is linked to both however you look at it).

- :t::l::h: