RPG Forum Contest 27

Black Six

Well, I think y'all should vote for Desolate. Now, she don't look like much, but a game like this'll be with you til you die. As one of my friends likes to put it, real shiny, too. Now, The Best Laid Plans is another you should throw your support behind. If only because we aim to misbehave, can't let the All-, ahem, the Suits have their way. Undying is great, too. After all, can't be worse than what's lurkin' out there, right?

Now get out of here. You're damaging my calm.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Annddd it looks like Reborn is just gonna fall through the cracks. :P

Anyway, felt like making a list of my own- In no particular order-

Shall definatly vote for, definate play if win

-Reborn in Red (Blatent Reasons should be blatent)

-Mystery (DISCOVERING STUFFS!)

-Undying (Ghosts, Destral, and fire.)

-Transformation (Skakdi. Just Skakdi.)

-Desolation (Western awesomesauceness.)

Will vote for if have extra, possible play if win

-The Best Laid Plans

-The Great Sphere People Watching Tests (TSMSOE)

-It's all In Your Head

-Dystopian

There. Take my lists and rip them apart with viscious advertising and things like 'XXXXX should be here instead'.

:P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Just wanted to notify you guys that altough I couldn't edit my entry due to exams, all the problems will be worked out if it gets posted. Remember: Riddles of War = Canon CharsAltough there are many many good RPGs this rounf

I'm voting for this. Already have a canon character in mind.

Just wanted to notify you guys that altough I couldn't edit my entry due to exams, all the problems will be worked out if it gets posted.Remember: Riddles of War = Canon CharsAltough there are many many good RPGs this rounf

Takua, right? :P

WIP

Just wanted to notify you guys that altough I couldn't edit my entry due to exams, all the problems will be worked out if it gets posted.Remember: Riddles of War = Canon CharsAltough there are many many good RPGs this rounf

Takua, right? :P
Actually Takanuva, read the RPG post.

The Spherus Magna Social Observation Experiment: This RPG is good in the sense it has the most creative idea out of the lot. Again, there's not enough here to give any particular strong character ideas, and I wish there was a bit more world to go around. I understand the reasoning for having a smaller area; liking it is a different matter.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Ahh, yes, I can explain that. See, I procrastinated. A lot. I'll likely flesh it out a lot more next contest.Until then, I'll definitely be voting for The Best Laid Plans, and others depending on when I get time to read the entries :lol:

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

Until then, I'll definitely be voting for The Best Laid Plans, and others depending on when I get time to read the entries :lol:

So I guess your vote is... a Mystery.

Yeah.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yes. Vote TBLP and Undying. I like that idea.

Anyway, people, I will close my counting for the opinion poll... now.

The results are:

(squee)

Undying - 6 votesThe Best Laid Plans - 4 votesDystopian - 3 votes

Mystery - 3Desolation - 3The Spherus Magna Social Observation Experiment - 1Riddles of War - 1Reborn in Red - 1Transformation - 1

Also. I'm leaving tomorrow, heading on a short trip abroad, so I won't be able to vote. It's up to you guys to make sure Undying wins. I'm appointing Krayzikk my campaign manager in my absence. Don't screw this up.

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

You know what? I'm going to vote for Mystery instead of The Best Laid Plans.

Because TBLP will get in no matter what I do.

Does the name Chris Daughtry mean anything to you?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

How come there are so few votes for Transformation, I've got a character that I want to play and he'll only fit it that RPG, besides you get to fight and blow stuff up to your hearts content, who wouldn't like the game. I haven't really decided the other two I want to vote for.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I am not searching for pity votes; I seek to win based solely upon merit. Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

But, see, I think you have the right idea. There's always going to be more RPGs with some cybernetic, futuristic society. But is it truly in your best interests to miss out on an RPG introducing a newer twist upon a nostalgic area, with numerous untold stories just waiting to be discovered, and much greater freedom of choice in terms of character creation and exploration? Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

No. No it's not. So vote for Mystery, an RPG placing technologically advanced characters in a beautiful, fantastical realm to discover the ancient secrets of Spherus Magna and the Windy Island. Put aside your desires for a city in the clouds. We've done that before. If you want to do it again, the video game is coming out later this week. But this... this is what Bionicle is really about. A fan-based continuation from the original storyline. Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

There. Now you, and everyone else, know the truth. The sole, singular truth - that thou must vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27.

Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

[/campaignadvertising]

Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

Does the name Chris Daughtry mean anything to you?

-Tyler

Heh.Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

How come there are so few votes for Transformation, I've got a character that I want to play and he'll only fit it that RPG, besides you get to fight and blow stuff up to your hearts content, who wouldn't like the game. I haven't really decided the other two I want to vote for.

Mystery and Undying obviously. Search your feelings, Luke. You know it to be true.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

you get to fight and blow stuff up to your hearts content

Such a novel idea.

-Dovydas

Hmm... I wouldn't say that's quite the point of Transformation as an RPG, but there are certainly opportunities available. By all means, vote if you want the opportunity to destroy, but also consider the opportunities for exploration, character development, struggles for power or what is right. Think of remaking Zakaz as your characters want it to be, even against the odds. Even use it as backstory for your Skakdi characters in other games.

There's plenty here to like and to vote for. If you haven't allready, give it a read. Actually, give all the entries a read, because otherwise you might miss something you like.

ppg2.png

I am not searching for pity votes; I seek to win based solely upon merit. Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

But, see, I think you have the right idea. There's always going to be more RPGs with some cybernetic, futuristic society. But is it truly in your best interests to miss out on an RPG introducing a newer twist upon a nostalgic area, with numerous untold stories just waiting to be discovered, and much greater freedom of choice in terms of character creation and exploration? Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

No. No it's not. So vote for Mystery, an RPG placing technologically advanced characters in a beautiful, fantastical realm to discover the ancient secrets of Spherus Magna and the Windy Island. Put aside your desires for a city in the clouds. We've done that before. If you want to do it again, the video game is coming out later this week. But this... this is what Bionicle is really about. A fan-based continuation from the original storyline. Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27 Vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27

There. Now you, and everyone else, know the truth. The sole, singular truth - that thou must vote for Mystery in RPG Contest 27.

[/campaignadvertising]

So, what we want to vote for is another game based off of the same formula as Waves of the South, flung into the future a bit, with the same basic setup as an installment in the Elder Scrolls? :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

you get to fight and blow stuff up to your hearts content

Such a novel idea.

-Dovydas

Hmm... I wouldn't say that's quite the point of Transformation as an RPG, but there are certainly opportunities available. By all means, vote if you want the opportunity to destroy, but also consider the opportunities for exploration, character development, struggles for power or what is right. Think of remaking Zakaz as your characters want it to be, even against the odds. Even use it as backstory for your Skakdi characters in other games.

There's plenty here to like and to vote for. If you haven't allready, give it a read. Actually, give all the entries a read, because otherwise you might miss something you like.

I know. I've read Transformation, and I rather like it as a concept, partially because a few years back I also had an idea for an RPG set on Zakaz so I feel a sort of affinity to it. I'm just poking fun at the wording. :D

-Dovydas

So, what we want to vote for is another game based off of the same formula as Waves of the South, flung into the future a bit, with the same basic setup as an installment in the Elder Scrolls? :P Well, I think I can roll with that. But I kid - I am going to vote for Mystery because it is awesome.

The Waves of the South formula of exploration for the sake of exploration and character development has been modified by the Light Meets the Dark formula of story line based character development to create a composite formula - exploration for the sake of advancing the story, which will lead to character development. So no - the RPG I want you to vote for has a new formula, one that I promise shall exist solely for the purpose of player enjoyment. Vote for Mystery.

(Even if it wasn't, the formula worked out well - enough. The setting on Dajon failed because I thought having the interconnecting pieces of dungeon sent via PM for players to run the entire thing themselves would work. It did not, and that entire place just ground to a halt. I also made the mistake of not introducing the first turning point of the story soon enough into the first act, and expected to make the exposition last three months. This was a mistake I will not replicate a second time - if Mystery wins then players willing I'll keep at least four posts a day for all three months.) Vote for Mystery.

