Karda: Outcast Knight

Chro

8522895542_1127ff6afe.jpg Photos can be found in the gallery above. This is for a contest on another site where we had to build our opponents' self-MOC (a creation or character that you make to represent yourself). I was tasked with making a version of Toa Era's Karda.I know certain things such as color blocking could've been better, I was a little pressed for time, but I think it turned out very well.Feedback is appreciated. Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

All three links are broken, dude!Edit: Wow!!! Definitely one of your finer MOC's-don't get me wrong I love your stuff :P But here is what I kinda don't feel too crazy about:1-Arms are a bit too short, and hands are a little small for him2-Could benefit from some better colour layering as you saidBut other than that it's insane!!! And I sorta have an idea for a small modification to the shield to make it look better, but I might post it as an LDD file.Best of luck with that contest!!:tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

All three links are broken, dude!

Uh, really? The only broken one as far as I'm aware is the link to the original Karda, since the website the page is hosted on has been down this morning. The links to the gallery and Era's photostream seem to be working fine. Sorry. You can see the pictures by going to my photostream via the link in my signature, though. :)

The Legs look nice. I like found your gallery in a nice set of pics of size comparison of Pirai, and an average Inika build.

Comparisons are just for size, of course, though I did update Pirai as well. ;)

The arms could use some work, but other than that it's great.

The MOC is long gone, but for future reference, what should I do better for the arms? I'd run out of yellow by that point, so... :P

Oh, and also I found out how to build him with his skeleton being first in the stream.

Yeah, that was the point of the skeleton shots. I know that people appreciate seeing how I build things, at least to some extent. :lol:

but their spirits

This my pic is the one I'm talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chromega/8522893754/in/set-72157632750500731

Maybe it might be me that thinks this.

Aaah, I see. That one did have the arms at a funny angle. However, the widest face of the Inika shoulder piece is facing towards the camera, so if anything the arms would look thicker in that shot. You might be seeing things. XD

In that picture I do see that the gap of the right elbow is especially noticeable, but there isn't much I can do with certain joints (elbows, knees, etc.) without restricting flexibility too much.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Nice moc! I liked how you mixed in Kinghts, Technic, Bionicle and Hero Factory parts to make an awesome moc! Great job!

Thanks AC. Some people like to keep their parts separate, but I like integrating them all... it's easy to do and can give excellent results when done correctly.

Sweet mother of green beans... this is the best Moc I have ever seen.

Really? Haha. Thanks Loganto. :lol:

I really like the head/shoulder/chest area. The "splash pic" is nicely done as well.I do wish you did the hands differently, but those really are the best part for fingers.

Thanks Cajun. I do need to work on some new hand techniques, hmm? :P

:afro: < has nothing to do with the post. I just HAD to use it!

But of course!

but their spirits

Nice moc! I liked how you mixed in Kinghts, Technic, Bionicle and Hero Factory parts to make an awesome moc! Great job!

Thanks AC. Some people like to keep their parts separate, but I like integrating them all... it's easy to do and can give excellent results when done correctly.

>Sweet mother of green beans... this is the best Moc I have ever seen.

Really? Haha. Thanks Loganto. :lol:

I really like the head/shoulder/chest area. The "splash pic" is nicely done as well.I do wish you did the hands differently, but those really are the best part for fingers.

Thanks Cajun. I do need to work on some new hand techniques, hmm? :P

:afro: < has nothing to do with the post. I just HAD to use it!

But of course!

Lol I dont mind seeing a moc with multiple different parts! It make a moc look unique :D

Lol I dont mind seeing a moc with multiple different parts! It make a moc look unique :D

Variety is the spice of MOCing!Which reminds me, I need to build something with blue or green soon...

but their spirits

Variety is the spice of MOCing!Which reminds me, I need to build something with blue or green soon...

Good luck! :D
Well, already did green- check out the Hordika Dragon topic.

Lucky you, getting a comment from Cajun :P:tohu:

Heheheh. Lucky me. :3

but their spirits