Metalicus (BIONICLE MOC)

This is my third Bionicle MOC since joining BZP. My first two, in my eyes, were kind of, well, meh. But, as they say: the third time's the charm.

Meet Metalicus, the toa of metal. He carries a laser ax/spear-thing, can control all things that have metal in them, and bears the kanohi Avohki (Mask of Light).

Main Photo:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CKinVA/MOCS/091.jpg

Front:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CKinVA/MOCS/084.jpg

Back:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CKinVA/MOCS/086.jpg

Detail of Leg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CKinVA/MOCS/087.jpg

More photos will come soon, I am open to any C&C! :D

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I almost read the title as Meticulous, but alas, that's not the name. :P

My favorite part right off the bat is the upper legs. Good job there!

Just in my opinion, the chest looks a little empty. You should try and add some more stuff there, maybe a bit more armoring.

The lower legs, maybe consider revising the feet or adding something to the legs in general? Just a little uneven with the amount of detail in the MOC. Jumps from really detailed upper legs to empty chest, etc.. A smooth transition would look better.

Last but not least, the arms. Maybe consider making the upper arms more of something like the upper legs?

Overall, he looks pretty good, especially considering it's your 3rd MOC here. Like I said, good job!

Just in my opinion, the chest looks a little empty. You should try and add some more stuff there, maybe a bit more armoring.

The lower legs, maybe consider revising the feet or adding something to the legs in general? Just a little uneven with the amount of detail in the MOC. Jumps from really detailed upper legs to empty chest, etc.. A smooth transition would look better.

Last but not least, the arms. Maybe consider making the upper arms more of something like the upper legs?

Overall, he looks pretty good, especially considering it's your 3rd MOC here. Like I said, good job!

If only I took a lot of time for detail...

I hated the fact that the back of the legs/arms are always so empty! So I added some filler (not shown).

Edited by CKinVA

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

If only I took a lot of time for detail...

I hated the fact that the back of the legs/arms are always so empty! So I added some filler (not shown).

Some advice there, don't rush the MOCs! Take as much time until it looks satisfactory to you.

Good there's more on the back!

Nice MOC. Don't you have any grey parts to replace the red and blue ones?

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

To which ones are you referring?
Nice MOC. I don't know why this is bugging me, but it's a Toa of Iron, not Metal. Now, onto the MOC, the body is nicely done, and the weapon is pretty cool as well. The legs are good, but the colors looks a bit bland.
I thought that Toa of Iron is too common to be used again, and Metal icus has Metal in his name, so, why not be a Toa of Metal? I liked the way that the cord-things cross on his chest, and figured they could be something like an ammo belt if he had a gun, but I suppose that the Halberd could act as a gun as well.

HERE!

Nice MOC. I don't know why this is bugging me, but it's a Toa of Iron, not Metal. Now, onto the MOC, the body is nicely done, and the weapon is pretty cool as well. The legs are good, but the colors looks a bit bland.

I thought that Toa of Iron is too common to be used again, and Metal icus has Metal in his name, so, why not be a Toa of Metal? I liked the way that the cord-things cross on his chest, and figured they could be something like an ammo belt if he had a gun, but I suppose that the Halberd could act as a gun as well.

I think he's being bugged by the fact that there are no Toa of metal and you made one. course, I don't have a problem with it, just trying to understanding.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

To which ones are you referring?

All of them, really :)

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.