And as far as the basic setup - being an escaped/released prisoner is completely optional here. :P But even then - the setting itself is true to Bionicle in every way I could think, and is designed to have a tone and setting similar to the original Mata-Nui island, but with a new story to reflect all of the changes that had taken place to Bionicle over its eleven years. Vote for Mystery.

Feel it - all of the false illusions, being lifted. You see the light. You see the truth behind it all - that truth being, that a vote for Mystery will help secure a great RPG, where the story is important, and the characters doubly so - you are not just a piece of the puzzle, you actually influence the world around you. Not to destroy it, though - to make the story yours. Vote for Mystery.

There's plenty here to like and to vote for. If you haven't allready, give it a read. Actually, give all the entries a read, because otherwise you might miss something you like. Like Mystery. It is a great RPG.

Like Mystery. Vote for Mystery.

[/blatantadvertising] Vote for Mystery.

I think the forcefulness of the adverts might be a bit too strong this time. Maybe I should be more subtle. Vote for Mystery.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: the guy who made Mystery which is the RPG you are going to vote for.

So, what we want to vote for is another game based off of the same formula as Waves of the South, flung into the future a bit, with the same basic setup as an installment in the Elder Scrolls? :P Well, I think I can roll with that. But I kid - I am going to vote for Mystery because it is awesome.

Feel it - all of the false illusions, being lifted. You see the light. You see the truth behind it all - that truth being, that a vote for Mystery will help secure a great RPG, where the story is important, and the characters doubly so - you are not just a piece of the puzzle, you actually influence the world around you. Not to destroy it, though - to make the story yours.

Implying yours is the only game that does this in the current crop of games.

And yeah. You're beating everyone to death with it.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Implying yours is the only game that does this in the current crop of games.

And yeah. You're beating everyone to death with it.

-Tyler

Of course not. I'm implying that it does this, and trying to divert attention away from the fact there are other RPGs that do it. By emphasizing positive traits of your subject matter while pretending to ignore the competition, you help divert the person you're attempting to persuades attention away from anything that might put them on the opposite side.

I'd be a lot more subtle if I was secure in winning. Dovy is being unnecessarily paranoid; mine, on the other hand, is completely justified. It's a lot harder to use flowery speech for manipulation via text than via oratory. For me, at the very least. I have to just beat it to death when doing it this way to make a point. Which is what the mob will do if you don't vote for Mystery, muahahaha.... hahaha... heh. Not really.

I'll probably vote for Riddles of War(it's really better than it seems guys)For the other two I'm not really sure, something between Canis' or that one on Zaka(I suck in name remembering)

You want to vote for mine? Wow. That's a first.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

How about, instead of trying to divert attention away from other RPGs, you let people alone to choose the ones they like best. That's the point, isn't it?

Everyone's a critic.

I'll probably vote for Riddles of War(it's really better than it seems guys)For the other two I'm not really sure, something between Canis' or that one on Zaka(I suck in name remembering)

It's Transformation - and Zakaz is spelled with two z's. Remember, all the Skakdi are getting Transformed.

How about, instead of trying to divert attention away from other RPGs, you let people alone to choose the ones they like best. That's the point, isn't it?

Hey she might be on to something...hmmmmmm.

In an ideal world (ideal forum?) yes, that would be the case, and I'm sure many of us would love to see that.

Sadly it isn't, and people vote for RPGs based on many things besides having read all the entries and deciding which they like the best and want to play based on the games' own merits. One of the ways people exploit that is by advertising, so I don't see it stopping any time soon, at least not without some major changes to how these contests are run.

Call it a necessary evil if you will, but writing and reading said advertising can be quite entertaining.

ppg2.png

Two questions: How long will the polls stay open? and second, What will happen with a tie in the preliminaries? (It looks like there will be one in Paul with Riddles of War and It's All in Your Head.)

I believe you end up with a larger final poll.