DUPLO Rabbit

Nukaya

A month or so ago I bought the plush DUPLO rabbit that LEGO now has for sale because rabbits plus LEGO make a really great, soft, cuddly, cute combo, and turning a brand logo into a tangible plush toy is a great idea on LEGO's part. Then, for Bricks Cascade in a week, I decided to make the DUPLO rabbit out of LEGO as well! I used a bit of white sticker for the eyes, because without it, the rabbit looked kind of dead and soulless and rather creepy.

8523225964_7b84fac51b_z.jpg

8522101769_aa1689d561_z.jpg

8522105355_de777b525a_n.jpg 8523212092_9100f5aeec_n.jpg

8523222516_dc1cb9288f_n.jpg

Edited by Nukaya

Hmm, this is nice. I really like how you were able to capture the formof the toy quite nicely. However, it could be a bit better. The eyes look odd the way they are attached. I'm almost sure there's a way to creatively integrate hinges into the design and angle the eyes as they are on the toy rather than having them stare forwards and into your soul. Also, the ears, the white inside is directly on top in the model, but I think it would look better if you reworked that area so the ears look tilted outwards rather than facing straight up. Overall, good job, though.

aouROFb.png

Wait, LEGO makes stuffed animals? Ridiculous.Anyway, I think you captured the little guy pretty well, except perhaps for the cuddliness. The way the eyes connect looks a little awkward though, with the gaps around the red 1x1 plates.

Yeah, the only reason that is like that is because I don't have any of the headlight bricks in red, since the only two I have are being used for the nose and I wanted to try to hide the grey headlight bricks I am using. If I get some any time soon in red, I am going to replace them, because that gap is bothering me a lot. I seem to have a lot of issues of not having the pieces I need and it is driving me craaaaazy.

Wait, LEGO makes stuffed animals? Ridiculous.Anyway, I think you captured the little guy pretty well, except perhaps for the cuddliness. The way the eyes connect looks a little awkward though, with the gaps around the red 1x1 plates.

Not ridiculous, awesome. I've wanted this guy ever since I saw him, but unfortunately I can't find any info on him outside of Bricklink.

Anyway, this is an adorable depiction of the Duplo rabbit. Nukaya, obviously what you need to do now is build him out of Duplo at twice the scale. ;)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother