BEST BOOKS EVER other than bionicle of cource

boston100

I have reasently found an awsome series. They are called gone by michal grant. The plot is that everyone abouve fifteen in a californian town disaperes and a big barrier cuts the town off from the rest of the world. The cover for the canadian and U S version looks like a romance book but they are not. If u want a really good book get this one thanks.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

erm....I'm not getting the point of this topic. do you mean it to be a topic where you can discuss or...?

I think hes asking what are other peoples favorite books.

My favorite book series is one called the Passage Trilogy. Its just a good story all around. Quite a difficult read though, so Id recommend audio book.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

The Bionicle books weren't actually that great IMO (at least not the ones I remember). No offense to Greg.My favorite books? The Stoneheart Trilogy by Charlie Fletcher, Dormia by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski, the first few books of the HIVE series by Mark Walden, the Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye, the Artemis Fowl series and The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer, The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner, uh... I do read quite a lot so I can't give a complete list, haha.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I've been a big fan of Anthony Horowitz for a while (since 5th grade, so about 7 or so years), I really liked the Alex Rider series, and I'm excited for the release of Oblivion (the last Gatekeepers book) in a few weeks.I'm also a big fan of Tom Clancy, I've read a lot of his books, but Hunt for Red October is my favorite.

well, my favorite books are the DragonSpell series.

Nice. U guys shold totally read gone tho it is freaking amazing!

uh....I don't think text speak is allowed, by the way. "U" "tho". should, i think is a typo

Text speak is perfectly allowed. It's annoying and people don't do it but it's allowed.

Anyways I just finished reading jPod by Douglas Coupland. Definitely an entertaining read, even if not that satisfying. Turns out there was a TV series based on it? I should get on that.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Best books ever? It'd be impossible for me to pick an actual favorite, but here are a few of the best books ever in my opinion:

• A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness
  • The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
  • The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin
  • Anything by Vince Flynn
  • The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher
  • Anything by Agatha Christie
  • Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller series by Michael Connelly
  • The Four Loves, by C.S. Lewis

And more. =P

-------------------

To clear up the above:

Chatspeak, if done excessively, is indeed against the rules, as per the Language Use Guidelines:

In addition, the Administration encourages all members to do their best to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. In regards to the last item (spelling), using numbers and symbols in the place of letters (leet or chatspeak) is highly frowned upon and discouraged from use on this site.The occasional use of non-English languages or leet is allowed to add flavor or emphasis to your text. . . . Excessive usage will be removed

As it wasn't done excessively (and plus it wasn't leet either), the above wasn't against the rules, but it's still encouraged to not do so. Also, in the future, Strackkorotus, if you think something is against the rules, please just report the post instead of posting. Thanks!

newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

There are a lot of different books I could list, from whimsical fantasies to some philosophy/biographies I read through. But, for me personally, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky spoke to me the most. (I read it during my... Sophomore year, I believe, so two years ago -- helped me through a rather difficult time). I've not seen the movie adaptation, but I would like to eventually.

When I think of my favorite books, the following come to mind:

• Most books from Paulo Coelho, but most specifically his And on the Seventh Day trilogy.
  • Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
  • A Passage to India, by E.M. Forster
  • The Giver, by Lois Lowry
  • The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Honorable mentions given to:

• Animal Farm, by George Orwell
  • Because of Winn-Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, by Gregory Maguire

I don't know what this list says about me, but I'm sure it says something.

BZPRPG

The Gone series is good, but I prefer such endeavours as My Girlfriend's a Geek/Fujoshi Kanojo (Rotten Girl Girlfriend) and Black Butler. Book 1 of Homestuck is lying on my floor, though. I guess I should peruse it.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

"Rihannsu: The Bloodwing Voyages" by Diane Duane and Peter Morwood. Yup, it's Star Trek. Yup it's all kinds of amazing.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda surprised not to see Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series given it's due here. It takes true talent to weave a tale of such epic scope and still keep you emotionally invested in that many characters. And it will always be my go-to reference for how to properly write a plot device/mechanism into the story itself. ;)

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series deserves a mention here as well. I have to admit that the plotlines can get a little repetitive, but I think he makes up for it by crafting characters that are so lifelike and detailed that they seem to leap off the page. The books deserve a much better media representation than Legend of the Seeker could ever have given them.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

• 2 weeks later...

