Help With Making A Game

Ringoster

I'm hoping to work on a full- scale 3D platform game one day, but i gotta start somewhere. I'd like to start by making a 2D side-scrolling action game, and i'd like to know what the tools of the trade are. First off, I AM ON A MAC. I am looking for programs that could be used to put all the elements of a game together. I don't know much about programming, so i'd like something that includes a simple, user-friendly interface. I have programmed using the Behavior system in Lego Universe, and have done some work with Scratch, as well as programmed a Mindstorms NXT, just to give an idea of my experience level. And, another question: For me, it would be MUCH easier to take pictures of my own Bionicle creations to use as in-game characters, rather than make sprites. In order to do so, i would need a program that could be used to trim a picture so that it has multiple sides, since iPhoto can't work with images with more than 4 sides (i think). If you know of a program that could be used for that, or if you think/don't think the whole idea is a valid approach, let me know please!

May i suggest Unity. it is a very user-friendly Engine and allows for 3D games. some of the more well known works to come from unity are Glatorian Arena and Ultimate Crisis (that ben 10 game on cartoon network)I have used it to make a sort of COD like game, but this is on a PCI do know however that you should download it and try it out Im not so sure i know what you mean to do with the bionicle thing, but i can suggest using a makeshift green screen. Have a completely green coloured background (or whatever colour) and this will make Magic Wand tools easier to use

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Please read the Fan Created Game forum rules. Basically, you're not allowed to post a topic like this without proof that you've already started a game (like screenshots or a demo).

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Topics not allowed in the Fan Created Games Forum include:

• [*]Any thread asking for the location of a program to create games with.[*]Any thread requesting sprites, storylines, music, backgrounds, et cetera

The rules and software library also have quite a few links to help you start your search. RPG Maker and Gamemaker are about as basic as game development gets. I would take a look at these links:

• [*]
RPG Maker VX[*]YoYo Games[*]XNA Developer Center[*]Clickteam[*]Unity 3D[*]Blender[*]Sphere RPG Engine

If you need help using a program, feel free to make another topic; those are allowed. Topic closed.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]