RPG Forum Contest 27

Black Six

Is the rpg, figuratively speaking, supposed yo be something like an mmo

Not sure what you mean by this. You should check out the current/suggested RPGs in here, the LEGO RPGs, and the OTC RPGs to get a sense of what an RPG should be.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Is the rpg, figuratively speaking, supposed yo be something like an mmo

Depends on your meaning. According to the literal definition of an MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), that's what it is. However, the RPGs are not video games, and are instead text based. According to what an MMO actually is, if you're talking about WoW or Guild Wars or what not, it's nothing like an MMO.

As was stated by Canis Lupus, just read the RPGs currently active on the forums to get a feel for what these RPGs are like. Perhaps go through the posts made to figure out how gameplay works.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

So, I might actually post Dystopian in submissions soon. I just had something I want to say first: I'm glad so many people offered to Co-GM, but I think I'm going to do something else, something different than the normal pre-selected host of GMs. I'm going to start out as the single Game Master, and elect others only if they show ingenuity, fairness, and all the other traits needed (Traits that I don't have to show :P).

Now get talking. Two pages is much too small a topic for the 27th RPG Forum Contest.

Edited by Replicant

pNNgXax.jpg

To everyone who has already read Mystery, and don't want to be surprised to see a few changes done last minute -

I have made an addendum to the RPG. Where it previously said -

‘Description’ should describe your characters appearance and personality.

It now says -

‘Description’ should describe your characters appearance, personality, and character flaws. Note - character flaws are not some kind of physical weaknesses; they are any kind of limitation, imperfection, problem, etc. that is present in character who would otherwise be perfectly functional. This should be well thought out, and actually be something that could really effect the character.

Something new.

Other addendums -

- A few new rules were added

- A 'thank you' page

- I added some stuff to the end of the 'getting into the game' section

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well, it's almost the 24th... anybody want to be staff for The Dead World?

I'd ask the same. Lorax has already volunteered, but he may not be able to due to Transformation. If anyone would like to volunteer, send me a PM and I might consider you a candidate.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I am at a strange crossroads at the moment. I'm supporting my own RPG all the way, that's definitely for sure. I'm also putting my full support behind Undying. But now, for my third one, I'm not sure what's more important - the setting to play in, the characters I can make, or how good the idea behind the RPG is...

Karz. I need B6's hat.

That aside, tomorrow is the last day for submissions. Who shall go for the last minute RPG appearance? Who? Who?

So how and when do we vote, exactly? I don't really understand.

There are two ways of doing it.

The first way, we all leave our comfortable homes and travel to the single neutral territory on the planet - Antartica. Black Six unleashes The Thing, and whoever the last three to remain human are get to have their RPGs entered.

However, since that generally cuts down the number of roleplayers, a second way was devised. B6 opens up polls over in this forum, only renamed as RPG Contest #27 Voting for this contest. We should start off with two preliminary polls (assuming someone doesn't enter last minute, one with 7, one with 6), which will have two strange but generally related names, like "Earth" and "Reach" or something (B6 had Halo on his mind). From each poll, you vote for the four RPGs that you like the most.

After the preliminary polls finish (I want to say it takes three days for this to happen), the top four RPGs from each poll will be placed within the Final Poll, where 8 RPGs all compete. Unlike the last poll, where you could vote for four, you can only vote for three RPGs in this one. Whatever the top three RPGs are out of this poll will become the three RPGs that participate in the contest.

The only exception is in the event of a tie for third place (or, theoretically, a three way tie for second, but that's never happened). The exact nature of determining the winner is unknown, but it's generally accepted as fact that B6 takes a hat, throws the names in, shakes it up, and picks one of the two names out. The longer your display name, the better, because he uses taped up scrabble tiles. Presumably.

If the person running a winning RPG decides to drop out after winning, or does something to get banned or what not, the the runner up gets the chance to run an RPG. Presumably, if there was a tie for fourth place and one of the winners dropped out, you would need to use a hat again. But that's never happened either.

There. Everything you need to know about an RPG Contest.

Oh, and one last piece of advice - sometimes, when you're midway through a post answering a question, somebody else will suddenly pop up with a much shorter post and then you have to make your post even longer to pick up the slack.

I'm gonna make a plug for Undying.. There's way too much cyber-punk in this forum, and we need an RPG like this one. Dov has never run a bad RPG to date, and this one is sure to be off the hook. I want all of you to vote for it, okay?It's gonna rock.

Edited by Bane of No Isles

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I'm gonna make a plug for Undying.. There's way too much cyber-punk in this forum, and we need an RPG like this one. Dov has never run a bad RPG to date, and this one is sure to be off the hook. I want all of you to vote for it, okay?It's gonna rock.

Sentiments I can live by. It's also the RPG that I almost immediately had character ideas for, something that almost guarantees my vote in the polls. But I don't think we need to worry about Undying losing this poll...

Speaking of polls - everyone really should think about Mystery. Come on, people, do you really want to leave all of those plot hooks to rot away without being followed?

There is no such thing as too much cyberpunk. Just sayin.

EDIT: I have read none of the entries and I doubt I will play in any of them...but just sayin.

Edited by Vismund Seraphim

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Sentiments I can live by. It's also the RPG that I almost immediately had character ideas for, something that almost guarantees my vote in the polls. But I don't think we need to worry about Undying losing this poll...

I'm biting my nails, nay, fingers off with trepidation, dude. I'm pretty sure we need to worry.

But to KNI: thanks, mate.

... Out of curiosity. Everyone post what you're voting for. I want to do an opinion poll before the actual voting starts, for the lulz.

Here's my three:

1. Undying

2. The Best Laid Plans

3. Dystopian

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

... Out of curiosity. Everyone post what you're voting for. I want to do an opinion poll before the actual voting starts, for the lulz.

Mystery and Undying for sure; I am still indecisive in terms of the third. We'll see when the final poll comes around.

EDIT: To illustrate my concerns, as far as the other three I'm leaning towards for third -

Desolation: I really like the idea of having a western RPG; however, I'm not quite sure whether or not that alone is enough. I still haven't had any particularly strong character inspirations.

The Spherus Magna Social Observation Experiment: This RPG is good in the sense it has the most creative idea out of the lot. Again, there's not enough here to give any particular strong character ideas, and I wish there was a bit more world to go around. I understand the reasoning for having a smaller area; liking it is a different matter.

The Best Laid Plans: Again, creative idea, but there's nothing that particularly captivating here in terms of thinking a new and creative character. Sure, Levacius leading a revolt sounds fun and all, but something new besides a revolutionary self-avatar would be nice.

Just wanted to notify you guys that altough I couldn't edit my entry due to exams, all the problems will be worked out if it gets posted. Remember: Riddles of War = Canon CharsAltough there are many many good RPGs this rounf

I'm back!

Too much cyber-punk? Well why not go for some nice old school Western action! [/blatantDesolationplug]

7AOYGDJ.jpg