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series deserves a mention here as well. I have to admit that the plotlines can get a little repetitive, but I think he makes up for it by crafting characters that are so lifelike and detailed that they seem to leap off the page. The books deserve a much better media representation than Legend of the Seeker could ever have given them.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Sadly I've only seen Legend of the Seeker so far (and enjoyed it ^^"); but it really seems to be worth a read, then?

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Kinda surprised not to see Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series given it's due here. It takes true talent to weave a tale of such epic scope and still keep you emotionally invested in that many characters. And it will always be my go-to reference for how to properly write a plot device/mechanism into the story itself. ;)

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Was that the one with the wheel that could change your age? I saw the movie on TV when I was little. :P

Also, Alex Rider is tha bomb. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

For Fantasy, my favorite series would have to be Redwall.... Especially for the food and the unique cultures. As for Sci Fi, I think Greg Bear's Forerunner Trilogy is pretty amazing as a space opera/horror story.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I used to love Harry Potter, now I just "like" it. No offense to J.K. Rowling, but I've grown old enough to notice the massive plot holes in the series. Regardless, it remains a really enjoyable book series.

My favorite book series right now, would have to be Artemis Fowl and Taynikma. I'm also a sucker for anything by Agatha Christie, Poirot and Marple are just the best.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

It's of course hard to list "best books ever" since people like different things in books. But I've always liked A Series of Unfortunate Events as a series that aims at kids without talking down to them, and is concise with a clear beginning, a stuctured middle, and a definitive end.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Gone series is good

Eh. I really did not like the book at all. I remember forcing myself to finish it, only to find myself on a cliffhanger.

I'm currently reading Immortality by Milan Kundera. Very good book

I found it rather easy to read.

It's a bit like Act 1 of Homestuck, to be honest. You need to read it to get the hang of how things work there, and then you can get onto the better stuff.

And it's pretty obvious that it would end on a cliffhanger. It is a series, after all, and most serieses have to do that.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

The Gone series is good

Eh. I really did not like the book at all. I remember forcing myself to finish it, only to find myself on a cliffhanger.

I'm currently reading Immortality by Milan Kundera. Very good book

I found it rather easy to read.

It's a bit like Act 1 of Homestuck, to be honest. You need to read it to get the hang of how things work there, and then you can get onto the better stuff.

And it's pretty obvious that it would end on a cliffhanger. It is a series, after all, and most serieses have to do that.

It was an easy read, but I found it boring. The whole premise sounded very interesting to me at first, but as I read it, it became more tedious. It could have been very good, but it just kept straying away from its strengths.

I just didn't find the characters very interesting, and I wasn't really compelled to see what would happen to them in the next book.

The premise was very cool, but it was more focused on the characters and their survival rather than the mystery behind why they vanish after they turn fifteen. It looked like it was turning into just another Lord of the Flies or Girl Who Owned a City with superpowers.

Maybe I should try reading it again with the sequels, but I remember being quite dissappointed.

Edited by Reckoner

Majhost sucks

My favorite books are mangas. I used to check out up to 3 manga volumes at a time at the library constantly until mom stopped taking me. Now I have a manga app on my kindlefire that gives me my fix.

I also like a good classic adventure novel, like Moby Dick, Treasure Island, and Sherlock Holmes: the Hound of the Baskervilles. And yes, those are considered adventures due to what happens in those books.

mindeth the cobwebs

Bone series (by Jeff Smith) and Hoot, Scat, Chomp and Flush (by carl hiassen) and Fellowship of the rings (by I think we already know but if you don't it's J.R.R Tolkein which I don't think I spelled right but who cares)

Edited by Maranui

2xu8Ptu.png

Sadly I've only seen Legend of the Seeker so far (and enjoyed it ^^"); but it really seems to be worth a read, then?

I admit, the show is pretty good if you haven't read the books. Season 1 isn't so bad in that respect, but Season 2 threw the plot right out the window, introduced random elements from the rest of the following 9 books, and cobbled them together in a haphazard fashion with its own plot devices.

...And I was only content with about half the cast (although Kahlan and Darken Rahl were phenomenal.)

Was that the one with the wheel that could change your age? I saw the movie on TV when I was little. :P

Lol, not exactly:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

It's a high fantasy series where they have this concept that time, people, and events are all part of a Pattern spun by the eponymous Wheel of Time. "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills," as they say. They're my favorite books.

~ Rumpelstiltskin