Tahu still not Nuva again?

hey guys, as you can guess, I am a Tahu fan, so it came to my realization he still isn't a Nuva yet. :l

Do you think he's ever coming back? It's odd to have a Toa team of five... Idk it just feels weird.

So, your opinions, is he going to change back?

(at this point he wont, unless Greg gets back to writing.)

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Why would Tahu stop being part of the Toa Nuva?His powers changed yes, and nothing(possibly Ignika) can change that back, but why would he? He'd have to drop the Golden Armor then, but wearing that he's actually the strongest Toa to exist.

I'm back!

I can see where you're coming from, mainly because now he can't share Shielding with his teammates, friends, or allies.

On the other hand, this is a story. Just because I would want him to be able to share Shielding if I was a Matoran who needed his protection doesn't mean story writers should interfere with the realism of the story to make it happen. If so, nothing bad would ever happen and we'd have basically no story at all. I wouldn't have wanted Makuta to take over either (while evil anyways :P) if I was a Matoran.

Realistically there are trade-offs, and while Shielding is cool, there's always other things he could have that would help in other situations that he never had and you probably haven't been really hoping he would. Since he's now already far more powerful than most others, it makes sense there should be at least some kind of cost to that.

What interests me is more what he could do to make up for it. Because then we get to use our brains and imagination and it gets fun. :)

One obvious thing is, say a Matoran is in the path of a projectile. He could leap in front, using his normal Hau. In that situation, protecting himself equals protecting the Matoran because the projectile would be forced to bounce away.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But the chance of Tahu turning back to a Nuva is very low. The Ignika could possibly turn him back, but it is pretty much dormant right now along with Mata Nui. If he were to jump in Energized Protodermis, it is unknown where on Spherus Magna he could find it, apart from the ruins of the MU. If he does find it, though, he would probably die, as he already been transformed and most likely won't be transforming again.

Well if he is as strong as you say, death might not come to him.

Anyways, about sharing the shield, the Hau is not THAT strong. Many things can break it. It only really stops mediocre attacks.

Transformation by EP is based on destiny, we don't know if he's destined to transform again, the most likely result would be his death since, it was Tahu's destiny to be reverted into Mata.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Well if he is as strong as you say, death might not come to him. Anyways, about sharing the shield, the Hau is not THAT strong. Many things can break it. It only really stops mediocre attacks.

Not really. In one of the Rahkshi comics, Tahu used his Hau Nuva to stop what looked like at least a ton of rocks. But that was the Hau Nuva, not the Hau. But still, the normal Hau can stop more than just mediocre attacks, because in MNOG, I think Tahu (or one of the Mata, forgot which one) blocked one of Makuta's attacks but I hadn't played the game in a while so I'm not too sure.

It's not about the strength of the attack, it's about whether he sees it coming or not. If it takes him by surprise the shield won't work, apparently.

I'd think there's probably an upper limit to the power too, but it will help far more often than not. 'Tis the whole point after all. If you could just put a lot of effort into it and break it, what would be the good of it? I think you'd need to hit with like a supernova's worth of energy and virtually nothing has that. Maybe the Nui Stone.

And there's a similar weakness to the Rahkshi powers. He has to activate them (and the right one) to meet any attack, so if he's taken by surprise he'll be in trouble there too.

I agree he probably has no destiny to transform again in energized protodermis. That was probably tied to his destiny as a Toa, which was fulfilled. Of course, who knows really. But it likely doesn't matter 'cuz who's gonna jump in EP willingly?

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Of course, who knows really. But it likely doesn't matter 'cuz who's gonna jump in EP willingly?

me! not really, but Tahu was reverted to Mata form because his transformation to Nuva wasn't foreseen. as he couldn't wear the armor without being in Mata, he was reverted by the power of the Ignika. I wonder if he still had his adaptive armor though....does anyone know?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

as he couldn't wear the armor without being in Mata, he was reverted by the power of the Ignika. I wonder if he still had his adaptive armor though....does anyone know?

I forgot about that... So, if he turns back to Nuva, he would lose all those Rahkshi powers anyways. I suppose that makes re-Nuva-izing virtually pointless, as he'd have to give up great power for just a tiny gain.

As for the adaptive armor, not sure, but BS01 seems to imply no:

In his Adaptive Armor, Tahu Nuva wielded an adaptive weapon, which formed the Rotating Fire Blades and a Nynrah Ghost Blaster.

When he was reverted back to his Toa Mata form by the Ignika, Tahu's Hau Nuva was transformed into a regular Hau, and he lost mental discipline needed to activate Kanohi Nuva. He kept his adaptive weapon, which took the form of his original Fire Sword.

It doesn't technically say, but since he kept the weapon, if he also kept the armor I'd expect the wording to be "In his adaptive armor, Tahu wields". :lookaround:

Edited by bonesiii

It's not about the strength of the attack, it's about whether he sees it coming or not. If it takes him by surprise the shield won't work, apparently.

Awesome Idea comes up in mind: Inika Style Hau :)

I'd think there's probably an upper limit to the power too, but it will help far more often than not. 'Tis the whole point after all. If you could just put a lot of effort into it and break it, what would be the good of it? I think you'd need to hit with like a supernova's worth of energy and virtually nothing has that. Maybe the Nui Stone.

No, well Makuta broke trough(MNOLG) once, so I suppose it's like who's concentration is stronger.

And there's a similar weakness to the Rahkshi powers. He has to activate them (and the right one) to meet any attack, so if he's taken by surprise he'll be in trouble there too.

Similar to any power imaginable :) That's why sneaking is that deadly.

