• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

DUPLO Rabbit

rabbit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Nak

• 1,484 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 12:59 AM

A month or so ago I bought the plush DUPLO rabbit that LEGO now has for sale because rabbits plus LEGO make a really great, soft, cuddly, cute combo, and turning a brand logo into a tangible plush toy is a great idea on LEGO's part. Then, for Bricks Cascade in a week, I decided to make the DUPLO rabbit out of LEGO as well! I used a bit of white sticker for the eyes, because without it, the rabbit looked kind of dead and soulless and rather creepy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nukaya, Mar 03 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ Hanus ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

webbanner.gif

--> Newest MOCs: Benny Cake! & Nakodile <--

3.gif "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty 3.gif

#2 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 11,902 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:39 AM

Wait, LEGO makes stuffed animals? Ridiculous.Anyway, I think you captured the little guy pretty well, except perhaps for the cuddliness. The way the eyes connect looks a little awkward though, with the gaps around the red 1x1 plates.

#3 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hmm, this is nice. I really like how you were able to capture the formof the toy quite nicely. However, it could be a bit better. The eyes look odd the way they are attached. I'm almost sure there's a way to creatively integrate hinges into the design and angle the eyes as they are on the toy rather than having them stare forwards and into your soul. Also, the ears, the white inside is directly on top in the model, but I think it would look better if you reworked that area so the ears look tilted outwards rather than facing straight up. Overall, good job, though.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#4 Offline Shadow Flaredrick

Shadow Flaredrick
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,492 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 11:54 AM

I don't care what they say about the eyes, there're both adorable. (Yes I did say that) I just want to squeeze both of them right now. (The LEGO one would hurt)

Keep making more galore for us to see.

Bionicle Hitman VI: Final Hour Guns, Explosions, and hoards of countless enemies!

Join before all 12 spots are filled!

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#5 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,813 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 12:10 PM

I never heard of Lego plush toys. I never really liked Duplo, as the blocks were too big, but that is a good MOC. And a cute one.

#6 Offline Nukaya

Nukaya
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Nak

• 1,484 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 05:10 PM

Wait, LEGO makes stuffed animals? Ridiculous.Anyway, I think you captured the little guy pretty well, except perhaps for the cuddliness. The way the eyes connect looks a little awkward though, with the gaps around the red 1x1 plates.

Yeah, the only reason that is like that is because I don't have any of the headlight bricks in red, since the only two I have are being used for the nose and I wanted to try to hide the grey headlight bricks I am using. If I get some any time soon in red, I am going to replace them, because that gap is bothering me a lot. I seem to have a lot of issues of not having the pieces I need and it is driving me craaaaazy.

Mishaps & Bubblewrap ~ BZPStuck ~ Hanus ~ My MOCs ~ LEGO con photos

webbanner.gif

--> Newest MOCs: Benny Cake! & Nakodile <--

3.gif "YOU NEED TO BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!"-Unikitty 3.gif

#7 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2013 - 09:01 AM

Not ridiculous, awesome. I've wanted this guy ever since I saw him, but unfortunately I can't find any info on him outside of Bricklink.

Anyway, this is an adorable depiction of the Duplo rabbit. Nukaya, obviously what you need to do now is build him out of Duplo at twice the scale. ;)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users