I agree he probably has no destiny to transform again in energized protodermis. That was probably tied to his destiny as a Toa, which was fulfilled. Of course, who knows really. But it likely doesn't matter 'cuz who's gonna jump in EP willingly?

Why would he, since he is virtually the stongest, if I would want to be Nuva I'd ask the Ignika.

I'm back!

No, well Makuta broke trough(MNOLG) once, so I suppose it's like who's concentration is stronger.

No, that was clearly taking by surprise. It blocked an attack he saw coming, then Makuta did the same attack from behind. Wasn't about concentration.

Fans have imagined some powers that don't have that weakness, especially the "reverse Hau" power in the Multiverse. :) (Which blocks only what you don't see coming... if I recall right. :P) Those that are always on at a low level will not necessarily have that weakness (and it's canon that always-on powers exist in general).

No, that was clearly taking by surprise. It blocked an attack he saw coming, then Makuta did the same attack from behind. Wasn't about concentration.

Fans have imagined some powers that don't have that weakness, especially the "reverse Hau" power in the Multiverse. :) (Which blocks only what you don't see coming... if I recall right. :P) Those that are always on at a low level will not necessarily have that weakness (and it's canon that always-on powers exist in general).
That always on thing was what I was referring too when I said : "Awesome Idea comes up in mind: Inika Style Hau "I didn't knew the idea was already used, just imagine how that awesome mask was almost created with jaller.

I'm back!

Of course, who knows really. But it likely doesn't matter 'cuz who's gonna jump in EP willingly?

me! not really, but Tahu was reverted to Mata form because his transformation to Nuva wasn't foreseen. as he couldn't wear the armor without being in Mata, he was reverted by the power of the Ignika. I wonder if he still had his adaptive armor though....does anyone know?

Yes he still does because that's the reason he looks slightly different from his '01 form.

That always on thing was what I was referring too when I said : "Awesome Idea comes up in mind: Inika Style Hau "I didn't knew the idea was already used, just imagine how that awesome mask was almost created with jaller.

Are you saying an organic Hau might make you less prone to ambush?

Not sure the organic masks had any outside senses, though. It's not like they had eyes in the back of the head. They basically just enabled the Inika to skip the Toa Metru's experience of having to figure out what their powers were / how they worked.

Eh, I don't see why he should be reverted back to Nuva form. If he's destined to stay the way he is, so be it. And frankly, with so few Toa about, it's just as well that they have someone as powerful as he in case another villain rises to power. .... Unless they pull some plot-twist where Tahu goes power-mad and the others have to transform him back. *bricked*

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Remember, if Tahu gets swithched back he'll still be one of the three most powerful Toa around(Lewa, Pohatu, and Kopaka are both gone). And in sheer power, He'd be still the strongest in Battle(We've seen him beat everyone of the Nuvas except Kopaka in the comics), so he'll still be extremely powerful.

I'm back!

Lewa's not gone. He's just on Bota Magna, and it's very likely that he's going to find a way back. Kopaka and Pohatu are not gone, either, but they just don't have a way out, so technically, they are, but just because you're on the Red Star with no possible way out (think Gaardus disappearing), they can still look for him. And that wasn't the comics, it was the MoL movie.

Lewa's not gone. He's just on Bota Magna, and it's very likely that he's going to find a way back. Kopaka and Pohatu are not gone, either, but they just don't have a way out, so technically, they are, but just because you're on the Red Star with no possible way out (think Gaardus disappearing), they can still look for him. And that wasn't the comics, it was the MoL movie.

Well I meant they aren't going to be around for some time(Dinosaurs and Star Habitants), that's what I mean with gone.

I'm back!

This is getting a bit off-topic, but we don't know whether K&P have a way back. We don't know if Gaardus is staying away for good or what. Velika seemed confident all six Nuva would be brought back together at one point, if mem serves.

This is getting a bit off-topic, but we don't know whether K&P have a way back. We don't know if Gaardus is staying away for good or what. Velika seemed confident all six Nuva would be brought back together at one point, if mem serves.

According to TPTB, the Toa Nuva (or Mata, as Velika called them) are too important to die and apparently they are a major factor in his plan, but eventually he will kill them.

Off-Topic: I hope the next chapter will be revealed before the end of this year

didact.jpg

Oh, and, @Dual Matrix, he is already THE most powerful Toa. At the moment.

And the only Toa that could equal him in power are the other Toa Nuva and Tuyet

Well with the Golden armor, no. And Tahu has all 42 Rahkshi powers also.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

In fact, the number of Rahkshi types who were present during the Battle of Bara Magna is unknown (only the Rahkshi of Heat Vision was confirmed), so there's no confirmation that Tahu has all Kraata powers

didact.jpg

Oh, and, @Dual Matrix, he is already THE most powerful Toa. At the moment.

And the only Toa that could equal him in power are the other Toa Nuva and Tuyet
He may have all the powers, but I think they are not as strong as the Rahkshi's.

Actually, whether all 42 Rahkshi were present is still an open question:Source

8) Did Teridax send only Heat Vision Rahkshi onto Bara Magna or a mixture of different kinds, with the heat vision type more common than the rest?QUOTE(GregF)8) No, not only heat vision Rahkshi.QUOTE(Tuma55)4. Were all 42 types of Rahkshi present during the battle of Bara Magna?QUOTE(GregF)4) I doubt itQUOTE(Night Terror)1) Tahu now has devoloped Heat Vision powers. Does he have some more surprises in store, or that's it all?QUOTE(GregF)1) Yes, he does